Lilac Sunrise (Mile x Apo) [M...

By ChelleofChaos

In a world where love at first sight was a figment for business tycoon Mile Phakphum Romsaithong...that was u... More

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:
Part 6:
Part 7:
Part 8:
Part 9:
Part 10:

Part 5:

233 23 2
By ChelleofChaos

"You could smile a little your Highness. It is the prettiest one in the room."

"As flattering as that is, don't you think that I'm trying? It's difficult when there's really nothing to smile about, Fah." Apo commented, a glass of pomegranate juice in his hand, sipping at it idly as his other hand found its home in his pocket, fiddling with his cellphone. He wasn't much for alcoholic drinks. Not because he didn't enjoy them, it just seemed to make him sleepy, caused him to flush red unnecessarily, and his tongue loosened with the thoughts that were definitely supposed to stay inside his brain. When it came to functions like this, he preferred to stay on the safe side, drink his soft drinks, nibble on the hor d'oeuvres that floated around on trays, and smile at anyone who floated his way. Three hours – he just had to make it through three grueling hours before he'd be left off the hook. A peek at his watch had him groaning.

A snort from the woman beside him, his assistant of five years and someone who tended to be his search engine, his confidante, his go-to for the harder days; Fah was wonder woman. Plain and simple. Except at the moment, she was ticking him off as she commented, "Checking your watch won't magically change to 11PM, your Highness. Do try to relax a little."

He attempted to do just that. To relax, to smile, to intermingle as he normally did.

Apparently, he was lacking in the ability to 'fake it till he made it' since the afternoon had been so freeing compared to the stifling evening. It wasn't his fault. It was Mile's.

How dare the man briskly ask him out like a maniac at its abruptness, take him out on the most wonderful, carefree date he'd ever had, tell Apo that his lips were quote on quote 'kissable' and proceed to rush him off for his party so that he didn't get in trouble. The aggravation! He wasn't ten anymore. His parents treated him like a child, Fah sometimes acted like a big sister, his sisters were also menaces; he thought Mile was different. Yes, he admittedly enjoyed being a little mischievous, a tiny bit playful, and extra teasing when it came to their mini date; however, it was just him being him.

Apo thought he had finally found someone that would let him be that way. He had been lulled into a false sense of security, dutifully pouted at the memory of Mile just playing off the comment about kissing him and tossed back his juice in one gulp. A droplet from the red liquid settled at the corner of his lips and before he could catch it with his tongue, it started to trace a sticky outline along his neck, it's destination being the pure-white suit he wore.

Fah would literally kill him for getting the suit dirty. She said as much when he fussed to put it on. The tailors worked frantically to fit it according to his lithe waist, the lapels and the buttons in place, his royal family symbol clipped to his left breast in a show of the power he represented. He normally didn't like white specifically because it was easy to stain! Apo tolerated it, agreed to the attire that his parents requested, and just regretted it the moment he grabbed a dark-colored beverage instead of water.

"...Crap..."

Lifting a hand to pat Fah's shoulder for a napkin or handkerchief as she looked away to talk to one of his bodyguards about something, a soft fabric suddenly caressed the length of his throat, catching the stray fiend, traveled upward slowly towards his mouth to dab at his lips, and his eyes widened. Who would dare to touch a prince? The audacity!

"How dare you causally touch a prince?"

"I thought I was given permission to do so earlier. I didn't know there was a time limit. I might've taken advantage of it sooner."

The wafting, alluring scent of cherries mingled with pine hit Apo's nose like a ton of bricks, his head snapping to the right where stood the most gorgeous man he'd ever seen. Mile Phakphum – in all his self-proclaimed glory – was standing in front of him in a black tuxedo, bowtie, and hair slicked back like some kind of mafia boss. If Mile had a past life, Apo could see him being a boss of some kind, it was reflected in his authoritative demeanor now because no one was looking twice at Mile except to ogle him. He wrinkled his nose at that.

Damn Mile for looking devastatingly handsome, drawing eyes from all corners of the banquet hall, and it wasn't even to question his presence at an invitation-only event. He blinked owlishly.

It was an invitation-only event! How the hell was he here? Did the man sneak in like a ninja and evaded security? Apo bit his lower lip, forgetting about the sticky mess on his neck for a moment to fuss at the older man, "Mile...what're you doing here?"

"I thought it was obvious."

"...Oh...were you invited after all and just didn't feel the need to tell me?" Apo's hand that had been reaching for Mile's bicep to grope it, silent play to cop a feel while jostling the other into motion to leave before he got in trouble, and his cynical mind caught up. He deadpanned, "I swear—"

Mile's hand reached for his wrist, snaking a sturdy grip around it before Apo could change his mind or step back as he had been itching to do once that revelation hit him. The hold allowed the man to tug, making the prince stumble forward at the suddenness, and the free arm looped around his waist to catch him. Apo's hands came to brace against the sturdy chest, pretending to not think about the solid muscle underneath his hands that were hidden in the form-fitting white button up.

"You are very suspicious, aren't you?"

"It's easy to be. I haven't been proven otherwise..." The prince remarked begrudged, chin jutted upward as if to be demonstrated that his thought process was wrong. It really was the only way to protect his heart and somehow, his body failed to catch up with his brain. Instead of leaning away from the one-armed hug, Apo just stood there lightly. Fah seemed to have disappeared, conveniently, and he looked into obsidian irises that were framed with porcelain features. "Not going to answer me?"

"I was being polite, your Highness and waiting for you to finish your skeptics as to why I'm here."

The younger just gaped at him, "I can't believe I thought you were polite."

"You spent a good part of your day with me, and you thought I was just polite?" Mile laughed as his hand around Apo's waist remained there. He felt content to let the appendage stay there and thought about quitting his job to apply to be Apo's belt-holder. He offered a smile to the miffed expression he was getting, "I'm sorry. I'm only teasing."

"You're not pleading your case."

"Why do I have to plead my case?"

"Your Highness, is this man disturbing you?"

Two pairs of eyes shifted to look over towards a lumbering man, more filled out that Mile currently was (the man taking mental notes on working on his muscles to match a bit), blonde hair, and a heavily accented tone. Mile figured he was a native of France and a guard just coming to check on Apo. To his surprise, he watched the prince contort his vexed face into one of complete sweetness; literally, sugar with honey would be salty compared to Apo's look, it made Mile roll his tongue in his cheek and just stare at this new man warily.

"No Louis, we're okay..." Waving a hand to the man, he plastered the widest, fakest smile on his face that melted away any irritation he had at Mile's appearance and reached a hand over to pat the taller male's shoulder, "Thanks for coming to check on me." Apo been speaking to Louis, the son of the minister of finance in France, before camping out near the food spread table. The royal didn't want to eat anything there. It all looked unappetizing to his picky palate, made do with the samples, and had been thinking how he could convince Fah to stop by a 24-hour deli or something. "He's my friend."

"Your friend?"

Apo nodded, "Yep!" He assured, hand still on Louis' shoulder to squeeze and felt Mile do the same to his own waist, inwardly cheered at the action in delight that the other appeared to be a little jealous of the attention. Not one to play to that testament or lead anyone one as he had been, he nudged at the Frenchman, "We were just catching up."

"...He is holding you tight."

"A greeting from our country."

"But I don't understand. He seems to be bothering you."

"Louis, I said he is a friend. It's okay really," Apo was doing his best to not be rude; it was difficult. He could tell that the giant didn't want to budge, he didn't know what else to do. He'd have to pull away from Mile to deal with the man he'd met only a handful of times.

Mile seemed to get fed up with the back-and-forth questioning from this man. It was fine, to a point, and even Apo was doing his best to politely nudge the man away. He could see that this 'Louis' didn't want to leave because Mile was there with Apo, in his arms, and both just conversing as a couple instead of as friends. The look of desire had also flashed across the Frenchman's façade, and it was obvious. "Louis. I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Mile."

"And?"

Apo's brow raised at the curt reply from Louis, peeked towards Mile as he could feel the tension coursing in that arm wrapped around him. Not that he didn't like an embolden man, but it could create a literal country dispute. "Mile I'll just go talk to him."

"Please excuse us. I have to steal Apo away for the remainder of the night. We both appreciate your concern but as you can see—" The man shifted to press the tiniest of kisses to Apo's cheek, the velvet texture beneath his lips felt perfect, and he murmured unconsciously to wishing it was elsewhere but knew he couldn't. They were in public; they hadn't outright confirmed to date, and he didn't want to risk the prince disliking him. He didn't know this man, it could be a king for all Mile knew, but he wasn't going to let the younger be stolen from under his nose, "—he's just shy to say he's taken. But he is. Taken that is...goodnight."

Louis sputtered like a motorboat trying to turn on in the water, Apo's eyes widened significantly, and before he could lose the nerve, Mile used his hold on the other to tug him away from the awkward situation and into an unoccupied corner of the room to compose himself. Peeling back his arm, his hand went through his hair, pushing it back as he shook his head and asked before Apo could comment, "Tell me that guy wasn't a king or president that could literally imprison me for the rest of my life?"

"...An emperor actually..." The seriousness in Apo's tone had Mile's complexion that had been speckled pink from the earlier directness, to pale as snow when the blood rushed out of him. Apo tried to keep it together but then couldn't. The laughter that overflowed out of his lips poured like a fountain of youth, the crinkle in his eyes from unbridled mirth, his giggles hiccup-y in sound from his attempt to breathe, and hands went to his abdomen that was tight from how hard he laughed. Tears to his eyes as he gasped for air, "Oh gosh. Your face....it was amazing."

"I can't believe I snuck in here just for you to torment me with jealousy then make me panic I was about to die or something!" Mile flailed at him, looking around incredulously that no one else came to check on Apo as he sighed. He shoulders sagging, "Dressed up, hair tucked back with gel, all of it to look like a dashing prince charming."

"You did sneak in?" That idea just warmed Apo. No one had ever gone through such lengths. He figured if Mile really just wanted to connect to his parents or the royal circles, the other could flash some money around and it'd entice the sharks to his side. Mile's tuxedo oozed designer, the seams custom-made, and the fabric smooth. It appeared to be newly purchased too as he could tell Mile's movements in it were a little stiff, "Did you just buy this?"

"Fah said it was a black-tie event...oh. Oops," Mile looked around as if to confirm that the woman wasn't around to hear him ratting her out, turned back with a little sigh, "I told you. I don't live here and didn't have anything to wear so I went to buy something."

Apo's fingers toyed with the pin attached to Mile's lapel, adjusted the collar against the man's neck then dropped his hands all together to cross them over his chest, hip popped, "Why would she do that?"

"She said – and I quote – that Cinderella will want to be kidnapped before midnight. To give you an hour to socialize then I was in the clear to steal you."

The younger was in shock. "You bought this suit that probably cost a ton—"

"Only about five thousand Euros? It wasn't too bad."

"Five thousand?!" The younger let out a low whistle, moving to circle around the taller man who straightened out, a smile on Mile's face as Apo continued before the prince stood directly in front of the businessman. "...You're unbelievable. I thought you didn't want to hang out anymore."

"I just didn't know the process."

"Of?"

"Being your prince charming."

Apo shook his head, letting his hand sift through the black tresses, freeing the locks from their gel-cage, watching the natural ruffle of them escaping, one going into Mile's eye like a rebel, and he bit his lower lip again. How adorable was this man? He'd never imagined that when they'd met that Mile would just have this different side to him. Not serious or business at all, just ordinary and risking life, and limb to see him. Apo did his best to tuck the hair out of Mile's face so he could study the other further, "...Mile. I am a prince. I don't need a prince."

"Doesn't Cinderella want a prince?"

"I just need a Charming. And you're plenty charming Mile."

"Then can I steal you away before midnight to see the Eiffel Tower?"

"How to say yes five times over?!"

The beam on Apo's face, the embodiment of sunshine that was unadulterated just made Mile feel accomplished. The ability to see this sunrise in the making only had him hum to himself. He saw Apo bounce on his heels and abruptly stopped to look pensive. His own bushy brows furrowed, "What's wrong?"

"I just realized something..."

"What?"

"You kissed me."

"Oh, you're right. I didn't ask, I just kissed your cheek and—" Mile let out a gust of breath when strong hands curled into his collar, tugged him down the couple of inches of height difference, their noses pressing together, and breaths mingled. "Apo...?"

"It's only fair if I do the same..." A little tilt of his head, a slight angle, his lips pressed into Mile's. The gentleness was like flopping on a hotel bed, just neatly pressed and laundry sheets hot from the dryer, and perfect for bouncing into it in order to cocoon for a long nap. The prince stayed there, absorbing the fact that he had kissed Mile first, and no reciprocation yet. Panic set in. About to pull back with a mumble until a hand came to cup the back of his head to tug him back. "Mile—mm!"

The sound of surprise swallowed. The fiendish arm came back to loop about his waist, just holding him in place as they kissed. The first one of many, he hoped, and was released temporarily to look into those darkened orbs.

"Apo."

"Y-yes?"

"It's not midnight yet so this doesn't count as our midnight kiss. Don't run away just yet."

Apo laughed at the actual play to Cinderella, smiled cheekily, "You'll just have to catch me then~ try to keep up!" A teasing nudge away from Mile, he rounded to head towards the door and looked for Fah, made eye contact with her as she winked back and made a cellphone with her hand. He mouthed a 'thank you' and sprinted out when he heard Mile bounding after him.

Their night date just beginning...

-TBC-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 767 40
Life is already as boring as it is for Mile Phakphum..being a workaholic to impress his parents means being on and off of work every single second. H...
17.8K 1K 17
A mileapo story ❤💕
34.7K 617 13
My first fan fic story about Neteyam and Ao'nung, love at first sight. Smutty and cute towards the end All characters are aged up Ao'nung-18 Neteyam...
10.9K 512 17
MILEAPO STORY