Wildest Dreams ~ Sam Kerr

By awfulJade

Say you'll remember me Standing in a nice dress Staring at the sunset, babe Red lips and rosy cheeks Say you'... More

Wildest Dreams
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

4.

830 22 4
By awfulJade

Monica Reyes stood in front of the brightly lit mirror in her backstage dressing room, her heart racing with excitement and anticipation. Tonight was the biggest concert of her career, and she couldn't afford any mistakes. The Australian sensation, known for her soulful voice and magnetic stage presence, was about to take the stage in front of thousands of adoring fans.

Her stylists, Sarah and Emma, moved around her like a whirlwind. Sarah, with her sharp eye for fashion, carefully selected the outfits for Monica's performance. Emma, a master of hair and makeup, had her work cut out for her as she transformed Monica into the stage presence her fans know her as. 

Monica took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. "How are we doing on time, ladies?"

Sarah glanced at her watch and replied, "We've got about an hour before showtime, Monica. We're right on schedule." The room buzzed with the sound of bustling crew members, adjusting lighting and sound equipment, ensuring that everything was in place.

Mona's phone began buzzing with messaged from Sam. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw the name pop up, what could she possibly be messaging her about? The two hadn't spoken since the articles about their "relationship" came out.

Sammy K ✬

See you soon xx 

She was actually coming. Monica's heart rate once again picked up as her nerves increased. She was interrupted from her worrying by Sarah handing her her outfit. It was a cute little pale pink dress, it was strapless with crystals lining the seams and small crystal hearts scattered on its fabric. It summed Monica's personality up in an outfit. 

"You are an absolute legend Sarah." Mona thanked her friend before picking up her gogo boots to go get changed.

(picture reference of outfit)

As the final moments ticked away, the atmosphere backstage became even more charged with energy. Monica's band members and backup singers gathered around her, offering words of encouragement and support. They were a tight-knit family, and their camaraderie was one of the secrets to Monica's success. Emma neatly laced a white ribbon into her curls tiling them in a half up style.

With only minutes to spare, Monica took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She visualized the crowd, the music, and the connection she would forge with her audience. This was her moment to shine, and nothing could stand in her way.

"Monica, it's showtime." Monica's manager; Jason tapped on the shoulder signalling her on stage. 

As she walked towards the stage, her heart pounded with excitement, and the roar of the crowd grew louder with each step. Backstage may have been a frenzy of activity, but as Monica took her first step onto the stage, everything fell into place. The spotlight bathed her in a warm glow, and the music began to play. She sang her heart out, pouring every ounce of emotion into her performance. The world melted away, and she was in her element, a true star.

As she sang, the lyrics flowed from her lips with a passion that seemed to transcend the boundaries of the stage. Each word was imbued with emotion, and her voice soared effortlessly through the auditorium. The audience danced and sang along, completely caught up in the magic of the moment. From crying to "1 step forward, 3 steps back" & "pretty isn't pretty" to screaming out "Fast Times" & "Run" Monica matched her audience's energy, enjoying every ounce of her performance just as much as they did.

Then, in a pause between songs, Monica addressed her audience, her voice filled with excitement. "I have some exciting news to share with all of you," she announced, a twinkle in her eye. "I'll be releasing a new album next month, and I can't wait for you to hear it. It's a collection of songs that mean the world to me, and I hope they'll mean something special to you too."

The crowd erupted into cheers, and Monica's smile widened. "The album is called "Reverie" and it will be available on all streaming platforms August 29th." She then turned to her band and whispered a few words. The music began to play, and Monica launched into a song, the crowd grew silent, they had never heard this song before. "Ladies and gentleman this is Nonsense."

"Think I only want one number in my phone. I might change your contact to "don't leave me alone" You said you like my eyes and you like to make 'em roll, Treat me like a queen, now you got me feelin' thrown, oh"  The audience was so quiet to what they were before, each person trying to feel the new lyrics being sung to them.

The audience was captivated, hanging onto every word and note. "I'll be honest, lookin' at you got me thinkin' nonsense. Cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in, and when you got your arms around me, ooh, it feels so good I had to jump the octave. I think I got an ex but I forgot him" The crowd erupted into cheers, she was unhinged and they loved it. 

As she sang, the lyrics flowed from her lips with an infectious joy. The catchy melody had the audience on their feet, dancing and clapping along. The chorus was an anthem of happiness, and Monica's voice radiated the sheer delight of the song.

"But I can't help myself, When you get close to me. Baby, my tongue goes numb, Sounds like blah, blah, bleh, blee. I don't want no one else, Baby, I'm in too deep. Here's a lil' song I wrote, It's about you and me." As Monica sang, she held eye contact with a special someone in the front row of the lower ball, Sam Kerr. Their eyes locked, and in that moment, it felt as though time had stopped. The connection was electric, and it added an extra layer of intensity to the performance. 

"I'll be honest, lookin' at you got me thinkin' nonsense. Cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in. When you got your arms around me, Ooh, it feels so good I had to hit the octave. I think I got an ex but I forgot him and I can't find my chill, I must have lost it. I don't even know I'm talkin' nonsense, I'm talkin', I'm talkin', I'm talkin'. They held eye contact for the whole chorus neither daring to pull away, both with smiles permanently etched onto their faces.

"This song catchier than chickenpox is,I bet your house is where my other sock is. Woke up this morning, thought I'd write a pop hit, How quickly can you take your clothes off pop quiz?" Monica began softly laughing before she began her next line. 

"In the land where stars align so pretty, Underneath the Southern Cross, isn't it witty?In your arms, our hearts will beat swiftly,We'll make some "down under" magic in Sydney." The music faded out and the crowd erupted into mixtures of cheers and laughter. The audience continued a wild applause, but for those few moments, it had been a private connection between Monica and Sam who had shared that unforgettable gaze.

"Thank you so much Sydney, this has been a great tour. Stream Reverie August 29th!" Monica gave one last shout into her mic before walking off stage looking around at the crowd blowing kisses to the screaming fans. 

Liked by Samanthakerr20, Elliecarpenterr, Maryfowlerrr

Monica.Reyes: Thank you to all my fans, friends and family who have supported my musical journey especially on this tour, new chapters are soon coming 🫶

Samanthakerr20: Best out there Mona

-----Monica.Reyes: Your too sweet ☺️

Liked by Elliecarpenterr, Samanthakerr20, taylorswift, sabrinacarpenter

Monica.Reyes: I'm so excited to announce my new album "Reverie" will be available on all streaming platforms from August 29th, stay tuned for a few sneak peaks along the way 😉

Elliecarpenterr: So proud of you Mo 💛

----Monica.Reyes: Ily El 🩵

Word Count: 1500

I have a new obsession with Maisie Peters, she came up on my fyp a few days ago and her songs are so good 😍

Also, let me know what you think and be honest. you guys are so good to me 🫶

-Jade 🩵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 327 15
Kristie Mewis a soccer players who plays for Houston dash, with her girlfriend Rachel daly. After Kristie finds out she cheats on her what will she d...
68.7K 2.1K 35
You are determined to succeed something that's rare.
65.6K 805 64
"My darling, all I want is to chase beautiful dreams with you" - Alexandra Vasiliu In which football's golden girl has a taste of the silver lining. ...
781K 14.1K 200
I'll write about any footballer (women of course). Feel free to give me suggestions or requests. I'll write soft fluff, smut, angst ANYTHING. Ill wri...