Their Hidden Treasure

By SophiaAria

Two families, one secret, and one chance to make it all right. The Ferrara and Caruso families are two of the... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 38

4.8K 179 38
By SophiaAria

William’s POV

I opened the door of Sophia’s room and peered inside. I smiled when I saw her asleep on Alex’s chest.

Alex looked at me and gave me a small smile.

“Is everything okay?” he asked me.

I nodded and walked into the room. I approached the bed and kneeled next to it. I leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheek. She was sound asleep.

I smiled a little as I ran my fingers through her hair.

“I have a question,” I said quietly, looking up at Alex.

He gave me a small nod and waited for me to continue.

“I thought about bringing my mom out here,” I said, making Alex’s eyes widen. “I think that Sophia could use a female figure in her life.”

Alex was silent for a moment.

“No,” he said. “She is not her mother. Sophia doesn’t need her. She has us.”

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

“She does, Alex,” I said. “But we are men. Maybe she doesn’t feel comfortable talking to us about certain things. I think it would be good for her mental health if she had a woman in her life.”

Alex tightened his hold on Sophia.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Alex said, shaking his head. “Your mother didn’t want to keep Sophia. She wanted her gone.”

I narrowed my eyes at Alex.

“So did your father, Alex,” I said, trying to keep the anger out of my voice. “You said once that Sophia was lucky your father let her live.”

Alex clenched his jaw and took a deep breath.

“He said that because he was hurt,” Alex mumbled. “He said it in anger. He said it because he thought she was his child and he was completely destroyed after he found out that she wasn’t.”

Alex sighed and looked down at Sophia.

“He would never have hurt her,” he added quietly. “He loved her even though she wasn’t his.”

Alex looked up at me and narrowed his eyes.

“What about your mother?” he asked. “Why do you think she would want to have anything to do with Sophia?”

I looked at my Sunshine and smiled.

“Because Sophia is wonderful,” I said softly. “My mom will love her. I am sure of it.”

Alex took a deep breath and shook his head.

“I don’t know, Will,” he said. “I am not sure if I’m okay with it. I am not sure if Eli will be okay with it.”

I caressed Sophia’s cheek and leaned in to kiss her temple.

“We can talk to him about it,” I said, looking up at Alex. “I won’t bring her here until we discuss it.”

Alex sighed and looked down at Sophia. He pressed her closer to him and kissed her cheek.

“My baby,” he mumbled quietly.

I smiled and stood up.

“Come on, Alex,” I said. “Let’s go talk to the rest of our brothers.”

Alex looked up at me like I was insane.

“I am not going to leave her,” he said. “She has nightmares when she sleeps alone.”

I looked at her and sighed. “She will be okay. We won’t be gone for long. I want to discuss this so I can bring her here as soon as possible if you and Eli agree.”

Alex mumbled something under his breath. He pulled Sophia to him and kissed her cheek again.

“I will be right back, my baby,” he said quietly. “You are safe. You are not alone.”

He caressed her cheek and stood up, placing her on the bed slowly.

“Hurry up, Will,” he muttered unhappily as he walked out of the room.

I shook my head and followed him out of the room.

We ran into Damien and Elijah in the hallway. Both of them looked a bit nervous.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I closed the door.

“Nothing,” Elijah mumbled. “Why are you leaving Sophia alone?”

He glanced toward the room worriedly.

“Because we need to talk,” I said. “It won’t take long.”

Elijah was reluctant to leave, but Alex pulled him to follow us.

Luke was already in the kitchen making coffee when we all walked in. He looked up at us and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Why are you all here?” he asked. “Who is with Sophia?”

“She is asleep,” Alex said as he sat down. “I was with her, but Will dragged me out of there so we could talk.”

I sighed and rolled my eyes at him. “I didn’t drag you out of there, I asked…”

“Can we just go on with it?” Alex interrupted me. “I would like to go back to her. I don’t want her to wake up alone.”

I sat down and nodded. I looked at Elijah and my brothers.

“I would like to bring our mom here,” I said. “I think that Sophia could use a female figure in her life.”

Elijah gasped and looked at Alex.

“No!” he exclaimed. “Sophia doesn’t need it! She has us!”

Alex nodded. “That’s exactly what I said.”

“I am sure that there are some things she doesn’t want to talk to us about,” I sighed. “She is vulnerable right now. Maybe she could use a woman in her life.”

I looked at Luke and I could see that he agreed with me. I couldn’t figure out what Damien was thinking. He kept glancing at Elijah and furrowing his eyebrows.

“I don’t agree,” Elijah said, shaking his head. “How can we be sure that your mother won’t hurt her?”

I gasped and my eyes widened.

“She would never do that!” Luke exclaimed before I could. “She is an amazing woman! She would want to help Sophia!”

Elijah looked at Alex.

“I think it’s clear that we both disagree,” Alex said.

“But Sophia wanted it,” Luke argued. “She said that she would like to meet our mom one day.”

Alex took a deep breath and looked at Elijah.

“We can talk to her,” Alex said. “If that’s what she really wants then we won’t forbid her from meeting her.”

“Meeting who?” a quiet voice made us look toward the entrance to the kitchen.

“Baby!” Alex exclaimed as he jumped up and rushed to her.

He picked her up and kissed her temple.

“I am so sorry, my baby,” he mumbled. “I didn’t want to leave you. We just came here to talk. I was just about to go back.”

“It’s okay,” Sophia said. “I woke up because I was thirsty.”

“Oh, honey,” Elijah mumbled as he walked to the fridge. “We should have put a bottle of water by your bed.”

Alex walked back to the table and sat down with Sophia in his arms. Luke leaned in and kissed her cheek.

“Who should I meet?” she asked as she took a bottle of water from Elijah.

“Our mom, cutie,” Luke said, giving her a small smile. “We think it might be good for you. What do you say?”

Sophia looked at Alex.

“Whatever you want, baby,” he said, giving her a small smile. “What Elijah and I want or think isn’t important, you are. If you want to meet her, you can.”

Sophia looked at me and I smiled.

“She is an amazing woman, Sunshine,” I said. “She will love you.”

Sophia pressed herself closer to Alex and gave me a small nod.

“Okay,” she said quietly. “I will meet her.”

I smiled brightly and looked at Damien.

“Make arrangements and bring our mom here,” I said excitedly.

Damien gave me a small nod and he looked back at Elijah. I approached Alex and Sophia.

“I love you, Sunshine,” I said as I bent down and kissed her forehead. “I can’t wait for you to meet our mom.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 8.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
Saved By Madison:)

General Fiction

916K 18.1K 33
Isabella Rose Romano A 13 year old to which love is something very unfamiliar to her. Having grown up in the foster system, it didn't come very often...
76.2K 1.1K 15
Gabriella is a 16 year old girl who lived with her adopted mom. Well, this was before she unfortunately passed away. Gabby was sent to live with her...
Forever family By Candyfloss

Mystery / Thriller

702K 17.1K 22
Emmalin Folliero is a 14-year-old who has been though more than most girls her age. Her mother is a drug addict and her step-father is extremely abus...