His Other Half

By DamnGina

I opened the door only to see dozens of police cars in front of the house and that terrifying black truck. I... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Voting Closed!!!
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty -seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-Five

Eighty-one

515 44 40
By DamnGina

Omniscient

"Your mates have hurt you on more than one occasion and yet you still choose to fight for them, why?" Abeba asked. "Because I love them." Ahsha paused letting her words hold the space.

"And I don't say those words lightly. Everyone here knows how irritating those three men have been, but I love them still. It comes down to what I've already said. I don't need them, but I want them. They are who I want with me if I had to choose how I wanted to do life. They have brought me headaches but they've also brought me happiness. The impact that they have had on my life is indescribable. They are the people I want to share jokes, debates, challenges, and parenting duties with." A visible shiver washed over her.

"That doesn't mean things are perfect because they are still themselves, but I can see how much they're trying. This is all so new for them—for us really so as long as they keep making strides in the right direction we're good. And they know that if they ever pull anything half as bad as they have that's it. I may love them but I won't tolerate any more of that type of bullshit." The three Ahmad brothers glanced at each other feeling just how serious Ahsha was.

"What about you Isaac? Veronica has harassed your family and your other mate more than once. She even provoked the Queen, your sister, whom you're sworn to protect during her hearing. Because of her actions, your relationship with your second mate is on the line. How can we trust that when it comes to your duties to the Queen and your people you won't betray them both for your mate?" Marie asked.

"Because I can separate my feelings for my mate, the Queen, and my sister. Veronica has some issues that need to be worked out. We all know this, but she is more than just those moments. She is the woman who I can talk to all night and the conversations never get old. She is the woman who sings off-key with me and brings me peace." He paused.

"I know Veronica fucked up with Ahsha I will be the first to admit that. I know she fucked up with Camryn too and we've talked about it, and she knows she needs to fix it. I love my mates, I love my people, and I love my sister. I shouldn't have to choose between serving the Queen and having my mate. We are a family of second chances, this last week proved that much. Veronica deserves the opportunity to have hers." Ahsha rolled her eyes. "Do you think Ahsha should keep all of her mates?" Samantha asked Isaac. "Yes." He said. "Why?"

"Because they are good for each other. Ahsha has brought back their humanity. She's the whole reason the three of them are even sitting there together. If it had been left up to them we'd all be dead. She tamed them in a sense. They think about the real-world consequences and they would impact not only them but their family, their people. We saw it in the punishment they helped deliver to Tyla." Ahsha felt warmth consume her body.

She turned her head looking at her mates. They hadn't had a chance to discuss the last portion of the hearing and she could feel all the emotions brewing in them. "Ahsha is there a problem?" Her nana called.

Ahsha stared at each of her mates. Asir looked on curiously as did everyone else. Ahsha's eyes took on a soft subdued golden glow before one by one each man let out a sigh of relief. "Will you three be okay to continue?" She asked gently.

"Yes," Pablo said just above a whisper. Malik and Ares both nodded their heads. "Continue." She said to Isaac.

"They took into consideration the ripple that their actions would cause and the potential fallout it could bring for their people and their brother. I don't think they would've had the forethought or care to consider that their choices have consequences without Ahsha. She showed them that just because they are powerful does not mean they can't lose everything they love." Isaac said.

"What about the reverse? How are they good for her?" His nana asked. "Ahsha will bottle everything she's feeling inside and hold that shit in forever. I think that having to help her mates navigate all the stuff they've been through has forced her to self-reflect on how she copes with her issues." His words left Ahsha stunned.

"Also I think they've made her a lot more patient and forgiving. Because no offense twin you used to be the biggest asshole." She laughed at that.

"But because you're mates are just as stubborn as you, they force you to slow down. And they've toughened you up. Like I'm always going to protect you, but I don't have to worry as much because I know you can handle yourself. I'm rambling now but I guess I say all that to say I think they've made each other grow up mentally and emotionally." Isaac shrugged.

"Ahsha how does that make you feel?" Miranda asked. "I know Isa has a strong dislike for them so to hear him say something nice was sweet." The young Queen laughed.

"Do you think Isaac should keep all of his mates then?" Charlotte asked as her eyes shifted to her brother. She took a moment to think about her words wisely.

"Yes." Veronica let out a shaky breath. "Really? Even after everything that's happened, you still agree he should keep his mates—," "Specifically Veronica?" Marie questioned.

"Yes. Do I personally like Veronica? No. Had Ares not stopped me when he did—," Ahsha paused shrugging.

"I would've probably lost my relationship with my brother and I was very aware of that fact but I still would've ripped her apart, which is something I don't say lightly. But that's how I feel about her. That has nothing to do with how Isaac feels about her. From what I know and what I've seen he loves her dearly. He's always been a relatively positive person but there were moments when I saw how sad he was. I try my best to always be there for him, but I can admit she makes him happy. I don't know if that's the case currently given her recent behaviors, but I can give credit where it's due."

"Because she is mated to Isaac you are aware of what that means for her title in the Oyeyemi," Marie said.

Isaac looked at his sister seeing the anger simmering just below the surface at the mention of that. When they found out that Veronica would be made a Princess of the Oyeyemi Ahsha was pissed. To the point that she refused to speak to anyone following the discussion.

"Technically she would be given the title princess." The disdain she felt for the entire situation was clear in her voice as she sucked her teeth. "And still you think she should stay?"

"Veronica for whatever her reasons are is a jealous insecure pain in the ass. If I didn't have to see her ever again in my life I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but she is my brother's mate and he's important to me. However just because he's the Prince doesn't mean she's a Princess, but I can respect that she is who he loves."

"Are you saying you won't allow her to take the title of Princess?" Abeba asked. "That's exactly what I'm saying. She's not going to get that title just cause she's my brother's girlfriend. I don't care what the rules say." Veronica felt sorrow at the Queen's words.

She hated that she'd messed things up so badly. "Do either of you see yourselves having a relationship with each other's mates? Or building one later on?" Marie questioned.

"Maybe. Before all their bullshit I was cool with them. My issues aren't even with all of them just Ares, maybe Malik, can't be completely sure about the timeline of when he lost control." Isa shrugged.

"But Ares for sure. The only reason I haven't pressed the issue is because that would give Ahsha the green light to go after Veronica. And we all know there's no way in the world she'd have any mercy." Isaac explained. Ahsha huffed because he wasn't wrong. "Ahsha?" "With Camryn yes," Was all she said. "And Veronica?" She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"She crossed a line that can't be uncrossed. I feel it is common sense you don't mention somebody's motherhood, especially a new mother and she did it purposely to piss me off. Well, it worked. It would be one thing if I had given her a genuine reason to have an issue with me, but I haven't. I cannot help it if I'm close to my twin brother. I even tried to be nice to her, and she still had an issue. My behavior and actions towards her are a direct reflection of the energy she's given me from the very beginning. I don't expect Isaac to be besties with Ares so he shouldn't expect me and Veronica to be." Isa turned and looked at her. "Can you try?" He asked.

She refused to look at him. Her eyes were straight ahead on Abeba who looked at her with a questioning look. "Ahsha, can you try for me?" He pleaded. "I did that remember and we see how that ended." She crossed her arms.

"I know you did, and I love you so much for it. You said everyone needs some grace to fuck up," "She was given grace. I've given her more grace than she deserved. The very fact that she's sitting there untouched is me showing grace." She barked.

"You don't have to be her friend at all. I would never ask that of you, but can you be in the same room as her? I'm having a kid and I want them to know you, to know their cousin. So can you try for me?" If Veronica wasn't so damn insecure— Ahsha let out an irritated sigh. 'I really hate her.' Her voice whispered to her mates.

They audibly chuckled before her body was consumed with a comforting warmth almost as if she was being hugged. 'We know but you love your brother more.' Pablo's voice filled her head, and she did.

"I can be in the same room as her. I am an adult. That does not mean I will speak to her or even acknowledge her past a standard greeting if that. She will never be alone with my children or hold them. She better not even look at him for too long. If and when the time comes and whatever children you have ask me why I don't like their mother I will be honest." She laid out her conditions.

"And no shit-talking." He added which made her roll her eyes. "Ahsha—," "Same goes for you?" He looked back at her mates and then at Veronica. "Deal. Are you good?" He asked. "No. You?" "No." He sighed before holding his hand out. They shook on it before they turned facing forward. "How much shit-talking was going on?" Ares questioned.

"A lot you three and her are delinquents." She laughed causing the three of them to smile. Imam and her Dad laughed also. Abeba watched the scene, and she wasn't amused; she was frustrated by the entire situation. "Why do you hate her mates so much my love?" Asir asked silencing the room.

"I don't." "Do not lie to me." He barked. "I don't think she is thinking clearly. Having multiple mates will lead to nothing but a disaster as it's already been proven. She isn't a regular royal she is the Queen. She can't drop everything to deal with grown men and their tantrums." Abeba voiced.

Malik, Ares, and Pablo frowned at her words. Equating them to children throwing hissy fits was disrespectful in their eyes. "What do you think would happen?" "Your mates almost instigated a war to get you and you don't think it would happen again?" Ahsha nodded her head.

She had a point. Her mates' emotional outbursts can be a lot, but that was before. Now they had a fresh start and should be given the chance to live without all that weight on them. "That's fair. I completely understand why you're so adamant about me having one mate if that's your concern. The issue is I don't think you're being honest."

Silence. Dead silence filled the room. Abeba's eyes flared with flames at her words. "I'm not being honest?" Her tone was sharp and on the verge of yelling. Oshun's presence flickered in Ahsha's eyes. Oshun didn't like the tone Abeba used or how she spoke about her mates. Ahsha closed her eyes stretching her neck and clearing her throat.

"Please watch your tone and mind your words. I understand you are my elder, but you are not Oshun's." Her words flowed in and out of her natural voice.

"When I requested Grandpa here, I meant both of them," I spoke. Abeba rose to her feet before her hand slammed on the table. "How dare you?" She snapped with so much pain in her words. Ahsha's eyes softened.

"I didn't want it to be this way but you're not listening to me." All eyes turned to the left as the doors opened. Abeba's stomach twisted at the sight of him. She was filled with longing, sadness, and anger. He slowly made his way toward the group before facing Abeba and bowing.

"Hello, my love." His voice sent a wave through Abeba. He turned to Asir and bowed also. "Asir." He spoke. Asir gave him a small nod of acknowledgment. "Ashraf." He said. Ashraf scanned the room before his eyes landed on Ahsha and Isaac. He smiled.

"Hello, little ones." He called as a childlike smile covered their faces. "Hi, Grandpa," Ahsha spoke as they hugged. He did the same with Isaac and Bastien. "What the hell?" Pablo questioned. "Your grandmother had two mates too?" Ares asked. Ahsha turned to him. "Yes, they were one of the first recorded instances of multiple mates. She was technically mated to two warring Kings" "You called me?" Ashraf asked.

"I did, you are the reason she's being so difficult. Fix it." Ahsha ordered motioning toward Abeba. Ashraf chuckled as did Asir. "She is Abeba's granddaughter without question." Asir smiled. Both men looked at their mate but before either could speak Abeba did.

"Why would you bring him here? You know what he did," She barked. Ashraf glanced at Asir whose face darkened. "Because he's the reason you're being so difficult. Pablo, Ares, and Malik are not Ashraf or Asir, but you're treating them as such." Ahsha said.

"Your mates—," "Can be buttholes I know this, and I love them still. They're not your mates, they're mine. I won't let you punish them because of what happened with them." Ahsha motioned between Asir and Ashraf.

"She's right. Be upset with me. I'm the one who hurt you. Don't take it out on them." Ashraf spoke. Abeba stared at him with a hardened gaze but both Asir and Ashraf could feel the anguish within her. "What happened?" Imam asked. Ashraf and Asir moved toward her slowly as Ahsha answered him.

"They ruled two separate lands and their families had been at war forever. So when they finally became Kings they did manage to end the fighting until Abeba. Asir met and mated her first which sent Ashraf off. Given the time multiple mates were even less of a thing than it is now, so to Ashraf, his mate had been stolen." She trailed as the pair stared at Abeba.

"They argued for some time before the sides were warring again. Abeba —," "I did want both of my mates." Abeba interjected. "But neither of them could accept the situation." She added.

"I couldn't watch my mate be with another. That's the life I was promised. I was told once I had my mate she'd be mine solely." Ashraf spoke. "I was told the same and I wouldn't give up my Queen to anyone. I would give my life to keep her safe with me." Asir said looking at Abeba longingly.

"Because of the situation and going through heat each day more painful than the last I snapped and waged war against Asir for taking my mate." "Hmm, sound familiar," Ahsha said glancing at her mates. "Ashraf won," Asir spoke.

"What does that mean?" Ares questioned. "He had Asir executed. He didn't even give me the chance to see him beforehand." "You killed him," Pablo said in disbelief.

Sure he had threatened to kill Ares even Malik, and he had every intention of doing it but he was stopped before it ever got to that point. Looking back he wasn't sure he could've gone through with it. To hurt Ahsha that way was unfathomable. "I did," Ashraf confirmed. The three Ahmad Kings felt a wave of nausea course through them at his words. Ashraf, Asir, and Abeba were what their life could've looked like had Ahsha not intervened. Not much scared them but that left a foul taste in their mouths.

"And as much as Abeba loved Ashraf killing Asir was unforgivable. She declared to herself that she would avenge her stolen mate and she did. It took some years but she settled the score with all the resentment, grief, and outrage." All eyes shifted to Abeba who had a distant look in her eyes. "It took some time but I did eventually—I killed Ashraf." She spoke sullenly. Camryn and Veronica's jaw dropped. Malik, Ares, and Pablo's faces contorted into shock.

"You killed your mate," Imam said stunned. "He killed whatever relationship we could've had the moment he took Asir from me. They both did. Had either one of them listened to my wishes—" Abeba paused. "I love both of them but some things are harder to get past than others." She confessed glancing at Ahsraf. Ahsha looked at her mates. "Because of their situation, Abeba's descendants all lost their mates." She said as her eyes shifted to Imam.

"Until you," He said. "Exactly. Every few generations one of Abeba's descendants usually a granddaughter is faced with a challenge where their mates are concerned. For Marie and Imam, her fork was whether she was going to accept Imam being a demon. But when she walked out on him she made a choice and it ended with her mate being tempted by she who shall not be named." "But she came back," Camryn called. Ahsha shrugged. "The test is also for the mate as well. Imam failed the minute he invited that woman to his home."

"So what was our test?" Malik asked. "Forgiving each other, accepting that all of you are flawed, and embracing each other as brothers. And being better men than those before you. You three are seated next to each other without any issues." Ahsha huffed. "And yours?" Imam asked. "Not losing my shit and killing them." Huffs and mumbles from her mates echoed.

"No, but really mine is beating this generational defect if you will. Getting to have a life with my intended mates—all of them." She said turning to Abeba. "And I'm the monster you have to defeat, huh?" Abeba asked. "No, you're a protective grandma who is looking out for her granddaughter and I respect that. I just think you have some misguided anger that you're directing toward the wrong people." The two women stared at each other. "Very well then, you five stay." She ordered motioning to Ares, Pablo, Malik, Veronica, and Camryn.

"The rest of you can leave." Ahsha and Isaac looked at her wide-eyed. "What?" Isa snapped. "Absolutely not," "It's fine habibata," Malik said. She turned looking at him. "We'll see you right after," Pablo added. Nerves raced through her. "Hey, relax," Ares called taking her hand in his. "Relax?" Ahsha scoffed. "Are you crazy? My grandma wants to kill two of you and you expect me to relax." "I'll be here the entire time, little one," Asir said.

"Me as well," Ashraf added looking from her to Isaac. She looked at her grandmothers before Oshun took over. She bowed respectfully before she spoke, "What are you going to do to them?" "That is for us to discuss," Abeba said. "Do not hurt them." Everyone could hear the warning in her words. She turned and looked at her mates. 

Malik cupped her cheek affectionately before kissing her lips. Pablo grabbed her chin staring into her eyes before a shaky breath left her lips. "We'll see you shortly, sweet mate." He whispered. Each of her mates could feel her rapid heartbeat and were trying their best to soothe her. Pablo then kissed her softly. He let her go earning a quiet sigh in return.

Her eyes then met Ares. Although his face didn't show it she could feel every emotion. The intensity of all their feelings raged inside of her. "Hey, relax," She mimicked his words gaining a half smile from him. He grabbed her jaw pulling her lips to meet his. She eventually had to push him away. "Damn." She whispered. 

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see any of that," Bastien spoke as he guided his children outside. Ahsha turned staring at her mates before the huge doors slammed closed in her face. 'I can't feel them anymore.' Oshun whispered. "What is it?" Bastien questioned looking at his children. "I can't sense Veronica," Isaac spoke. Ahsha didn't speak as she stared at the door.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 17K 18
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...
1.5M 85.7K 84
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.5M 124K 60
"แ€›แ€พแ€„แ€บแ€žแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ผแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€”แ€ฒแ€ทแ€žแ€ฑแ€†แ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€แ€ผแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€ธ แ€กแ€œแ€ฝแ€พแ€ฌแ€•แ€ซแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€–แ€ผแ€แ€บแ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€แ€ซแ€”แ€ฎแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฌแ€™แ€พ แ€„แ€ซแ€™แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€…แ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ทแ€œแ€ฝแ€พแ€แ€บแ€แ€แ€บแ€–แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€žแ€„แ€บแ€šแ€ฐแ€”แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€แ€šแ€บแŠ แ€œแ€ฐแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€ แ€žแ€ถแ€žแ€›แ€ฌแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€›แ€ฑแ€…แ€€แ€บแ€›แ€šแ€บแŠแ€แ€‹แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ธ...
1.6M 108K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. ๐Ÿ”ฅ** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...