Too Far Gone (Don't Save Me B...

By AccioTherapists

It's finally time for Y/n to reunite with her family but is she ready for everything that comes with being a... More

Chapter One: The Source
Chapter 2: Holding my Breath
Chapter 3: Affection and Hate
Chapter 4: Laughing
Chapter 5: The Escape
Chapter 6: The Quibbler
Chapter 7: The Room of Requirement
Chapter 8: Discovery
Chapter 10: Home
Chapter 11: What Do You Want?
Chapter 12: Macnair
Chapter 13: Neville
Chapter 14: The Pensieve
Chapter 15: Veritaserum
Chapter 16: Voldemort's Daughter
Chapter 17: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 18: Kreacher's Betrayal
Chapter 19: Regulus Black
Chapter 20: Failure
Chapter 21: Wormtail's Punishment
Chapter 22: Eavesdropping
Chapter 23: Eager
Chapter 24: Just a Few Days
Chapter 25: Reunion
Chapter 26: For Both of You
Chapter 27: Another Boggart
Chapter 28: Let the Lessons Begin
Chapter 29: Welcome Home, Y/n Riddle
Chapter 30: The Prophecy
Chapter 31: What Happened?
Chapter 32: A Sign of Life
Chapter 33: If Only...
Chapter 34: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 35: Who Died?
Chapter 36: The Start of Term
Chapter 37: Malfoy Manor
Chapter 38: I Knew You Had it in You
Chapter 39: Ask Away
Chapter 40: Questions
Chapter 41: Draco
Chapter 42: Suspicions
Chapter 43: The Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 44: The Full Moon
Chapter 45: Confrontation
Chapter 46: Visitors
Chapter 47: Crookshanks
Chapter 48: Anger
Chapter 49: Old Memories
Chapter 50: Quidditch Accident
Chapter 51: Potions Class
Chapter 52: The Memory
Chapter 53: The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 54: The Hospital Wing
Chapter 55: The Letter
Chapter 56: Breakfast
Chapter 57: Another Reunion
Chapter 58: Two Days Later
Chapter 59: Seven Potters
Chapter 60: The Attack
Chapter 61: Sectumsempra
Chapter 62: The Minister's Visit
Chapter 63: The Wedding Crashers
Chapter 64: Macnair's Betrayal
Chapter 65: 10 Minutes
Chapter 66: The Sword of Gryffindor
Chapter 67: In the Face of War

Chapter 9: Dumbledore's Army

131 8 2
By AccioTherapists

I reached Dumbledore's office, stashing the invisibility cloak in a nearby nook that no one would find, before knocking on the door. It swung open, revealing Minera, Umbridge, Albus, Harry, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Marietta Edgecomb, Percy Weasley, and the Minister of Magic. Minerva smiled softly when she saw me but I could see the worry behind her eyes.

"Professor Y/l/n," the minister greeted, nodding his head slightly. "What can we do for you?"

"I heard the commotion just outside and was informed Harry had been brought to the headmaster's office. What's happened?"

"Mr. Potter was found conspiring against the minister and we found this!" Umbridge exclaimed as she thrust a note in my hands. Dumbledore's Army. "And these," she added, her voice sounding colder as she handed me the photos that had once been attached to the mirror in the Room of Requirement.

"Where did you get these?" I asked, trying to seem completely unaware of the DA.

"We found them in their little training room," Delores answered. "Care to tell me how a photo of yourself as a child ended up in that room, along with a photo of you and several deceased witches and wizards?"

"You mean witches and wizards who died fighting Voldemort?" I replied, coolly.

"Don't say his name!" she shrieked.

I rolled my eyes and she continued.

"Do you know how these photos ended up there?"

"No."

"Funny. Mr. Potter seems to have the same answer when asked about the photos and this little... army."

I looked down at the photos once more as Dumbledore asked for evidence and Umbridge began discussing the students' first meeting in Hogsmeade. When she could provide no further evidence Marietta Edgecomb was asked to confirm the meetings had been going on for six months but the girl simply shook her head.

"What do you mean by shaking your head, dear?" Umbridge asked, though her eyes betrayed the calm tone she was trying to take with the girl.

"I would have thought her meaning was quite clear," Minerva answered, growing annoyed with Umbridge's line of questioning.

"There have been no secret meetings for the past six months. Is that correct, Miss Edgecombe?"

The girl nodded.

"But there was a meeting tonight!" Umbridge shrieked.

"There was a meeting, Miss Edgecombe, you told me about it, in the Room of Requirement! And Potter was the leader, was he not, Potter organized it, Potter — why are you shaking your head, girl?"

"Well, usually when a person shakes their head," Minerva hissed, "they mean 'no.' So unless Miss Edgecombe is using a form of sign language as yet unknown to humans —"

This seemed to anger Umbridge and she grabbed the girl, who was already terrified as it appeared some sort of jinx had been placed on her for betraying the DA. Umbridge began shaking the girl and I reached for my wand but Albus cleared his throat, giving me a warning look as he grabbed his own. The look in his eyes was clear. Do not get involved. Do not anger her any further.

Umbridge jumped back, as Kingsley moved forward.

"I cannot allow you to manhandle my students, Dolores," Albus hissed, an anger in his eyes I had rarely seen.

Kingsley was able to calm Delores before she snatched the list from my hands and showed it to Cornelius. "See what they've called themselves... Dumbledore's Army."

I slipped the photos into my robes without her noticing as Albus took the parchment from Fudge. I'd expected him to say something in his defense but he looked up, a smile spreading across his face.

"Well, the game is up," he began. "Would you like a written confession from me, Cornelius... or will a statement before these witnesses suffice?"

Minerva, Kingsley, and I exchanged a glance as none of us were exactly sure what was happening but we knew this wasn't going to end well.

"Statement?" Fudge asked, seeming confused. "What — I don't — ?"

"Dumbledore's Army, Cornelius," Albus replied, still smiling as he waved the list of names before Fudge's face. "Not Potter's Army. Dumbledore's Army."

"But — but —" Fudge was slowly beginning to understand. "You?" he whispered.

"That's right,"Albus replied.

"You organized this?"

"I did."

"You recruited these students for — for your army?"

"Tonight was supposed to be the first meeting," Albus continued. "Merely to see whether they would be interested in joining me. I see now that it was a mistake to invite Miss Edgecombe, of course."

"Then you have been plotting against me!" Fudge yelled.

"That's right," Albus answered.

"No!" Harry shouted.

I could see Minerva and Kingsley glare at him in warning. The message was clear. Do not interfere.

"No- Professor Dumbledore!"

"Be quiet, Harry, or I am afraid you will have to leave my office," Albus hissed.

"Yes, shut up, Potter!" Fudge hissed, though he was still watching Albus carefully.

"Albus, you can't-."

"Professor Y/l/n," Albus warned. Minerva moved beside me, taking my hand in hers.

"Well, well, well... I came here tonight expecting to expel Potter and instead-"

"Instead you get to arrest me," Dumbledore said, interrupting Fudge. "It's like losing a Knut and finding a Galleon, isn't it?"

Fudge seemed particularly excited as he ensured Percy had written everything down. I stared at him as he'd finished writing but he couldn't meet my eyes. Fudge ordered the notes be sent to the Daily Prophet before Percy left the room to complete these orders as Fudge turned to Albus once again.

"You will now be escorted back to the Ministry, where you will be formally charged and then sent to Azkaban to await trial!"

"Ah," Albus said, moving slowly away from his desk. "Yes. Yes, I thought we might hit that little snag."

"You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to... what is the phrase? 'Come quietly' Well I can tell you this... I have no intention of going to Azkaban."

Dumbledore turned to Minerva and I, winking before a loud bang could be heard through the office. I felt Minerva push me down before her hand slipped from mine and I saw her move toward Harry, pulling him to the ground. I breathed a sigh of relief as the dust slowly began to clear.

"We don't have long," Albus said. "I had to hex Kingsley as well or it would've looked suspicious. "He was remarkably quick on the uptake, modifying Miss Edgecombe's memory like that while everyone was looking the other way. Thank him for me, won't you, Minerva?"

She nodded.

"Now, they will all awake very soon and it will be best if they do not know that we had time to communicate. You must act as though no time has passed, as though they were merely knocked to the ground, they will not remember-."

"Where will you go, Dumbledore? Grimmauld Place?" Minerva asked.

Dumbledore shook his head, assuring us that he was not going into hiding and the Minister would soon regret having dislodged him from Hogwarts, before turning to Harry, making him promise to practice Occlumency and close his mind.

"Y/n," he continued, turning to me. "You must keep yourself out of trouble if you can but... promise me you'll look after the boy... from both sides." He gave me a knowing look and I could practically feel my heart dropping to my stomach. "I know it's not what any of us wanted but... I fear we have no choice. Their connection is getting stronger and if Severus and Harry are unable to... make any progress." His voice lowered as he spoke and my heart was racing. Minerva took my hand once again, squeezing it gently as Albus continued. "I fear we have no choice. We cannot wait anymore. We need another member... and we need it now."

Harry stared at me confused but I shook my head, pulling him into a hug. "It's nothing to worry about, Harry."

I could see he wanted to argue more but he decided against it. I released Harry and Albus pulled me into a hug, though I knew this wasn't simply a sentimental act. This was confirmed as he whispered in my ear.

"We need you, Y/n."

I swallowed thickly, pulling away from him as Dawlish began to stir. Fawkes swooped overhead and in a flash of light Albus was gone. Minerva looked at me, tears in her eyes as the ministry members began waking up. Life as we knew it was about to change forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 1.8K 22
Alecto would be attending her 5th year at Hogwarts where Severus is willing to fix their relationship and build it up after her fourth year. The Triw...
1.4K 59 51
the long lost daughter of severus snape has arrived at hogwarts. azkaban-deathly hallows 2 draco malfoy fanfic <3 & harry potter fanfic 🫢 love tri...
1.1K 38 24
Rhiannon Elizabeth Black is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black. When she returns to Hogwarts after she and Harry participated in the Tri-Wizar...