𝐋𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐭𝐞 𝐋𝐒�...

By staceyreads_

Dominic Ivan Volkov is the next in line to rule his mafia. running a mafia comes with many things power, stre... More

π€π„π’π“π‡π„π“πˆπ‚π’
π“π–πŽ
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
π…πŽπ”π‘
π…πˆπ•π„
π’πˆπ—
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
π„πˆπ†π‡π“
ππˆππ„
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π„π„π
π…πŽπ”π‘π“π„π„π
π…πˆπ…π“π„π„π
π’πˆπ—π“π„π„π
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
π„πˆπ†π‡π“π„π„π
ππˆππ„π“π„π„π
π“π–π„ππ“π˜
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-πŽππ„
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π“π–πŽ
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π…πŽπ”π‘
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π…πˆπ•π„
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π’πˆπ—
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π„πˆπ†π‡π“
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-ππˆππ„
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜-πŽππ„
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜-π“π–πŽ
π„ππˆπ‹πŽπ”π†π„
π€π”ππ“π‡πŽπ‘π’ ππŽπ“π„ β™‘οΈŽ

πŽππ„

4K 60 18
By staceyreads_

I turn the pages of my book and ignore the constant bagging on my door.

"Hello? Lina? I know you're in there. My father wants to speak to you." Vera speaks from the other side of the door.

I groan loudly, close my book, slide my glasses off of my face and onto the top of my head, and then slipping on my light pink slippers.

I open the door and raise a brow.

Vera rolls her eyes. "I know you heard me. He needs you. Now."

I push past my cousin and make my way down the marble staircase and into the long corridor where his office is located.

I don't bother knocking and enter, closing the door behind me. "You called?"

My uncle sighs. "When will you learn Angelina? Knock them you enter and please fix that attitude."

"But you called for me. So I don't need to knock to ask for permission to enter if you're the one that wanted me here and-"

"Stop the smart mouth, Lina. I don't care. Take a seat." He quickly dismisses me.

He holds his pen to his mouth and scans his large computer screen. He grins and turns to me. "When do you open your store?"

"Eleven. Why? What do you want me to do tomorrow?" I look down at my watch which reads 9:34 a.m.

"Lina. I want you home early tonight. It's really important. Do you understand?" He questions.

I hum in response and stand. "Thank you for wasting time on something you could have sent Vera to tell me."

My uncle scowls at his screen and then turns to me. "Out of my office in five seconds. Five.. four.."

I don't hear the rest of his stupid countdown before I leave the room. Not that I'm scared. He isn't going to do anything. He's been doing the countdown thing since I was five and he didn't seriously believe me, at age twenty-four is still scared of that.

I quickly run up the stairs, grab my phone and dial the only person that I know who'll always answer. "Isabel?"

"Yeah, babe. You okay?"

"Of course. I just needed to know if you've seen Maxim. I haven't heard from him for two days. I figured you know since you know everything." I sigh.

"Ooh. No. I'm sorry. Maybe it's work, you know how your boyfriend is. He wants to spoil you, and that means working."

"Okay. I'll keep trying." I thank her and end the call trying once more.

I clench my jaw in annoyance when he doesn't answer for the fourth time. I drop my phone onto my bed and walk into my bathroom. I Stare at the large messy bun, tangled with my glasses on the top of my head.

I shake my head and grab a hairbrush. "This is going to be a long day."

✧✧✧

I groan quietly trying to hide my annoyance at the woman standing and complaining in front of me.

"Ma'am, I can assure you that this piece of jewellery isn't sold by our store. It looks like it's from Target-" I start but she interrupts with a loud huff.

"No! Don't insult me. This was bought here and now it's broken because of your cheap jewellery line. This is unacceptable. I'm going to call your manager if I don't have this exchanged."

I roll my eyes and fold my hands across my chest. "Hello ma'am, I'm Angelina Lebedev. I don't have a manager. I'm the owner of Lebedev Jewellery." I reply, smirking when her eyes widen,

The woman picks up her bags and gives me a side glance as she walks out of the store.

She really thought.

The amount of times people claim they bought my jewellery is ridiculous.

Mrs Ramirez sighs. "Gosh. People really need to get a grip. That's the third time this week. It's not a joke. These pieces are extremely expensive."

I hum in response and look over at the large clock hung on the wall and start making a move,

8:45 pm.

I remind myself that my uncle wanted me home earlier than normal this evening to discuss something with me.

"I hope you don't mind-"

Mrs Ramirez laughs. "Dear, I don't know why you ask like I'll say no. Go on now. I'll lock up."

"Thank you." I grab my small coat from the hook by the door and walk into the dark streets of Rosewood.

I dismiss the negative thoughts knowing Mrs Ramirez's husband always picks her up and that I shouldn't be worried.

I shivered as I felt a cold breeze brush my face and wished I hadn't worn a skirt.

"You have twenty-four hours. Understand? Or do you need me to explain that to you again?" A deep voice speaks.

I pause in my spot and walk a good distance away from the alleyway near my parked car.

My heart pounds, curious but also frightened. I hold my breath listening for when they leave.

"P-please. I'll pay the money!" Another voice pleads.

My hands shake. It sounds almost like a murder scene in one of those movies and usually, the one witnessing it also dies.

My body jerks as I hear the loud sound of what sounds like a gun. My eyes widen as I peak and watch the man click his fingers at those watching to clear the body.

I press my full lips together and slowly walk towards my car and reach into my pockets for my keys.

I didn't see anything. I didn't see anything. I didn't see anything.

As I'm about to unlock my car, I'm shoved against a wall by the man who was holding the gun. I gulp and look down at my shoes.

I open my mouth and he shakes his head. "Don't say anything. Do not scream. Do not move." He says in his thick accent.

I nod slowly as he nods over at the other men wearing masks. They all disappear further into the alleyway and he turns back over to me.

I look up and stare into his deep blue eyes the shade of the sky on a sunny day. His jaw was sharp and tense. God was teasing me making my supposed kidnapper handsome.

"Pretty girls like you shouldn't be out this late." He says through his plump lips.

I scoff and he raises a brow. "Leave me alone. I didn't see anything."

He shakes his head. "Now I know you saw something."

"I won't tell anyone. I need to get home."

The man lifts my head by my chin and sighs. He takes a step back and clenches his jaw. "Run along. I don't usually let people go."

I roll my eyes. "Lucky me."

A slight smirk plays on his lips and he makes a small humming sound before turning and walking in the opposite direction.

I let out the deep breath that I had been holding in since he backed me against the wall and I picked up my keys that had fallen onto the floor.

9:01 pm.

I curse at myself mentally. I'm late.

✧✧✧

"You're late, child." My uncle complains.

"Well, I'm sorry that I kept you waiting for so long. 'Cause God forbid I have my own life-"

"Enough, Lina. I have some news. Take a seat." He instructs me.

I nod and do as he says. Like last time, he smirks and stares at his computer screen.

"Well?"

"As you know, you're now a grown adult and you need to start thinking more about the future." He pauses and takes a breath. "I've made a really important deal that will help me get to where I need in my company to take care of Vera."

I nod. "That's good for you." I make a move to stand my uncle shakes his head.

"I'm not done, Lina. I've made a deal with the head of the company in exchange for your marriage to his son. And I accepted the offer."

My eyes widen as he finishes his sentence. "You're joking." When he doesn't respond my glare grows. "You're marrying me off? For your company?"

"Lina, please. You know I only want what's best for you. They'll take good care of you. They have the wealth and resources-"

"I've made my own million-dollar jewellery shop that's going so well. There are millions in my account- we live in a mansion. Are you that greedy that you need more?"

"Angelina do not start with me." My uncle yells.

"No. Your daughter is twenty-three. And I'm only a year older than her. Yet, you're marrying me off and not your own daughter!?" I huff. "I'm not yours to sell off to."

"You were under my care the day your parents died. And that still hasn't changed-"

"I'm an adult, uncle. Being under your care went out the window when I turned eighteen and started making my own damn money." I fold my arms over my chest.

"I have a boyfriend and we have plans already and I will not marry anyone under your say-"

My uncle stands. "My decision is final, Angelina."

I feel the tears stream down my face as he holds the door open for me. "They'll be here for dinner tomorrow so don't pull this shit or shit will go down. Understand?"

I don't bother nodding and I shove past him and head straight for my bedroom where my dog sits wagging its tail in the air.

I sit on the floor next to him and hug my knees tight, allowing the tears to flow down my cheeks.

What am I going to tell my boyfriend?

Hey, I have to marry another man so my uncle can show off to his friends and flex his money.

I groan as my dog cuddles next to me. She tilts her head to the side and watches me carefully like she has never seen my tears before.

I pull Lulu onto my lap and wrap my hands around her. I give her a soft smile. "We'll be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 751 34
**π–π€π‘ππˆππ†**( complete) This story will have sensitive topics that meant be triggering to some readers. So please be advised. π•π’πœπ­π—Όπ«π’πš ...
2.9M 66.1K 37
Dove Genovese, daughter of the second in command of the Italian mafia boss, has one sole purpose in life. That's to never dishonor her mafioso father...
301K 11.3K 74
(First Book in The5Inferno Series) Angelina Hughes A tormented girl whose dark past leaves no stone unturned to make her present life a living hell...
268K 8.7K 46
"Laurent, it will do you well to understand that Salina is not yours anymore. She is mine. These insults you throw her way, they affect me. These," h...