A Study On Destiny

By Marvel_POVs3456

You have all heard of the tales of lucky candidates of gavaldon being stolen from their homes to be taken to... More

1: Nervous?
2: Bloody birds
3: A Final Goodbye... For Now
4: Something is very wrong here
5: Errrm what?
6: Shits going downnnnnn
8: Lesso's classroom
9: Lesso's Classroom Pt 2
10: The Clearing
11: Something (Not So) Ugly Happens
12: Not So Ever-Like
13: Just More Trouble...
14: The Best Type Of Evil
15: Just A Light Snack
16: History
17: A Delightful Dinner
18: Spooky Scary School At Night
19: Clues!
20: Tension Is Rising
21: Only The Best And The Bravest
22: Whats Your Talent, My Dear?
23: Magic Of Great Power
24: Alphabetical Maddness
25: Are You Mental?!
26: Powers I Will Never Match
27: Down The Rabbit Hole
28: And.. Why The Gloves??
29: The Lunch Before
30: The Ceremony
31: How Do You Defeat Such A Powerful Being?

7: A rude awakening

177 11 0
By Marvel_POVs3456

The sun didn't burst through the mouldy windows of the room. Instead it shone but only as a sort of dimmed beam of light, rather then the strong beam of light Ana was used to. It didn't light up the room but the still burning candles did as the foggy windows failed massively. It wouldn't have mattered because on that particular day the sun was dimmed by the clouds and the rain outside. It poured heavily as Ana opened her eyes to the unfamiliar sight of the dorm room. She hadn't actually had time to take it in. The walls were a grey cobblestone that was uneven and cracked. Moss grew in between a few cracks where as other cracks in the walls just led to other rooms pr the hallway. There was a dark wooden flooring that covered the room. There were dents and cracks in that too. It was clear the place didn't have much funding towards the Evil school.

The curtains draped sadly over the windows. Their red colour had faded over the years as rips, burn marks and more mould covered the poor thing. There were no rugs or insulation for that matter, making the rooms impossibly cold in the winter. They might as well just be outside. Each student had their own desk as they were the other side of the room. The desks were equipped with a mirror, three draws on the right side and wooden compartments before the mirror. Which possibly could be for makeup or pens and pencils.

Ana laid uncomfortable in her new bed and practically was falling off the bed as there was no room to fit comfortably. Ana was about to doze off for a couple minutes more sleep but Lady Lesso's voice screamed from somewhere above "Wake up despicables!"

Ana suddenly jerked up hitting her funny bone on the fallen beams. For fucks sake she thought as she looked at the other girls in the room. Chris, or well Christina, shot up right as her bandanna covered only one eye. Her hair was matted and messy. You see Ana would usually laugh but the traumatic events of last night made her rethink that. Hazel simply woke up looking like a hot princess. Ana was actually jealous. She was perfect, no matter how she felt her hair seemed to be still silky smooth and her skin, perfect.

Why? Actually why? Ana thought to herself as she looked for Raven. Although the girl seemed to be shy she had actually taken up sleeping upside down from the ceiling. Totally not a way to attract attention. This was because her dragon, Adam, preferred it up there so Raven simple adapted. How strange... Ana thought to herself as she wondered if that was comfy hanging from the wooden frames of the school.

Ana sat up right, still rubbing her funny bone better. It wasn't long before she pushed herself up and walked towards the mirror to look at herself. As she did she examined her teeth, hair and finally her skin. Yet she discovered a horrific sight, a travesty! She had a big red spot on the top of her forehead just to the right of the centre.

"No!" She whined as she picked at it "Not on my first day!"

Suddenly, there was a loud bang at the door. Chris opened it tiredly, rubbing her eyes and as she opened them she was met with two of the wild guards carrying our stuff in large suitcases. They did nothing but growl as they walked into our room and, literally, dumped out bags in the middle of the floor. Then left.

"Charming," Chris said sarcastically as she slammed the door. She dug out her suitcase from the pile and tugged it towards her side of the room. Hazel grabbed all 5 of her bags and didn't even break sweat doing so. Raven was still asleep upside down so her purple leather suitcase stayed placed in the middle of the room. Ana's stuff was there too yet all the gowns she had brought for the balls and events would be useless. All but a few pieces of clothing would be useful to the girl. Ana dragged her two suitcases across the room to her bed.

"Raven!" Hazel raised her voice which frightened the girl on the ceiling. So much so she fell down to the floor and landed on her back. "Hurry up or we'll be late for breakfast,"

"I didn't know you ate real things now Hazel. Still eating children's souls nowadays?" Chris mentioned like it was casual conversation as Ana's eyes widened

"Not as much anymore," Hazel shrugged "a few here and there but I don't want to be like my mother and be totally obsessed with my youth. We all know how that ended," she laughed and continued unpacking her suit cases.

Ana decided this was not a conversation she wanted to be a part of. So she grabbed her makeup bag from her suitcase and moved to the bathroom to freshen up. A touch of blush, mascara and a tinted lip balm will do she thought as she applied the listed makeup. She brushed through her golden hair and she threw it up in a ponytail. She applied a slight amount of hairspray to hold it in place. She looked at herself in the small compact mirror as she given up with the bloody mirrors in this castle. She declared she looked much better before she closed the compact. She straightened her uniform, we are not going to mention she slept in it. Let's just say lots of body spray was necessary. She walked out of the bathroom and put her makeup bag back in her suitcase.

"When's breakfast?" Ana asked

"Well..." Hazel started looking at her watch "about now really,"

"Let's all go together," Raven said in a whispered tone "well... Chris already left,"

"Oh god whatever," Hazel said heading out the door as we all took the trek back down the hallways and down the spiral stairwells, only to go back down more hallways. Then they finally appeared in the lunch, cafeteria thing. As it was raining, it was torrential! So instead of being outside in the usual spot the breakfast was held in the supper hall.

One side of the hall was filled with Evers and the other was filled with Nevers. Then at the back of the hall was the teachers table which looked just as dead. Ana looked at the Evils meal table and saw the endless cauldrons of gruel and the jars of the most horrific things. It was anything from pickled pigs feet to pickled sheep ears and chicken necks. It made Ana's skin crawl as a spoonful of gruel was splashed onto her tray. It sprayed itself onto her uniform behind the tray.

"Picked meat?" The lady asked with a dead tone to her voice

"None thank you," Ana replied

"Pick. One,"

"That one," Ana said just pointing and not thinking. The pickled chickens neck landed neck to her gruel. "Great. Thanks," she tried to smile but was pushed out of line. She walked over to Hazel and Chris' table and sat down.

"What makes you think you can sit with us?" Chris asked in a defensive tone

"Oh leave her honey, let her sit," Hazel smiled at Chris as her eyes turned an off shade of pinky purple.

"Fine," Chris said turning red and adjusting how she sat. Hazel simply smiled as Ana got comfortable. Ana looked at her most unappetising meal. The pickle juices from the chickens neck started to mix with the gruel and it started the curdle. Ana pushed her tray away in disgust.

"So what do you have first?" Hazel asked as Raven sat beside Ana. "I have Speacial Talents..." Hazel's face changed quickly as she read her schedule.

Ana pulled her a crumpled sheet of paper out of her pocket and straightened it out so it was readable. "Curses and death traps... Lady Lesso,"

"OHHHHH!" Chris laughed "you are done for in that one princess,"

"What? what's wrong with that?" Ana asked

"You will get eaten alive! Apparently Lady Lesso is the harshest of all the teachers and last year that girl from gavaldon, Sophie. Almost impressed her enough, something about the head masters but apparently she failed. Some say that Sophie girl could've been the most powerful witch in history. If she'd taken the opportunity," Hazel gossiped as she leaned into the middle of the table and sharing with the group.

"Oh shit," Ana said looking to the teachers table searching for her teacher.

"Don't look! That just makes it obvious we are talking about someone," Hazel interjected before Lady Lesso spotted them, thankfully. "Anyway, Chris who have you got?"

Ana wasn't listening anymore as she thought about the girl from gavaldon failing to impress the dean. She wondered what she'd done wrong. She made the scenarios play out in her head. Some bad, some good. She went from picturing an innocent girl chickening out to a powerful witch who killed anyone in her path. Maybe the girl wasn't successful... that's all. The endless possibilities played out in her head as she was lost in thought. Something made her more curious about this girl but she didn't get much time to think before Jay stole a chair from another table and sat himself next to Ana.

"Lesso first?" He asked

"How did you-," she started before she stopped "friends?"

"Yeh they told me," he laughed "don't worry too much I hear she's fair yet harsh,"

"Oh I've met her and yes I would agree," Ana said and didn't even bat an eye but all the students around her were left gobsmacked.

"You met her?!" Chris asked her shouting "What's she like?"

"Yes I did. She came with Professor Dovey when they explained the schools to make me more comfortable," Ana explained "She was lovely, listened to me about my interests in dark magic but it was odd she turned up too,"

"You think they already knew?" Raven asked in a hushed tone as she shoved another spoonful of gruel down her throat.

"Knew what?" Ana asked turning to her.

"Knew you were going to this school. Surely if they didn't Professor Dovey would have just arrived," Raven made a good point. Surely Lady Lesso wouldn't have turned up if I was set to be in the School For Good. Maybe they all knew and were hiding it and Lady Lesso wanted to find out what I was like before I attended. It made sense. They knew. They knew I was going to the School For Evil since... since they'd started.

"That does make a lot of sense. So they knew..." Ana said turning around to view the teachers table once again. She couldn't decide what she felt more, hurt or anger. She finally spotted the two deans sat in the middle of the table together. They didn't look up or acknowledge the girl staring at them with flaming fury in her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.4K 55
While there story may begin as they train in the school for good, things take a turn when the two discover the storian writing their tale and as cons...
8K 318 30
you live in a little town called Gavaldon with your horrible parents. you are best friends with Agatha and Sophie two girls who are the complete oppo...
15.1K 471 50
you get dropped in a school for evil as your father Dracula applied for you to go there none of your powers have activated yet which means no fangs s...
62.6K 2.9K 27
Actually, Alice's stay at the new school was supposed to be normal. But what can you call normal when you find yourself at the school for good and ev...