the idol and the student | ji...

By kikolumious

in which jeonghan is an idol in seventeen and joshua is a student. highest rankings ! #7 - jihan (04092023) c... More

one .
two .
three .
four .
filler chap 1 !
filler chap 2 !
five .
six .
seven .
eight .
ten .
eleven .
twelve .
filler chap. 3!
thirteen .
fourteen .
authors note

nine .

204 6 6
By kikolumious

no one's pov, gose filming site (idk why i used the children one uhm...)

tensions were still high in the air, since the boys decided that that morning was the "best" time for seungcheol, soonyoung, jihoon and chan to announce their breakup, as well as soonyoung and seokmin's relationship. as much as it did hurt jihoon to keep his and seungcheol's life private, it was for his own good.

their "GOING SEVENTEEN", or gose, episode today was taking care of children, much like the show "return of superman". the pairs were easy, by relationships. and since seokmin wasn't present due to his injury (yet joshua wondered how he managed to go to the bar without a limp), soonyoung would pair with chan instead.

"SAY THE NAME, SEVENTEEN! hello, we are seventeen!" they greeted. seungkwan, being the excellent MC he was, announced the activity to everyone, and they all split up into their respective rooms to meet the children.

jeonghan and joshua calmly walked into the said room, and they saw someone come in with a pair of twins, ayun and arin (yes. this was from jun and joshua's episode), who were pretty silent, compared to the one soonyoung was getting. they got a quick brief on the kids by their father, and then jeonghan took ayun into his arms while joshua simply sat on the couch with arin, reading.

"the end." joshua narrated and high-fived arin.

jeonghan was running around the play area with ayun, as joshua sat on the couch, arin climbing onto his lap and hugging him, so that he wouldn't leave her (not like he could, for now), and so that she could take a short nap. they could tell the younger of the twins were tired. jeonghan caressed arin's hair when ayun needed to use the washroom, so both of them were alone with one of the twins. jeonghan simply cooed when arin snuggled more into joshua's lap, leaning onto the younger of the couple's stomach. soon, ayun was back, and arin was still sleeping, so joshua just let her sleep there, shifting her here and there to make sure she wasn't uncomfortable. true mother material, in jeonghan's eyes.

"arin's sleeping?" ayun asked jeonghan.

"yeah, let her sleep, okay, ayun? let's go play. let shua take care of her, don't disturb her, okay?" jeonghan smiled, as ayun nodded, playing simple games and colouring with jeonghan.

soon, arin stirred awake and immediately snuggled back onto joshua's lap, this time, she was wide awake. ayun wanted her to play with her, but joshua could tell arin wasn't in the mood, so jeonghan told her that arin was still sleeping, so it was a little impossible right now. jeonghan kissed the top of joshua's forehead when ayun wondered off to get a drink with her dad, so both of them were with a half awake, half asleep, arin.

"arin-ah, do you wanna go wash your face?" joshua asked, seeing a nod from arin. he walked off, carrying arin to the washroom, grabbing a small cloth, wetting and wringing it dry after placing arin cautiously on the tabletop, wiping her face carefully with the cloth, then a slightly drier one. they walked back, seeing jeonghan on the floor, ayun still colouring peacefully.

"how about we go out for some ice cream?" jeonghan suddenly suggested, as arin made grabby hands at jeonghan for him to pick her up. ayun was holding joshua's hand, as he knelt down to listen to her talk to him. "okay, let's go!"

the couple walked into the convenience store and joshua lifted ayun up for a while, to let her get a good view of the ice-creams. he did the same with arin, and both of them chose the same thing, chocolate. joshua took two, going to the cashier.

"i'll pay, shua." jeonghan smiled and pulled out his card.

"we can go back and play, okay?" joshua smiled, as both of them held one of ayun's hands, but saw her detach one hand from joshua's and rubbing her eye. he bent down to ask her a question, since he was a little worried. "oh? ayun, what happened?"

"we only see you for a while more... i don't want you to go..." ayun muttered, as joshua cooed at her cuteness and pulled her into a hug.

"it's okay, ayun! we'll make the last while count!" joshua smiled, as he saw jeonghan take his phone out to take a photo of them hugging, joshua wiping ayun's tears after.

joshua decided to swap with jeonghan, so that he was carrying arin while jeonghan was holding ayun's hand. they got back to the building, seeing all the members and the kids in the main room, all of them communicating while the adults - some in a hangover - drank their caffeine intake for the second time that day. the table had two drinks untouched, one for joshua and the other for jeonghan.

"go ahead and interact with them, ayun, arin." joshua smiled, caressing their hair and moving to sit with the adults, joshua leaning his head onto jeonghan's shoulder the second they hit the couch.

"tired?" jeonghan asked and joshua nodded.

"you're not the one that sat on a couch, no phone, while a kid slept on your lap. i would've slept with arin, to be clear." joshua sighed and took the un-caffeinated tea minghao had kindly ordered for him.

"so, let's do a quick summary of the things we learnt, then we will officially say goodbye to the children." seungkwan announced. the kids stayed there and played, while the adults shared their experiences.

"ayun, arin!" jeonghan called out, so did the others to the kids they took care of.

"pose, okay? 3, 2, 1!" seungcheol announced again.

they took a cute photo with the children, and the rest of them looked worn out from the event that happened that day. they didn't really monitor the video for gose, since it was purely them being chaotic, so they decided to go back to the hotel, so the adults could rest.

"they're so cute." seungcheol said in the car, holding joshua's drink, since the younger looked like he would pass out any second.

"i can't wait for the child of the group, though. i'm sure they'll be much cuter." minghao chuckled. laughter only resounded in the car, as jeonghan felt a weight on his shoulder again. joshua sleeping.

"well... let the mom of the child sleep." jun smiled and they had a quiet car ride.

they reached the hotel, joshua still fast asleep. jeonghan decided the best course of action was to let joshua sleep, so jeonghan would carry the younger bridal style to their room. jeonghan had the key, and he would hand joshua over to minghao if jeonghan felt the after-effects of his hangover kick in worse than that morning. when jeonghan picked joshua up, the younger stirred awake a little, but fell back asleep after jeonghan talked to him.

"baby, it's just me, jeonghan." jeonghan told joshua and they started to walk to the lobby, seungcheol using the master key.

when they reached the room, jeonghan thanked seungcheol for opening the door and walked into the room, joshua still in his arms, and placing the younger on the bed, to let him sleep. jeonghan walked off to go and watch tv in the small living room of the suite they had, lowering the volume of the tv and watching. joshua woke up after a while, walking sleepily into the living room and finding jeonghan.

"hi baby. hm? darling?" jeonghan asked, seeing joshua take a big whiff of his surroundings.

"i was looking for you..." joshua said, mumbling into jeonghan's shoulder after the older carried him.

"you've been getting a little heavier, is it because there's too much good food in paris, or is it because of our baby?" jeonghan asked.

"it's probably because of both, but at least i get to spend this with you." joshua smiled, jeonghan pulling him into a kiss.

"hold on..." jeonghan broke the kiss after a while, grabbing his phone at the phone call from his mother.

eomma

jeonghan: hello?

eomma: yoon jeonghan. we have a lot to talk about. you got someone pregnant?

jeonghan: w-what? h-how do you know?

eomma: his father informed me. jeonghan you know how big of a deal this is! you're a k-pop idol, he's a k-pop idol, he's an ex-influencer. i am his father's business partner!

jeonghan: so if you're that mad, what's the reason for this call? can't you talk to dad about it?

eomma: no. is he with you? put him on the phone.

joshua: hello?

eomma: this is the guy that jeonghan got pregnant, right? call me if there's anything wrong. i'll make him give me your number. it's alright, i'll accompany you to anything if needed, when i return from the states.

joshua: o-oh! thank you.

eomma: no worries, pass my dickhead son back the phone now, please.

jeonghan: so?

eomma: i'll kick your ass if anything happens to him, yoon jeonghan. we - as in me and your boyfriend's father - discussed and concluded that the best course of action, for now, was both of you getting married. we were planning on discussing this with you both when you returned, but i figured that letting you know as soon as possible was good. jeonghan, we want you to get married to him before he goes to his second trimester.

jeonghan: don't you think that's a little too soon?

eomma: no. it's for your kid.

jeonghan: but we've been dating only for a few months, ma! it was like a month or so before his grad!

eomma: too bad, jeonghan. you caused this. anyway, i'll see you when you're back in seoul.

call ended by eomma

"fuck." jeonghan blurted out.

"why? what happened?" joshua asked.

"my mom and your dad want us to get married. they discussed and concluded it's the 'best course of action' for our baby." jeonghan sighed.

"hey, hannie... i'm sure it'll be okay. i'll be more than happy to marry you." joshua smiled.

"they want it before your second trimester..." jeonghan added.

"then let it be before my second trimester." joshua replied. "if it will leave them off your tail, and mine, then let's listen. i'm already more than prepared to spend my whole life with you."

"but we've only been dating for like... i don't know a few months..." jeonghan sighed again.

"hey, you've spent almost every second of our relationship with me. right by my side. yoon jeonghan... i'm really... really ready to marry you."

jeonghan only smiled, making a mental note to go out ring shopping with seungcheol and jun later that day, since he didn't want them suddenly to appear at a church - or courthouse -  and suddenly getting married, without a proposal ring on joshua's finger.

"i love you. so much, joshua." jeonghan smiled.

"i love you too, jeonghan." joshua smiled, receiving a peck on the head from jeonghan.

next day, paris concert

(a/n: i betcha didn't see that coming)

the first concert of joshua's little career as an idol, with his best friends and boyfriend. first actual concert where he'd be dancing. where he'd be singing. not an mc that's sitting at a chair, spinning around while waiting for them to finish their song. he'd be able to dance with the love of his life, and all his friends. they did get clearance from their doctor for joshua to dance, so he was able to participate in their dancing.

the second they were on the stage, clap (or baksu) started playing, and joshua, being the "rare gem he is" (as described by seokmin), could go for the platform. they split their parts with joshua, and were planning to re-record all their songs with him when they were back in korea.

"SAY THE NAME! hello we are SEVENTEEN!" they shouted.

"today, we would like to introduce our newest member, joshua! you might recognise him from our FOLLOW TOUR in seoul, he was our mc!" seungcheol announced. "you should introduce yourself, joshua."

"hi! i'm joshua, and if you didn't know already i was an ex-influencer, under PLEDIS as well. uh... like vernon, i'm from america, from LA. and if you didn't come or didn't hear, i'm dating jeonghan." joshua introduced, and heard cheers from the carats.

"shall we move on to the next song, carats?" mingyu asked, as those with the handheld mics pointed to the carats who were shouting 'yes'.

their next song was kidult, a song which kinda gave the members tears to their eyes, especially seungcheol, who went on a hiatus earlier due to his anxiety and wrote it when he was at his lowest. jeonghan gave joshua a peck on the lips when it was their 'ending fairy', which made all the carats and members coo in excitement.

"hey, hyung, you're gonna propose today?" jun whispered after covering his mic.

"yeah... i know it's fast but hey. he's pregnant." jeonghan whispered back.

"rock with you, right?" jun whispered again.

"yes." jeonghan nodded.

next and what jeonghan was super nervous for, rock with you. he'd propose to joshua after their part. they had already planned with their back up dancers (yes, over the course of a few hours in jun and minghao's hotel room when minghao went to band out with joshua. obviously they agreed even though they weren't getting paid any more than they already were.) about the proposal. oh yeah, and before that, they discussed today was the day they'd announce they were expecting.

jeonghan's pov

"i wanna-" i sang before seokmin sang his part, all of them walking off stage during that small time, leaving a confused joshua and me. "hong jisoo, you know... i never expected to actually date you, especially how fast it went. even before your graduation, you were dating me. i don't know, you've been such an amazing blessing. and... soo-ya, i'm so happy that we're about to have a small family of our own. i'm really, really, really happy for you to actually allow me to date you. i know, we've only known each other for so long. but so far, i know, and i've heard, that you're already ready to spend your whole life with me. yesterday, when my mother called about the pregnancy thing. yeah, even though you're pregnant, as my boyfriend, and it's so cheesy for you to be hearing this, but i want you to know, i love you, with my whole heart, and i want to actually start something else in our life.

hong jisoo joshua, will you marry me?" i went on one knee and i could see him tear up. the faint sounds of the BGM of rock with you over carats yelling 'say yes' could be heard. "baby... how long do you plan on keeping me on my knee? it's tiring, you know?"

"jeonghan... oh my god... yes, yes i will." he cried out, as i stood up and placed the ring on his ring finger.

"i love you..." i smiled before i kissed him, wrapping my arms around his waist while he wrapped his around my neck. the other members joined us quickly after we separated, minghao rushing up and hugging joshua tightly.

"congrats, hyung! i've really never been prouder." minghao smiled, taking a piece of tissue and wiping joshua's tears.

"hey, hey, hey, does anyone recognise that song? it's AJU NICE!" hoshi yelled and the said song started playing.

minghao put an arm around joshua, taking the tissue that he was shakily holding and wiping the rest of joshua's tears with the tissue. they were just on the stage, having fun and comforting joshua, who was still a little overwhelmed.

"EVERYBODY JUMP!" seungkwan shouted into his mic. the aju nice police, as everyone called him.

i walked to joshua, who stopped crying already, and hugged him, reaching into his pocket for his heat pack while i was at it. he always allowed me to take his heat packs, so it wasn't really a problem for me to take it from him. i was just concerned, since he was really out of it.

"you okay?" i asked joshua, seeing a nod from him.

we finished the rest of the concert with a new ring on joshua's finger, and maybe some confetti in each other's hair. actually, from our concert venue, you could see the eiffel tower. seungcheol did hug me after he joined us back on stage. i guess... having a fiance would officially be different compared to just being boyfriends. probably i'd have to sit down and discuss the wedding plans properly with our parents and joshua. we walked backstage after saying thank you, and saw the backup dancers, one of them holding a bouquet of flowers. 

"for you, joshua!" one of them said, and gave joshua the flowers.

"aw... thanks guys." joshua smiled.

"okay, i didn't get to see that ring on stage, so... can i see it?" minghao asked, as joshua let minghao take the hand with the ring. "it's so pretty..."

(the ring)

"hannie!" joshua called out when minghao left for the bathroom. "thank you." 

"you're welcome." i smiled, as he came up to give me a hug again. 

"selfie?" wonwoo asked and we all nodded, huddling together to take a selfie. the poses were pretty decent, me kissing joshua's cheek, mingyu's arms around wonwoo's waist and his chin on wonwoo's shoulder, woozi and his wooahae, hoshi's horanghae as seokmin had his arm around hoshi's shoulder, seungkwan making a heart with vernon, chan and seungcheol both making peace signs, jun making a peace sign as well while minghao's arm slung around jun and woozi. (there's no actual photo i made it up) 

joshua took a selfie with wonwoo, seungkwan and jun, to post on weverse, since he told me. i sat with minghao on the couch, waiting for the gang, my head on minghao's shoulder. minghao was texting his mother in chinese, while i just scrolled through instagram. 

(this is what i think weverse is like for uhm... wattpad because i don't have weverse and i can't tell you shit and idk if theres a fake weverse generator out there so <3)

ARTIST: JOSHUA
> these people and their fun antics... thanks for being there today tomorrow and always.

comment from ARTIST: JUN
> hyung we love you <3 congrats <333
reply from ARTIST: JOSHUA
> <3

comment from ARTIST: JEONGHAN
> i love you baby <3
reply from ARTIST: JOSHUA
> i love you too hannie <3

comment from ARTIST: THE8
> 💗
reply from ARTIST: JOSHUA
> 🤍

comment from FAN: @seventeen_ilysm
> AKKAKAKA CONGRATS JOSHUA AND JEONGHAN!!

we needed to go pack, anyway. our flight was going to leave the next morning, and i think they were pumped, since seungcheol, joshua and i had decided to plan a "seventeen meeting" at one of our favourite restaurants to congratulate our success on the tour, and joshua and my engagement, as well as to plan for our wedding and to drink. 

gosh... i love these 11 people (mostly joshua). they really completed the puzzle i needed in my life (also mostly joshua).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 757 22
Title says it all...
2.8K 131 7
EDITING 𝘺.𝘫𝘩 𝘹 𝘩.𝘫𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘫𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘰 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤. 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗗: 2019.11.23 𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗗: 2019.12.24 *EDITING START: 2020.0...
4.5K 30 14
Just seventeen imagines for you carats💎 Enjoy ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)
219K 4.4K 67
*ONGOING* Just some Seventeen imagines filled with fluff, angst, sweet moments and more. Read to find out. Hope you enjoy! Highest Ranking: #1 at...