The Kind Darkness

By Yukihara_813

(Date A Live x Ultraman) "Light require Darkness to shine.. Darkness require Light to exist.. That's why as D... More

OC Bio
Chapter 1: Awakening Time
Chapter 2: Giant
Chapter 3: Dark Roc
Chapter 4: A New Threat
Chapter 5: The Lone Girl
Chapter 6: The Annihilation Blade
Chapter 7: A Great Responsibility
Chapter 8: Peace with the Past
Chapter 9: Juggling Time
Chapter 11: Ratatoskr
Chapter 12: Emptiness
Chapter 13: A New Start
Chapter 14: The Twin Hurricane
Chapter 15: Sibling Love
Chapter 16: Tag Team
Chapter 17: Tragedy of an Idol
Chapter 18: Reconnect
Chapter 19: The Festival
Chapter 20: Upcoming Nightmare
Chapter 21: Triple Event
Chapter 22: The Devil Return
Chapter 23: Lost
Chapter 24: Aftermath
Chapter 25: Dark Origin
Chapter 26: Hope
Chapter 27: The Jester, The Ruler and The Judge
Chapter 28: Maō-Jū
Chapter 29: Inheritance of Darkness
Chapter 30: Regret and Resolve
Chapter 31: Unknown Hand
Chapter 32: Witch's New Reality
Chapter 33: Their Bonds
Chapter 34: His Legacy
Chapter 35: Sphere Stampede
Chapter 36: Calamity
Chapter 37: War (Part 1)
Chapter 38: War (Part 2)
Chapter 39: The 8th

Chapter 10: The Unsung Hero

689 25 44
By Yukihara_813

The battle between human and Spirit raged on in the air. Origami gave all her might to defeat Kotori, disregarding any collateral damages. She managed to entrap Kotori in a barrier and shot a powerful and concentrated beams from her weapon. However, as the beams are about to hit their target, Roc appeared in front of the barrier and deployed his own to block the attack.

"Ultraman." Origami said venomously. "DIE!"

Roc immediately deployed the Dark Field before Origami could even attack again. As the dome slowly covering them, Shido sprinted inside to join them.

Origami launched a volley of missiles at Kotori and Roc, but the giant shot them all with Dark-Radiance Schtrom. Using the smoke explosion, Roc flew toward Origami. She's startled to see Roc flying toward her and immediately deployed a barrier around her

Roc reeled his fist back and punched through the barrier, much to Origami's shock. He kept fist forward and broke through the suit on her back. He pulled out his arm along with the cables inside, resulting the suit emitting sparks and smokes.

Roc pulled Origami off from the suit and jumped away. They landed safely on the ground and watched the suit crashing down to the ground and exploded.

Origami gritted her teeth in displease and equipped her sidearm. She went to aim it to Roc's head and pulled the trigger.

However, the bullet bounded off, and Roc is unfazed.

Regardless, she kept shooting at him till she emptied her clip. Roc took the gun away from her and crushed in his palm.

Origami jumped away from Roc and drew out an energy blade from her hip. With a war cry, she thrusted the blade to her target. Roc sidestepped from the attack and grabbed her wrist to disarm her. He gently pushed her with a palm, and the blade fell on the ground before Roc stomped it.

Blinded by hate and rage, Origami dashed at Roc with her fist reeling back. Once their distances are close enough, Roc performed a Clap Stunner in front her. Origami startled by the move and fell on the ground.

Her rage and anger subsided, and she panted slowly for air. She looked up to Roc and somehow, she could tell that the giant is looking at her with sympathy and worries despite his empty expression.

"That's enough... Tobiichi-san."

Origami, Kotori and Shido are startled to hear Roc mentioned the girl's last name as if he knew her.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" Origami demanded.

"Just like Shido-kun's and Kotori-chan's.." Roc slowly undid his transformation, resulting the children to gaps in shock by the revelation. "I'm your teacher."

"Yukihara..."

"Sensei.."

Origami and Kotori uttered in shock. Shido then recalled the Clap Stunner that Roc previously performed. He was suspicious for a moment till Mikazuki revealed it himself.

"Please tell me, Tobiichi-san." Mikazuki kneeled down to her level. "Why are you doing this?"

She looked away while clicking her tongue. "You won't understand."

"I understand that you're angry and hate Kotori-chan." Mikazuki replied. "But, tell me the reason-"

"SHE KILLED MY PARENTS!"

Mikazuki and Kotori widened their eyes in shock by Origami's sudden outburst.

"5 years ago, she, the Spirit of Flames, killed my parents. I'll never forget that!" She continued. "I could never forget it. So it ends here. I will end it. I will end her, EVEN IF YOU'RE IN THE WAY!"

Origami tackled Mikazuki down to the ground and proceed to punch him repeatedly, venting all of her anger and hate on him. Kotori fell on the ground and couldn't move a muscle by guilt due to the story Origami spatted. Shido sprinted to Origami, aiming to stop her from hurting Mikazuki.

However, he stopped his sprint when his teacher showed his palm to him in calm manner while Origami continued beating him. Then, Mikazuki pointed his finger toward Kotori, signaling Shido to take care of her. The boy quietly nodded in response and sprinted to Kotori's aid.

"All these years, I've lived solely to get revenge for my parents! My pursuit of Efreet... of Kotori Itsuka's life is my reason for being!" Origami yelled out. "I don't care what happens, as long as I can kill Efreet with my own hands. And if you, Ultraman is in my way, I'll kill you, too!"

She gave him her last punch after draining out all of her strength and emotions. Shido remained by Kotori's side, not moving a single muscle because he trusted his teacher.

"Nuruhuhuhuehehehe.."

Origami, Shido and Kotori are startled by Mikazuki's signature laugh. The white hair girl looked down to the teacher in shock, seeing him smiling despite his injuries.

Mikazuki looked up to his student with one eye since the other one is swollen. Despite her attempt to kill him, he smiled at her beamingly.

"I do hope you can kill me.." Mikazuki said, resulting Origami to gasp. "Before graduation, that is."

Any sane person would normally fight back, scold or curse their opponent under this same circumstances. But this teacher, he didn't do any of that because he knew the girl on top of him is not a heartless killing machine. She just strayed away from the path, blinded by hatred. That's why as her teacher, it is his duty to bring her back to the righteous path.

She wanted to hit him again after he spatting those nonsense.

But she couldn't.

This teacher of hers is not giving up on her.

-Ω-

Somewhere in a distance, Artemisia who had infiltrated the Dark Field had enough watching. She brought up the Dark Z Riser and pressed the trigger to enter the Inner Space. She held her brass color Access Card that has her image and Camearra's sketch above it, and she inserted the card into its slot on the Riser.

{Artemisia! Access Granted!}

She presented 3 Kaiju medals on her palm and carefully inserted them into their slots on the blade while chanting their names.

"Golza-dono. Melba-dono. Super C.O.V-dono."

Then, she swiped the blade and let the Access Card scanned the medals one by one.

{Golza! Melba! Super C.O.V!}

"O' Darkness, heed my order!"

She raised the Z Riser to air and pressed the trigger again.

{Tri-King!}

A loud screech from a distance alerted Mikazuki and the children. They turned their attention to the source and spotted a fusion Kaiju between three different species approaching them.

合体怪獣
トライキング
TRI-KING, THE COMBINED MONSTER

Origami got off from Mikazuki, and the teacher rose up to face the approaching beast. He readied the Dark Evoltruster and positioned it on his left side.

"Everyone, get to safety-"

He was cut off when Origami suddenly fell unconscious next to him. He turned to the perpetrator and shot a death glare on Juggler.

"You!" He drew out the Impact shot and aimed it at Juggler, and the alien aimed his blade at Mikazuki's neck.

"Not so fast, Sensei." Juggler stated while aiming his free hand that coated with dark energy at Origami. "Make a wrong move and her blood splattered all over the ground."

Mikazuki gritted her teeth. "You're going to take her, too?"

"You catch on quick."

"As if I let you!"

"Oi oi, Sensei." Juggler grabbed Origami by the hair. "Shouldn't you be focused elsewhere?"

As if on cue, Tri-King roared again, averting Mikazuki's and the Itsuka's attention. And that's all Juggler needed to escape the Dark Field with Origami. The alien dragged the unconscious girl across the park and tossed her to a wall. Despite showing him a good results on White Licorice, Juggler is disappointed on Origami's actions that endangering people's life and costed the government secrecy.

"See you at court." Juggler stated before disappearing.

Back in the Dark Field, Tri-King shot out a rapid yellow energy blast from its stomach toward Mikazuki and the children. He fired his Impact Shot to the air rapidly and deployed multiple red barriers to block the attacks.

While the barriers blocking the attacks, Mikazuki picked up Kotori into his arms and sprinted away with Shido following behind. The barrier eventually broke, and one of the blew up on the ground behind the three.

The explosion created a dense smoke, and Mikazuki used it as an advantage to hide behind under a small cave from the beast. Seeing that it has lost its prey, Tri-King began to search around the subspace. Mikazuki put Kotori down on the ground, and Shido kneeled down to their levels.

"You two okay?" Mikazuki asked in concern manner.

"Sensei, you're-"

"I know the three of us have a lot of questions but getting you two to safety is top priority." Mikazuki interjected Shido. "Do you understand?"

Shido and Kotori reluctantly nodded to Mikazuki's question and decided to keep the questioning for later. Then, the three of them peeked out from the cave and watched the beast walking around the subspace.

"Listen, in order to get us all to safety, I have to defeat that Kaiju." Mikazuki instructed. "However, I can't undo the Dark Field to let you two escape because that Kaiju'll go rampaging around the city and many lives will lost in results. Plus, maintaining the field is taking a huge toll on me."

"In other words, Sensei must defeat the Kaiju right here and right now." Shido deduced.

They went back inside the cave, and Mikazuki looked back to the siblings with concern gaze.

"Now whatever you do, don't ever come out from here." He instructed.

"But Sensei, I can help you with my power-"

"I know you can't fully control it, Kotori-chan. I saw you lost control and almost kill Shido-kun." Mikazuki interjected.

Kotori gasped in response and recalled the past event when she almost disintegrate her brother.

"I know you wanted to help, but I can't afford myself to hurt you again when you lost control." Mikazuki comforted Kotori by petting her head. "Stay with your brother, okay?"

She nodded while whimpering. Then, Mikazuki turned his attention to the boy.

"Shido-kun." Mikazuki held his shoulder. "Protect your sister no matter what happen."

Shido nodded in response. "Be careful, Sensei."

Mikazuki nodded back and left the cave. Shido and Kotori peeked out from the cave and watched their teacher climbed up to a higher ground. Once he reached the top, he almost loose his balance due to the exhaustion of maintaining the field.

Mikazuki readied the Dark Evoltruster in his hand while panting for air, and he drew it out from its sheath to the air while screaming his lungs out.

"Raghhhh!"

A pillar of darkness appeared where he's standing, and Dark Roc appeared from it. Tri-King turned around to face the giant and let out a loud screech as the giant took a fighting stance with a grunt.

Mikazuki pulled out two capsules from the holder and prepared himself for Fusion Rise.

"Belial! Tregear!"

He turned the capsules' switches, and the item let out a grunt of their respective giants. He loaded them into the Loading Knuckles and brought out his Riser in front of him before pressing the trigger.

"Koreda Hajimeruda!"

He brought out the Loading Knuckles and dragged the Riser on top of the capsules' base, receiving the power of both capsules as two colors of red orange and deep blue purple shone in the Riser's cylinder.

{Fusion Rise!}

He put the Riser on his chest and pressed the trigger again, resulting the two colors in the cylinder fused together.

{Ultraman Belial. Ultraman Tregear. Dark Roc: Ultra Fallen!}

Images of Belial and Tregear appeared on both of Mikazuki's side before merging together with him.

Roc placed his left arm across his chest plate, and the gem on the arm brace flashed a light. He pulled his hand back to his side and transformed into his Power and Speed form.

Roc's body turned into Tregear's but a bit bulkier while overlapping with Belial's color skim and pattern. He's equipped with Tregear's armor minus the chest plate, exposing Belial's purple Color Timer on Roc's. His fingertips turned into Belial's claws but finger size, and his head turned to Tregear's with Belial's eyes on the mask.

Tri-King shot a powerful beam from its eyes, but Roc rolled down forward to evade it and proceed to launch himself at the beast. He slashed his opponent on the stomach with his energy claw as he went pass it. Then, he grabbed its tail and swung Tri-King around before tossing it across the field.

However, before Tri-King could even hit the ground, it opened its wings and flew up to the sky. It turned around and faced Roc, and the beast proceed to fire a simultaneous attacks from both of its eyes and belly.

Roc negated those attacks by launching energy slashes from his claws. Their attacks exploded in the middle upon contact, but Tri-King's beam attack managed to go through. Roc immediately rolled to the side to evade and launched his energy slash at its wings. The slash managed to cut its wings, and the beast crashed down to the ground.

"Not bad." Artemisia grinned before inserting 2 more Kaiju medals. "Gan-Q-dono! Reicubas-dono!"

She swiped the blade and let the Access Card scanned the new medals.

{Gan-Q! Reicubas!}

"O' Darkness, heed my order once again!"

She raised her Riser and pressed the trigger.

{Five-King!}

Dark energy appeared on both of Roc's palms. He lifted them up above him, gathering a swirling energy dark energy in front of him before 5 red circles shone in a pentagon formation. Roc moved his arms to an "L" position to his right with his palm facing forward. The circles shrunk in size and moved to his palm before a deep red and blue energy of Deathcium Ultigeyser shot out from them.

Gan-Q's eye suddenly appeared and absorbed the attack throughly before firing it back. Roc and the children are shocked to see this and unable to react, the beam hit the giant directly.

"Sensei!" The kids watched the giant crashed to the ground.

Roc growled in pain, and his Color Timer started blinking. The siblings looked back to the beast to see it already getting back up. However, both of its arms transformed into a new limbs. Its left arm turned into Gan-Q's eye, and the right one turned into Reicubas' pincer.

超合体怪獣
ファイブキング
FIVE-KING, THE SUPER COMBINED MONSTER

Roc slowly recovered himself and took a fighting stance against Five-King. The beast screeched out loud and sprinted at its prey, and the giant sprinted back. As they're about to clash, they reeled their pincer and claw and swung them in unison.

Their attacks clashed in the air, but it wont' stop them. Roc kneeled down and used his other claw to slash the Reicubas' pincer to release his former claw. Five-King aimed its Gan-Q arm at blank point range, but Roc leaned back to evade the beam attack. Roc brought down his claw across the beast's torso, and Five-King used its pincer to catch him by the neck. Roc noticed its belly glowed yellow, indicating it's going to shoot its rapid shots. Roc gathered dark energy on his feet and as Five-King is about to shoot, he kicked the belly and explosion occurred in between them. The explosion blew them away, resulting Five-King released Roc from its pincer. Despite the force from the explosion, the two maintained their balance and returned to the fight.

Five-King shot its Gol Melba Cannon, and Roc redirected the attack to the side with a barrier. He dashed at the beast while curling his claws into a fist, gathering energy into it. Then, he proceed to send a rapid punches on to its torso. Five-King charged up his pincer and aimed it at Roc however, the giant locked the arm into his own, resulting the Ice Fire combo beam to miss its shot. Five-King aimed its Gan-Q's eye on Roc, but the giant locked it into his him as well. Roc charged up its energy to his leg and used Five-King's arms to pull himself up to the air, and he kneed the beast's chin directly.

Five-King staggered back by the attack while Roc rolled back and landed safely. Not letting his opponent to recover, Roc charged up his claws and launched himself toward the beast. He thrusted his claws forward, turning them into his spear while he spun around rapidly. He drilled himself to Five-King's chest and eventually, he went through the beast and made a hole on it. Roc hit the brake and kneeled down on the ground, and Five-King let out a screech before exploding into a thick fog of dust. The siblings cheered out in excitement and relieved to see that their teacher had won the fight.

Suddenly, lights of dark red, violet and metal grey shone brightly from the fog. The lights flew around separately toward Roc, and the giant gazed them in curiosity. The lights immediately went inside his Color Timer in unison and from those lights, Mikazuki unlocked 3 Capsules of Dark Giants from the World of Neo Frontier Space universe.

Tiga Dark, Darramb and Hudra.

Roc slowly stood up while grunting in pain. He limbed his way to the siblings and kneeled down to them. He offered them his hand, and they climbed up to his palm before he lifted them up to his face.

Kotori couldn't hold her tears. Her teacher has always been there to help and guide them numerous of time, and she couldn't repay him as much as his efforts.

He is the unsung hero.

"Thank you... Sensei." She smiled softly.

A dark red light shone from her chest, startling her and Shido. The light flew out from her chest and went inside the Color Timer. From it, Mikazuki received the power of the alternate version of Darramb.

The Dark Ultra Capsule Darrgon.

As Kotori's kimono disintegrating in particle light, Shido immediately covered her with his jacket. Roc undid the Dark Field and while carrying the siblings, he flew up through the gaping hole before the field fully disintegrated.

<<Time skip, brought to you by chibi Yoshino wearing Ultrasuit X in Cyber Yoshinon armor>>

In the JSDF hospital room, Ryuji is standing next to Origami who is strapped down to a bed from head to toe. The commander expressed his displease to the girl after her rogue action. However, the girl kept her blank expression to the ceiling as if he means nothing to her.

"You will get a 3 months suspension from the court if you're lucky." He stated in a cold tone. "But to be honest, I have no need of a soldier who is emotionally unstable."

He turned around and left the room, and he greeted the guards by the door. He walked through the hallway, passing by doctors and nurses in the way. He then entered through a door to the emergency stairs and used them to climb to the roof.

Once he made it, he walked to the railing and fetch a box of cigarette and a lighter. He took one and put it between his lips before turning the lighter on fire. He brought the lighter close to the cigarette and lighted it up before inhaling it slowly. He shut the lighter down and took the cigarette between his fingers before exhaling the smoke out to the air while savoring its taste.

"Asshole."

Ryuji turned his attention to the familiar feminine voice and found Artimisia in a battered condition.

"Hoo, you're still alive." He smirked.

"I was lucky... I managed to escape before Five-King fully destroyed..." She limbed her way to his side while panting. "That Dark God didn't pull any punches."

Ryuji chuckled in amuse manner. "Isn't that great? Plus, you were able to have your first ever experience becoming a fusion between 5 different Kaijus."

"Shut it." She hissed at him. "Now what?"

Ryuji reached out a paper from from under his vest and handed to Artemisia. She looked into the content and surprised to see a job application for Ratatoskr.

"Your friends are waiting for you." Ryuji dropped the cigarette and put it off by stomping it before he walked away to the exit door. "Jā ne."

Artemisia watched the illusion demon in disguised exited the roof. She looked down to the application form in her hands before smiling softly, longing to see her friends again after she went MIA during her job guarding a captured Spirit in DEM's private island, the Neryl Island.

She then looked up to the setting sun as her smile turned grim, sensing a great upcoming danger on Earth with Tengu city in the center of it.

<To Be Continued>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 288 18
After nearly a year of adventuring, a single man adventuring with 3 beautiful women would usually end up in a harem. Except only for 2 women. Satou...
3.8K 61 23
"You may not believe what I'm about to describe. You may call me a liar. You may laugh at my ridiculous story and consider it nothing but a figment...
74 5 5
You become Rengoku's tsuguko! are you up for the supposed brutal training youve heard about? what happens when your pushed to your limit? Does he mak...
37.7K 955 10
❞Zenitsu has had many crushes in his life, a ton of them. Yet, falling for his art teacher surprised even him. To top it all off, he was forced to sp...