𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐗𝐢𝐧𝐲𝐞...

By Fire-On-Fire

ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ xɪɴyᴇ ( zѕww/wuхíα/dáñmëì) Xie yun raised as a foundling on the great library of xinye. Where evil... More

🎑 ᴏɴᴇ 🎑
🎑 ᴛᴡᴏ 🎑
🎑 ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ 🎑
🎑 ꜰᴏᴜʀ 🎑
🎑 ꜰɪᴠᴇ 🎑
🎑 ꜱɪx 🎑
🎑 ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ 🎑
🎑 ɴɪɴᴇ 🎑

🎑 ᴇɪɢʜᴛ 🎑

133 19 24
By Fire-On-Fire

How many days it's has been since he last saw the sun or breathed anything but the pungent odor of this underground dungeon. Darkness surrounding him slowly started to feel like a second skin on him. He was laying against the numbing cold floor, wide eyes aimlessly fixed on the patternless ceiling, chest still rising and falling heavily as he breathed in air as much as possible.

He shot up from the floor as he heard the faint resonant of footsteps hurriedly descending on the spiral staircase. Heart thundering against its cage as deafening pummel of leather shoes marched towards him. Xie yun anticipated li Lian jie's scowling face stepped out of the shadows instead ziyuan's anxious face came into his view.

He ran towards xie yun on his flattering steps and took xie yun's shackled hands precipitately. He was panting heavily. Dirty perspiration damping the skin of his face and neck. His hand fumbled as he attempt to unlock the shackles.

Ziyuan what are you doing here. You shouldn't be here.

Xie yun exclaimed weakly and make an attempt to push ziyuan away from him. Ziyuan's red tear brimmed eyes found his empty hooded one with undeterred determination. The last time there was only desperation in it. Xie yun didn't knew how many days passed since ziyuan last sneaked into the dungeon with fully ball. He came with plenty of food and a news that he is anticipating for long.

The sects was enraged. They gathered on golden carp tower of lanling city argue back and forth on the doomed punishment of xie yun, a traitor, a mass murderer, a demon. Some Want him to be decapitated publically while other want them to burned alive or even buried while still breathing. He took their precious Disciples after all. Tang de Xin will come for him at any moment and accompany to public questioning or perhaps he will be the one that bring xie yun death.

You needed to escape. We are going to get you out of here.

Ziyuan said to him with stubborn finality.

We??

Xie yun gasps at the sensation of the hallow of shackles slipping away from his wrist. The wound it's leave on his wrist sting once it was presented to the piercing coldness around the cluttered dungeon.

Just then fluffy ball leaped into his laps from where he is hiding behind Ziyuan's robe sleeves. It's dull aqua eyes Pierce on xie yuns face before snuggling into his scruffy clothed chest. It took everything in him to keep the tears burning his eyes from spilling as he heart squeezed painfully. Despite the fact that the whole world is roaring bloody murder at him xie yun is still loved and trusted by two beautiful souls. He is still worthy of it. He wrapped his hands around the small creature and held it close.

Xie yun..
Ziyuan's hesitant voice slowly called him. When xie yun looks back at him the youngster quickly diverted his gaze.
I know.
He swallowed heavily and lick his dry lips.
I know your familiar with the spirit of level one. Infact the whole library knows.
Ziyuan gaze find his widened one abruptly as if spills something offensive.

At Frist there was only rumours. Then some disciples came forward with accusation of the peculiar experience they had from level one pavilion at your presence. The masters alreday had the pavilion sealed but flf-

Do you resent me now.

Xie yun looks down and asks. There is no point of hiding anymore. Suddenly he is standing under a burning sun with all of his truth getting exposed under its brilliant light. He never dared to looks up and catch Ziyuan's resentful eyes on him. Fluffy ball runs his head against his chest as a soothing consolation.

No.
Ziyuan yelled as he took xie yun's hand in his.

Will you allow me to finish before jump into this kind of conclusions xie yun.
I was upset.. yes!! It's hurts me to think that you don't trust me enough. But I will never not in this life time will believe you will do such a heinous act. Xie yun look at me!!.
Ziyuan pleaded and xie yun did. Once their eyes met ziyuan smiled at him with all the kindness that left in this world. There was fresh bruises on Ziyuan's body the one that he endured just for xie yun.

Instead we.. I mean fluffy ball managed to communicate with the spirits. We couldn't get much help form them but they gave us a secret exit way on the library the one that said to be sealed but still exists and it's located somewhere on the underground base. We need to get you there before tang de Xin arrives. We don't have time to waste.

Ziyuan hurried him by tugging on his hand. Instead of following his words xie yun took his hands in it and pressed his forehead against their threaded palms.

How will I ever repay you for all of this.

He silently sobbed into their joined hands.

Remember me xie yun. Never forget about me.

Ziyuan whispers. Xie yun lips parted for more words but gone numb when he heard the series of footsteps and hushed voices rapidly approaching them.

Here.

Ziyuan took out jade bone swords and pushed it against his chest.

How did you--

I managed to steal from shifu lan qiren's resident. Even though I sleep away most of the lectures I do know the unfathomable abilities of jade bone. It's yours now. You're it's wielder. I'm sure that jade bone will lead you out of this miserable dungeon.

Ziyuan look back in alert as the footsteps grew closer.

At last tang de Xin is here..

Come with me..

Xie yun asks as fluffy ball jumps down from his hand and started to tugged on his robes.

I wish xie yun. But I can't.

Ziyuan turn away as he replied, yet xie yun catch the glimpse of tears shining in the corner of his eyes before the boy push him back as he once again disappeared in the shadows.

••••

The courtyard of his father's study was scented with the fragrance of rich scent of freshly flourished red plum blossom. Adjusting his posture xie yun bring the wooden sword perched on his grip infront of his vision, twisted it in grace as he closed his eyes shut. Trying to regulate his breath and heart rate, to find the inner control in his chi. A strange, almost foreign power surged through his vein, took control of his limps as he moved. It almost like he found the music with in his soul and he is dancing along its mysterious melody. He slowly opened his eyes and watch the floating crimson petals of red plum blossom twirling along the movement of his sword, creating an enchanting pattern around him.

It rise as his sword twisted upward, falls as his movements descent, flot languidly as he swirls around. When he lowered his sword after final technique the petals float down and embrace the ground. Helding the blade of his sword between his palm xie yun bowed and turn around to see his father sitting on his table watching him through the open frame of the window of his study.

Xie yuns smiles, yet his father's face held a mysterious expression. He cross the courtyard and then the threshold before entering his father's study. When he plop down on the seat across the table his father finally give him a small smile and pour some warm green tea for him, gently sliding it across the table.

Thank you father.

Gathering the sleeves of his robes in one hand xie yun took the cup and took one satisfying sip.

Master Dong said that you've been diligently working on improving your compact skills. I can see the progress.

His father said even as he goes back working on his paper works. Xie yun smiled proudly, he put tea down and leaned into perch his face in both of his plam and blinked innocently.

Is that a praise I'm hearing form the strict grandmaster of library of xinye. Heaven must have favoured me somehow to get praise from you great grandmaster.

He mimed a exaggerated bow. Leaned back quick when his father reached in to tweak his ears.

Brat.
His father shook his head fondly, xie yun stick his toung out to tease hiss father further.

A-dei
Xie yun called softly, playfulness slowly draining away from his words.
Do you think I'm worth of being the grandmaster or to be the wielder of jade bone.

His father looks at him fondly and reached into smooth down the fringe of hair falling down on his forehead. Xie yun closed his eyes in contentment and leaned into the lovely warmth.

I think you worth more than that. I always thought this library is so small for your soul. You deserves the world that exists out of this four walls. Your soul is always meant for greater things.

Xie yun shook his head and held into his father's arms.
But this is my home. This is where you belongs A-dei and xie yun belongs to where his father belongs.

Xie yun watch his father's eyes becoming glassy, lips trembles as he struggles to put his emotions on bay. His father retreats his hand from xie yuns and took jade bone in his hand, offered it to xie yun across the table.

Here. Touch it.

Xie yun looks at his father in disbelief and staggered back as he shook his head

I'm not worthy.. I'm not worthy..

He repeats that over and over yet his eyes fixed on the legendary sword with a hint of longing and curiosity.

It's jade bone that decides who is worthy and who is not.

Xie yuns father scolds him gently then smiles reassuringly at him.

It won't hurt you A-yun. I promise. Come on take it.

Xie yun blinked uncertainty then crawls forward and touch the hilt of the sword gentle as the touch of petals. He feels the texture of its frost craving until he gathered enough will power to grip on its hilt and take it completely in his hand. His hands trembled as a foreign spike of electricity surge through him. His father gently enveloped his hands on the sword.

Close your eyes A-yun.

His eye behold a tender affection, finger soothing xie yuns slightly cold hand. Taking a long deep breath xie yun closed his eyes.

Don't open your eyes no matter how overwhelming it become.

Xie yun nods, then the next second he is plumming down into darkness.

A lone tear slide down on his dirt smudged face as the memories slowly faded away to the back of his vision. Once again the thick darkness impending on the narrow trail hidden inside the walls of the dungeon rushed into crowd him. He limped through the tapered space, sore muscles aching as struggled to follow the eminent jade bone floting before him. Inside his robes fluffy ball is relentless, xie yun could feel it's hurried movements against his skin.

Xie yun knew, by this time everyone in this library must have relentlessly searching for him. The betrayer, the enemy of cultivation world is broke down the enchantment binding him with his dark magic and escaped from the prison. The thought stung like a sharp edge of sword against his skin. In his life, all he ever dreamed of is to make his father proud, earn his place in xinye, help the one in need. Yet here is he, the monster that everyone resents now.

A streak of light caught his attention almost immediately. At last the end is here, the end of the tunnel also the end of his life in this library. He fasten his steps and followed the dim line of white until it turn into a blinding hallow of light. However before he could step any further, the ground beneath him rumbles, xie yuns entire form shakes as he latched himself into the wall. His eyes widen as he felt the wall being shifted. He staggered back to see the wall split open before moving up, down and each side like a puzzles being moved. Jade bone flew towards him and take a stand before him, it shines in fluorescent blue light and formed a spiritual barrier around him. Xie yun draped his arm around fluffy ball as it jumped out of his robes and snuggles into his arms. He kneeled down and covered it's small body from any upcoming danger.

Almost immediately as it comes, the rumble stops and the surrounding once again fall into silent serenity. Xie yun slowly peeled his eyes open. The hot afternoon sunlight blinded his vision. The spiritual barrier surrounding him slowly diminish and he slowly stand up on the hallway of front courtyard to the library. Fear over take his sense. It almost felt like the deja vu of that night of disaster, where one blink of an eye he was swept into the dark space of underground vault, where he found as a proprietor of his father's death and number of other innocent lives. When he open his palm jade bone flew into it. Fluffy ball stick near his legs. Blue eyes wide and nose twitching as it gaze around.

Footsteps, harsh plummeting of leather against the ground only spike up his anxiousness. He couldn't find from where it's approaching him, almost like he is hearing it from inside the wall. Xie yun took a step back as he sweeps his eyes around, then another, however on the third steps he gone completely still as his back collided against a firm chest. With his heart thundering wildly against his chest xie yun swing around and press the blade of jade bone against the intruders neck. However his grip flattered when his quivering eyes find a familiar pair of dark mysterious eye.

Tang san.

Young master tang san of renowned tang sect is now looking down on him with those cold, plain eyes, devoid out of the glint of playfulness that always shine on his eyes as it directed at xie yun. When xie yun tried to reel back tang san hand come to grip on his wrist and pulled him back to him, jade bone still in his hand, now pressed deep against the skin of tang sans collarbone. Near his legs fluffy ball hiss and latched his teeth on xie yuns robes and tug him back. Tang sans eyes momentarily fall into the small creature, eyes narrowing suspiciously as he stared at little longer before it landed back on xie yuns eyes.

Xie yun looks aside and continued prey his hand of tang sans grip as the young master of tang sect gazed him deeply.

There is no gain in running xie yun. whole cultivation world is after you. You won't survive out there more than a day.

Tang san said plainly, his words free from the weight of sweet emotions. He is no longer beautiful gongzi for tang san, he is just xie yun, the culprit of great sin, who's life is what the cultivation world is after. Xie yun didn't know when his grip become tighter around the hilt of jade bone or when the sharp edge of jade bone sink into skin of tang sans neck, drawing blood. Tang san didn't flinch nor did he hiss in pain, he simply stared at xie yun.

Then what are you gonna suggest young master tang san.? To follow you to koi tower and accept my prolonged death while the real culprit, the proprietor of my father's death wander here freely.

Xie yun stared at tang san with a fire that could uproot an empire burning in his eyes. Tang san gave him a blank gaze, that remind him of a moonless night sky. Everything is one big lie, tangs sans words, his sweet laugh and sweetest promises, everything is a one big lie.

This!! This moment is what reality, those blank eyes and wordless gazes.

Xie yun knew the moment he step out of the barrier of the great library, he is own his own against the world. He have to fight through deadly battles all by himself if he need to seek the truth.

All of sudden footsteps grew closer to them, abrupt and harsh against the floor. For the first time tang sans eyes shows urgency, he grabbed xie yuns wrist and placed a gemstone bracelet In it. Xie yun winced when the accessory clasped around his skin like a second skin. Pushing tang san away xie yun tried to take of the bracelet, he tugged on it harshly, even punched his wrist on the wall, but the bracelet never budge but that didn't stop xie yun from trying again and again, until his skin split, blood ooze from the wound.

Enough.

Tang san hold his wrist from punching any further, there is a slight grimace in his prefect goldy face, almost like he is in pain.

You will only hurt yourself. This bracelet won't come off until I wanted to. It's an only way to keep you running off from me.

Xie yun growled and pounced at tang san with his sword. Tang san Dodge the attack effortlessly and warp his arm around xie yuns waist and throw him over his shoulder.

I knew you wouldn't be an easy one.

He whispered harshly when xie yun trashed against his grip and throw punches at his back. He cursed under his breath when he heard tang de Xins and lan qiren's enraged voice grew closer to them. He pressed his hand on the wall until it's rumble and open up for him with a way to exit.

Xie yuns eyes widen as he watch a new path resolve before them. The thought came to him like a harsh punch on his face. Tang san could be the culprit, it would explain how xie yun transmitted to the underground vault with a blink of his eyes. He is still yet to know the extreme of tang sans ability. The motive for such a gruesome act is still in the dark, but it could be anything. It will also explains that why instead of tang de Xin tang san is here to take him to koi tower.

I know what you were thinking. You're in the state of paranoia xie yun, don't let your mind and thoughts fool you. It will only lead you to the wrong path.

Tang sans words are firm, almost like he could easily read through xie yun thought.

Your little friend is such a menace.

Tang sans voice groaned as fluffy ball bite his legs multiple time. With a flick of his finger he trapped his fur friend inside a lavender glass bubble. For a moment fluffy ball look around in panic, then he seethed at tang san and continue to bite on the spiritual globe.

They crossed the newly formed path in a lightning speed before xie yun knew he was standing in the middle of daylight outside the barrier of great library. Tang san is standing beside him, holding into the globe that still have fluffy ball in it. Not faraway from them,there was a majestic chariot with two handsome steed harnessed on it waited.

Xie yun thought of running, then his gaze landed on the bracelet clasped on his wrist. Hatred and range inside him only grew further. He looks at tang san who once again have those blank look on his face.

Whether you like it or not xie yun. Were are bound to walk this path together.

Tang san said as he looks away from him. Just then the curtains to the chariot parted and a beautiful girl with rosy face and fair skin approach them. She wore a light rose shaded hanfu and her long black hair is braided beautifully. She approach tang san with a sweet smile on her lips the one that returned with a equally sweet on of tang san.

When she came closer xie yun finally comes to aware of his own pitiful appreance, his robes were torn and dirty, face is smudged with dirt and he probably smells like the rat from the dungeon.

Greetings gongzi. Im xiao wu.

She gave xie yun a polite smile and now and then turned back towards tang san. Wordless conversation flew between them as they gazed eachother for a short moment and then xiao wus gaze landed on fluffy ball on the globe, gaze sharp and examining. Fluffy ball shakes a little and retreated back from her gaze. Only then xie yun notice the odd.

Her eyes are red.. it's faint.. but it's red..

She couldn't be human.. the observation only makes him more relentless

You're scaring him.

Xie yun said as he reached for fluffy ball but tang san keep the globe away from him and handed it to xie wu. When xie yun once again tried to reach for the globe, almost desperately. tang san took his wrist and pulls xie yun closer to him.

Xiao wu won't cause any harm to your little friend xie yun.

Xie yun make an attempt to pull away. Tang san let go of his wrist and make him still with his hands around xie yuns wrist. Their face is lingering closer now, xie yun could feel tang sans warm breath against his chin as they gaze eachother wordlessly, one with range while other with hidden mysteries.

Who are you!?

Xie yun search for the answer in tang sans eyes, in his empty gaze. Tang san smiles at him, gentle and sweet, sweeter than the one he gave to xiao wu. He unwarp the cloak draped on his shoulder and gently put it around xie yun.

Once the journey starts. You will have answers your questions.

To Be Continued...

CHARACTER UPDATE

W

u Xuanyi
In & As
Xiao Wu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618K 37.6K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

111K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
423K 17.2K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
604K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...