Hotel del Luna

By kttyclp

When Y/N suddenly gets invited to manage a hotel for dead souls, she also gets to know the establishment's an... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1:Sunflowers
Chapter 2: Alizarine Crimson
Chapter 3:Viridian
Chapter 4:Dark Orchid
Chapter 5: Phantom
Chapter 6:Marigold
Chapter 7:Consternation
Chapter 8:Depiction
Chapter 9:Venetian Blue
Chapter 10:Bulgae
Chapter 11:Clemency
Chapter 12:Maroon
Chapter 13:Momentous
Chapter 14:Chartruese
Chapter 15:Shocking Pink
Chapter 16:Cursed
Chapter 17:Stalemate
Chapter 18:Lavender Dusk
Chapter 19:Kinsman
Chapter 20:Permanent Violet
Chapter 21:Ultramarine
Chapter 22:Verisimilitude
Chapter 23:Cordiality
Chapter 24:Cheerio
Chapter 25:Windsor Green
Chapter 26:Convene
Chapter 27:Elusive Mauve
Chapter 28:Redspite
Chapter 29:Relics
Chapter 30:Consign
Chapter 31:Marguerite
Chapter 32:Altercate
Chapter 33:Contrive
Chapter 35:Nirvana
Chapter 36:Demised
Chapter 37:Agile
Chapter 38:Abscond
Chapter 39:Pitch Black
Chapter 40:Prevalent
Chapter 41:Truant
Chapter 42:Sunflower Gold
Chapter 43:Campanula
Chapter 44:Beautiful Helianthus
Chapter 45:Predilection
Chapter 46:Reconcile
Chapter 47:Prodigal
Chapter 48:Pure White
Chapter 49:Foregoer
Chapter 50:Epilogue

Chapter 34:Blood Orange

357 39 0
By kttyclp

Expecting a lavish office, Y/N was surprised to find that the elevator doors opened onto a large, dark room instead.

Vaguely, Y/N was able to perceive a large man asleep at a low desk at the center back of the room.

"Housen." Y/N whispered, "I have your dinner."

The man stirred from his sleep, sluggishly waking up. Y/N approached the desk and set the tray on the table. Housen grunted and lifted his head with effort to look up at her.

Housen's hair was grey and long, and his skin was scratchy and wrinkled around his eyes. He was old, but undoubtedly intimidating in his physique.

Y/N made a mental note to watch out for any sudden movements.

"New girl, huh?" Housen grumbled, he smelled like booze and his eyes were clouded as he peered up at her, "I like your eyes. Sit with me."

Since this was exactly what Y/N wanted, she did not say anything as she moved to sit beside him.

"What's your name?" Housen questioned roughly.

"Kanna." replied Y/N in her most demure voice, the false name slipping out from her mouth in such a natural manner that it almost took her by surprise, "Yui is... busy. I was sent to her place."

Housen's thin eyes traveled up and down her body, "I see." he said in a low voice and Y/N almost involuntarily flinched.

Y/N gulped inaudibly, "Won't you eat?" she asked, trying to divert Housen's attention to the food platter.

Housen took hold of Y/N's shoulder, his touch sending a disgusting chill down her body, "In a bit," he rasped, the overpowering stench of alcohol filling Y/N's nose, "I think I'll have dessert first."

With all the deadly precision Y/N had learnt from her father, she flicked out a knife from her sleeve and pressed it against a vein in Housen's thick neck.

"I don't think so." Y/N said, dropping the charm from her voice.

"Interesting," Housen said, fully awakened, "The rabbit has claws."

Y/N pressed her knife deeper into his skin, "And she is not afraid to use them," she growled, "Now..where is Seita?"

Housen's throat moved, "Who?"

Y/N gritted her teeth, "Don't play dumb. The boy of the woman you murdered in cold blood, remember? Where have you hidden him?"

With a speed Y/N hadn't expected from his alcohol induced state, Housen grabbed her wrist and twisted the knife sharply from her grip.

Before Y/N could even gasp, his other hand was around her throat, "Did you think it would be that easy?" he grinned, and slammed her into the desk.

Y/N felt her head crack against the hard surface.

"I didn't think one of Hinowa's rats would be brave enough to come up here on their own, but you must be a particularly stupid breed," Housen said, leaning in close, "Very stupid indeed - especially when you consider that I have no idea where the brat is."

Y/N desperately clawed at his hand to no avail, gasping for air, "You're lying." she wheezed.

Housen laughed, the sound grating in Y/N's ears, You don't have to believe me," he responded with leisure, "But rest assured - when I do find that thing she called her son, I'll be sure to hang his body in the lobby as a parting gift."

His grip around Y/N's neck tightened, "And here's a tip - when you come to kill somebody, it's common courtesy to hide your bloodlust before entering the room."

Y/N felt her eyes bulging from lack of air, "Fuck you."

Housen's eyes were terrifying, "Give Hinowa my regards." he said.

Bang! The echo of a gunshot rang across the room.

Y/N was suddenly able to inhale freely as Housen's grip slackened. She hacked and coughed with watery eyes, but froze as a droplet of thick liquid abruptly landed on her cheek.

Above her, a trickle of blood rolled down Housen's face from a hole at the center of his forehead.

Housen slowly tipped forward and landed on top of her on the desk, dead.

Y/N's jaw dropped open as she struggled to shove the heavy body off of her, but the mass was revoltingly heavy and did not budge. Y/N didn't realise she was crying until strong arms managed to pull her out from beneath the body.

"Y/N!" a voice shouted. The arms sat her down on the ground against a wall, "Y/N, look at me!"

Y/N choked back a sob as she looked up. Jennie was kneeling before her, her blue eyes bright and wild. Her thumbs brushed over the tear tracks that stained Y/N's cheeks.

"Look at me." Jennie whispered while gently caressing Y/N's cheeks.

"Unnie..." Y/N spoke hoarsely.

Jennie pulled her into a hug, carefully holding the back of her head, "You're okay." she spoke softly.

"Y/N!"

A figure ran inside the room from the staircase entrance, the sword in her grip glinting in the dark. Despite being unable to fully see her face, Y/N recognised her in an instant.

Jennie jumped to her feet, her gun raised, "Drop the weapon."

Nayeon put up her sword, "You first."

Y/N regained herself and scrambled to Jennie's side, "Jennie, wait!"

"Stay out of it, Y/N." Jennie calmly ordered.

Nayeon looked surprised. She said to her with a puzzled frown, "You know this freak?"

Jennie clicked the safety off her gun, "Freak? I'm not the one cosplaying a samurai."

"Jennie!" Y/N yelled again, pushing down Jennie's gun, "She's a friend!"

"Don't ruin my fun, Y/N," Nayeon said without lowering her sword. Watching Jennie, she continued, "So? Who the hell are you?"

"Me?" Jennie mockingly said with a maniacal grin. She flicked her head in the direction of Housen's dead body, "Can't you guess? A murderer."

Y/N's grip on Jennie's gun loosen.

A murderer, the image of a Queen stained in blood said.

The lights to the room flickered on, momentarily blinding Y/N. Tsukuyo was standing at the switch, "Y/N! Are you-"

Tsukuyo froze, her eyes widening. For some reason, Y/N also felt that she could not move, caught in a tension that halted her breath and kept her rooted to the spot.

Nayeon's cocky expression had morphed into something terrifying, "What did you say?" she breathed.

"You heard me," Jennie answered, raising her gun once more, "Now, put down the fucking sword."

Y/N's hands trembled. Her hallucination of the Queen had looked different to Jennie - in her mind, she had long black hair and stronger features. But in that moment, the look in the Queen and Jennie's eyes was the same.

Someone who's eager to see blood spill.

Somehow, Y/N knew that Nayeon saw it too.

Nayeon shifted into a stance and raised her sword, "Finally." she muttered.

In a flash, Nayeon was across the room, her blade arced high in the air. In the same instant, Jennie grinned and aimed her gun.

Y/N jumped in between them, "Don't!" she yelled.

The barrel of Jennie's gun bounced off the back of her head just as Nayeon's sword stopped short at the skin of Y/N's neck.

"Shit!" Jennie hissed, retracting her gun, "Are you fucking insane Y/N? Who jumps in front of a goddamn gun-"

"Shut up!" Y/N snapped, "I am doing this for your own good!"

Nayeon was breathing hard. She didn't move her sword from Y/N's bruised throat. "Step aside, Y/N," she said quietly, "You don't understand."

Y/N took a deep breath, "You're right!" she retorted, not backing down, "I don't understand! But you can't kill her, Nayeon." she met Nayeon's gaze with equal conviction, "I won't let you."

Nayeon's eyes flickered in realisation, "You're her sister." she said. Her face twisted in sudden hatred, "You."

Y/N had seen Nayeon mad, but never had Nayeon looked at her with so much pure loathing.

In her shock, Y/N faltered beneath the weight of Nayeon's expression. "Nayeon..."

Without another word, Nayeon withdrew her sword and turned on her heel, disappearing from the room in an instant.

Tsukuyo held onto the doorway for support, "What the hell was that?"

Jennie clicked the safety of her gun back on, "Stay here," she told Y/N, "I'm going after her."

Y/N moved in front of her, "Don't! I told you she's a friend!"

"She has a sword and knows how to use it, Y/N. It's my goddamn job-"

"Jennie," Y/N pleaded, closing her eyes briefly before grabbing Jennie's hand, "Just.. get me out of here."

Jennie paused and swallowed the lump in her throat, "I don't like the way she looked at me," she said, "At us."

Y/N's grip on Jennie's hand tightened, "Please."

Y/N could tell she was reluctant, but eventually, Jennie nodded. Jennie put an arm around Y/N's waist to support her and they left the room, Tsukuyo following behind.

Nobody saw the dark spirit watching them from the corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 5.5K 35
The Clawford Family, away from civilization and from the society. Y/n and her parents lived a peaceful life, until an unknown dark force turns their...
126K 3.8K 38
TWICE, with the help from their management, arranged to live inside a huge mansion in order to prepare for upcoming releases. Tzuyu discovers Dahyun'...
18.7K 687 28
21-year-old Chou Tzuyu is second in charge of the company Synaptify finds herself having an affair with her boss's wife.
49.4K 1.9K 28
Once upon a time there is Y/n, L/n an kind, shy, beautiful smart girl who used to be an YouTuber and singer but she quits during her last performance...