Expectations When Expecting

By NyxNightshade0128

"Memories of the previous hour danced across her memory like a flurry of snowflakes in a snowstorm. Images of... More

Opening
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Book 1, Chapter 1
Book 1, chapter 2
Book 1, Chapter 3
Book 1, Chapter 4
Book 1, Chapter 5
Book 1, Chapter 6
Book 1, Chapter 7
Book 1, Chapter 8
Book 1, Chapter 9
Book 1, Chapter 10
Book 1, Chapter 11
Book 1, Chapter 12
Book 1, Chapter 13
Book 1, Chapter 14
Book 1, Chapter 15
Book 1, Chapter 17
Book 1, Chapter 18
Book 1, Chapter 19
Book 1, Chapter 20
Book 1, Chapter 21
Book 1, Chapter 22
Book 1, Chapter 23
Book 1, Chapter 24
Book 1, Chapter 25
Book 1, Chapter 26
Book 1, Chapter 27
Book 1, Chapter 28
Book 2, Chapter 1
Book 2, Chapter 2
Book 2, Chapter 3
Book 2, Chapter 4
Book 2, Chapter 5
Book 2, Chapter 6
Book 2, Chapter 7
Book 2, Chapter 8
Book 2, Chapter 9
Book 2, Chapter 10
Book 2, Chapter 11
Book 2, Chapter 12
Book 2, Chapter 13
Book 2, Chapter 14
Book 2, Chapter 15
Book2, Chapter 16
Book 2, Chapter 17
Book 2, Chapter 18
Book 2, Chapter 19
Book 2, Chapter 20
Book 2, Chapter 21
Book 2, Chapter 22
Book 2, Chapter 23
Book 2, Chapter 24
Book 2, Chapter 25
Book 2, Chapter 26
Book 2, Chapter 27
Book 2, Chapter 28
Book 2, Chapter 29
Book 2, Chapter 30
Book 2, Chapter 31
Book 3, Chapter 1
Book 3, Chapter 2
Book 3, Chapter 3
Book 3, Chapter 4
Book 3, Chapter 5
Book 3, Chapter 6
Book 3, Chapter 7
Book 3, Chapter 8
Book 3, Chapter 9
Book 3, Chapter 10
Book 3, Chapter 11

Book 1, Chapter 16

1K 47 11
By NyxNightshade0128

Yuu allowed herself to be led away from the group, mind racing with all of the possibilities that could be the conversation that Cater wanted to have with her. Yuu shook away any of the fears that involved her most precious secret, praying that it would be something less terrifying to explain.

She wanted to reveal the secret in her own time. Yuu tried to silence her thoughts when Cater had finally brought them both to a stop behind a secluded bush.

Oh shit oh shit... he knows, doesn't he? Why wouldn't he know? Am I seriously THAT bad at keeping secrets? What if Rook let it slip on accident! Yuu's mind went into a panicked, screaming state that left her frozen before Cater.

"So... What's up?" Yuu asked, forcing her voice to come out normally. Her voice cracked, making her nerves apparent to the ginger, who simply backed up a bit.

"Oh! Sorry!" He scrambled back a bit, noticing this. "I didn't wanna make you uncomfy, hehe." He laughed a bit. Yuu examined his movements.

"No. You're fine. What did you wanna talk about, Cater?" She asked, tugging at the sleeves of her oversized uniform and averting eye contact.

"Yeah. Uh... I didn't wanna bring this up in front of the guys in case this was a touchy subject, but..." Cater began, turning Yuu just a bit more anxious, averting her eyes so she could watch the others struggle with their roses.

"You're... biologically female, right?" Cater asked, awkwardly.

Yuu jumped, turning to him in surprise. "Woah, okay. Where'd that come from?" She stared with her eyes wide.

"I kinda figured it out when I hugged ya, but I really didn't mean it maliciously!" He explained, grabbing two boxes from under a bush. "Anyway! I got you an apology outfit for the unbirthday party. Low-key, hope you like it!" The ginger rambled, forcing Yuu to stop him by placing her hands over his mouth.

Yuu blinked, still tense. "Ok, hold on! Lemme get this straight." She said, allowing Cater to calm down and listen. "You somehow deduced that I am female from a single hug... and you thought to tell me this while the others were distracted so I wouldn't be uncomfortable?"

Cater nodded, not removing her hands from over his mouth.

"Wow... that is perhaps one of the nicest things that's happened to me ever since I got here." She said, removing her hands. Yuu examined the ginger, who was still somewhat in shock from the confirmation of her femininity.

Should I tell him about the second half?... Nah. I'd probably break the poor fella.

Yuu stepped back, allowing Cater a bit of room to breathe. "Thanks, I guess." She said, offering Cater a crooked smile.

"Yeah!" Cater smiled. "No problem!" He smiled back with a laugh before a sudden explosion of screams echoed from the garden, interrupting the two.

"Oh shit! Put it out!" Yuu's eyes widened, turning to the sound of the commotion as she realized that it was exactly as she'd assumed.

"Oh damn-" Cater said, brushing himself off, gesturing for Yuu to follow after him. She did, grateful.

.

.

.

Unsurprisingly, the boys had reacted to Grim setting a good portion of the rose bush on fire rather poorly. Cater arrived, summoning a small shower that was enough to delicately put the roses out without damaging the salvageable ones.

"... Well, this is going better than before." Deuce remarked, sitting down to calm down from the commotion.

It took the group a minute to calm down from the insanity that had just ensued. Yuu had immediately slipped into the maternal mode that would often come and go, inspecting the boys for any injured before dubbing them to be okay.

Cater examined the other roses carefully before smiling slightly. "Y'know... aside from the extra crispy roses, it's looking good!" He pulled out his phone to check the time before cheering slightly. "Ooh, it's almost time! Okay, all you sexy body doubles, that's a wrap!" He recalled all of the other Caters, who disappeared with a happy nod.

"Aye-aye, Cay-Cay!" Before disappearing in a poof, dropping three four of diamond cards.

The group stood for a moment before Cater clapped his hands. "Alrighty! Since today's occasion calls for formal wear..." Cater smiled, twirling his magic pen in his hands. "Your kind upperclassman'll doll you up!"

Yuu closed her eyes, feeling a warmth spread over her before opening her eyes once more. She looked around to see all of the boys dressed in charming, red, black, white, and gold suits. Even Grim's bow seemed to have changed to the Heartslabyul signature color scheme.

Yuu nodded, examining the boys. "You guys look pretty cool, actually." She smiled, allowing herself to praise the boys.

"Ya don't look too bad yourself." Ace smirked, gesturing for her to look down.

Yuu stood, currently in a frilly-ish sky-blue suit, a tailcoat elegantly acting as a sort of dress. She noticed how she was wearing shorts with white stockings, and was pleased with the blue and white combat boots that adorned her feet. She felt the weight atop her head, removing a matching mini-top hat, decorated in hearts with a pretty black bow.

Granted, she assumed that her appearance resembled one of a person who'd fallen into a pool of blue dye, but she quite liked the cutesy style of the clothing.

"Damn, okay! I see you, Cater." She said, surprised at how well the outfit was able to keep her chest hidden (which was impressive, considering that her breasts had begun to grow).

"Ha! I told ya that Cay-Cay's got you." He smirked before gesturing for the first-years to follow. The time for Heartslabyul's unbirthday party to begin was upon them at last.

.

.

.

A horn sounded, signaling for all of the boys to stand along the sides, forming a path from the gate and leading into the party.

"All hail our leader, the red sovereign himself... Housewarden Riddle!" A boy with Rabbit ears announced, joining the ranks.

"We salute you, Housewarden Riddle!" The others recited, Yuu simply standing awkwardly, mouthing along, yet unsure of what she was supposed to do.

She kept her hands over her stomach, nervously watching as the Crimson-haired boy walked in, holding his head high and impressively balancing on heels.

"Hm. The garden roses are red, the tablecloths are white... This seems a proper unbirthday indeed." He announced before turning to face Trey, who stood at attention beside him.

"Is there a dormouse asleep in the teapot, as there should be?" The red-head asked, his regal tone bringing fear into her heart.

"Of course. And should it become necessary, we've also prepared the jam to spread on his nose." Trey informed, earning himself a nod from the housewarden.

For a brief moment, Yuu caught a glimpse of the red-haired boy examining her gifted formal wear, nodding as if accepting her.

"Very good."

"Myah! Those are some fancy duds!" Grim whispered from Yuu's shoulder. Yuu mumbled her agreements, fearing that a single movement may attract the boy's attention.

"These are Heartslabyul dorm clothes. Aren't they fierce? At the forefront of fashion, and they look great on Magicam." Cater whispered back, smirking at the group. "One of the Queen's rules mandates formal dress on party days."

Yuu nodded, "As they say, clothes maketh the man." She stated in a posh tone, making her friend group smile.

"Now, let's tear this party up! And don't forget to give Riddle the tart." Cater reminded before making his way over to Trey.

"Before we begin the croquet tournament, let us make a toast. Does everyone have their teacup?" Riddle asked, raising one out, all others following suit. "On this most significantly unauspicious of days, I bid all in attendance... a very merry unbirthday!"

"To a very merry unbirthday!" Those in attendance called, raising their cups before taking a sip.

Cater gave a nod to Ace. "Now's your chance!" He mouthed as Ace scrambled to pick up the box containing the tart.

"Right... Uh, housewarden, sir..." Ace stood awkwardly, keeping his eyes averted as he offered the box to The red-haired housewarden.

Riddle sat upon a throne, his face unimpressed as he raised an eyebrow at Ace. "Ah, it's you. The tart thief." He said, voice calm.

"Yeah, so, I wanted to apologize for eating that tart. We made you a new tart to replace it." Ace gestured toward the group as Riddle accepted the box.

"Hmm? And what kind of tart is it?" The housewarden asked, beginning to untie the box to examine the gift.

"I'm so glad you asked! It's a chestnut tart, and I swear, we weren't stingy with the chestnuts." Ace chirped, taking the housewarden's acceptance of the gift as an acceptance of the apology.

Instead of praise, however, the people involved jumped at the cry of horror that escaped the shorter housewarden.

"A CHESTNUT tart?!" Riddle placed the box on the table, pushing it away from him as if it had somehow offended him.

"What?!" Ace sputtered, noticing how Riddle's face seemed to be turning a bright, angry red. Yuu pulled Ace's jacket, attempting to pull him away from Riddle.

"The Queen of Hearts's rule 562: 'One must never bring a chestnut tart to an unbirthday tea party.'" Riddle recited. Yuu could have sworn that she'd seen smoke billowing out of his ears. "This is an utterly flagrant rule violation! Do you understand what you've done?! You've ruined an otherwise perfect unbirthday!" He hissed, accusation clear in his tone.

Yuu watched as Trey and Cater seemed to pale at this revelation.

"R-rule 562...?!" Deuce stuttered, nervous.

Yuu felt a strangely cold sensation wash over her, one that she'd felt in the dwarf's mine as she watched the scene escalate.

"You have all of these memorized?!" She yelped, fighting back a whimper.

"There are 810 rules in all, and as a housewarden, I can of course recite each and every one of them." Riddle scoffed, turning his attention back to Ace.

Yuu noticed how Cater leaned over to Trey, both seemingly whispering among themselves, shock clear in their eyes.

"As housewarden of a dorm established to honor the Queen of Hearts's rigor, I cannot ignore this." Riddle said, face turning red with rage. "Destroy the offending tart immediately! Then throw these rulebreakers out of the dorm!" He commanded, making Yuu's heart drop. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 2.1K 37
Lily left Neel. Neel comes to an empty home and a broken pack due to his fathers death. They say you'll know if love is real if it comes back. Is the...
640K 14.3K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
11.2K 317 17
𝙰 π™³πšπ™°π™Άπ™Ύπ™½ πšƒπ™·π™°πšƒ π™°πšƒπ™΄ πšƒπ™·π™΄ π™·πš„π™Όπ™°π™½ π™·πš„π™Όπ™°π™½ π™΅πšπš„π™Έπšƒ; 𝙷𝙴 π™Έπš‚ 𝙰 1000 πšˆπ™΄π™°πš 𝙾𝙻𝙳 π™³πšπ™°π™Άπ™Ύπ™½ πšˆπ™΄πšƒ π™Όπš„π™²π™· 𝙻𝙸𝙺𝙴 π™»πš„...
72.9K 5.1K 52
|Book 2| Andorra isn't human. She's also not just the Fae Princess everyone thinks she is. She's running out of time, running out of ideas, and runni...