Sundew

By DillPexe

*Placeholder teSunny Swanson has had a rough go in life. A drifter and a heroin addict, he waits one night fo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter 2

3 1 0
By DillPexe

"Will you guys be back, Cyrus?" Sunny asked.

"I'm sorry, John," she replied, "we're going. Our mom found a new guy and she doesn't want to be anywhere near your Dad."

"Will I ever see you guys again? Will we ever be able to have our chess matches again? What about movie night?"

"...I don't know..."

They sat there in silence, under the beautiful greenery of the meadow beneath a creamy blue sky. It would've been appreciable under different circumstances. Sunny hugged her, and she did not resist. Tears stained his sister's Eddie Bauer shirt, and she continued holding him in her warmth.

"I love you—Serena, too."

"We love you, too, Jonathan."

Sunny would not recount this moment of weakness to his Mom—any trace of it would get him the worst of her physical punishments.

"I don't wanna go back, Cyrus," Sunny's voice was muffled, "she beats me."

"She won't for much longer. JUst hold out for us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 7.9K 52
In a blink of an eye, the whole world can change. Evey had always lived a normal life. She was an emergency room nurse, had friends, and had a famil...
455K 8.5K 32
Carmen is stuck in an abusive relationship and can't seem to escape and is starting to lose all hope. Until one night she finds herself beaten and h...
77.7K 1.7K 13
It was dark outside but that didn't make a difference to George, he needed to go grab food for his girlfriend because it was that time of the month...
347 90 29
COVID-19 has killed almost all of earth's population, but the dead don't stay that way...they turn into Mutants. The bloodthirsty creatures have tore...