to the grave | Emily Prentiss

By emily12o1970

"I have always heard every ending is also a beginning, we just don't know it at the time, I'd like to believe... More

~ | One | ~
~ | Two | ~
~ | Three | ~
~ | Four | ~
~ | Five | ~
~ | Six | ~
~ | Seven | ~
~ | Nine | ~
~ | Ten | ~
~ | Eleven | ~

~ | Eight | ~

88 3 1
By emily12o1970

Jennifer Jareau had never felt hatred this strong before. She absolutely hated Emily Prentiss. Since she had joined the team Reid hadn't shut up about her. He always had something to say. First is was how she had helped Gideon get through to Jind Allah, which was the reason they saved all those lives. Then he kept going on about how she found the truth about Morgan, even before he did.

Garcia was immediately taken by Emily. Even Morgan was being swayed by Emily Prentiss. Just because she hadn't shouted out his business, he immediately trusted her. Emily Prentiss was perfect on all fronts. It started out as a dislike, but grew to a hatred after Emily got a perfect score on the tactical training. An agent fresh from the academy, who previously worked a desk job had done better than her. JJ felt she was being replaced by a better version. The Emily was stealing everything away from her.

Emily didn't even attempt to hang out with them. She always made some sort of excuse for no being able to show up to the countless girl nights Garcia had invited her to. And JJ was all the happier for it. But yet Emily always managed to be the talk of the show. Somehow Garcia had convinced her to join the team to watch the super bowl. But they were pulled away for a case before they knew it.

.

Emily Prentiss didn't want to go out with the team. But she had no more excuses left, she had to go out with the team She normally watch gams with Declan. The almost 7 year old knew everything about practically every sport. They would watch games together, which was mostly just Declan trying his hardest to get Emily and Lousie to understand. Tom would sit in the corner and laugh every time Emily got something wrong.

Emily had known Tom since she was 7. She trusted him with the one thing she held most dear, Declan. He currently worked at the State Department, to always be there for Declan, who he treated as a son. Once, very long ago Emily and Tom had attempted to have a relationship, but it didn't work due to their jobs.

Last time Emily went to visit, Declan had asked her if he could call Tom, Dad. It had totally warmed her heart how he asked. He told her that her and Tom were the only real parents he's ever had. He had started calling her mom, just before they escaped Doyle. Doyle had insisted that Declan call her mother. And no matter how many times Emily had tried to explain that he didn't need to, he told that he loved her and that she was his mother no matter what.

.

The reason why Emily didn't want to out with the team was that she didn't want to build connections. Because somehow every one she trusts ends up stabbing her in the back.

She never had a good history with people, the first person she trusted was her mom, who ended up just ignoring her or complaining about her choice of career.

Next was her father, he didnt leave her by choice. But in the end Emily was left alone.

This was a pattern Emily was familiar with, which is why she really should have seen Jeremy coming.

.

Super Bowl night was cut short, when JJ got a call for a case.   

Before she knew it they were on thier way to Georgia to investigate bible based killings.

.

By the time they got to Hankles house he was gone and so was Reid. Emily and Morgan had found JJ in the barn. She was clearly in shock. Emily knew how close JJ and Reid were. She wouldn't be too surprised if they got together one day. But she also knew when JJ found about Reid, JJ would blame herself.

Hotch had decided that they should start fresh in the morning. The rest of the team had taken a chair or a bed and had gotten some shut eye. But Emily couldn't sleep. She could rarely sleep in the presence of others. She was afraid that her nightmares would be found out. But she was also trained at being awake for long periods of time, while staying completly alert.

She spent most of the night staring at the roof. Letting her thoughts roam. Around 2 am she heard footsteps. She immediately got up. When she reached the kitchen she found Gideon sitting at the counter, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asks, when he sees her.

"Light sleeper, heard you walking" Emily says as she stands across from him,pouring herself a cup too. This was by far the longest conversation she had ever had with him.

He couldn't tell if she was lying. Either she wasn't or she was too good at covering it up.

"Not what you expected, isn't it?" He says

She didn't understand. "I don't understand" she says.

"I'm sure, that you didn't expect to see your colleague abducted within 6 months of working here." he says

Emily still didnt understand the point he was trying to make. She knew he was smart, but smart enough to see the faults in her facade, she didn't know.

"I didn't" Emily simply says.

Once everyone was awake they were searching various rooms of the house.

Most of them had made thier way to the bed room. when Gideon pulled back the wall paper. On the wall was words written in some other language.

"Is it Latin?" Derek asks

Emily murmurs what seems to be what was written. "Honour thy father" She says

"You speak Latin?" Derek asks

"Only language I could take in high school" Emily shrugs.

After Emily walks out of the room, she passes the bathroom where JJ was. She hears JJ call to her, Emily moves into sight.

.

JJ was a mess. Something was off about Emily Prentiss. She walked on to every crime scene. Never hiding, she never even flinched at the horrible sights she had seen. She came off a desk job, but yet how was she already better than JJ.

.

JJ was a mess. Emily knew she needed to get out of the house. She offered JJ to come out with her tommorow. Just as she was going to walk away, JJ called to her again.

"Emily, how come none of this gets to you?"

Emily flips her head back not knowing what to say, "I don't understand what you mean"

"I mean, you came of of a desk job, now suddenly your in the field surrounded by mutilated bodies and you don't even flinch"

Emily was caught by surprise when she sensed Hotch behind her, "she is right you have never even blinked"

Emily felt the walls around her closing. She always hoped that her colleagues would never, ask questions about her, because she knew she would never have a good enough answer. It was enough that Gideon was close to the truth, she didn't need everyone behind her especially Hotch. She was scared, but she quickly covered it, but not quick enough for Hotch to notice.

"I guess I just compartmentalize better than most" was the best she could come up with.

Just at that second Morgan called out. He had found the father.

.

Once JJ and Emily got back, JJ was relaying the information to the team. Emily knew this was something JJ needed to do. She needed to feel that she had done something.

"Dilaudid, what is it?" Gideon asks

"It's a drugstore heroine" Emily jumps in. She new exactly what it was. She had first come across it in Italy, but the one piece of control she was that she refused to do needles. The team looked at her questioningly. They had picked up on her emotional response. Emily looked back at them. She but her lip. "I had a friend, who went in too deep" she didn't know whether she was talking about herself or Mathew.

Once again she was saved when Morgan yelled out. Hankle was streaming a video of Reid to them.

She looked around at her team mates, most of them had tears in thier eyes. The screen flicked off when Reid made his choice.

When they got back from the newest crime scene. Gideon cornered Emily.

"Prentiss, you are the newest member of the team, meaning you have the least emotional connection to Reid. You aren't clouded like the rest of us. So what are you thinking"

"I don't know" Emily says

"Prentiss think, there has to be some about this case that bugs you." Gideon urges her.

When Emily starts thinking, that's when she gets it. "The time"

"What about it?" Gideon asks.

"Hankle can't be that far away, if we are assuming the video of Reid is close to real time. It doesn't take that long for him to commit the murders"

.

The Team had saved Reid. Prentiss still hadn't gone to sleep on the jet ride back. Gideon wondered what it was that didn't allow her to sleep. And if she ever would be comfortable enough to sleep in front of them.

He was glad Reid was relatively okay, but wondered if this would be it got him.

.

Emily was opened her eyes to see Derek walking towards her.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up" He say

"You didn't" Emily says.

Once Derek sits in front of her he says "you did good work today if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have not found him so quickly."

She looks in the eyes and then says "I'm just happy we found him"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 496 41
You're an FBI agent at the BAU, something you've always wanted to do growing up. And now, you've made it, at 27 years old. But what's gonna happen du...
28.4K 841 79
Your past comes a-knocking when you visit your family for the first time in what seems like years. Things aren't what you thought they were, but you...
28.3K 499 27
8 years have past since her life was hanging by a tread, after being saved she never looked back. Graduated as the youngest FBI agent, there's nothi...
274K 7.4K 29
[book two] Rosemary finally begins to establish a regular lifestyle with Spencer, but will it last? ꧁꧁꧂꧂ All Rights Reserved.