~ | ELEVEN | ~

Emily knew she had been quiet lately. She just didn't realise how much her teammates had noticed. She had 2 major problems on her head, the first being Jason Gideon and the second being Erin Strauss.

After Sam had meet with Gideon, he had called her.

'What does he know?' Emily asked confidently into the burner phone

'The bare minimum, but he has suspicions' Sam replied.

Emily took a moment to take in her surrounding. She was in a park, north of D.C. Calmly she asks back, 'And what did you tell him? I doubt Gideon would have let you go till you gave him something'

'I told him the truth' Sam says simply. After a long pause, Emily can her him snickering from the other side. 'I'm joking, I swear Em, you used to be fun.'

'Well life happened, But I will inform you I can be fun, but seriously what did you tell him?' Emily say, a smile creeping up on her face.

'The old 'I cant confirm nor deny' I told him to go and ask you for details' Sam says

'Thank you' Emily replies

'Whats troubling you?' Sam asks

'Why would you think that?' Emily deflects

'Emily' Sam says, in a bored tone

'Erin Strauss' Emily then goes on to explain her meeting with her earlier in the week.

'Emily Prentiss, I find it hard to believe that you would ever go down without a fight, find your advantage and use it'

.

Emily remembered Sam's advice, she just didn't know if she should follow it.

"Prentiss"

Emily looked up from her paper work to see, Derek Morgan with a worried glance staring back at her.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? I called your name, but you were zoned out" Morgan explains

"I'm fine" Emily replies before giving him a quick, forced smile.

"You have been quiet lately" Morgan says

"Its nothing, family stuff"

.

When Emily gets home she pours herself a glass of wine to relax. Sh thinks back to her conversation with Strauss earlier in the week.

Emily stood in front of the door to Strauss's office. Taking a moment to get herself together before she knocked.

She knocks and then pushes the door open not waiting for a response.

"Agent Prentiss, right on time" Strauss says pushing some papers away.

"Chief Strauss, no where I'd rather be" Emily says bitterly, as she takes a seat

Erin decided to ignore this. "Its been a while, I last saw you 6 years ago for the Amerithrax case, if I recall, you were working for the State Department"

"I remember, and yes I was. But I'm sure this meeting was not for hashing old memories?"

"Yes well, I wanted to talk to you about your placement at the BAU"

"I don't understand" Emily says as she moves forward

"How would you like to be the Unit Chief of the BAU?"

"I don't understand, what about agent Hotchner?" Emily asks

"Agent Hotchner is no longer fit to lead the BAU, he's gone rogue and this team is following after him. If you bring me the evidence to bench him I will make you unit chief of the BAU."