๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐˜; ๐ฆ๐š๐ค...

By functionalism

Just a regular girl in the Jujutsu world. maki zenin x reader. More

before you start
Verbatim
Rocuronium
Invasion
Adamance
Arsenic
Hazard
Dopamine
Toluene
Tempest
Ethylene
Silica
The Beach
Questionnaire
Peyote
Orion
Assimilate
Admission
Ambition
Transition
Ryomen Sukuna
Lithium
Bodies
Mastermind
Persuasion
Lethal
Homerun
Introspection
Stigma
Tendency
Riddle
A Privilege Not Earned
United in Grief
Executioner
Blood on the Walls
The Girl who Lived, Cried and Fought

Gas

795 29 4
By functionalism

You told Gojo that you had to wait until the next day to continue the mission, so he let you stay at Jujutsu Tech for the rest of the day. The next day was just you, Yachi and Urosaki walking around the city trying to finish the mission. When a week passed, you had to call Gojo and plead with him to cancel the mission, since after a week you were getting nowhere.

Right after you got back, Ijichi was the first person you saw before he said you've been assigned another mission tomorrow.

"AGH! IT'S MISSION BACK-TO-BACK! WHY CAN'T I GET A BREAK ALREADY?!" You yelled out as you plopped down on your bed. Maki heard you next door before getting out to knock on your door.

"Y/n? You ok?"

"You don't have to knock, you can come in. I know it's you." You called out, knowing she's the only one who has the audacity to walk in unannounced.

"What happened?" She asked after turning the knob and walked in. You sighed before looking at her, "I've just been assigned another mission tomorrow. I literally just got back!" You exclaimed, sinking further into your mattress. Maki huffed before shuffling over and crawling into bed next to you.

"And don't bring in the fact that I'm a special grade. I hate it when people do that." You grumbled. Maki just continued staring at you.

"...That's rotten." She commented. You turned to her with a lifted brow. "What is?"

"The fact that higher ups keep assigning you mission after mission. Yes, it's part of being a Jujutsu sorcerer, but you just got back from your recent one, and the first thing you hear is 'you've got a mission tomorrow.' What the hell?" She questioned roughly with a frown. She was slightly pissed at the fact higher ups are denying her the chance to see you more often.

You chuckled softly. Even when you were stressed to no end, like right now, she always found a way to make you laugh at the little things that aren't funny.

"I agree. But, Ijichi-san mentioned that it was with Nanami, so it should be over quickly." You said in relief. Nanami's a hard worker, but the one setback is that he doesn't work overtime. So once 6 o'clock hits, he's off.

Maki huffed. "Anyway, how's your week been going?" You asked. She let out a lengthy sigh, "Well, it's been fine. With the exchange event coming up, we need to train with Toge's cursed speech to keep it from affecting us by accident."

"Just don't be around him when he's using his cursed speech."

Maki rolled her eyes. "It's not that simple, Y/n, good God." She grumbled. You chuckled. "There's nothing any of you can do, anyways. Everybody else has cursed energy and you don't, so if everybody did start training with Toge, it'd be a nuisance for you." You replied, and she nodded her head.

"What happened on that last mission?" She asked. You sat still for a minute, remembering the events you witnessed. Your eyes went hooded a moment later.

"Y/n?" She questioned. She lightly tapped your cheek a few times, but got no response. "Y/n, what the hell happened?" She questioned more starkly.

"I really don't wanna talk about it." You finally said. She backed off in an instant. She of all people knows better than to cross boundaries, especially when it's someone she loves.

"Alright. Do you need anything?" She asked, and all you did was wrap your arms around her torso, hiding your face in her neck.

The two of you spent the rest of the day like that (with the excuse of either one of you getting up for the bathroom and for when dinner came around.) until you had to leave for the mission the next day. You'd fallen asleep faster than you expected, cuz you swore that 5 seconds after, Maki was shaking you by your shoulder to wake you up.

"Y/n. Y/n, c'mon, you gotta get up for that mission." She said, patting your shoulder. You groaned and pushed her hand away, "Fuck offfff."

Maki huffed before rolling her eyes. "Do you want to get it over with or not?"

You rolled your eyes under your eyelids before getting up and opening them. "Fuck...I don't wanna go! Why can't they have someone else do it? When's the last time Toge's been on a mission? Why can't he go? Why's it always have to be me?"

Maki sighed while rubbing your back, "You'll be fine. You have Nanami, so chances are he'll do most of the work for you." She said reassuringly. You huffed before getting up. You noticed that you hadn't even changed out of your uniform, which was a relief because you didn't wanna have to make Maki leave, but at the same time you didn't want to change in front of her.

"Alright...I'll see you later." You said quietly, reaching over to kiss her forehead. Her cheeks turned red before she turned away. "Just go get that mission done, will ya?" She said roughly earning a chuckle from you.

You left the room just a minute later after brushing your hair and teeth then left for the main entrance where Nanamin stood in front of a black car. The backseat window rolled down and revealed Yuji sitting there, waving at you.

"Huh?! What're you doing here?!" You whisper yelled once you got to the car window. You looked around and checked your surroundings before looking back at him.

"You me and Nanamin are going on this mission!" He chirped with a grin. You frowned with a huff before walking to the other side and getting in.

Yuji turned to you. "So how was that other mission you went on?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Aww, man! Ok!"

You let out a soft breath before leaning against the window and closing your eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

After a while, Yuji woke you up, and right as you opened your eyes, Nanamin said that the mission had started. With a loud sigh, you opened the car door and walked out to be met with entrance doors to a movie theater.

"What's all this?" You asked as you let out a yawn. "There've been two deformed bodies found inside the theater, and they wanted us to check it out." Nanamin answered before the three of you walked in.

You all turned into the theater which contained the two bodies, and immediately spotted them, still sitting in the chairs. Your eyes widened before your eyebrows furrowed as you ran over to the bodies. Both of their ruined skin had a blue tint to them, and if anyone who knew them walked in, they wouldn't be able to recognize them at all.

"Why...?" You questioned yourself. Yuji looked at you before walking over. "Why would they assign me to this mission?" You said through gritted teeth, letting your head drop.

Yuji lifted a brow, "What's wrong, Y/n?"

"Why couldn't they assign this mission to Megumi? Or Panda, or Toge, or Maki? Why me?" You continued as tears threatened to make their debut. You were already disturbed from seeing your father's body last week, now you had to see two more?

"Did something happen?" Yuji asked with concern in his voice. You shook your head, lying. Yuji frowned slightly. "Alright, well...we gotta keep goin', right?" He suggested before you nodded and wiped your face off.

While walking around with Yuji and Nanami, you randomly concluded that even though you were certain that the attacker was the same curse user that you were hunting down last week. Then, you got another idea.

"Hey, Nanami, what time did those two die?" You asked him. He turned around with a lifted brow. "Around 1 yesterday, why?" He said before you frowned slightly. "Tch..that was just when I was heading back to Jujutsu Tech!" You grumbled before marching back to the building and heading straight to one of the staff members in one of the hallways.

You requested that you see a recording from the security cameras from around 1 in the afternoon yesterday, and saw the victims just randomly get deformed out of nowhere.

Lifting a brow, your lips slightly parted for a second.

If they didn't show up on camera..then it has to be a curse? You thought to yourself before frowning once again then thanked the employee and walked back out of the office to find Yuji and Nanamin standing outside of the door.

"Did you find anything?" Nanamin asked as you walked past them. You huffed, "Last week I was sent on a mission that involved a victim that died the same way those two did. I concluded that it was a curse user roaming around in Japan, since I'd also looked through the reported deaths that had the same cause of death as these recent victims. The first one was located in Sendai, a day before Yuji picked up Ryomen Sukuna's finger, concluding that someone was messing with it prior to Yuji picking it up. But then, I noticed during the recording that everything seemed normal up until the victims got deformed, that's when I concluded that it's not a curse user, just a curse. And it's somehow getting around in Japan, traveling north." You explained before waiting for a few seconds for them to process that.

"...And also I looked at the recording from just outside the building and saw a boy getting pushed around by the victims." You finished.

It couldn't be him, he showed up on camera. Does them pushing that boy around have anything to do with why they died?

"Did you ever find out the boy's name?" Nanamin asked before you opened and held open the door for the other two. You nodded, "Junpei Yoshino." You answered. Nanami nodded before thinking...

"Y/n, would it be alright if I let you take over this mission?"

"No, actually, it would not." You responded quickly. He nodded again in response. "You're sure? You don't think it would be faster if you did it alone?" Yuji pressed. You frowned before your hands clenched into fists.

"No, Yuji. I don't think it will." You answered, keeping as nice of a tone as you could muster. He nodded slowly before his ears burned red from embarrassment.

The three of you concluded that the one boy getting pushed around was linked to the victims getting killed, so you went up to the main office in the theater and asked if you could see the receipt dates for yesterday after Nanamin suggested it. Nanamin let you two roam around the streets of Tokyo until the day was over, then he'd let the two of you go back to Jujutsu Tech. Until then, you and Yuji walked around Tokyo messing around.

"I wonder how the others are doing." Yuji commented before taking a bite out of his popsicle. You looked at him before taking your own popsicle out of your mouth. "You mean your other classmates?"

"Yeah, I wonder how they're fairing. Y'know, with me being dead and all." He said before taking another bite. You nodded while looking down. "Well, last I checked, they're doing pretty good." You said as reassuringly as you could. Both of your faces had frowns on them, and you kinda felt bad for ruining the mood.

You felt a cold droplet land on your finger before glancing over and noticing the popsicle beginning to melt. You hummed before looking at Yuji. "Hm?"

"Whenever we go on missions together, let's always get popsicles after them, alright?" You said with a grin. He mirrored you and grinned back before giggling. "Alright, sure!" He chirped. You hummed again and ruffled his hair.

After that, the sun was already setting so you and him decided to head back to Jujutsu Tech after getting permission from Nanamin. You had to try a little bit to keep the other second years and the first years from seeing you and Yuji sneak onto campus. By the time you'd successfully gotten him back into his secret room in the middle of the campus, it was already dinner time. You waved Yuji goodbye before making your way towards the dining hall.

When you got there, you walked through the doorway to find everybody sitting at one table, though it was pretty big so you didn't question it.

"Yo! Y/n, how'd that mission go?" You heard Panda ask from the table, waving his paw up in the air. You ignored his question and kept slugging your legs over to the last dinner tray that was sitting right at the edge of the counter.

Panda just sat there with a blank stare before turning to Maki. "What's wrong with her?" He whispered. She rolled her eyes before bonking him in the head. "Don't assume I know the answer to that!"

"Sorry!" Panda whisper yelled before you sat down at the table behind them. Everybody turned around and looked at you in confusion before Panda spoke up.

"Y/n? You ok?" He asked before Maki bonked him in the head again. "Leave her alone. Who knows what she's seen on that mission?" Megumi commented before going back to his food. Panda huffed before turning back around. Toge did the same, while Maki kept on looking at you with concern.

What are you thinking?

What are you feeling?

What did you see?

Questions revolving around you kept plaguing her mind while she was trying to eat. Everybody else kept on with their conversations and you continued to sit there quietly, staring off into space.

"Are you ok?" Ryo finally spoke up, which made you jolt your head up. You blinked the unnoticed sleep out of your eyes before reaching for your spoon. No.

"Alright." He responded before waiting another moment to speak.

"Do you blame yourself?"

You froze for a second, like it was jet lag. What?

"I said, do you blame yourself?" He repeated. You frowned and shook your head before you continued eating.

Blame myself? Why would I blame myself? What do I have to blame myself for?

Ryo sighed while you kept gaslighting yourself that nothing happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 101 16
moon struck -> unable to think or act normally, especially because of being inlove ๐ŸŒ’๐ŸŒ“๐ŸŒ‘๐ŸŒ—๐ŸŒ˜ a cursed speech user and the sacred dragon wielder...
214K 3.2K 40
๐—” ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€๐˜, ๐—ณ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ณ๐—ณ... ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ป...
171K 6.5K 24
"ษช'แด… แด‡แด€แด› แด€ ส™ษชสŸสŸษชแดษด แด˜ษชแด„แด‹สŸแด‡๊œฑ ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ." "แด›แดœษดแด€ แดแด€สแด?" "...แดษด ๊œฑแด‡แด„แดษดแด… แด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›, แดแด€สส™แด‡ ษดแดแด›. แดŠแดœ๊œฑแด› แดษดแด‡, แด›สœแด‡ษด. ษช'แด… แด‡แด€แด› แดษดแด‡ แด˜ษชแด„แด‹สŸแด‡ ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ."