Eternal Souls

By Radical_Honesty

Jaune Arc Always wanted to protect people but he was always the weakest. No-one believed in him. Little did e... More

Outcast
Bio
Exposed
Not Cops and Robbers
Fight time !
Adapting
The Truth ?
Pride.
Revealing details
Criminal Acts
Hail the Queen !!
Death Battle !
The Price of Power
Combat.
Shut up and Dance.

Strategy and Secrets

185 7 2
By Radical_Honesty

(Jaune pov)

The morning after the dance i was summoned to Ozpins office with Ruby but i brought the rest of my team as well as Team RWBY, Because of the sudden appearance of Cinder who had been the attacker of the Fall Maiden, I wanted everyone to know the truth about this and i didn't want to keep secrets from my friends anymore.

All last night my mind raced wondering what Cinder was up to but i wasn't able to come up with an answer, Eventually the elevator reached Ozpins office and we walked to the door only to be met with Professor Goodwitch. "Jaune, Ms. Rose, The Headmaster requested only you two so why is team RWBY here as well as team JNPR", I just told her that they needed to know about this and if they weren't told by Ozpin then i'll tell them myself. She sighed and let us enter the office.

"Uncle Qrow !!" Ruby screamed as she went zipping over to embrace him. "Hey pipsqueak, Hows it going ?", Ruby then started to jabber on about everything she had done until the Headmaster cleared his throat. We all turned to him and saw Ozpin sitting at his desk and Ironwood standing there beside him frowning and crossing his arms.

"I recall only asking you and Ms. Rose to come here so why are the rest of your friends here ?" Ozpin asked curtly  "They're here because they're my friends, I trust them and i'm not going to lie to them and i'm sure Pyrrha agrees" I said then i looked at Pyrrha who nodded and did agree with me. Ozpin sighed and nodded "I expect whatever you hear in this room to be kept between only us here, is that clear ?". My team and team RWBY nodded.

Ozpin then explained about the Maidens and how Pyrrha was the new Fall Maiden but only had half of the powers as part had been stolen by an unknown assailant. "About that, I know who did it !" Everyone turned to me in shock even Ruby as she hadn't connected the dots yet. "Who do you believe is the attacker ?" Ironwood asked "Her name is Cinder Fall and i had a run in with her last night".

"You mean that woman ??" Ruby asked as she was there. I nodded and pulled the scroll out of my pocket. "She was carrying this and i eventually realised that she was planning to do something to the CCTS" I handed the scroll to Ironwood. "It's encrypted so i don't know whats on it, You should be careful with this as whatever it is can't be good", I told the General as he stared at the jumbled code on the screen. "I'll have some of my techs crack it and give you all the details later". Ironwood then left and we were told that if these people were here already then they might be planning to strike at the kingdom itself somehow.

"Now Jaune i need you to tell me about this woman" Ozpin said so i nodded and went to his desk and drew a sketch of Cinder on the back of a form he had on his desk. About ten minutes later i finished and showed it to the Headmaster. 

 "I feel like i've seen her before" Ruby said with a look of concentration, "Oh wait i remember now, She's from Haven academy i met her in the hall one night while i was going to the library to pick up a game i'd left there". I wondered why she was pertending to be a student because if all she was after was the Maiden powers then she could just sneak in and take them.

"Exactly how do you know her Jaune ?" Ozpin asked, He probably wondered if i could be trusted as i knew her name and she had got away from me when i could have easily defeated her. "We had a thing once" I revealed,"We were just so alike, We both had a hard upbringing thanks to someone's cruelty but the difference is that i never held anyone but 'That Man' responsible, Cinder however thought that people were just out to get her". My friends were quite shocked but i went on to explain. "She came from an abusive home, Her adopted 'Mother' and 'Sisters' treated her like a slave" Everyone's eye's fell slightly as they looked quite sad hearing this. "She was able to get away from them and began to look for a way to become stronger so that no-one could hurt her again".

"It seems like she some how became aware of the Maidens powers and decided to steal that to become stronger" I explained things as i saw then. "Indeed, She will probably want the rest of the magic from Amber" Ozpin said as he tented his fingers while looking at Pyrrha. "There's one thing i still don't understand" Pyrrha asked with a confused look on her face, "Only one ? I'm still reeling from this "Magic is real" Bombshell you've just dropped on us" Weiss said and everyone agreed with her.

"What is your concern Ms. Nikos ?" Ozpin asked as he stared at her, "Well i'm wondering how she managed to steal the powers in the first place". That 'was' important i knew my method was off the table to Cin but then how did she do it, "I'm not sure but i don't think we need to worry about it, We just need to start training Pyrrha to control this power so she's ready when the time comes for her to face Cin" I said while i thought about what would happen when Cinder found out that Amber was dead and the power was in Pyrrha.

"That's the worst case scenario though, What has me confused is who's helping her ?" Everyone looked at me for a moment. "Come on guy's she's strong but there has to be limits so how's she planning to attack the kingdom without others helping her ?" I asked as everyone thought for a moment. "Maybe she has others working on weakening the kingdoms defences" Ren voiced aloud. "What do you mean ?" Asked Weiss who looked very confused, "I'm just saying that maybe she has allies that we don't know about" He clarified, I thought about who would be stupid enough to attack one of the four kingdoms. 

"What about the White Fang ?" Blake said, I turned to face her and saw that she had a thoughtful look on her face. "They've been stealing all this dust but they've never needed that much before", That 'was' a possibility as the Fang would have no love for a Human run kingdom "You might be onto something there" I told her but i still wasn't sold on the idea. "Hey what about that Torchwick guy, He's been gathering weapons for the White Fang and Blake said that during the Rally they were shipping it to the southeast" Ruby said and now that made sense, With all those weapons and dust they might be able to make a fight out of it. I did wonder what they would do about the Atlas fleet that was currently hovering over our heads ??

(Timeskip)

Eventually it was decided that Team RWBY would go and investigate the Southeast to try and find the possible location of the White Fang stronghold. I on the other hand wanted to get Pyrrha ready for the very real possibility that she might have to kill Cinder because if it came down to it Cinder would have no qualms killing Pyrrha. Pyrrha was at her core a good person and didn't have it in her to kill so i suggested that we get ready for the possibility that she might have to.

I wanted to take Pyrrha to my cabin so she could train without distraction and asked Nora and Ren if they wanted to come too, They said that they would stay behind and train at Beacon and let us know if something happened to which i agreed. "Good luck guy's we should be back in a couple of days, But don't hesitate to call if you need us okay ?". We hugged as a team and then i took Pyrrha to the landing pads to catch a ride to Vale and from there we would go on foot to my place for intensive training. 

(The next day)

I parried a blow from Pyrrha as she was on the attack but i sensed that her heart wasn't in it, I knocked her weapon to the side them slipped around her to grab her throat from behind. "You're dead" I told her when i put my sword to her throat. Pyrrha struggled in my grip so i tripped her and smashed her head against the ground. She was unharmed because of her Aura but i then put my blade to her back pointing down and that got my point across.

"That was underhanded Jaune !" Pyrrha complained as she rolled over and stood up while dusting herself off. "This is training thats meant to kill, This isn't a match Pyrrha and sometimes your enemies will fight dirty, You need to be ready for that !" I told her with a severe tone.

She looked down and held a sorrowful look on her face so i walked over and put my hand on her shoulder. "Killing is a filthy business and i would rather you never have to do it" I told her seriously and she raised her head. "But i'd rather our enemies do the dying instead of you" She nodded sadly but then thrusted her weapon right at my chest which bounced off my Aura. I was impressed that she could be so underhanded as to go for the kill while her enemy was distracted that just meant that this was working.

"You're learning" I smirked as i was quite proud of her, "Now lets try out those Maiden powers and help you get control of them" I told her. She nodded and put her weapons away, She closed her eye's and focused. It only took a few minutes for her to understand as soon she was throwing fire, Ice and lightning at me. I was having a hard time with her attacks so i got serious and began to use all my power to try and match her.

(Timeskip)

We were both kneeling as we rested for a bit, I was actually impressed as thoughout the course of her training Pyrrha had managed to kill me six times, I wasn't draining her Aura as most enemies won't be able to do that but Pyrrha was becoming quite adept at using her magic. Pyrrha was thinking logically about her power and how it related to real world effects, For instance she would send out either a sheet of ice or a torrent of water then use lightning to fry me or sometimes she would cause the ground to become soft to catch me then attack full on with her weapon.

"That's enough for now Pyrrha we should get some food and rest" Pyrrha agreed and so we went and had dinner. After our meal i went out and decided to get into the Hotspring to soothe my body for a while. I had only been in for about ten minutes when i felt a hand take hold of me.

My eye's up until then were shut but that got my attention, I looked to my side and Pyrrha was there in the water naked and staring at me while her hand was under the water. While this was immensely pleasureable i was a little taken aback as Pyrrha hadn't really spoken about our night together since it happened, Naturally i was confused "Erm what are you doing ?" I asked a she stroked me with slow but gentle movements of her hand.

"What do you think i'm doing ? Don't tell me that you're not enjoying this, i can see and feel that you are" Pyrrha whispered in my ear as she smirked sensually. "Oh.....Pyrrha if you don't stop then i won't be able to hold back, And i'll take you here and now !" She grinned and quickened her strokes before straddling my lower half and sliding down.

"Do it !"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
605 17 4
Remnant, a world which has long known peace. In the shadows, a hidden war wages. Fought between two lovers, who bring their world ever closer to ruin...
161K 4.6K 36
You're a normal 16 years old guy except for the fact that you like to think of yourself as a rationalist and like to put forward your... well... let'...
209K 3K 17
Grimms,Huntsmen or Huntresses,Semblance,Aura and Maidens exists in this planet called Remnant...but have you ever heard of Heroes? Suddenly a green l...