๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐˜; ๐ฆ๐š๐ค...

By functionalism

Just a regular girl in the Jujutsu world. maki zenin x reader. More

before you start
Verbatim
Rocuronium
Invasion
Adamance
Arsenic
Hazard
Dopamine
Toluene
Tempest
Ethylene
Silica
The Beach
Questionnaire
Peyote
Orion
Assimilate
Admission
Ambition
Ryomen Sukuna
Lithium
Bodies
Mastermind
Gas
Persuasion
Lethal
Homerun
Introspection
Stigma
Tendency
Riddle
A Privilege Not Earned
United in Grief
Executioner
Blood on the Walls
The Girl who Lived, Cried and Fought

Transition

883 45 31
By functionalism

"You look so pretty."

You comment, turning to Maki with a sweet smile. The glow of the fire is reflecting off both your faces, making the scene just that much better. She turned to you with a frown and a blush.

"Huh? What're you on about?" She grumbled. The obnoxious laughter and the conversations going on seemed to blur out with the eye contact the two of you are making.

"You heard me." You smiled even more as you leaned in to press a soft kiss against her cheek. Her face began to glow red as she turned to face the opposite direction and pushed you away by your chin. "Shut up." She grumbled once again, and you chuckled.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, LOVEBIRDS!" Gojo yelled in yours and Maki's ears. You both turned to him with frowns on your faces while he just grinned. He held something in your face before beaming at you.

"Glad you got your ID back?" He asked, waving it in your face. Once he finally stopped waving it around, you snatched it from his hands to get a good look at it.

"Yeah. Thanks." You said grumpily as you set it down next to you. "Alllso, Y/n, how old are you?"

"16."

"GREAT! My lucky guess! C'mon out to the front, I gotcha another Christmas present." He chirped while getting up and walking up to the door. You and Maki looked at each other before getting up to follow him, along with the other first years.

"Someone close her eyes!"

"What?! It's not like it's my birthday or anything!"

"Just do it!"

You sighed grumpily while Maki and Panda held their hand and paw up to your eyes. Maki's other hand helped guide you to wherever Gojo was taking you.

"WHAT?! THAT'S NOT FAIR, SATORU!"

"THAT'S SO NOT FAIR! SHE'S ONLY A FIRST YEAR!"

"Yes, and so are you! This is her present and reward for coming up with that genius plan and keeping you guys safe!"

You blinked underneath Maki's hand, and she motioned Panda to remove his paw so she could lift her hand up. When her hand left your eyes, the first thing you saw was this fancy car in front of you with a big red bow on top of it.

Your jaw dropped before you began to smile.

"NO WAYYY! THANKS, GOJO!" You squealed as you ran up and hugged him. He laughed as he pat your head.

"Merry Christmas, kiddo!"

"Do you even have a license, Y/n?"

You nodded as you let go from Gojo. Everybody's jaw dropped even further. "AND SHE HAS A LICENSE?!"

"C'MON, GOJO! SHE BARELY CONTRIBUTED TO THAT FIGHT!"

"Oh yeah? Then how come when I found 'em he was on his last days? HMMMM?!"

"THAT WAS MY DOING!"

"YEAH! WHICH I GAVE YOU A HEAD START, LOSER!" You teased, blowing a raspberry and pulling your bottom eyelid down.

"Yeah, you guys don't even have a license aside from Toge. But he barely did anything, and Y/n's already of age, courtesy of Shoko's good guess. So that's her reward for that genius plan and for doing the most damage! It also doubles as a Christmas present, so I thought why not?" Gojo chirped. Everybody stared at you with jealous looks on their faces.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Oi, oi, oi! You four! Get over here!" Gojo yelled to you, Maki, Toge and Panda. Someone stood next to him, he had black spiky hair looking similar to a sea urchin, an emotionless face and a normal Jujutsu High school uniform.

"This, is Fushiguro Megumi! A first year student who'll be joining you second years next week!" Gojo announced, giving jazz hands at the boy who looked away stiffly. The four of you stared with bored faces.

"Ok."

"Cool."

"Shake."

You shook your head at their reactions. "Don't be so dense, guys. This is a first year, we were just like him a few months back." You said before turning to grin at Megumi who didn't seem to care about your gesture.

They all kept staring at him with the same expressions. You sighed before turning back to Megumi.

"Sorry about them. We've just come back from a mission, and they're all tired. Lazy shits," You mumbled. "I'm Y/n L/n. And I'm going to say it before Panda does," You turned to face Panda while he held his hand up nervously. "But what he always says, if you need any help with homework, just-"

"Just go to Y/n! She knows everything!"

You huffed before going back to what you were saying. "So yeah. It's very nice to meet you, Megumi." You said warmly. He looked at you. "Nice to meet you, too." He said blankly before getting the feeling that you'd be the only upperclassman that he'd openly respect.

"The literal panda back there is Panda,"

"Nice to meetcha!"

"The short boy with the white hair that looks good compared to Gojo's is Toge."

"Shake."

"The ponytail over there is-"

"Zen'in-senpai. Yeah, I know." He cut you off without the sense of seeming rude. You grinned before walking back with the others.

"Tch, I don't get why you had to explain us to him. I'm pretty sure he knows already." Maki scoffed as you got next to her. "It's common courtesy, Maki. You should try it, you could really benefit from it."

"HUH?!"

You chuckled at her.

"Anyways, I'm gonna need one of you guys to watch over him! I've got some errands to run and we've also got an entry to take care of, so don't start world war 3!" Gojo chirped before running off. You all shook your head at him.

You turned to Megumi. "You can choose who you want to watch over you. Though, it wouldn't matter if you didn't want to choose. No one listens to Gojo, anyways." You grinned. He took a moment to look between you and the other three standing behind you.

"What grade are you guys?" He asked.

You pointed your finger towards Panda first, "He's a second grade." You pointed your finger towards Toge. "He's first-special grade." You said before pointing your finger towards Maki. "She's a fourth grade, though that doesn't reflect on her abilities at all. " You said before pointing your thumb at yourself.

"And she's a special grade." Panda and Maki said exasperatedly in unison. You nodded in response, and Megumi echoed your action.

"So like I said, you don't have to pick between one of us four freaks. You can just do what you like on your own." You said with a grin. He huffed in response.

"I think...I'll go with you, L/n-senpai." He said, pointing his finger at you. You looked at him with a blank face while the others scoffed.

"Oh...ok-"

"I'll have you know, Megumi, that she's not at all an entertaining person." Maki commented. You chuckled, "That depends on what you find entertaining, Maki. Not everyone is entertained by training 8 hours a day." You replied, earning a giggle from Panda. "I'd like to think that what you do with your time is particularly boring for anybody! All you do is read books! You nerd!"

"Yeah, nerd!"

You rolled your eyes at Maki and Panda. "Sounds fun to me." Megumi commented. All four of you turned your heads towards him.

"... Huhhhhhhhh? "

"Maki was just being over exaggerate. I don't always read books." You said before grinning at Maki. She rolled her eyes. "Well that's what you mainly do. Nerd." She mumbled under her breath. You held her hand up to your ear, "What was that?"

"Nothing." She spoke up with a grunt. You chuckled again.

"Anyways, what do you want to do?" You asked while you began to walk off with Megumi. He huffed before scratching his head.

"I dunno, anything that doesn't involve the others, please." He said quietly. You grinned before giving him a thumbs up. "That's my profession, I'll have you know." You informed, earning a nod from him.

"Look at you, making friends with the new boy." Ryo commented, and Megumi lifted his head up towards you. "What was that?"

"Sorry. That's my curse, he's what makes me a special grade. Or even a Jujutsu sorcerer, matter of fact." You explained sheepishly.

"Oh...you're cursed?" He asked. You nodded stiffly.

"Sup. I'm Ryo."

His eyes widened. "You have special grade cursed spirit Ryo inside you?" You nodded stiffly once again. "It could be worse, I could be Ryomen Sukuna's vessel." You joked, but neither of you laughed.

"...Anyways, if you hear me talking to myself, that's me talking to Ryo, so don't pay any mind to it." You said, knowing that Megumi was definitely gonna pay mind to it. He nodded in response.

"But seriously, aside from something that doesn't involve the others, is there anything in particular that you wanted to do?" You asked, turning to him. He shook his head no. You nodded, "Alright. Then I'm gonna go to the library and be a lump, if you don't mind." You said before Megumi followed you to the library.

-

-

-

-

"So Megumi, do you have any set goal in mind while you're here at Jujutsu Tech?" You asked, looking up from the page of your book in the historical section of the library. The book you were reading was one of the few books in the library that wasn't Jujutsu-related, and you were glad that the principal had some peace of mind to place regular books there. (or books that you yourself would deem regular)

He shook his head, "No. I was technically forced to join here. If I didn't want to get sold to the Zen'in clan, I had to start going here when I turned 15, so here I am." He answered truthfully. You perked your eyebrows up. "Oh..-"

"Is there anything that you want to do while you're here?" He asked you. You smiled to yourself behind the pages, "I initially joined here to suspend my execution, but later on the higher-ups decided to let that go, since I was part of the reason that Geto Suguru died last year. But a goal?" You said before turning the page.

"My father's a police detective, so I would sometimes go with him on his trips to crime scenes. On occasion, we'd come across a death caused by a curse. And when I encountered Ryo, Gojo confronted my family that very same night. I figured out that a huge portion of the deaths and disappearances in Tokyo were caused by curses. And the next day, I joined Jujutsu Tech with the goal of helping Tokyo out, even if it's just a little bit." You answered. Megumi just stared for a few seconds after that, his brain processing the information.

"Oh." He responded, you chuckled softly before turning the next page. "Wait, you were involved with Geto Suguru's death?" He asked, and you nodded slightly. "I didn't kill him, but I certainly did some permanent damage to him. Gojo even said I did the most damage in the fight, aside from whoever killed him." You answered. He echoed your movements and he nodded.

"Yeah. That shit took up some of my cursed energy that day." Ryo commented, making you chuckle while turning the next page.

"...You can leave if you want, you don't have to bore yourself by hangin' out here with me." You said to Megumi. He looked up from the book he was reading. "No, it's fine. If I left now, I bet Gojo would find me later on and put me up to something I don't want to do. Plus, this book is pretty interesting." He responded.

"What's it about?"

"It's about this guy who grew up knowing nothing about his parents, as he was a foster child. He also grew up hating his parents for abandoning him. I don't know a whole lot more about it, since I'm only on the 3rd chapter, but it's pretty good actually. I kinda relate to it." He answered. You nodded before quickly looking at the summary on the back and looking back at him.

The next hour and a half was spent in silence, the loudest noises were the sounds of you or Megumi turning pages. That is, before Maki kicked open the door.

"Oi, you two. Are you done being lumps?" Maki questioned as she walked over to the table you and Megumi were comfortably sitting at. You looked up at her and smiled.

"Good afternoon to you, too, Maki. No, we're not done being lumps. I'm actually doing something I enjoy, and this is probably the shortest I've ever gone while reading a book in silence." You said blankly. Maki rolled her eyes and slapped the book out of your hands.

"Is Maki demanding attention?" You teased, getting up from your seat. She rolled her eyes before hiding her face in the crook of your neck. "Don't you dare tell Panda and Toge about this. Or even Gojo." She mumbled before you brought your hand up to her back as her arms wrapped around you.

You looked over at Megumi who was still reading his book, but you got the feeling he was getting a little uncomfortable.

"Maki, if you wanted attention, you didn't have to barge in here and make Megumi uncomfortable. You could've texted me and I would've told him I have to go." You said while smiling. Maki just huffed into your neck. "You weren't responding, so I had to come down here." She mumbled. You perked your eyebrows up before reaching over for your phone and unlocking it, seeing 7 notifications from Maki.

"Sorry, my phone was on silent." You replied.

Megumi mumbled into his book, "Get a room."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 3.2K 40
๐—” ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€๐˜, ๐—ณ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ณ๐—ณ... ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ป...
171K 6.5K 24
"ษช'แด… แด‡แด€แด› แด€ ส™ษชสŸสŸษชแดษด แด˜ษชแด„แด‹สŸแด‡๊œฑ ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ." "แด›แดœษดแด€ แดแด€สแด?" "...แดษด ๊œฑแด‡แด„แดษดแด… แด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›, แดแด€สส™แด‡ ษดแดแด›. แดŠแดœ๊œฑแด› แดษดแด‡, แด›สœแด‡ษด. ษช'แด… แด‡แด€แด› แดษดแด‡ แด˜ษชแด„แด‹สŸแด‡ ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ."
14.2K 322 18
"๐€๐ฆ ๐ˆ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐š๐Ÿ๐ž?" When Y/N's life takes a mysterious turn and she becomes a student at Jujutsu High, one of her new classmates slowly...
1K 8 20
Collection of Headcannons/Preferences/One Shots x Reader for JJK! REQUESTS: OPEN Fluff, Angst, and sometimes a mix of both! NO SMUT I DO NOT OWN THES...