The Witches Legacy

By Roannahinks85

I never knew what I was until I turned ten, after leaving home because my dad tried to kill me. I found out t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 14

33 3 0
By Roannahinks85

ADA

The meeting with the council members went on for another three hours which led right into the early hours. I felt exhausted.

The council members had rang Alpha Cedrick and they were asking every question known to man, and even some I didn't even bother asking.

Alpha Cerdrick just hung up the phone and everything was set for all witches to attend the werewolf school. They would be starting school in three days, to be shown around and be introduced to the werewolf kids.

All of Callie's age group was going but there was still the matter of Callie to go. I believe she would benefit from going, she can make new friends and even get to be part of something.

The council members were murmuring and getting ready to leave, which made me clear my throat. "Council," I said, making them all stop what they were doing and look at me. "There is something we need to talk about."

Some looked on in confusion, except Darla, who seemed to know what I was going to ask. "You want your granddaughter to go with them?" she asked, making the others look surprised.

"Yes," I said, glancing between them until I landed on Darla, who seemed to be on my side during the whole meeting. She agreed to everything I said, which surprised me.

"I don't believe that is a good idea," one of the council members said, but I never bothered to look to see who spoke. I kept my eyes on Darla, who was staring back.

"And why is that?" I asked. "I mean, she has done everything you have asked of her, even staying inside and being homeschooled by me and her aunt. I think she should be with the others and the werewolves."

"What about her magic?" Darla asked, moving her head to the side. "That is not only the problem. She doesn't look like the others. She will be asked and noticed. Do you want—"

"Callie can handle it," I said, cutting her off. "Her magic is under control. You can even ask Claude how her training is going. As for her looks, she can wear a disguise."

No one spoke for a moment, but I continued. I needed to speak up for my granddaughter, she couldn't then who else but me?

"Callie has done everything you have asked," I said. "Like I said. She deserves to be treated her age and not something that no one can be around. She is a child, who needs to be with people her own age. You have kept her away from the others, making them believe that she was a freak or an abomination, but she hasn't even done any damage, not even when she came here."

Everyone's eyes were on me. Some where thinking I was crazy, but I believed in my granddaughter. She needed to be with her kind and even prove that she was one of them.

"How will Callie be okay with the others if she isn't allowed to be with them?" I asked. "Callie knows how to rein in her magic when she needs to. She learned that the first night she came here. If you are concerned, maybe send Phoebe in with her or a teacher."

"If we allow her to go," Darla blurted out. "How will she explain her eyes?"

"She won't have to," I said, thinking on the spot. "She can wear contact lenses. We can decide on a color and stick to it."

Darla nodded and looked to the others, then back at me. "Her scars?" she asked. "She will have to cover them up. And the wolf needs to be kept at home—"

"Storm is her guide," I said, cutting her off. "He won't harm anyone. If anything, we can state that she needs him for guidance like a service dog or something."

Darla stared at me and frowned. "You have thought about this a lot," I said.

"I have," I said with a smile. "My granddaughter is my life. You all know that. I wouldn't ask you to send her if I didn't believe she couldn't handle it. I know she can."

Darla looked at me for a while before she spoke. "We will have to deliberate," she said. "We will tell you tomorrow around noon. It is too late to do anything now, and we all need to get some sleep."

I nodded.

"All I ask is that you give her a chance," I said, looking between them. "She has done everything that you have asked of her, and now I think you should do something for her."

No one said anything.

"I will take my leave," I said, turning around and heading to the door. I felt their eyes on me the entire time until I left. As soon as the doors closed behind me, I let out the breath I had been holding the entire time.

I sighed and carried on walking toward the entrance of the council building. I stepped outside when a breeze rippled over me, making me shudder.

I walked away and headed toward home. Walking through our little coven, no one was out. It was late, but that never meant that no one was awake.

The walk home was silent. Approaching the house, I stopped when I felt eyes on me. I stopped right in front of the door, but didn't open it. Looking over my shoulder, I glanced around until I landed on the person who was staring at me.

I frowned, wondering what the hell she was doing here. She had been gone for seven years without a word. I turned around and headed toward where she stood, but she moved back into the shadows. I followed until she was in the clearing of the forest. "What are you doing here?" I asked, stepping closer to her.

Her eyes searched my face, but my face was hard. She never contacted us to find out how Callie was.

She just left. Callie asked me what happened between us, but it has never been brought up again. I didn't tell her. It wasn't my story to tell.

"Mum," she whispered, but I shook my head, which stopped her. She closed her mouth and looked at me. "Why are you here?" I asked, cutting her off, but she continued. "Cut straight to the point. I have had a long day and need to rest."

My daughter sighed and looked toward the house.

"How is she?" she asked, not looking back at me. I couldn't help but take her in. She looked pale and skinny like she hadn't eaten in a long time. But I guess when you are chasing down a ghost, that would do it to you.

"Fine," I murmured. "Still waiting for a card or even a letter from you."

I knew I hit a nerve, but it had to be said. No child should go without seeing their only parent. "Where have you been?" I asked, trying to keep the focus on me and not on Callie. "Did you find—"

"I found him," she said, making me look at her with wide eyes. Her eyes met mine. "Don't worry, he doesn't know where she is," she said. "He doesn't even know I found him."

I gave her a nod but stared. "Why are you here?" I asked. "You won't have left if—" but I stopped, her face changed and gave me a knowing look. If she was here, that meant he was close, but where?

"Where is he?" I asked, making her sigh while her eyes moved to the house again. "He is a few towns over. He has been meeting up with people, people who have hunted us for years."

My stomach dropped. If hunters were here, the council members wouldn't let our children go to the school. "This can't be happening," I muttered, turning away. "Mum," she said, placing her hand on my arm to stop me from moving away. "What is going on?"

I looked at her and started to tell her in a short version about the werewolf pack and the school. My daughter froze and stared at me. "Will Callie go to the school?" she asked. I shrugged.

"The council was going to discuss it and let me know tomorrow," I said, making her tense, but she said nothing for a moment and let out a sigh. "Mum, she may be safer with the pack around," she said, making me look at her. "But the hunters will be after—"

"They know of the pack," she said. "But I have this feeling that they will be moving on. Word has gotten out that there are more witches due east from here. I only came here to see her or even get a glimpse of her. I knew it was late, but I just wanted to know she was safe and well."

I said nothing but gave her a small smile. "She is doing great," I said. "And is extremely well. She has learned how to manage and control her magic."

My daughter smiled. "That's great," she said, and glanced behind her. "I need to go."

Which made me feel sad, but I knew she wouldn't stop until she got what she needed out of this stupid chase. My daughter looked back at me and gave me a small smile. I watched her for a moment when she placed her hand into her back pocket and pulled out a phone. She held it to me and motioned me to take it. "Take this," she said. "It's a burner. No one has the number; it has only one number—mine. I will send texts about where I am and keep you updated on what I find."

I frowned. Why the sudden change in heart?

"Why?" I asked, moving my head to the side to take her in again. "Why now?"

My daughter looked at me and sighed. "I missed her," she said, sounding sad. "I missed seeing her become what we are and more. I missed it all because I wanted to keep her safe, to capture that son of a bitch for what he did to me."

A lone tear escaped, but she continued. "This is to let you know that I am safe," she said, breaking my heart. "I love you, mum," she said. "I love Callie and Phoebe, too."

I gave her a small smile and grabbed the phone. I went to move toward my daughter to hug her, but she shook her head. "I will text once a week," she muttered, stepping back from me. "If you don't hear from me, don't panic. I will get hold of you and tell you more."

My daughter walked away but stopped by the entrance of the forest line and looked at me one last time.

My heart broke in two all over again. She knew what she was doing, and it was breaking not only me but also Callie and Phoebe. We wanted her back, but it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon.

I looked at the house. I needed a moment to collect myself. I knew I couldn't tell Callie I saw her; she would want to follow her and bring her back home. I needed to wait till I was calm enough, I had to keep it from Phoebe, too, only until I received the first text message from her.

My mind was racing with everything that had happened. Werewolves and now hunters being close by, I had to keep my mouth shut about them to the council, or it would be an uproar. No one will be safe, not even the rest of us.

The council members were scared. I could feel it the last time this happened. We don't need that to happen again.

Maybe my daughter is right about sending our children to the pack may keep them safe. It would be safer there than here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 19.2K 17
Growing up in hell has been completely normal to me, being surrounded by demon's and evil soul's is nothing, they don't scare me. But the day mom tol...
1.2K 270 46
New town. New identity. Same crazy. I love it!!! (insert enthusiastic voice ) (cough, cough) Not!! I hate it. I hate having to to hide who I am. Bu...
844 42 26
My name is Hibiscus Brown, my best friend is a unicorn and my life is going absolutely nowhere. Oh, and I'm a witch. At least partly - the rest is al...
59.8K 2.4K 15
A werewolf father, a Kitsune/fox spirit and vampire mother, two siblings the same as me, and a fire in our house. My name is Crimson Miret, orphan, o...