A New Masterpiece (COTE x OC)

By kinato_

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, the masterpiece of the Whiteroom, an unchallenged existence in this world, with unfathom... More

Chapter 1 - The Opening
Chapter 2 - First Introductions
Chapter 3 - The Student Council President
Chapter 4 - An Unusual Outing
Chapter 5 - Class Leaders
Chapter 6 - Revelations
Chapter 7 - Study Group
Chapter 8 - A New Goal
Chapter 9 - Midterms
Chapter 10 - Bad News
Chapter 11 - The Trial
Chapter 12 - Silver Lining
SS.1 - Growth (Horikita)
Chapter 13 - A Break
Chapter 14 - Deserted Island Exam (1)
Chapter 15 - Deserted Island Exam (2)
Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Exam (3)
Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Exam (4)
Chapter 18 - Deserted Island Exam (5)
Chapter 19 - Deserted Island Exam (6)
Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Exam (Finale)
Chapter 21 - A Day Off
Chapter 22 - Zodiac Exam (1)
Chapter 23 - Zodiac Exam (2)
Chapter 24 - Zodiac Exam (3)
Chapter 25 - Zodiac Exam (Finale)
Chapter 26 - Sazae-san Syndrome
Chapter 27 - The Beginning
Chapter 28 - A Leader
Chapter 29 - Ability
SS.2 - Behind a Mask (Kushida)
Chapter 30 - Investigation
Chapter 31 - The Renegade
Chapter 32 - The Show Begins
Chapter 33 - Challenges
Chapter 34 - Dirty Tricks
Chapter 35 - Breakpoint
Chapter 36 - Farce
Chapter 36.5 - Small Talk
Chapter 37 - Collapse
Chapter 38 - Negotiations
Chapter 39 - Elites
Chapter 40 - Resolve (1)
Chapter 41 - Resolve (2)
Chapter 42 - Paper Shuffle
Chapter 43 - The Changing Class D
Chapter 44 - Proposition
Chapter 45 - A Warning
Chapter 46 - Indignity
Chapter 47 - Vengeance
Chapter 48 - The Cunning
SS.3 - A New Goal (Sakayanagi)
Chapter 49 - Pursuer
Chapter 50 - Unexpected Coincidence
Chapter 51 - A Club Members Duties
Chapter 52 - A Senior's Wish
Chapter 53 - Setting A Stage
Chapter 55 - The Pain of Hope
Chapter 56 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 57 - The Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 58 - Dread
Chapter 59 - Bloom
Chapter 60 - Preparation
News
Chapter 61 - Initiation
Chapter 62 - A Good Gift
Chapter 63 - A Christmas Date? Pt.1
Chapter 64 - A Christmas Date? Pt.2

Chapter 54 - The Final Act Begins

1K 57 18
By kinato_

"It's pretty late for a meeting at this hour, don't you think?" I directed my question to Kiyotaka.

After the antics from Ryuuen early today had calmed down, all the students went their separate ways.

I assumed someone would reach out to me to discuss the events that transpired, but the person I least expected to put in the extra effort reached out to me.

It wasn't too long after we all had split off that Kiyotaka had messaged me privately to meet with him in his dorm room later that day.

I presumed Kiyotaka was a messenger for Horikita to discuss everything that had happened today.

"Do you want any tea? Or something to drink?" Kiyotaka offered.

"A glass of water," I replied.

Kiyotaka wandered into his kitchen quickly, just out of my line of sight, but instantly returned with my water.

"So, what time will Horikita be here?" I asked.

"She wasn't invited," Kiyotaka replied as he grabbed a chair to sit across from me.

"Huh, I totally thought you were her messenger. I never expected you to set up a meeting in the first place: seems out of character for you."

"This meeting should be kept between us two. Not involving Horikita would be for the best."

I raised an eyebrow curiously in response.

Not involving Horikita? Up until this point, Ayanokouji had always used Horikita.

That being said, he would use her as a decoy to stay within the shadows whenever he made a move.

But he hasn't openly separated himself from Horikita like this to me. Or exude this level of confidence I'm feeling from him now.

"I have a feeling where this conversation might be going," I said.

"It's about Ryuuen and his recent antics, especially today."

"What about it?"

"I think it's fairly obvious to everyone now that Ryuuen is suspicious of a master puppeteer within Class D's shadow. Someone who isn't as open as yourself or Horikita."

"I can agree with that."

"Recently, he's implored methods of intimidation and stalking to near his goal. With a select few students grabbing more attention than others."

"From what I've heard, Hirata, Yukimura, Akito, and even yourself have been the essential targets of his plan."

"Unfortunately, that is true. Considering the events today, it looks like Ryuuen has also narrowed down his targets even more with his analysis of Kouenji."

"So what does that mean for you? There are other people on his list, but you still seem to be a major focus of his."

"You noticed that too?" Kiyotaka asked.

"Indeed, especially of how wary he is when he's around you. You don't carry a 'special' presence like Kouenji or a dominating one like Ryuuen himself. But he always seems to be on guard, or curious, when he's around you."

"So," I continued. "What are you going to do about this? It doesn't seem like you'll be able to hide for too long."

Kiyotaka leaned back in his chair for a moment as he silently stared toward the white roof of his dorm.

"That's what has me vexed currently. Considering what Ryuuen might do for his next uproar."

"What do you really mean by that? Do you not know how to prepare for his next move? Because if that's the reason, I'm sure Horikita and I could help you-."

"That's not it," Kioytaka cut me off.

"Then what's the matter. Why do you need to talk to me?"

Kiyotaka reached into the pocket of his blazer and pulled out his phone.

After fiddling around with it for a moment or two, he flipped the screen around in my direction.

I took the phone from his hand and analyzed the photo he was showing me for a minute.

"What's this supposed to mean?" I asked.

"I've had some contact with Ryuuen through a burner account, and shortly after the results of the Paper Shuffle Exam, I received this photo."

This photo was a clear message from Ryuuen to 'X'. Evidence that he was closer to reaching his goal than ever.

It was a photo of Karuizawa Kei. A close friend of mine. And it confirmed my suspicions of Kei being a close associate to the man sitting across from me.

"It's a clear warning that he knows Kei is a close person to you. Which makes Ryuuen ever so closer to discovering your identity... But could I ask: how long have you been collaborating with Kei?"

"It started on the cruise ship exam. That's when our 'relationship' began."

"How exactly did that happen? Because Kei doesn't seem to be the type of person to willingly work under someone. Not without compensation... or other means."

"You may know Kei superficially, but I understand her far more than you. She acts like the strong leader of the girls within Class D, but behind that mask is a scared and broken parasite."

"What do you mean?"

"She needs a host, someone to depend on, a person to provide for her so she doesn't have to herself. Before, it was Hirata, providing her a sense of security and status. Then me. She jumps onto the host who will benefit her more in the long run. But for her to do so, I needed her to fulfill a role only she could do for me. I wasn't going to make this a relationship with no benefit for myself."

"I see..." I rested a hand on my chin in thought. "I've noticed her acting out of character recently. And her change of attitude toward you. But I never had concrete evidence of you two working together. I applaud how well you cover up your trails."

"But I believe you're bothered by this situation with Ryuuen and Kei because if you do decide to act, you abandon a peaceful life that you so desperately seem to want. And by playing into Ryuuen's hand, you forfeit that entirely, am I right."

"You understand the gist of my dilemma."

"But have you ever considered that by coming to this school, you forfeited the right to a peaceful life since the beginning?"

Kiyotaka stayed quiet for a moment, giving more thought to my question and his circumstances.

"You can't have a 'normal' life within this institution. I doubt even a person like Yamauchi will lead a 'normal' life in this school."

"I understand," Kiyotaka finally replied. "Ryuuen plans to make his move tomorrow, on the last day of the second semester."

"How do you know that?"

Kiyotaka grabbed his phone from me and opened up a message for me.

It was a message from Kei, explaining to Kiyotaka that Ryuuen asked to meet with her on the roof near the end of the day.

"That could mean a multitude of things," I stated. "But following Ryuuen's behavioral pattern, I doubt it means any good for Kei."

"I agree," Kiyotaka said. "I believe he will use her history of bullying to blackmail her into giving up information about me."

"Bullying?" This was something new to me.

"It was my card in getting her to cooperate with me. I used a group of Class C girls to corner her into a nostalgic situation. Where her true fear and mannerisms were put on display. It was a debilitating moment for her, but it was far easier to bring her under my wing than under normal circumstances."

"So you used her trauma from her past bullying to get her to cooperate with you while offering her 'salvation' in a way. And now Ryuuen's going to use that same method to blackmail her into revealing who you are."

"From what I can gather, yes."

"Does Kei even know you are the person Ryuuen's searching for?"

"Not necessarily. I have alluded to it before, but never outright told her I was the one pulling the strings from the shadows. Your plans and skills have helped to deter everything away from me until now."

"So, what will you do then? Kei seems like a useful tool for you thus far. I doubt you'd want to give it up so easily."

"That's where you are wrong," Kiyotaka spoke. "I've broken my ties with Karuizawa. I no longer need her for my own sake. I'll still protect her as I promised, but I don't need her anymore."

"Shouldn't you be considerate about what may happen to her, though, if you never show up to help her, given her background?"

"Is a person considerate when they step on an ant? Do they mourn the loss of a fellow creature or move on with their day?"

I paused for a moment before answering. "They'd simply move on."

"That is what I am doing," Kiyotaka replied. "That phase of my life is over now. I do have a promise to uphold of keeping her safe, but that's only if Ryuuen plans to harm her."

"Hmm... I'm inclined to believe that, but I have a feeling you'll intervene. I think you're using this situation as a catalyst to make Kei more dependent on you in the future. Sure, your goals may have changed for now, but who's to say those goals won't be your main objective in the future."

"You're more perceptive than I thought, Akio."

"I'll ask once more then, what will you do now?"

Ayanokouji took a moment to deliberate before answering. "I'm considering my options."

"Fine," I responded, putting my hands up in defeat as I got off his bed. "I'll leave it at that. In the end, it's your decision, no one else's."

I walked toward his dorm entrance and put my shoes back on, sensing that our conversation had come to an end.

Before I stepped out of his room, I offered him some of my own input.

"We may not know anything about each other, Kiyotaka. Hell, we may not even trust each other, and our friendship could be nothing more than superficial. But I'll be there to help you, no matter what your decision is. I have my own personal grudges in this match to fulfill too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Karuizawa Kei, POV)

My time to meet Ryuuen-kun was almost here.

I shakily pulled out my phone to check the time once more.

1:40 pm.

The bell for dismissal had just rung. The class was dismissed early today as a reward for the students reaching the end of the second semester.

I took a quick peek from my phone to the man sitting in the back of the classroom.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

The person I had grown closest to in these past couple of months at school. It was a harsh and rocky path, and he used me as his tool for most of the journey.

But...

We had been doing well as a team so far, and I must admit it was fun going on 'stealth' missions for him.

Now that sense of excitement is gone, though.

It was whisked away from me as suddenly as it was given to me.

Randomly, last night, he told me he wouldn't need my services anymore. That he would still uphold his promise to me, but we wouldn't be partners anymore.

That was a sudden shock for me. I didn't know what to say or how to process it. Even now, I still don't know how I should exactly feel.

Happiness?

Displeasure?

Abandonment?

I messaged him last night about the message I had received from Ryuuen-kun. But all I got was a read message.

He wouldn't break his promise to me, right? He's a person that would stay true to his word?

Ayanokouji didn't seem to have a care in the world as I quickly studied his face. Continuing life as if nothing happened.

I let out a quiet sigh. Thinking about it, after all we've done together, I still have no clue as to who he really is.

He's only given me vague hints as to what he truly is that seem to always go over my head.

Nonetheless, he has a promise to keep. So he will come.

I packed up my supplies and started to walk toward the destination for my meeting.

Will he keep his promise, though?

How do I know he will? I barely know anything about the guy in the first place, so how should I know if he'll keep me safe?

My feet seemed to be getting heavier to carry with each passing step, like walking through fresh concrete, as I slowly made my way to the roof's stairwell roof.

What if he leaves me?

What if he doesn't show up when I need him?

Those doubts kept flooding my mind with each passing second.

I turned back around to look down the hall I had just walked.

"Maybe... maybe I can ask Akio to help me with this," I muttered under my breath.

Yeah, that was a good idea. Akio would definitely hear me out and make sure nothing bad happened.

He's a great guy, I'm sure he'll help...

No...

I can't do that to him. As his friend, I can't involve him in these shady affairs.

He's probably under a lot of stress being our class's leader already. And with that interview for the student council, I heard about weighing down on him too.

It wouldn't be right to involve him in matters like this. He's done more than enough for us already.

Besides, I highly doubt he would be violent against Ryuuen-kun if it came down to it.

I turned back to face the stairwell to the rooftop and started to climb the stairs.

It took me some time, but I made it to the meeting spot on time.

A tall, muscular man was guarding the door to the rooftop.

"Ryuuen-kun asked to meet with me."

He peered at me through his pitch-black shades, and with a low grunt, he opened the door to the rooftop for me.

Closing it behind me as I walked through.

"Yo, Karuizawa."

I looked at the voice calling me.

"I'm so glad you could make it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN's:

hello all hope you are well

why does school gotta get in the way of what's important. like apple facts and this book, i didn't even remember to title the last chapter till a few days ago lol

anyways, i thank you all for the continued support on this book it means alot :)

APPLE FACT: 

Did you know apples were the favourite food of the Greeks and Romans?

i must be descended from them lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.9K 30
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a mysterious individual. Despite being at the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School where you can get any job you...
298K 9.3K 93
Fukazawa Yato is forced to go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. Even if he had no motivation to go at the beginning, that wi...
15.5K 325 6
Disclaimer:- * English is not my native Language *Classroom of the Elite does not belong to me.. *Its just a fanfiction, and all the characters of...
25.5K 668 6
𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝘼𝙮𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙠𝙤𝙪𝙟𝙞 𝙆𝙞𝙮𝙤𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙖 × 𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙬𝙖 𝙆𝙚𝙞. 𝑨𝑼 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 | 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝑶𝒇...