AOT ~ The Lash Out of the Yea...

EuphoriaStar9Z által

Axl Lexxa Yeager, twin little sister of Eren Yeager, and the daughter of Dr. Grisha Yeager and his wife, Karl... Több

1. The calm before the storm
2. Town next wall
3. Think a training is hard? Try losing...
4. Graduation? Checked! ... Future? Loading...
5. The past isn't always behind us...
6. It's a cruel world, don't you think?
7. Downhill
8. Rebirth
9. Human or Titan ?
10. On my signal !

11. Humanity's weapon

34 4 2
EuphoriaStar9Z által

~ Icon : Battle of Trost District, Part 7 ~

Trost Distict... Year 850. The sight of Eren Yeager activating his mysterious Titan power was nothing short terrifying  in the eyes of his fellow soldiers. Forced to advocate their own innocence, the twins and his friends were eventually saved by Dott Pixis, the chief executive of the southern territories.

Axl's P.O.V.

- I'll do it! I'm not sure whether I can or not, but I'll do it! Eren tells Commander Pixis with a motivated and serious tone.

On the side, Mikasa, Armin, and I stare at my brother, speechless. I know Eren is a stubborn one and likes to show everyone that he can do things, that he is strong, and all... Sometimes, I wonder if it is to compete with Mikasa as she has a certain strength that rare other people have. She's amazing. But this time, it's serious. It's not a ridiculous fight that we have had with the thuds back in Shiganshina. Our lives, our friends' lives, the soldiers and thousands of innocents lives are at stack. A real, smart, cautious, and rational plan has to be executed. I'm proud of my brother. Nothing has changed from my point of view, even after discovering what he can do. Changing into a Titan... It's never seen before, but that's what he is. It's part of him. I do have my own specialty too after all... But Commander Dott Pixis probably shouldn't have asked Eren to do this. I really, really believe in my twin brother, but the plan is just too risky. We don't know anything yet about this Titan Power. Eren doesn't even know how he uses it... And without forgetting what could happen to us later. What will happen to him after he plugs the hole? And to me? To Mikasa and Armin?

Excellently said! You have a heart of a lion! The Commander exclaims, patting my brother's shoulders before standing up. A heart of a lion... Or a death wish.

I glance at Mikasa, seeing how upset she is. She doesn't want Eren to do this either. Or at least, she doesn't want him to go alone. She wants to protect him at all cost...

My eyes move to Armin who seems just as shocked as we are. It's true that Eren didn't even hesitate to answer Dott Pixis... He wasn't too sure at first, but once the Commander asked him a second time, he didn't hesitate to accept the demand from the man. I can't help but to wonder if it's a mistake or not...

Commander Dott Pixis walks over the edge of the wall, looking towards where all of the soldiers are standing. They've been waiting for what probably seems like hours to them. What is he doing?

- Staff officers, assemble! Prepare to strategize! Commander Pixis shouts to everyone standing inside the district. What!?

- What? Is he serious? I hear Armin asking with a surprised tone. Calling this plan "optimistic" would be an understatement. How can we just go ahead with it? He asks, sounding confused as he looks at the man. 

I look down as I remember Eren's titan plugging the hole. It was... either a dream or a hallucination or a vision... Whatever I am supposed to call those. I have no idea what they are, all I know is that they started from one day to another and they happen all the time. But will it really happen this time? What if it doesn't? There's always this doubt... Everything can go wrong at any time. There's so much at stack... God, and that headache pounding. Ugh!...

- I agree with you, Eren suddenly says which brings the attention of the three of us. But it's pointless to question his decision. I'm sure commander Pixis can see something we can't, he tells me with a calm tone as he stares right before him, where the hole is located.

- Something we can't see? I repeat my brother's words. Eren looks at me and nods.

- Besides, there's probably a fundamental issue to deal with before executing the plan. I'm sure the Commander is fully cognizant of that, Eren adds, keeping his calm and serious tone. The Commander is a smart man. Maybe a little bit crazy and has another vision of this world that we are living in, but he does seem to know what he is doing. I don't know what happened when I fainted. I don't know what Commander Pixis did or said so Commander Woermann stopped his plan to kill us four, but it must have been pretty smart and convincing. The Titans aren't our only enemies, Eren suddenly adds, causing Armin to gasp, surprised. Not our only enemies? What or who else then?

As weird as it may sound, what Eren said about the titans not being our only enemy doesn't sound as crazy as it could be. The titans are in fact our enemies, but could there be something else? Could someone be behind all this? Or something? We know so little about the titans to be fair... There's so many questions that stay unanswered.

- Time is of the essence, I turn around to discover Commander Pixis and a few soldiers facing us. Oh... Eren stands up and the four of us face the Commander and his soldiers. We have a role for you to fulfill, young soldiers, he tells us with such confidence. The Commander has led a lot of battles. He may have lost a lot of soldiers but he never gave up. Is that a good enough reason to trust him? Probably not... Do we have a choice? Definitely not.

Jean's P.O.V.

All soldiers are waiting on Commander Dott Pixis to tell us what to do. Honestly, that man is crazy. Sealing the hole? How? That's impossible! The Commander has seen what those things can do and yet, he keeps going. What is wrong with that man? Does putting thousands of lives and his own at stake please him? Jeez...

Down here, the crowd of soldiers is silently waiting for the orders. Yet, despite the silence or the bare whispers, I can tell what everyone thinks quietly. LEAVING. Everyone wants to leave, to go back to their family. They don't want to stay and sacrifice themselves, and they're right. What the Commander is asking us is just insane. We better run straight to a titan, offering ourselves to them so they can devour us...

- A plan to recapture Trost District?! I hear one of the soldiers exclaiming with disbelief.

- You're kidding me! What are the higher ups thinking? Isn't entering Trost district just suicide? Questions, another soldier, clearly not in favor of the Commander's plan.

They're all fearing. They're all confused and scared. The situation is just so strange... And with Eren and his Titan Power... His secret won't stay hidden very long. Some people have already mentioned it here... How can he hide this now? How long has he been hiding it anyway? He fooled us all...

- But all we can do is defend Wall Rose's gate since the hole can't be sealed... Damn, are they that starved for glory? To be forced back into that hell... I hear Dazz whispering as he glares at the ground. This Hell... Even Hell is probably much more welcoming than this life. No one ever thought during their training period that being a soldier would be so... Turbulent, to say the least. No, I don't want to die!! Let me see my family! Dazz suddenly starts yelling, causing me to gasp. I watch the guy holding his head in between his hands as he looks completely anxious to go back on the field. One of us tries to quiet the soldier, but this one is too overwhelmed.

- Hey over there! I heard you! One of our higher ups yelled at Dazz! Oh damn... Are you planning to abandon your duty?! He asks the soldier with a mad tone.

- Yes, that's right! There's nothing to be gained from this mass suicide mission! Dazz exclaims, not even hiding his thoughts. He... He actually made his decision. He has seen enough...

- How dare you make a mockery of mankind and order?! I'll have you know I have the authority to execute you on the spot! The high up soldier replies as he begins to take out one of his blades. Execute us... As if the titans killing us wasn't enough as a threat, not our own kind wants to take us down just for refusing to fight?

- Fine by me, Dazz replies as he takes his own blade out and holds it to the man. Huh? I look at him with wide eyes. He isn't serious... Is he? Leaving to go home, okay, but losing his life... That would be a hundred times better than getting devoured by a titan, he says to the man, speaking with a small voice. He has completely given up..

One of the soldiers tries to calm him down, but Dazz begins to scream again, losing it against his own emotions. Damn... Everyone is going to hear him. That cause a panic among the soldiers... Given the situation, it's not surprising that people lose it. With everything they've seen... Everything they should have never seen. Damn!

- I also want to die on my own terms, I hear one of the girl soldiers saying. I look at her, watching the fear flashing in her eyes.

- Hey, you two! Exclaims, another soldier. It's a man with a deep voice. Frightened, the girl apologizes to him, tears coming up in her eyes as her voice begins to shake. Oh come on... Let's not start a fight together. Do it, the man suddenly says. Huh? Do it? Make a real scene. With as many people as you can. Many of us in the Garrison aren't in agreement too. We'll take advantage of the chaos and escape! He tells us with a slight rushed tone. He wants everyone to rebel... Go against the order... Escape? To go where?

- Where would you go then? I ask him with a confused tone. Wherever we go, the titans will be there. Or at least, they'll eventually find us in the end... The man looks up at me.

- I'll go see my daughter! This wall won't hold for long either after all, the soldiers respond with a serious tone. He isn't all wrong... I could go back to my mom and live my peaceful life as I used to. But that wouldn't be right, would it? I'd be a coward like all of those who flee from war. But I would live at least, not like those idiots thinking they can win...

Eren's P.O.V.

- It's said that before the titans claimed dominance of the land, mankind was locked in endless bloody battles over differences in race and ideals. Supposedly someone then said, "If something beyond man appeared before us as a powerful foe, mankind will take up arms together in unity." Commander Dott Pixis tells me as he and I are walking alone on top of the wall. Axe, Mikasa, Armin, and some other soldiers stayed behind, waiting for orders. This whole situation has to be taken seriously, and that's what I'm doing. Because of me and my powers, thousands of lives can be saved. I have to try and save the world. I have to take revenge for mom. I have to protect my sister, Axl, and my friends, Mikasa, Armin, and everyone else. It's my duty as a soldier. What do you make of that? Commander Pixis asks me.

- There's a legend like that? Well, it seems rather optimistic. Doesn't interest me, though, I seriously reply to the man. I never heard of that legend, but if he said it, it must be true.

- Your character's quite cynical, muck like myself, the Commander says with an amused tone as he laughs out loud. Am I?

- It's hard to say that humanity is united, I reply to the man.

- True, that certainly needs to change. Otherwise, it'll be difficult to continue fighting, he tells me as we reach some other soldiers. True... And that'll be a disaster. The soldiers are keeping the cannons in case we have to fire. Mr. Hannes is here. I haven't seen him for a while... Well, before all this started. I'm glad to see he made it.

The man with blonde hair, Mr. Hannes, seems to be surprised to see me walking behind the Commander. Yet, he looks relieved to see me. He probably thought that I was dead, like many other soldiers who lost their lives. He has to stay focused on the mission.

Using the army sign language, I tell him to stay focused on his mission and not get distracted.

Mr. Hannes' P.O.V.

I'm glad to see that Eren is safe. I'm sure Axl, Mikasa and Armin are safe too. Though, I'm surprised that Eren is following Commander Pixis. What is that man doing with the kid? What's his plan? And why is Eren doing this sign language to me? Why is he telling me to stay focused on the mission? That's not a way to talk to his superior...

Axl's P.O.V.

- I don't like this, I hear Mikasa telling Armin and I.

I have to admit that I don't like it either. One, because my twin is not with us anymore, but at the opposite with Commander Pixis. Two, because of what he is asked to do and there is a 50/50 percent of chances that he makes it. Three, because I still don't feel well after my fainting. I'm tired and my headache isn't going away...

- If the Commander is giving this mission to Eren, he must know what he is doing. He wouldn't give it to him without thinking this twice, Armin calmly responds to our friend. I'm not too sure what to think of Commander Pixis' decision. All I know is that we have to go along anyway... Though, there's something that I can make on my own terms.

- I have to tell you something, I whisper to my friends. Both Mikasa and Armin face me, waiting for me to continue. I think... I, hum... I begin to say as I try to find my words. Even for me, it is hard to say it out loud as I don't know if what's happening to me is what I think.

- It's okay, Axl, go on, Mikasa tells me with a calm tone. I nod as I take a deep breath in and out.

- I think I have a problem... Both of them look at me with wide eyes, looking concerned. I keep... fainting or seeming to daydream and... Whenever it happens I see those things, I admit to them, struggling to express what I'm trying to say.

- Axl, you probably hallucinated things when you had fainted but... Armin begins to tell me with a soft voice, trying to comfort me.

- I'm not crazy, Armin! I exclaim seriously, interrupting him. I'm being serious here. Whenever I have those blanks or whenever I faint, I see things. Things that happen later, I confess to my friends. When I talk about it, I probably sound scared. I actually am. I don't understand what is happening to me. Why do I see those things? Am I going crazy?

- What kind of things? Mikasa asks me, looking worried for me.

- The Colossal titan appearing again, soldiers fighting, people dying, that man with icy blue eyes, Eren plugging that hole... I tell them, trying to remember everything that I "saw" so far. That makes no sense. This is so confusing to me... How does it even start? Why causes them?

- You saw Eren plug the hole? Armin questions, interrupting me. Both of them look at me with wide eyes.

- Yes... I whisper as I see them glancing at each other. A silence takes place between us three. They look so surprised that they seem to forget my feelings towards those awful moments. But... I am really scared for myself. Is it wrong? What if one day I don't wake up from fainting? Guys... I call them with a sigh when a sudden loud voice gets our attention.

- ATTENNTIONNN !!! I hear Commander Dott Pixis shouting from the top of the wall. What?

Jean's P.O.V.

- I will now elaborate on the plan to recapture Trost District! The objective of this plan is to seal the hole in the destroyed gate! I hear Commander Pixis shouting from the top of the wall.

All heads are turned towards the man, all eyes on him. The crowd became so silent when he started shouting. But that atmosphere just got more intense. The fear running from each other... It just amplified.

- Seal? I hear Marco whispering. Is that even possible? he says with a doubting tone. Sealed the hole... What kind of plan is he involving us in? I know he is the Commander and can take any decisions he wants but, isn't this one crazy? Out of mind?

- I will now explain how we intend to seal the hole! Belonging to the Training Corps, cadet Eren Yeager! The Commander tells us, introducing our comrade. Eren...

- E-Eren! Connie exclaims with surprise. Cadets from the 104 Training corps all look dumbfounded at the Commander and Eren standing by his sides.

- He is the product of a successful top-secret Titan transformation research! He is capable of generating a Titan's body and moving it according to his will! Commander Pixis shouts from the top of the wall as no soldiers dare to speak up. Except one...

- Is the Commander making absolutely no sense right now, or am I just stupid? Connie questions us all, confused by the man's words and the situation.

- Shut the f*ck up, stupid! I hear Ymir responding to our friend. She doesn't look at him. She doesn't even express any emotions. Wow, she's tough... She's always been expressionless. Or maybe she is indeed emotionless.

- In his Titan's form, he'll lift the large boulder in the vicinity of the front gate! Carry it to the destroyed gate and seal it! Your duty is... to protect him from other titans until he's moved the boulder! He explains the plan to us, still shouting from the top of the wall. Protecting Eren so he can seal the wall... Is it an even more suicidal mission? Eren was the one protecting us when he was a titan. He helped us reach HQ.

And why reveal to everyone what Eren can do? Transforming into a Titan... Won't that scare the soldiers even more?

Axl's P.O.V.

While Commander Pixis is shouting what the plan is to all soldiers standing in the District, I am standing next to Armin and two soldiers of the Garnison. Despite my weak feeling and that headache, I manage to follow both conversations. The one from the Commander and what Armin is suggesting.

- There's no need to fight the titans? One of the two soldiers asked him.

- I-I'm sorry. As a recruit, it's no place for me to say anything, Armin quickly apologizes, thinking he said something wrong. I look at my blond friend before glancing at the two Garnison soldiers. They seem intrigued by Armin's words.

- Forget that. Continue explaining, the man seriously tells him. Armin glances at me and I nod, telling him to keep going. The boy nods positively.

- Titans generally attack in response to larger groups of people, so if we could take advantage of that and act as a bait to group them close to the wall, I believe we could keep them away from Eren with minimal contact overall. Furthermore, the baited Titans can later be taken care of with cannons, preventing any unnecessary casualties. However, we can't just leave Eren unguarded, so I believe we should have a small, elite squad escort him. All that said, we cannot avoid fighting the Titans that enter through the hole. It'll be up to the abilities of the elite squad at that point, I listen to Armin explaining his plan to the two soldiers. I don't know how he thinks such great plans all the time. Who would have thought to take us as bait to attract the Titans to one side of the town while Eren carries the boulder? I doubt many would have come with this plan. I wouldn't...

- Okay, understood. Let's plan using that as a basis, tells the man, agreeing to Armin's words.

- But this plan assumes that Eren can reliably carry the boulder and seal the hole. I'm hesitant about carrying out the plan with that uncertainty in mind, Armin adds, sounding unsure of himself suddenly. Well, he isn't all wrong. Even though I did see Eren carrying it and sealing the hole, it doesn't mean he will manage to do it. There again... I doubt what I saw. What if they were right when I told them? What if I just hallucinated it just because I wanted to see it?

- True, there's something to be said about putting soldiers at risk. When the foundation of a plan is anything but reliable. But Commander Pixis' reasoning is valid as well, the man replies with a serious tone. He puts his trust in the Commander. He believes in him. I wonder how many years he has been fighting alone on the Commander's side.

- Right. We also need to worry about time, the second soldier, a woman, tells us. Even as we speak,  the Titans  continue to invade. As more make their way into  the town, recapturing it will be impossible, she points out. Oh right... There's so much to think about.

- Not to mention, the chance that Wall Rose is breached increases, the man responds, crossing his arms over his chest.

- And lastly, there's a limit to how long people can act with fear as their driving force, she says with seriousness as we all look at her. The fear... Who isn't scared right now? I'm the first one to be scared. But right now, I can't tell if it is the Titans or myself that is scaring me more...

I have this ball of nerves that just won't leave my body. My chest feels like it is barricaded with a shell made of fear and confusion. I'm just so lost. I know I do see things whenever I faint, but that's not like I can help anyone. I can't do anything about it like Eren does with his power. Besides, I need to understand it first... I need to understand who I am, what those visions are, what causes them or what happened to me. I didn't have them before, why did they appear so suddenly? And, why me?...

Jean's P.O.V.

A lot of whispering is circulating in the crowd while the Commander has taken a pause in his speech. Using Eren as our weapon... That's totally crazy! What is he thinking?... But could it work? If the Commander is willing to try, does that mean we have to blindly trust him? If we refuse to go along with the plan, does it mean we are cowards? What would people think of us if we refused to fight? Those questions could be questionable if we actually had the right to refuse to fight...

- You're lying! I won't risk my life for a retarded reason like that! What do you think we are!? We're not disposable blades, you know! Dazz suddenly yells at the Commander so he will hear him from down here. I look at my comrade with surprise.

- "Human weapons" he said. That's obviously a lie! Making fools of us... I hear another one complaining. OH, this isn't going to go right... Soldiers will either do a rebellion or leave. What would actually be the best to do?

- They're telling us to die here today. I'm out of here! Exclaims, a soldier in front of me before he turns around and begins to leave. What? The two girls that were standing next to him nod at each other before following his steps. Damn... They're really doing it...

A lot of soldiers start to follow those three, refusing to put their life in danger. The plan that Commander Pixis gave us clearly didn't convince them to keep fighting. It actually discourages them even more. They don't believe in him and his plan. Or they simply don't believe in Eren... Right, what should I do then? Should I turn around and leave as well? Make sure to live a peaceful life while waiting for the titans to eventually come for my village or should I stay and fight at the risk of losing my life?

As the soldiers decide to leave one by one, I hear all of them complaining, expressing how upset they are with that plan.

- Leaving is a capital crime! I hear one of the soldiers screaming at Dazz. Dazz turns around, pushing him away from him.

- I'll be spending the last moments of mankind with my family! Dazz screams at the man, eyes filled with tears. With his family... Mom... Maybe I should do the same?... But who would protect her if I don't try fighting the Titans? I can't count on anyone but me for that.

- I hope you've said your prayers, traitors! I suddenly hear someone yelling in the crowd. I look on my right and see Commander Woermann grabbing his blade before running towards all of those who are leaving. I will hack you down where you stand! He shouts at all of those soldiers. Wow, is he really going to...

- Heed my command! All attention is turned back to Commander Pixis still standing on top of the wall. Those who desert us now will be pardoned! Once a man surrenders to their fear of Titans, they are no longer fit for battle! Those who experienced that fear are free to leave! Furthermore, those of you who want your parents, siblings, and loved ones to experience that fear for themselves may also leave! He shouts at the top of his lungs. Mom experiencing this pain and fear if I leave... No. Unthinkable. I can't let her experience it. Oh damn it! Why is it so hard? The Commander has good and strong arguments to convince us to stay. A lot of soldiers walk back, joining the crowd once more. They changed their mind and decided not to leave... Let us think back to four years ago. Recall the plan to recapture Wall Maria. Though I presume you all know this without me having to say, the plan itself sounded glorious, but in essence, it was a way to rid ourselves of the unemployed that the government was unable to support! The only reason why everyone maintained their silence was because we managed to survive within these confined walls thanks to their sacrifices! All of mankind bears that sin, including myself! Because the inhabitants of Wall Maria were few in number, the conflict did not escalate. But what about now?! If Wall Rose is breached, reducing the mouths to feed by a fifth won't suffice! Not even a half of the remaining population can be supported within only Wall Sina! Should mankind cease to exist, it would not be because we were all devoured by Titans! We humans will be our own end! We mustn't die within narrowed walls! I implore you! Die where you stand! I listen to Commander Pixis shouting from the top of the wall. His words are echoing so strongly. No one is even whispering anymore. He is good at doing speeches... Too good. And most importantly, he has faith in humanity. He faced a lot of defeat, saw a lot of his soldiers die under his command, and yet, he still believes we can win against the Titans. That's strong!

Eren's P.O.V.

The Commander is strong at choosing his words to make his speeches. Yet, I don't know if I can carry the boulder with my Titan power. Still... I understand my role. I might be a fake, but even so, I have to make this succeed. I have to do it for humanity, but more selfishly, I need to do it to protect my twin baby sister and my friends. I... Have to become... everyone's hope!

Commander Pixis' P.O.V.

- It seems we're all here, I told my three most skilled soldiers, Riko Brzenska, Mitabi Jarnach, Jan Dietrich. You just have one mission. Act as Eren Yeager's guards and eliminate any risks that present themselves along the way. It's the most dangerous, as well as most difficult, mission of the plan. It would be no exaggeration to say the fate of mankind rests on your shoulders, I tell my soldiers, wanting them to be aware and prepared for what's coming. This mission is something that never happened before. Protecting a titan... If someone had told me that one day we would be protecting a titan instead of killing it, I would have never believed them.

- Commander, may I ask something? Riko asks me. She seems to be holding something that bothers her mind.

- What is it? I question back.

- Is the supposed "human weapon" truly capable of this? She questions me, clearly doubting the plan. Or in the boy...

- Stop, Riko, Jan whispers to the girl. Mmh...

- You're doubtful too, aren't you? She asks him, not keeping her tongue in her mouth.

- Commander, this plan is dependent on a clearly vague factor, Eren Yeager. If he's not capable, many soldiers will die meaninglessly, Mitabi tells me, sharing his fear against the plan. They are doubtful or hopeless? I can't tell anymore..

- How troubling. Are you all that fond of losing to the Titans? I ask them, causing the three soldiers to gasp, surprised. I, for once, am not. I hate losing more than anything. But contrary to that, I've continuously lost all my life, I turn around and look at the destroyed town. All of those houses were ruined because of the Titans... I want to defeat the Titans. Win against those blockheads. No matter what it takes, I tell them my wish, hoping this time will be a win.

- Th-the same goes for us, Riko replies.

- Then what choice do we have but to bet on him? That clearly vague factor you spoke of is our sole chance of defeating the titans, after all, I seriously say, cracking a smirk. No matter all the doubts my soldiers have, I believe in this plan. We will be winners in the end.

- Commander, it's almost time to execute the luring plan, one of my soldiers informs me. Time is precious. All right, let's get started on this mission.

- Jan Dietrich, Riko Brzenska, Mitabi Jarnach. You've all proven to be elites amongst elites in the Garrison. I entrust mankind's future to you, I tell my three best soldiers.

- Sir! They say in unison, doing the soldier salute.

- Jan, take charge of the squad. I leave all field decisions to you, I say to my soldier, giving him all power for a moment.

- Are you sure? With my abilities... Jan replies, doubting himself. This mission is a hard one, but I know he has the shoulders for it.

- Fear not. You know your liquor. You can distinguish the high-quality from the cheap. I leave it to you, I repeat myself, boosting the man.

- Sir! He says, doing the salute.

Axl's P.O.V.

- Eren? I call my twin big brother, placing my hand on his arm. Eren turns to me, losing his attention on the Commander and the elite soldiers of the Garrison regiment. He looks worried and nervous, but focused on his mission. Look... I start to say.

- I'm not changing my mind. I'm doing it, he tells me with a serious tone.

- No, I... I just want to make sure you're okay doing this and... I take a pause as my brother lets me speak up. All I'm trying to say is, be careful, E. This Titan power is still so mysterious and you don't know anything about it, I tell him with a concerned tone. I'm scared for Eren. He has such a heavy responsibility on his shoulders. Can he carry it? What I saw, was it real? Or should I say, will it be real? Will he manage to plug the hole in the gate?

- I will, Axe. Don't worry for me, he replies before turning back to the Commander. Oh... He is so focused that he doesn't even ask... I sigh and walk around my brother to stand before him. Confused, my brother looks down at me. I took him in my arms, hoping it would take the fear away. Axe... He calls me with a surprised tone as he wraps his arms around me.

- I'm scared, Eren. I don't want to lose you, I whisper, admitting my fear.

- You're not going to lose me, he says, sounding so sure of himself. I nod as I pull away. Eren glances at my face as he seems to be looking for something. I got scared you might have been crying, he says with a reassured tone. I crack a smile but this one fades rapidly.

- Eren, there's something I want to tell you, I began to say to my brother, which made him look worried for me. Well, I couldn't give him anything else, I am worried about myself. I open my mouth to speak up when I get interrupted.

- Eren, I'm sorry. In the end, I made you bear all the responsibilities, Armin apologizes to him sincerely. He sounds like he is blaming himself for what Eren has to do now.

- Remember what I said? You have the ability to seek out the right answers. I'll bet on that, my twin brother responds to our best friend. Armin nods before he glances at me. I crack a smile as I can't bring myself to show a bigger and brighter smile. Armin, could you let me have a minute with my sister? Eren gently asked him. My brother speaks so calmly and softly compared to usual. He is more serious than usual... Armin nods understandingly before walking away. Eren faces me again. What did you want to tell me? Are you hurt? He asks me, sounding worried for me.

- No, no. My head still hurts but nothing more, but... That's not what I wanted to talk about, I began to tell him, reassuring him on that side. At least... You know I've been fainting a lot lately or... having blanks, I say with a small voice, almost whispering as if I didn't want someone to hear me.

- Yeah, I've noticed. Are you okay? What causes those absences? He replies, crossing his arms over his chest as he looks at me with a serious and concerned look.

- I don't know what causes them but, every time I have one of those, I see things. Things that happen later, I admit to my brother, feeling nervous. I just hope he won't think I am crazy or that I hit my head hard somewhere while fighting earlier.

- What do you mean, sis? He questions, confused.

- For example, when the Colossal Titan appeared again, I saw this happening a moment before it did. I didn't say anything because I thought I was just having a bad memory from five years ago. Same with... With some soldiers fighting and you lifting that boulder and plugging the hole in the gate, I admit to my brother, looking behind him where the boulder is. Eren looked at me with confusion before surprise took over him.

- You saw me plug the hole in the gate? He asks, unsure of what he heard.

- Yes, but... What if you don't? What if I'm crazy? I ask him, feeling scared of myself. God, I never thought that one day, my own self could scare me more than the titans...

- Axl, I can shift into a titan. Who's the crazy one here? Eren replies with sarcasm, yet, a serious tone. Mmh... He isn't wrong. I crack a smile but don't nod to his words. My brother isn't crazy or a monster. He is just a boy with a special power that remained unknown to all of us, even to him, until today... Look, just be careful with those sort of... visions. If you happen to faint during a fight, it could be dangerous. Actually, I think you shouldn't go on the field, he tells me seriously. What?

- What? Yes, I should... I start to respond, disagreeing with him.

- I would never pardon myself if something happens to you while I am away, Axe. Who would protect you? What if no one sees that something happened to you? What if you die eaten by a titan while having a blank or fainting? Or what if you fall and hit your head? Eren asks me, sounding more and more worried for me. I look down as I listen to my twin speaking up. I can't protest... He isn't wrong. I know he isn't... But I am a soldier and I trained for many years to become one. I can't just give up like this. I don't want to go in the fields, picking up the vegetables... Axl... He calls me with a desperate tone.

- I'll be careful. I promise. I will make sure to stay surrounded so someone can see me if something happens to me, I tell him with a serious tone, hoping he won't worry so much about me. hoping he won't tell anyone about it only to stop me from going on the field... Eren stares at me, unsure. I promise, I repeat seriously. Eren continues to look at me intensely, doubting my words. Sadly, he might be right to doubt them...

- Eren, I should come... We suddenly hear Mikasa saying as she and Armin approach us.

- You're coming with me, Eren cuts her in mid-sentence. Mikasa gasps, surprised by his sudden upset tone. You were assigned to the luring unit. Period, he tells her a bit harshly.

- But... I can't leave you alone. If you're alone, you'll... Mikasa tries to speak up, trying to share her thoughts, without Eren interrupting her.

- Cut it out already! I'm neither your little brother or a kid! And you're not my mother! He exclaims with a slight harsher tone.

- Eren! I call him with a warning tone, grabbing his sleeve to pull him back. My brother looks down at me before looking away, upset. Poor Mikasa, she just wants to protect Eren... We all do.

- Ackerman! The four of us turn around to face one of the best soldiers from Commander Pixis' squad. You'll be part of the elite squad guarding Yeager. We need your skills, he tells her, making Mikasa's eyes sparkling again. It's like she forgot what Eren just told her seconds ago. I know a boy who won't be so happy... You too, Yeager number 2, I look at the soldier, surprised.

- Me? I question, pointing at myself.

- Yes, we need you both to be part of it, he adds seriously. Let's go. Time to move out, now! He exclaims with seriousness. Oh, we're not wasting time...

Eren, Mikasa and I all start running, following the soldier that came to us. As for Armin, he began to start running the other way around. I know we will meet again. None of us will die today. It's not our time. At least, I hope so... What I hope the most is that vision I had of Eren plugging the hole. I really hope he will make it. But if he does, what will it mean for me? What will all of those visions mean? Who will I be? That will question my whole self...

Two more soldiers join us in our run on top of the wall. A girl with short hair and glasses and a man with hair flipped back. 

- He called you a top-secret "human weapon", but sealing that hole is all I care about. I'll protect you with my life. It's up to you! I hear the first soldier saying, understandingly he is speaking to my brother. At this moment, I just realized that no one's life matters except Eren's. Until today, all soldiers' life were important. Life is important. But Eren's... They use him as a "human secret weapon" meaning he is more important than anyone else. That's never seen before... I love my brother to death, he is my other half and I'm happy to know he is more than well protected at this moment, but that isn't fair to the rest of us...

- Sir! Eren exclaims.

- Eren, are you okay? Mikasa asks him, sounding concerned for him. I mean, my brother himself doesn't know if he can make it. He only said he will try... Eren... She calls him again as Eren just ignored her.

- How many times do you want me to say it? You just go do your job and I'll do mine, my twin brother harshly replies back to Mikasa. I look at him with a frown, displeased to hear how he speaks to her. She only wants to protect him... Like we all do. She cares about him too.

- Quit playing house, Yeager! The woman soldier with glasses warns my twin. Oh... She's clearly not playing around.

- To think we have to entrust the fate of mankind to a spoiled brat like you! The man with flipped back hair speaks up. I look at him, upset. We are everything but not spoiled kids...

- Without being rude or disrespectful, sir, if you have another plan that could save everyone and that doesn't involve a "spoiled kid" like you defined my twin brother so well, please, speak up and tell us, I reply to the soldier as I give him a cold look. I see the anger flashing through his eyes as he looks clearly displeased by my words.

- That's enough, all of you! The first soldier screams as he is still leading the way. We're approaching the route to the boulder! I look on my right and notice the boulder he mentioned. That looks much bigger than what I remember... How is Eren going to lift this thing? From the looks of it, there are no titans. Seems like everyone successfully lured them off.

- Let me tell you something, Yeager, I look at the woman soldier, at the same time as Eren and Mikasa. She sounds very serious. In all likelihood, no small number of soldiers will lose their lives executing this plan. All for your sake. They're our fellow comrades, seniors, and juniors. Naturally, as soldiers, we're all prepared to die anytime. But you know, they're not ignorant pawns. They have names, families, and all the emotions associated with them. Alyosha, Dominic, Phine, Isabel, Ludwig, Martina, Guido, Hans... They're all humans with blood running through their veins. There are also some whom I've been with since my Training Corps days. Today, many of them... Will likely die for your sake. You have the responsibility to not let their sacrifices be wasted. No matter the odds. Carve that reality into your naive heart and fulfill your duty with your life, she says to my brother, speaking with a serious but calm tone. She has a point... Newbies or experienced soldiers will most certainly die today, only to protect Eren so he can try and plug that hole in the gate... Now the pressure is at its maximum level...

- Ma'am! Eren says, understanding the meaning of her speech.

Eren's P.O.V.

I'll do it! I'll make sure we succeed! It's just like Commander Pixis said... "Ever since the Titans appeared, mankind has not once claimed victory over them. For every inch the titans advanced, we retreated in kind, continually giving up territory! However, when this plan succeeds, mankind will recapture territory from the titans for the first time in history! That moment will mark the first time mankind has triumphed over the Titans! Compared to all that mankind has lost this far, this may be overwhelmingly insignificant. However, despite that to mankind, it will be a great advance." The Commander is right. It will be a first and I will make sure it happens!

- It's here! Let's go! Screams, the first soldier as we reached the place where the boulder is. That's where I start my mission!

Reaching the sport, the woman soldier shoots in the air, diffusing green smoke. The green signal. All soldiers further will see it and know that we made it to this point so far.

Flying through the streets of the abandoned and ruined district. I make my way with the ODM gear, almost going full speed in the air. I am so focused on my mission, it can't fail. I can't fail! Throwing my body towards the boulder, I do a flip in the air, biting my hand at the same time. Let's do it!

Axl's P.O.V.

I cover my eyes as Eren transforms into his Titan's form. It's very impressive how bright the light is when he transforms. I felt the ground shaking as the Titan landed on the ground. Smoke mixed with dust and dirt is flying in the area. It's blinding.

Standing next to Mikasa, I watch my brother roaring in his Titan form, expressing his anger and his power. I cover my ears as the roar is too loud. I can feel the vibration in my body. It's a bit too strong for me... A wave of dizziness hits me as my headache is amplifying each minute.

I lose balance, falling on Mikasa. She catches me, looking worried.

- You're okay? She asks me with concern.

- Yeah, I... It's my head. The roar Eren just let out was a bit too strong for my head to handle. But don't worry. Nothing to be alarmed of, I reply, cracking a small smile. Mikasa nods, despite not being convinced by my words. Eren was already not up for me to be on the field after what I said to him, I can't Mikasa be on his side too. I'm a soldier, I have to fight too. I have to be by their sides. From a human's standpoint, it's unthinkable to carry a boulder of that size. But I'm sure Eren has a strong power that can guide us, I say to my sister of heart, quickly changing the subject. Mikasa looks back at Eren's titan. His back is facing us.

Despite her silence, Mikasa seems to agree with me. No one could ever carry such a boulder. It's way too massive. What if his titan can't support the weight?

I was so focused on how Eren would make it, lost in my thoughts, staring at that huge boulder, that all that got me out of my thoughts was when Mikasa grabbed my arm and pulled me roughly with her. My feet left the ground until I felt my body collide with something hard. Wow... Damn... Why is everything wobbling so much? My head didn't hit anything. 

- Axl?! I hear Mikasa calling me. I look at her, unable to answer. Axl! She screams my name. What? Why are you screaming? Oh...

Heyy guys!! How are you? 😁New chapter is out and so much has happen to the twins, Mikasa and Armin again.. But first of all, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas!! 🎄🎁 Have a nice holiday guys!! 🥰 What did you think of this chapter?

- What did you think of Axl?
- What do you think of Eren having to execute this mission? Will he make it?
- Was the Commander right to let Eren use his power to plug the hole?

Thank you for reading this new chapter!😁 I apologize for the mistakes!🙈 Please, feel free to vote and comment!🥰 See you next chapter!😘

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.4K 41 25
(y/n)'s life changed the day wall Maria fell. She lost everything. She almost lost her life. If Levi wasn't nearby she would have. She resents him fo...
998K 28K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
108K 2.8K 29
Completed! Six years ago, Carla Jaeger fell into a medical accident and was sent into a coma. With no money to pay her bills with, her son, Eren Jaeg...
49K 1K 19
Cursed with a troubled past that was forgotten, (f/n) (l/n) thought she lived a normal life, a life everyone had to live through. A life where they w...