Beginning Of Love (Completed)

By lemonmintdrink

#2 Book of Arranged series. This is not a standalone story. Be sure to check out the first book of the serie... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
Chapter 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
Chapter 22.1
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
Chapter 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27

Chapter 9

158 11 17
By lemonmintdrink

Khushi's POV

Arnav interpreted my train of thoughts as he touched my feet. My body gets cold every easily and today was no exception. My senses were heighted as he kept rubbing my feet trying to warm me up. Goosebumps everywhere.

I followed Arnav's trail of sight as his eyes spied on my gift, that was wrapped in purple shiny paper, since purple was his favourite colour.

"That's for you." - I told him.

I watched as Arnav tore my delicate gift wrapped like a kid on Christmas morning. I guess the curiousity got the better of him.

He smirked as he read my note - "Try to not miss me. I know I will."

Yep, I got him a stuffed peach plushie. I realize that it's super cheesy especially given the fact that it's his nickname for me. I also got a smaller version of same for Scooby.

As I watched Arnav staring and smiling rather silly at my plushie, several thoughts were running across my mind. Was the gift so stupid? Say something. God, it's such a silly gift. What was my brain thinking when I bought these plushies. Not wanting to get teased about it, I quietly got up and was about to tip toe away from him. The keyword being about to since the next minute Arnav pulled me closer hugging my waist and held me tightly.

 I felt his breathing get calmer which was in total constract to mine, since my heart was in a F1 race of its own. After an eternity, he made me sit on the sofa and went to the bedroom. Yep, that's my cue. Maybe I should hide in the bathroom and calm my freaking heart down. Why is it listening to me? CALM DOWN, YOU STUPID HEART!!

Just when I felt that my heartbeat had soothed down, it started to pick up when I watched Arnav walk towards me, holding a rather poorly wrapped box. I will give him full marks though since afterall it's the thought that counts.

"For you." He told me and I watch him make himself myself comfortable on the sofa, trying to catch my reaction.

"You didn't have to." - I told him, carefully unwrapping the gift wrapping.

He got me chain pendant set with pendant resembling Scooby. Such a thohghtful and cute gift.

I was struggling to put on the chain since Scooby was jumping up on me and so he helped me put it on.

"You like it?" - He asked me,as if my face was not already screaming of happiness

I nodded and replied, "I love it, thanks!"

"Promise me that you will take good care of yourself." - he told me and rattled off some instructions. I literally felt like my dad sending me off to hostel, giving me all the set of rules and precaution. And gave me the glare I would give my dad whenever he would get super overprotective and also rolled my eyes, even I have got my ears twisted for doing that by my dad multiple times.

"Yes father. I will take good care of myself." - I couldn't help but reply.

"Let's take a picture, real quick." I said.

I may have accidenltly grabbed him by the neck and struggled a bit since he was a taller than me. However, as we took around 3 selfies, Scooby jumed on back on my back and so, now Arnav was literally holding the weight of both me and Scooby .

That night, both Arnav and myself didn't sleep a wink. I don't when I end up sleeping. I wanted the night to last longer. I wanted to savor this moment. I won't see him for another 6 months. 6 freaking months. In my stupid brain, I thought if I didn't sleep, time would stop. Only if it were true.

(Next morning)

Everything was packed and all set to go. Maybe I could fit Arnav into one of my trolleys and I could take Arnav with me to London. But, my man is taller and won't fit into my trolleys, as much as I want to.

On a regular day, time would literally move like a snail and when I want it to slow down, it was racing like F1 match. And time just raced past us and now it was time for us to start to the airport where our parents would be meeting us.

We didn't want to leave each other. I was about to tear up when Arnav gave me a bear hug when we stepped out of the house. I quickly wiped my tiny tears by the corner of my eyes and distracted myself to Scooby, so that Arnav doesn't realize that I am crying. Luckily, Scooby too did his part by enjoying my pets and belly rubs and being the main character energy. He was one dramatic queen.

As Arnav drove our way to the airport, I was in my dad mode checking if every document is present in my bag. I hope that I didn't forget anything but it's too late to ponder now.

There was little traffic ahead of us and my hair was not coperating with me, today of every day. And so I had to pull my hair into a pony tail during which I caught staring at me from the corner of my eye.

Arnav asked -"Is it possible to miss someone even when they are sitting right next to you?"

"Yeah, I guess it is" - I replied

He reached out to my hand, "Then peaches,I miss you a lot."

I kissed him just before getting down to meet our parents at the airport. Oh god, I am already missing him. How am I going to survive six months without him.

Between his parents and my parents, I feel like we hardly got a moment to ourselves although I did give Arnav a good hug. In fact, I hugged everyone especially my dad. I am pretty sure that my dad is going to go into super protective bear mode and I can't bear it. Taking a deep breath, I made myself into the security gate, waving one final wave to our family.

As I watched the city fade away from the window of my plane, I just hoped to myself that I enjoy this and have no regrets.

(Next day)

I had just checked in to our hotel in London and my phone literally fell off the table, from all the notification and the vibrations from it.

I just wanted to sleep off the jetlag and not check the messages but I had to inform my family.

I found Arnav's message too, from 10 mins ago.

Arnav - "Safely reached?"

Khushi - "Just landed, but forgot to pack my heart with me. Take care of it."

Arnav -  "Take care of mine, peaches!"

I quickly messaged my dad that I reached safely and have checked into the hotel.

(Next day)

Arnav to Khushi: Howdy partner!!

Khushi : I miss him already!

The next month saw many things and taught me many little lessons.Mainly that Arnav doesn't miss me at all and seems to be enjoying his life to the maximum, without me!! And here I am, mopping miserably for that ass!

I sent my photo of my breakfast to my dad, or else that man would literally fly to London and check up on me. I decided to send the same to Arnav. What's the harm in that?

My dad replied with his usual thumbs-up emoji. So much for an update.

And Arnav, in true Arnav-fashion of being late, replied almost ten hours later. Honestly, I can't blame since it was work day and he must have been busy in the hospital.

He sent me a picture of his lunch. And his Rajma chawal looked so good. I want one plate, please!

(A week later)

After my training, I found myself reading up to message from Arnav.

'Someone ate a bee and we are at vet.'

Khushi - 'WHAT WERE YOU DOING WHEN HE ATE THE BEE?"

I replied -"Take care of my baby. Tell him that mommy misses him so much"

Arnav - "only him?"

Khushi - "among others."

I am not going to admit it out loud first!  Tell me that you miss me, so that I don't sound like an idiot.

(A few days later)

Some of my work friends and local colleagues decided to roam around the streets and having just rained a few minutes, the weather and lighting was too perfect, not to click pictures.

I sent the picture over to Dad and Nk.

My dad, in his usual fashion, used his trusting 'thumbs-up' emoji while Nk gave me his breakup news.

How dare he break up with Lavanya. I have literally planned their wedding and even named their kids.

I ended up chewing Arnav's ears about the whole breakup for good 30 mins and later apologized since I felt bad for troubling him, so late at night but he consoled me saying that he didn't mind.

(That night)

Khushi to Arnav: Having peach mocktail!

Arnav's reply made almost immediately - I rather eat my peaches!

Is it just me or my mind can't think straight? Does he mean literally or figuratively? Where are my thoughts going tonight?

I couldn't message him for the rest of night, since I had no reply to that!!

(A month later)

I looked at my phone, which is ringing with Arnav's name flashing as the caller ID.

Upon answering the call, all I wanted to ask him was - text me. My mouth is tired from all the talking I did. My presentation went for around 4 hours and my mouth hurts from all the talking. Also, I hate talking on the phone. I would rather text.

Khushi - "Why do you insist on calling me when you know that I hate talking on the phone??!"

Arnav, with Scooby next to him - I'm guessing from the heavy breathing in the background -"It's more fun this way. Don't you think?"

I replied, undressing my work clothes and changing into home clothes- "Not for me,just text me..."

Arnav -"I just wanted to hear your voice. I love hearing you talk."

And I have officially forgotten the alphabets.

I ended up hanging the call , blushing and fully embrassed down the phone.

Can someone teach me words again?

(A few days later)

Khushi to Arnav- Happy Valentine's Day

Arnav : WTF GAVE YOU FLOWERS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY?

Khushi: I bought it for myself

Arnav: okay

Okay, I lied! One of my colleagues gifted it to me for the occasion. But he meant it as a friend. I didn't want to tell Arnav and cause unnecessary jealously.

I am surprised that Arnav believed that I bought myself flowers, given my dislike for flowers and the fact that I would rather spend that money over chocolate. At least my belly would be happy in that.

Payal's POV

For Valentine's day this year, Akash got us two bouquets of white roses, which are my favorite. One little bouquet for our baby and a larger bouquet for its human incubator viz me.

I joked that my gift had been delayed and that it should be arriving in 8 months' time.

Akash too joined the humor and asked for its receipt and on whether they would be returned.

Chapter inspirations

Date published - 23/09/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 29K 93
"love never fades" it can't not be forgotten or erased lucky are those who's love is by there side . unlucky are those who have to live there lif...
21.4K 1.1K 21
Two idiots find love in arranged marriage. That's it. That's the story. Adaption of my story- Unexpected love into IPKKND universe.
273K 13K 41
A story based on the characters of Indian TV series Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Not related to the series, so can be read as an independent story too...
53.6K 3K 23
A blissful marriage between two individuals who already lost so much in life.. will their past allow them to lead a peaceful present... An Arshi love...