DRAGONS HEART. daemon targa...

By aaronhtchnrs

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON / your lips, my lips apocalypse book 1/1 ©-aaronhtchnrs More

DRAGONS HEART
ACT ONE
GRAPHICS.
1. the dragon and the stag
2. rose necklace
3. teasing a rogue prince
4. being a woman
5. give me a minute to hold my girl
6. my heart will never feel
7. threats have been made
8. sacrifices for consequences
9. weddings with no love
10. robert hightower
11. the rogue prince daemon
12. should i stay or should i go?
13. ceremony of chaos and corruption
ACT TWO: the rogue prince's claim
14. busy bees and perfect kids
15. the wishing well
16. bigger than the whole sky
17. the art of choosing
18. additions and plans of death
19. the vultures have risen
21. the first betrayal
22. the black queen
23. the end is here

20. pity partys in flames

3.9K 237 9
By aaronhtchnrs

CHAPTER TWENTY

ROSEVA descended down the steps to the throne room, her children and husband walking down beside her and joined the rest of their family who were already situated on the right side of the hall as the others stood on the other side.

She could feel her Otto and Roberts eyes on her for different reasons but she looked at neither of them. Otto then looked at Robert but the boy merely glared at him. He was sitting on the Iron Throne as Hand of the King — it was the closest he would ever get to it again for as long as Robert could help it.

As they walked past, Daeron glared at Vaemond — the boy looked at him with disgust and annoyance and Vaemond glared back with the same expression.

Rose met with Rhaenyra and the pair smiled at each other before she met the eyes of Alicent who stood with her children, her eyes lingered on the Queen for a few moments before looking away.

"How long until we start?", Roseva asked her husband as she walked into his arms. His hands slid around her waist as he stood behind her, her back to his chest.

"Not long hopefully, I'm fucking bored already", Daeron beat his father to the answer. Daemon shook his head with a smirk at his sons words but Roseva was not impressed.

The woman then turned to look around the room, she could see Laena's daughters with Rhaenys who stood in the middle of the hall looking undecided but didn't show much emotion to the matter.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds", Otto started and Roseva looked right at him now — refusing to be scared of him. "We gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters".

"Can someone shut him up", Rhaena whispered and Rhaegar slapped her thighs with his book making her glare at him.

"The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon". Vaemond then stepped forward at the Hands words, not without casting a glance towards Rhaenyra and Steffon with a smug look.

Vaemond begun walked to the front and began speaking, "My Queen. My Lord Hand. The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies. House Velaryon has rules the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing they were to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name. I have spent my life on Driftmark defending my brothers seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins".

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon", Rhaenyra defended immediately not looking at the man who was getting on her last nerve. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant it's rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition—".

"You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra", Alicent cut the woman off with an exhaustive expression. "Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard".

Vaemond turned to Rhaenyra again and Roseva narrowed her eyes at him, "What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognise it".

Rhaenyra scoffed and looked away, Steffon rubbed her back softly but kept his hand on the hilt of his sword, as did Rewan from beside Robert.

"This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours", Vaemond continued before looking at Lucerys who looked back with a thick swallow, feeling nervous, "My Queen, my Lord Hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation of the survival of my house and my line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor . . . the Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the Tides".

"Thank you, Ser Vaemond", Otto nodded and the man stepped back to his side of the room. "Princess Rhaenyra, you may now speak for your son, Lucerys Velaryon".

Rhaenyra looked to her husband before rubbing her belly and walking forward, "If I am to grace this farce with some answer. I will start by reminding the court that nearly twenty years ago, in this very—".

Rhaenyra was cut off as the doors swung open, Roseva turned to see them reveal the King Viserys holding his cane. Her lips parted in shock, she turned to her husband who also seemed shocked as he looked at his brother in curiosity.

"King Viserys of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals, and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm", the Kingsguard spoke loudly. Daeron raised an eyebrow and nudged Roberts shoulder who looked back at his brother with a smug grin — knowing if Viserys was here it was to defend his daughter.

The King stepped down the narrow steps and took his time walking towards them, half his face was covered in a golden mask with a crown on top of his hairless head — the cane hit the floor with every small step he took that eventually led him to his daughter at the front.

Rhaenyra gave him a shocked half smile as she recalled begging him to help her, and he was.

He continued walking forward, back hunched over and brushed away any guards who'd try and interfere every time he stopped to take a breath.
When he reached the stairs of his throne, Otto stood at the bottom of it now, "I will sit the throne, today", he turned his head to Otto, the man bowed his head and joined his daughter who has closed her eyes.

Viserys heaved himself up every step, groaning each time, the crown slipped off his head, making him stop, the clatter sent a silence through the room. Daemon let go of his wife gently and walked forward and grabbed the crown, he inspected it for a moment before helping his brother up onto the throne and placed it on his head with a bow.

"I must... admit... my confusion", Viserys begun, once he sat up properly, looking at them all. "I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled succession. The only one present... who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys's wishes is the Princess Rhaenys".

Heads then turned to the women, "Indeed, Your Grace", she stepped forward then — she had the power to finalise any decision that was going to be made. It made them all nervous.

"It was ever my husband's will that Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his trueborn son... Lucerys Velaryon. His mind never changed. Nor did my support of him. As a matter of fact, the Princess Rhaenyra has just informed me of her desire to marry her sons Jace and Luke to Lord Corlys's granddaughters, Baela and Daena. A proposal to which I heartily agree".

Roseva smiled gently and looked to Rhaenyra who nodded her head to Rhaenys in thanks. The woman then turned to see Vaemond's furious face which made her feel somewhat happy.

"Well... the matter is settled. Again. I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon as heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood Throne, and the next Lord of the Tides".

"You break law—", Vaemond seethed once Rhaenys joined her granddaughters. "And centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me . . . who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon".

Roseva held Daeron's hand as she felt him step forward, "Don't", she told him and he huffed but stepped back.

"No. I will not allow it".

"Allow it? Do not forget yourself, Vaemond".

Vaemond turned and pointed at Lucerys, anger in his tone and face, "That is no true Velaryon, and certainly no nephew of mine".

Rhaenyra turned to her son quickly, demanding he and Jace go to their chambers before turning back to the Velaryon man, "You have said enough".

"Lucerys is my true-born grandson. And you . . . are no more than the second son of Driftmark", Viserys spoke calmly. Steffon shared a look with Daemon and the man subtly nodded and handed his sword over to the Baratheon — his was Velaryian steel and would cut cleaner.

Steffon nodded back in thanks and looked to his wife and awaited her signal for whatever she wanted him to do.

"You... may run your house as you see fit... but you will not decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides", Vaemond turned to Lucerys who was now beside Daeron who was now fuming. He pushed the boy behind him and flared at Vaemond. "And gods be damned... I will not see it ended on the account of this—", he stopped short, the word on the tip of his tongue.

Steffon stared him down, "Say it", he egged on.

Silence consumed them as they awaited for words to be spoken, "Her children . . .", Vaemond spoke staring at Rhaenyra, "are bastards!", he yelled. Gasps were made across the room and Viserys sat forward in his seat.

Rhaenyra subtly nodded to her husband and Steffon knew what to do.

"And she is . . .", Vaemond then turned to Viserys as he spoke of daughter, not noticing the Baratheon man shuffle across the room. "a whore".

Viserys attempted to stand from his throne, blade in his hand as he heaved, "I . . . will have your tongue for that".

Cries were heard when Vaemonds head came clean off, his tongue hanging was the only remaining part of it. Alicent and her children back away in shock, blood coated Steffon's shoes as he lowed Daemon's sword.

He looked down at Vaemond as Roseva swallowed harshly, covering Baelor's eyes with her stomach, holding him close to her as Daeron did the same by holding Luke behind him. "He can keep his tongue. Nobody speaks of my wife and her children that way", having to make it clear that Jace and Luke weren't his children even though it pained him to do so.

"Disarm him!", Otto yelled.

Daemon stepped forward and took his sword from Steffon's hand, "No need", he wiped the blood from the sword onto his clothes before moving them both back to their respective places.

Viserys began groaning and slumped into his seat, Alicent running towards him, "Someone get the Maester".

"Father?", Rhaenyra called once her shock of what just happened wore off.

Roseva looked to Robert, "Take them to your chambers and stay there until I retrieve you", the boy nodded and picked up Baelon and told his siblings to follow him.

Rhaena held Rhaegar's hands as the sensitive boy still looked shocked and she guided him with them. Daeron looked to Rhaenyra and waited for her to nod at him to take Luke and Jace to their chambers — he nodded back and grabbed them by their necks and dragged them out.

"Rewan", Rose then called, any awkwardness before was now long forgotten. "Keep them safe".

The man bowed his head, "On my life", he then walked out the room to Roberts chambers where he would stand guard until Roseva and Daemon would come by eventually.

"My Gods", Roseva touched her head. Daemon held her hip with one hand and held his sword with the other.

"That was fun", he muttered and she couldn't help but laugh.

Roseva had retrieved her children once night had set in and they were requested to join the rest of the family for dinner.

Daeron of course, cursed heavily that he didn't want to go but once his mother gave him a sharp look he retreated to his chambers and got changed.

Rhaena helped her brother with his tunic as he had been quiet since the hall, he was the more quieter brother. He didn't like violence, he liked training but when he came to violence he shut down.

"Are you well, brother?", she asked as Rose got her youngest son changed. Rhaegar looked down to his sister and leant his forehead down on hers — the pair closing their eyes.

Rose often said to her husband that it was their way of communicating without saying anything to each other. Especially when they didn't want anyone else to know their secrets.

Rhaena pulled away first and smiled comfortingly at him making him smile back appreciatively. Robert walked in with Rewan behind him, Rose looked at the pair before looking back at Baelon.

She had been meaning to speak with them since the day before when she had caught them but couldn't find the words or time to.

Daemon strolled in with Daeron beside him in his best clothes, "Let's get this shit on the road", he muttered and picked Baelon up from his mother who swatted his head, "Ouch".

"Well deserved", Rose gave him her best mother stare which made him look away and back out of the room calling for the twins which left Rewan and Robert with the married couple.

Roseva had told her husband what she had since when they got into bed and he wasn't at all surprised— he laughed deeply and allowed his wife to snuggle into him.

"Mother, please don't say anything", Robert sighed and sat on the wooden chest at the end of his bed. Rewan shifted awkwardly at the stare Daemon was giving him.

"All I want to say is that you need to be careful, your father and I are understanding but no everyone is".

Robert looked up, "You . . . accept?", he seemed to be shocked by that but he shouldn't of been.

Rose smiled and carefully walked towards her son and cupped his face which made him smile for a moment before shifted the hand away from him. The woman tried not to let her smile fall at the lack of affection her son was giving her, "We do but, Robert, you need to start looking for hands in marriage . . . to women. This cannot last forever, you know this".

"I want to become a knight".

Daemon shifted, "A knight?".

Robert nodded.

Roseva looked to her husband and sighed, "I'll speak with you father about this later. Go on, off to supper". She didn't really know what to say. He couldn't have children if he became a knight but she supposed with his appetites he wouldn't be having children anyway. And she had Daeron that would happily wed anyone she presented him with because he trusted that his mother would find a good match for him or accepted anyone with a good title and reputation that he chose for himself.

She wanted her children to have what she didn't have for a long time.

Love.

She was denied it for so long she had began believing she would never be with Daemon. Perhaps that was also a reason she wanted to throw herself from the King Landing walls during her marriage with Otto.

Robert nodded and left the room leaving Rewan with his parents. The man looked to the woman he respected deeply, "Lady roseva, it was never my intention to disgrace you, i have a lot of love and respect for you. You saved me".

Roseva smiled at the man and gracefully walked forward and held his hands. He had grown far much taller than her and had bulked out massively in his shoulders. To most he was intimidating but to her, he was always the sweet little boy that would join her in her chambers for tea and biscuits as he told her all that was going down in Kings Landing.

"You love my son, you could never disgrace me. You have given me the greatest gift knowing that Robert is happy", she patted his hands and he smiled gently back at her.

"I do love him, he's annoying when he talks a lot but I love him", Rewan joked and Roseva laughed as well as Daemon in the back — the pair were often at the end of Robert's chatting sessions.

"Good", Rose said and allowed him to leave the chambers. She turned back to her husband as he was walking toward her and cupped her tired face in his hands.

"Just as beautiful as the day I met you", he whispered against her lips before kissing them. She smiled into the kiss as her heart bloomed.

He pulled away and fiddled with her rose necklace that he gifted her many years ago and smirked, "Second best thing you ever gave me", she said and he looked back into her eyes.

"What was the first?".

"Your heart".

Daemon scoffed a laugh before picking her up and kissing her softly as she giggled, placing her arms around his neck and kissing him back. "We can't be late, my love".

The man huffed and put her down, stroking her hair back before she took his hand and led them to the dining room.

Rose walked to the right and sat next to Steffon who was next to Rhaenyra. Daemon sat at the end next to Baelon who was next to Robert who was next to Daena who was next to Luke. Daeron sat opposite his father, next to his brother, Rhaegar who sat next to his twin, Rhaena who sat next to Baela who was next to her betrothed Jace. Jacaerys sat with Aegon who was beside his wife, Helaena at the end of the table with Aemond across from Baelon, Robert, Daena and Luke with his grandfather, Otto who was next to his daughter, Alicent who was next to Rhaenyra awaiting the King's arrival in awkward silence. (*authors note — too many kids man*)

The doors opened and everyone stood, Viserys was carried in by his guards, once he was sat everyone else did. "How good it is . . . to see you all tonight . . . together", he croaked out and Rose took a sip of her wine.

Alicent grabbed his hand, "Prayer before we begin?".

"Yes".

"The fuck?", Daeron asked his father across from him who snickered under his breath but stopped when Roseva slapped him and kicked her son under the table.

Alicent then began her prayer, "May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon may the gods give him rest". Steffon bit his bottom lip to stop the smile spreading across his face.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems", Viserys begun and Rose pursed her lips in boredom, "My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Daena, it further strengthens the bond between our houses".

"A toast to them all", Viserys continued and they all raised their glasses.

"Hear, hear!", Daemon shouted and Rose smiled to Luke and Jace who smiled back at the woman. Daeron clasped a hand on Luke's shoulder before messing his hair up.

"Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman", the boys head shot to Aegon who had tried to be quiet but failed miserably in his drunken state. Baela shot him a disgusted look and Rhaena gripped her cup tightly as she glared at the man.

"Let us toast as well Prince Lucerys . . . the future Lord of the Tides".

Daena grabbed his hand that rested on the table, his face coated in a blush when she congratulated him.

"You do know how the act is done, I assume?", Aegon continued, Rhaena looked at him again, "At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that".

"Let it be, cousin", Baela stopped him, uncomfortable.

Though Rhaena had enough and mumbled, "If he doesn't shut the fuck up—".

"Rhaena, please", Rhaegar held her hand that was tight in a fist, not wanting them to fight because Aegon would loose.

"You can play the jester if you wish, but hold your tongue before my betrothed", Jace hissed making Aegon hum and moving away in a disappointment that he didn't fight back the way he wanted him to.

Viserys suddenly began standing, Alicent helping his slightly, "It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world . . . yet grown so distant from each other . . . in the years past".

Roseva looked at him to see him already looking st her before a clatter sent everyone else looking at him to see his golden face off — he turned to face them all with an eye missing, different reactions went around the table Rose simply looked down at her hands.

"My own face... is no longer a handsome one . . .", he smiled a little, "if indeed it ever was. But tonight . . . I wish you to see me... as I am. Not just a king but your father", he turned to Daemon, "Your brother", then Alicent, "your husband", to Daemon and Rose's children, "You uncle", and finally Rhaenyra's children, "and your grandsire. Who may not, it seems . . . walk for much longer among you. Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances. If not for the sake of the crown . . . then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly".

Once he sat back in his chair, breath heavily, his daughter stood, "I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen", Alicent looked up in slight shock as well as Rose after putting Viserys gold face back on, "I love my father. But I must admit that no one has stood . . . more loyally by his side than his good wife. She has tended to him with . . . unfailing devotion, love, and honour. And for that, she has my gratitude . . . and my apology".

Alicent shifts in her seat and stands once the princess sits back down, "Your graciousness moved me deeply, princess", she then looks to Rose who looked her way, "We are all mothers. . . and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow", she stands then, "I raise my cup to you and to your house. You will make a fine Queen", the woman then looked behind Rhaenyra to Rose, "And to you, mother. Who I owe the biggest apology for how I have acted. I am . . . most ashamed and wish for your forgiveness".

Rose contemplated for a moment before standing with a smile, "You have it. As well as my apology. No mother should ever choose between her children. It's something I regret deeply and hope you can forgive me".

Alicent smiled and nodded before they both sat down. "Well shit", Daeron muttered and took a sip of his wine.

Chatter conducted itself around the table as music began playing, Aemond looked up with one eye to look at Robert who was helping his youngest brother with his food.

The boy had hated Robert for six years now, wondering why he couldn't stick up for him like he had done. He lost an eye and Robert could have defended him but he didn't.

But watching the boy with his brother made him realise that it was because Robert loved his family, he barely knew Aemond. He had no loyalty to him. It made him see more clearly but he couldn't help but still fill the sense of revenge that costed his blood like a thick layer of snow, icing his heart every time he thought about Robert Hightower and Lucerys Velaryon.

Aegon coughed and stood up, walking up to Baela as he filled his cup of wine again, he looked to Daeron who he hasn't spoken with yet, "Daeron, are you well?".

Daeron looked up from his cup and looked at him with a bored expression, "I don't have the energy to pretend to like you, you're cunt that's it".

Rhaegar tried not to laugh as he scolded his brother, "Daeron!", the boy merely looked back at the twin and shrugged.

Aegon huffed and leaned down to Baela and muttered, "I regret the disappointment you are soon to suffer. But if you ever wish to know what it is to be well satisfied, all you have to do is ask".

Jace slammed his fist on the table and stood making eyes turn to him. Aemond stood as well — himself and Jace stared at each other before the latter held up his cup and hit Aegons shoulder gently, "To Prince Aegon and Prince Aemond. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth".

Daeron raised an eyebrow and held back a snicker at his blatant lie. "And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your families good health, dear uncles", everyone raised their cups to that but there was still tension in the air.

"To you as well", Aegon said defeated.

"I would like to toast to Baela and Daena", Helaena stood. "They will be married soon. It isn't so bad. Mostly he just ignores you . . . except sometimes when he's drunk".

Daemon shook his head and looked down at his wife who looked at her empty plate and rubbed her shoulder. Dread set inside his daughter, Rhaena, and she looked to her order brother. Robert too looked away from his mother with concern in his eyes and reassured Rhaena with a look he knew she would know.

That he, mother and father would never let her wed someone without her and Roseva's choosing — a promise Daemon bad made six years ago.

"Let us have some music", Otto clapped when the awkward silence began setting in.

Jace stood at once, whispering to his betrothed, "Excuse me", before walking around his chair towards Helaena and held his hand out. The girl took it and Jace led her to the floor and began dancing with her.

Rhaena smiled and turned to her twin, Rhaegar rolled his eyes and held his hand out for her to take and she grabbed it eagerly and dragging him to the floor and joined the pair in their dance.

Rose and Daemon watched them with a smile before Steffon nudged her and gave her smile. She smiled at him and passed him some food that Rhaenyra asked her for.

"This is lovely, you should try it", Roseva passed some meat to her husband on her fork and held it to him. He opened his mouth and ate some and chewed before nodding in approval. His arm wrapped around the back of her seat and rubbed her shoulder unconsciously making her smile and rest her hand on his thigh as they continued eating.

Otto and Alicent clapped to their dancing, smiles upon their faces too. Robert looked at his father with an absent look on his face wondering why he couldn't show that love and affection towards him when he had the chance to make things right at Laena's funeral.

Perhaps he wasn't good enough.

His eyes then shifted to Aemond who was staring at him making Robert look down in shame. He hadn't known what went wrong from there but Viserys was then carried out of the room and Aemond's fist connected with the table as he stood from his seat — the music cutting out and the four on the dance floor stopped moving.

"Final tribute", he raised his cup again, "To the health of my nephews: Jace, Luke and Joffrey. Each of them handsome, wise...".

Rhaenyra watched him with a hard look whereas Alicent bit her knuckles — Aemond's face held for a moment like he was debating something before he deciding to speak, "furious"

"Aemond—", Alicent went as Rhaenyra turned her head with a fed up look. It was the Baratheon motto, we are the fury. It was an insult to the bloodline of her children.

"Come . . . let us drain our cups to these three . . .", Aegon instantly held his cup up as his brother continued, "furious boys".

"I dare you to say that again", Jace quipped and Aemond turned to face him with a smug look, hair flowing behind his back.

"Why? 'Twas only a compliment", the pair began walking closer together. Roseva watched knowing what was to happen as did Daemon and nudged her cousin who glared at Aemond, "Do you not think yourself furious?".

Jace snapped at that and punched Aemond in the face, his head turning smoothly as he grinned back at Jace. Rhaenyra and Steffon stood and called for him. Daeron laughed im his cup but stopped when Luke got up to defend his brother but Aegon grabbed a hold of him and slammed his face into the table making Roseva gasp and stand.

Daeron growled under his breath and stood fast before Rewan who had been watching could even move a muscle, his chair falling behind him as he made a beeline to Aegon and grabbed his hair harshly. The boy screamed in agony and let go of Luke — Robert stood and brought Luke to his side as they watched Daeron turn Aegon and head butt him in the face sending him to the floor with a bloody nose. "Pick on someone your own size, filthy cunt".

"Daemon!", Rose turned to her husband and the man stood and pulled the children away from each other with the help of Steffon.

"— Though it seems my nephews aren't quite as proud of theirs".

"Wait! Wait!". The man turned and tilted his head at Aemond with a sigh. The boy stared at his Uncle for a moment before humming and striding out of the room.

"Go to your quarters", Rhaenyra spoke to her children, rubbing her belly softly. Rose joined her side quickly and looked at her own children before saying, "All of you go, now. Rewan, please escort them". The man nodded and led them all out of the room.

Rose looked to her husband and sighed, he held her hip and planted a kiss on her head before following them. Otto looked down at the sight of them in disgust but neither gave him any attention.

Steffon stood behind his wife and cousin as Alicent approached them, "Rhaenyra. Mother".

Rhaenyra joined her as did Rose, "It's best, I think, if we go back to Dragonstone"

Alicent grabbed her hand, "You've only just arrived".

Rose watched them with a fondness she hadn't felt since they were children and would share stories together in Godswoods — Alicent worrying about the book Rhaenyra had ripped up and the latter not caring at all, just wanting to spend time with her friend.

It was much simpler times.

Rhaenyra looked down as did Alicent before the former nodded, "Let me see the children home. I'll um . . . return on dragonback".

"We both will", Rose stepped forward and held Alicent's other hand and the two women smiled.

"The King and I would both like that", Rhaenyra shared one more smile with Alicent before walking away. Rose cupped Alicent's cheek and kissed it gently before doing the same.

Leaving the Queen in a cheerful mood that would soon be replaced and she made the decision that would bring the House of the Dragon tumbling down.

And this time . . . Roseva wouldn't forgive her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.3K 88
"Brother. I have some conditions before I agree to this union. They are non negotiable." 🐉 King Viserys Targaryen lost his wife in child birth and...
8.4K 536 5
𝐌𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐕𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐧𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝, 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞...
143K 4.8K 28
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞...
102K 3.7K 29
nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝒜s...