DRAGONS HEART. daemon targa...

By aaronhtchnrs

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON / your lips, my lips apocalypse book 1/1 ©-aaronhtchnrs More

DRAGONS HEART
ACT ONE
GRAPHICS.
1. the dragon and the stag
2. rose necklace
3. teasing a rogue prince
4. being a woman
5. give me a minute to hold my girl
6. my heart will never feel
7. threats have been made
8. sacrifices for consequences
9. weddings with no love
10. robert hightower
11. the rogue prince daemon
12. should i stay or should i go?
13. ceremony of chaos and corruption
ACT TWO: the rogue prince's claim
14. busy bees and perfect kids
15. the wishing well
16. bigger than the whole sky
18. additions and plans of death
19. the vultures have risen
20. pity partys in flames
21. the first betrayal
22. the black queen
23. the end is here

17. the art of choosing

4.7K 292 82
By aaronhtchnrs

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

ROBERT LIKED HIS NEPHEW. Aemond Targaryen was everything he admired — he was knowledgeable and took things that were out of his normalcy in a mature way despite his senses telling him to gouge someone's eyes out.

Aegon however, Robert didn't like. He made people feel uncomfortable, he was rude and he smelled like wine and dirt — never a good combo in his opinion.

Robert expected many things, he had a gut feeling when something bad was about to happen — he couldn't place it but he felt it now. He sat up in his bed and looked over to the other small beds where his siblings were sleeping with tired eyes.

He never expected Daena and Baela to come into their chambers with Jace and Luke and pull him from his bed in hopes that Robert would be the one to reason with his nephew — oh how wrong they would be.

Aemond walked in with a new found confidence, it reeked off of him like wine reeked off of Aegon. Luke tried grabbing his older brothers attention by asking what had happened and why they were in the cave but the two girls pointed to the Targaryen, "It's him".

"It's me".

Robert would have been proud of his nephews reply had he not stolen the dragon Vhagar from Rhaena — who was meant to bond with the dragon after the passing of her mother.

Robert thought it was rude.

"Nephew, I think you should apologise to the Lady Rhaena", Robert tried to calm the situation and Aemond turned to him.

Aemond had heard things from his mother about Robert, that he was a master in sword fighting as he tried with Daeron a lot and having Daemon as a teacher did them favours. The boy noted that his mother seemed to adore her brother a lot, it must have been hard for her to have an absent father and brother. But Roseva never kept them apart before she moved away but even then Alicent and Robert exchanged friendly letters to each other now and again over the years.

It made Aemond look up to Robert through the words of his mother. He wanted to apologise and he went to but the girls were angry.

"Vhagar is my mothers dragon".

"Your mothers dead". Robert turned to Aemond in shock as he spoke, "And Vhagar has a new rider now".

"Aemond—".

"She was mine to claim".

The Hightower boy looked between the two with a tired expression and placed a hand on his hip and watched them argue.

"Then you should've claimed her!", Aemond yelled in frustration before his face went dark, "Maybe your cousins can find you a pig to ride. It would suit you".

Before Robert or Aemond could register, Daena stomps forward with a yell and grabs a hold of him but the boy is quick to register and pushes her to the ground causing her sister, Baela, to retaliate with a punch to the face.

Robert gasps and lurches forward and holds Baela up when Aemond spins and punches her in return, "Come at me again and I'll feed you to my dragon!".

Jacaerys pushed his young brother to the side and came for Aemond, sending punches that the Targaryen continued to miss he sent a sharp kick to Jace's stomach sending him to the floor.

Robert looked between the children frantically, "Stop this! Stop this at once!". His words fell on death ears when Lucerys screamed and ran forward but he was only small therefore Aemond sent a hard punch to his face before pushing him to the floor alongside his brother.

Robert watched Aemond fall with a thud when Jace got up — the two girls and himself ran forward and beat up the boy on the floor. Robert went over to help Lucerys but stopped when his eyes landed on the scene.

"No, stop it!", he gently grabbed Baela but the girl was in defence mode and shoved him off of her sending him into the rocky wall — his head collided with the rock before his body fell limp onto the sand.

Aemond turned upon hearing the collision to see his Uncle on the floor holding his now bloody head and growled in anger. He kicked Jace again sending him back before grabbing both girls and pushed them over.

Lucerys ran forward with a bloody nose but Aemond grabbed him by the throat and grabbed a rock — holding over the boys head in warning, "You will die screaming in flames just as your father should. Bastards". Lucerys cried as he gasped for her, Jacaerys watched in alarm.

Robert felt his eyes return to normal vision to see Baela looming over him, "Oh gods, I'm so sorry".

"It's okay, it's okay", he reassured and allowed her to help him up but his face fell upon hearing Aemond's words and watching the scene in front of him.

Aemond smirked and turned to Jace, "Isn't that right, Lord Baratheon?".

"Aemond, that's enough!", Robert yelled and walked over, taking the rock from him but turned when Baela called for Jace who was now holding a small sharp dagger.

"Jace, put it down", the Hightower boy spoke calmly but the boys eyes refused to meet his, knowing if he looked at Robert he'd put it down but he couldn't — Aemond went too far.

Aemond pushed Robert to the side sending him to the floor again, the girls grabbed him into their arms as Jace went for the Targaryen who defended himself before holding the rock up again over Jacaerys body — the dagger falling somewhere in the sand behind him.

Robert noticed Jace side eye his brother quickly before throwing sand in Aemond's face — the boy groaned and dropped the rock but fell back with a gasp when Lucerys slashed his face with a yell.

"No!", Robert yelled as Aemond cried in pain — holding his eye in the palm of his hand. The boy crawled forward and turned Aemond over to see the blood dripping in between his fingers like rain falling down a window tile.

Aemond felt Robert place his head on his lap as the guards came rolling in, "Cease this at once!".

Roseva laid on her husbands chest in a blissful sleep, there was a nice space between his hip bone and her growing stomach — Daemon's arm wrapped around waist and laid flat on the side of her stomach as far as he could reach.

The two fell asleep almost immediately after their intimate session — not aware of what their son had been up to.

A loud bang echoed the walls from the chamber door startling them awake. Before they could answer their son, Daeron, stumbled in with messy hair, "Mother! Father! It's Robert".

Upon hearing their sons words, the couple looked at each other in alarm before getting out of bed — getting changed into their previous clothes and running out the door.

Roseva met Rhaenyra and Steffon half way before the four burst into the room looking for their children, "Robert?", the mother called not seeing her son.

"I'm here", a voice called and she turned to where Otto was standing in the corner who had placed a rag on his head that was covered in blood.

Roseva stopped in her tracks upon the sight, "Get away from him", she spoke quietly before realising that the scene in front of her was actually in front of her eyes. "Get away from him!".

The woman grabbed a hold of her son and pulled him to her chest looking at her ex husband in disbelief, "I was only trying to help, Roseva".

"He doesn't need your help", she spat before taking the rag from his hands and taking her son into the middle — in the middle of Alicent with her son and Rhaenyra with hers.

The art of choosing.

"What happened to you, my love? Who did this to you?", Roseva demanded he answer her as she placed the rag on his bleeding head, brushing his curls up in her hand to get to the wound.

"It was merely an accident, mother. Aemond is the one who is hurt", the boy spoke and upon hearing his words she looked up to see Alicent holding her sons hands. She turned to Daemon and he nodded, taking Robert from her and took the rag to hold to his head.

"Who won?", he whispered teasingly making Robert roll his eyes at his fathers words. "What? I was only jesting".

Roseva walked forward, rubbing her stomach in distress, she gasped quietly at the sight of the maester stitching Aemond's eye closed — of lack of it. "Alicent, what has happened?".

Alicent looked up at her mother with tears in her eyes and pointed to Rhaenyra and her children. Roseva looked to where she was pointing and her face fell.

She immediately remembered Alicent's words when she was only a young woman at the time . . .

"There is no debt, mother. I only ask for your forgiveness. Rhaenyra and I will never see eye to eye again, whatever misshapes that may occur between us, I only ask of you that you do not hold it against either of us".

She knew by the end of the night that she could not keep this promise and it would haunt her for the rest of her days. But she was only a mother. And as a mother she had to make sacrifices for the benefit of her children for whom she carried in the womb not for those she did not.

"An accident?", Roseva asked.

"They attacked me!", Aemond yelled.

"He attacked Baela!".

The adults watched between their children who continued their bickering, Daeron stood beside his mother with a bored expression before letting her know that he had seen to it that Rhaegar and Rhaena were kept in their chambers and were still asleep. She kissed his forehead as a thank you before watching him walk over to his father and brother.

Daeron placed a hand on Robert's shoulder in a silent question asking if he was okay, the boy nodded as best as he could as Daemon continued to press the rag to his head but watched the scene unfold with amusement.

"Enough", Viserys croaked, "Enough".

"It should be my son telling the tale!", Alicent yelled and Roseva took it upon herself to try and calm the mother down but she knew if it was her child she'd do anything to protect them.

"He called us—".

"Silence!".

The room grew silent, the sound of the fire crackled in the background as Jace leaned down to his mother who was holding Luke to her, "He called us bastards".

Roseva watched Rhaenyra stand with Steffon firmly behind her with his hand on the hilt of his sword as he eyes Ser Criston from across the room who seemed eager to watch the seen unfold.

"Aemond . . .", Viserys walked with his cane down the steps toward his son, "I will have the truth of what happened. Now". Roseva moved back to let the King intervene with the matter, walking back to her son and taking him into her arms holding him close.

"What else is there to hear?", Alicent asked her husband in confusion, "Your son has been maimed. Her son is responsible".

Rhaenyra cut in quickly wanting to nip the situation in the bud quickly after hearing her sons words that Aemond spoke, "It was a regrettable accident"

"Accident?", Alicent muttered in disbelief and looked to her old friend, "The prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son".

"It was my sons who were attacked as well as Robert and forced to defend themselves", Rhaenyra yelled and held her sons to her. Roseva looked down at Robert but he wouldn't meet her eyes.

He was conflicted, Ameond had saved him but at the same time he only had to save him before he took Vhagar. He was only a child himself he did not wish to be brought into the argument seeing as he didn't harm anyone but he longed to defend his friend regardless of what he had done.

"Vile insults were levied against them".

That made Viserys look up, "What insults?".

"The legitimacy of my sons' birth was put loudly to question".

"What?".

"He called us bastards", Jace spoke quietly to his Grandsire from beside his mother, holding her hand.

"Robert, is this true?", Viserys turned to the boy and Roseva gulped slightly and turned to her son who had removed himself from her and stood by the door with Daemon and Daeron. His brother seemed to notice his nervousness and walked down two steps to stand beside him — silently telling him that he would be there to protect him now.

"Robert", Roseva called when the boy didn't answer. His brown eyes met hers and hers held that she wanted the truth regardless of who he had to betray, "The truth of it".

"It's true".

Aemond turned in his seat and looked to the boy in shock, not expecting to be outed after saving him. Robert looked at him apologetically but Aemond's remaining eye turned cold as he sat back in his seat looking down at the floor.

"My sons are in line to inherit the Iron Throne, Your Grace. This is the highest of treasons. Prince Aemond should be sharply questioned so we might learn where he heard such slanders", upon hearing Rhaenyra's words, Aemond turned in his chair again and looked at her in offence.

"Over an insult? My son has lost an eye", Alicent raised her eyebrows in shock over the events. She turned to Roseva for help making the rub her hands and walk forward.

"I do not think tonight is the best night to have this conversation. Everyone is tired and the children have been through enough for one night", Roseva spoke and Alicent nodded thankfully.

Viserys contemplated but the look on his daughters face was unsettling, "You tell me, boy", he turned to Aemond making Roseva sigh, "Where did you hear this lie?".

"The insult was training yard bluster. The lot of boys. It was nothing", Alicent defended. The former Baratheon woman turned to her daughter in understanding that she had told her sons the slander making her frown, a frown that Alicent didn't miss.

"Aemond . . . I asked you a question", the King spoke again.

When the boy didn't speak, his mother looked up and around the room before asking, "Where is Ser Laenor, I wonder? The boys' father? Perhaps he might have something to say in the matter".

"Yes. Where is he Ser Laenor?".

Roseva turned to Rhaenyra's side as she spoke, "I do not know, Your Grace. I . . . could not find sleep. I had gone out to walk".

"Entertaining his young squires, I would venture", Alicent jested and a small snicker came from Criston Cole in the back.

Roseva looked between Steffon and Rhaenyra who looked back at her — her face was blank before she blinked and looked away.

"Aemond . . .", Viserys tried again, "Look at me. Your King demands an answer. Who spoke these lies to you?".

Everyone watched as the looked to his mother, Rhaenyra's face fell in realisation and Viserys even turned to the woman who had grown pale but that quickly faded when Aemond uttered the name, "Aegon".

"Me?", the boy questioned as he had only been observing the scene after his Grandsire had dragged him in.

"And you, boy?", Viserys limped over, "Where did you hear such calumnies? Aegon! Tell me the truth of it!".

"We knew, Father. Everyone knows. Just look at them", he said and Roseva watched heads turn toward the two boys that were now being pushed behind Rhaenyra from their watchful eyes.

After moments of silence and Viserys not knowing who to look to, he yelled, "This interminable infighting must cease! All of you! We are family! Now make your apologies and show good will to one another. Your father, your grandsire, your King demands it!".

The man began to walk away but Alicent was not done. She was a mother. And a mother never gave up, "That is insufficient. Aemond has been damaged permanently, my King, 'good will' cannot make him whole".

"I know, Alicent, but I cannot restore his eye".

"No, because it's been taken".

"What would you have me do?".

"There is a debt to be paid", Alicent spoke with fire before turning to Rhaenyra, "I shall have one of her son's eyes in return".

Roseva's lips parted in shock, she was a mother who understood but this was too far. It was unjust. She agreed a punishment should be upheld but not to this extent. "Alicent—".

"No, mother!", Alicent cried and Roseva looked at her sadly, "He is my son", she then turned to Viserys, "He is your son, Viserys. Your blood"

"Do not . . . allow your temper to guide your judgment".

"If the King will not seek justices, the Queen will. Ser Criston . . . bring me the eye of Lucerys Velaryon"

"Mother!", Lucerys called and fell into the arms of his Grandsire, Lord Corlys who held him close to him.

"Alicent—".

"He can choose which eye to keep, a privilege he did not grant my son".

"You will do no such thing", Rhaenyra spoke darkly.

Roseva stood in front of Rhaenyra facing Alicent, "Alicent . . . Daughter, do not do this", she shook her head and watched as her daughter tried not to cry.

"Stay your hand".

Alicent looked away from her mother to Ser Criston, "No, you're sworn to me!".

The man shifted on his feet, "As your protector, my Queen"

Alicent deflated and face fell into a neutral tone, Roseva knew that face and she didn't like it, "Alicent, this matter . . . is finished. Do you understand? And let it be known: anyone whose tongue dares to question the birth of Princess Rhaenyra's sons should have it removed".

Rhaenyra nodded, "Thank you, Father".

Roseva closed her eyes and licked her lips, hoping it was finished but she quickly opened her eyes to see Alicent charging toward Rhaenyra with Viserys' blade with orders for her to come back but she did not.

The woman gasped and shifted to the side just in time for Alicent collide with her. Daemon stood straighter from his place leaning on the door with wide eyes. Daeron and Robert both called for her but they fell deaf on her ears

"Alicent, enough!", she grasped her daughters arms, the blade inches from her eye. "You've gone too far!", she crocked and Alicent looked at her mother in disbelief and betrayal.

Steffon ran forward and held Ser Criston away from his cousin, not wanting to make matters worse as he tried not to worry.

"I? What have I done but was expected of me? Forever upholding the kingdom, the family, the law. While she flouts all to do as she pleases", Alicent cried and gripped the blade tighter — she didn't want to hurt her but it was her son, she had to defend him because if she didn't, who would?

"Alicent, let her go!".

"You knew what the price would be the moment your father instigated your meetings with the King! We all did our part", Alicent staggered back a bit but they remained in each others arms, "It will be your blood that will be spilled as you continue to let this thorn grow between the two of you. You need to let it go, you must!", Roseva cried as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Alicent cried, pulling the blade down and pushed herself back causing Roseva to fall as well — Lord Corlys pushed forward and caught her in his arms as did Rhaenyra.

Roseva looked at her daughter for a moment from across the room as she looked back before a drip was heard across the silent room. The women looked down to see a long gash going down her arm, the wound bled excessively onto the floor.

The Targaryen looked up from the floor to meet with Alicent's in shock who looked back in regret but mostly in understanding that they had chosen their sides and Roseva wasn't on hers.

Daemon walked over and held Roseva's arm in thought before glaring at Alicent. Robert and Daeron stood to the side in shock and anger. The Hightower was angry with his sister and couldn't stand to look at her — Daeron, however, glared right at her.

The blade fell from Alicent's hands with a clink, the room was silent for what felt like forever. Lord Corlys held pressure on her arm as he looked at her in worry when Roseva placed her free hand on her stomach.

"Do not mourn me, Mother", eyes turned to Aemond, "It was a fair exchange. I may have lost an eye . . . but I gained a dragon".

"This proceeding is at an end".

Roseva looked up to Alicent — her former step—daughter in haze, lips parted and face cold from dried tears, "Get me out of here", she croaked. Rose may have been looking at the woman across from her but no words would ever be directed in her direction again.

It unsettled the both of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.8K 37
Book One - Season One House of the Dragon - Ever since Verena Hightower was born her father, the hand of the king Otto Hightower loathed her, wanted...
191K 6.2K 27
𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚...
21.7K 1.2K 40
Draegon Targaryen Stark wasnt looking for love but he would rather have the choice than a bride chosen for him. 🐉 "Give me your beating heat. I wi...
32.8K 1.2K 17
𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃. . . ! ❪ 𝕿𝖧𝖤 𝕽𝖤𝖣 𝕼𝖴𝖤𝖤𝖭 . . . ! ❫ 𓆩♱𓆪 ━━━━ ❲ 𝗗 . . . 𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗬𝗘𝗡 . . . ❳ 「✷」 ❛ 𝐈 𝐍 𝐖 𝐇 𝐈 �...