The Utonium Conflict | Prof...

By fly4scifi

Professor Utonium is torn. He's fallen in love with Him. A man dead set on killing his three, loving daughter... More

Part Zero: Exposition Propostion
Part Two: Wild Rat Chase
Part Three: In Heck or On Earth
Part Four: The Ole Switcharoo
Part Five: This Can't FrisBEE!
Part Six: The Birds and The Screams

Part One: Conversation Damnation

6 0 0
By fly4scifi

     Utonium wakes up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Feeling the little bits of sleep sand remind him of the time his girls defeated The Sandman (S2E5B). When he sees a bug on the floor, he thinks of the time the girls were trying to stop millions of roaches from over taking the city (S1E2A). Everything makes him think of his girls.
    They are his entire world. His everything! He likes to think he is a good father. He makes them pancakes in their favorite shapes, fashioned them their inventions, and gives them all love and attention, both collectively and individually.
He got through his morning routine: showering, brushing his teeth, doing his hair, and getting dressed. He'd always found these parts of his day so dull and boring he'd typically slump along, sadly completing each task (S1E1B). But since Utonium had started seeing Him, he's been a lot happier. He didn't drag his feet or slump at all!

He finishes his routine by making his girls breakfast. He makes each girl a pancake in a different shape. For Blossom, he makes a flower. For Bubbles, he makes a heart. Last, but certainly not least, he makes an explosion, for Buttercup. He sits down with his girls. Even while trying to work through his personal problems, he has to be present with his daughters.
"So girls, what does the schedule look like today?" He asks, excited to hear their plans for the day. "Well, we have school in the park with Ms. Keane today," Blossom starts. "Then we have town construction until the morning," Bubbles finishes. "And we'll kick the butts of anyone who gets in our way." Buttercup adds. "And what about you, Professor?" Blossom asks, taking a sip of orange juice. "Oh, well, I'm still working on that rubble-clearing device. There's just a few kinks in it I just can't quite work out." Bubbles looks excited, "Ohh! I can't wait! It's gonna be such a cool invention, Professor." She squeaks. Buttercup, not as impressed, asks, "Yeah, well I don't see the point. Why can't it have a rubble-vaporizing laser?" Utonium laughs, "I'd run into a lot more problems that way, Buttercup. Besides, lasers are terribly dangerous weapons, it could mean bad things for anyone caught in the crossfire." Buttercup rolls her eyes, "Okay."
    When the girls leave for school, Utonium can't help but feel a little empty. However, rather than call Him over, he decides to get back to his inventions. He was making a rubble remover for Bubbles, a paper-thin plan organizer for Blossom, and a modified nail gun for Buttercup. The nail gun was finished, Utonium just wanted to give the things to his daughters simultaneously, so they wouldn't feel left out. He puts the dishes in his sink and walks down to his lab.

    He works for hours, writing equations and solutions on his board. Eventually, he hits a wall. Knowing he'll be able to think clearer tomorrow, he decides to start working on solutions to... personal issues.
     Utonium flips his whiteboard so he can use the back to write out fixes to his issues with him. He writes out everything in small text. "Ugh, god. I don't know what to do! I could preface the conversation with a date. No, that'd be pretty awkward, wouldn't it? Maybe a dinner?" After a few more seconds of pondering, Professor says to himself, "Well. I guess. I should figure out what to say to him before I think about how to say it."

He starts to write it out, thinking about it scientifically. The scientific method says he should first have a question. Then research the topic idea. After that, form a hypothesis. Next would be testing with an experiment. Which would be proceeded with analyzing the data. Then, he can finally yield results.
His question. What should he say to Him?
His topic idea. Should he first bring up his concerns with Him's interest in him? Is Him only dating Utonium so he can get to his daughters? If not, where is this relationship going? Are they just secret enemies with benefits or are they going to consider giving their affections for one another an actual title? There were also questions about whether or not he should come out to the girls or the town. He also wondered if his dates with Him made him a bad Dad, but those were more personal. Not really questions for Him to answer.
His hypothesis. It may be best to ask Him what he's looking for in a partner first. What kind of relationship is Him trying to pursue? When Utonium has that information, he can ask why Him wants that. Is it just a trap for the PowerPuffs?
His test. He decided it'd be best to meet Him at the Otto Time Diner. He was often there because of issues he had with its reconstruction. So, Utonium could invite Him over and cook him dinner or lunch.

The professor leans back in his chair and lets out a sigh of relief. Now, he just has to think about his dinner plans! And he was thinking... risotto.

Him watches the hired townsfolks and demon underlings incorrectly attach another piece of foundation to the pile of rubble that was once his diner. Thinking of the memories he's had there with the Professor, he pinches the bridge of his nose with his claws. "Just take five." His demonic tone booms.
He takes a step into his realm, closing the portal behind him. He wishes every realm could be as simple as his chaos realm. Which is an ironic sentence, to be sure.
He sits on his couch, claw over his eyes, wishing the Professor would just fall into his lap. Praying that the man would dance back into his life. He's always found the inventor to be an attractive man, but when he finally managed to make him all his, he became distant.
Before Him had fallen head over heels for a mortal man, the Otto Time Diner's destruction would've been a disappointment, but not a devastation. Now, he thinks about the time Professor came to the diner and bet on the girls being able to find him before Him's timer ran out (S4E4). He had lowered the price of his food, only for the Professor, so he'd keep coming back.
Him has never had an unrequited love before. This is absolutely terrifying to him. Is he even a good villain anymore? The more in love with The Professor he becomes, the softer he gets on the PowerPuffs. "Oh, what's a demon to do?!" He moans.

He opens a portal to stare out over the ruins of the Diner. He is quickly greeted with the likes of a white coat. One he's grown accustomed to taking off and throwing to the ground. Him shoots up like a bullet.
Bounding through a portal, Him stands behind the Professor. "You know. I am a demon. Though, you must be a Devil's trap, because I'm positively stuck on you!!" Him flirts. The Professor spins around in shock, "I-I-I-I, Him!" (S1E1B) He stutters, "I was just looking for you!" Him chuckles, "Couldn't stop thinking about me?" The Professor rolls his eyes, "Actually, I wanted to discuss an invention to try and help rebuild your Diner... among other things." Him raises an eyebrow at the last trio of words. "Other things, around town." The Professor adds.
Him has never seen someone so not-into his tactics before. Despite just laying out cheesy pickup lines. However, he will take what he could get. "What time, Professor?" Him asks, grinning. Professor responds "We could discuss it over dinner, or at your earliest convenience. I'd say 6:30 at the latest. What do you say?" Him grins even wider. "I'd say we could go right now. Reaaaalllly get the jump on things, no?" Professor's face lights up, "Nice to see someone with such good time management skills!" Him blushes, "Oh, you flatter me, Professor!" He readjusts the Professor's collar a sliver. "Allow me to get you home." Him offers, opening a portal up behind the two of them. "Oh, sure. Why not?" Professor shrugs.

In an instant, they are home again. In the Professor's home. The PowerPuff's home. "Professor...?" Him asks, as soon as he knew they were alone. "This isn't a date," Professor clarifies, "but it's not exactly city planning either." Him nods. Accepting the inevitable: a breakup.
The man of science strolls into his kitchen, "Do you like risotto, Him?" He asks, from over his shoulder. "Of course I do." He says. "Come, sit." Professor offers, pulling out a chair for Him.
Him sits cross-legged. Angry that he has to watch the train speed down the tracks towards him. "What kind of broth do you prefer?" The Professor asks. "Whichever makes you happiest." Him replies, sweetly. "Uh. Meat broth?" Professor asked. "So. How is The Otto Time Diner coming?" Professor asks again. "The people of Townsville may as well be a colony of raccoons with their construction know-how." He grimaces, bringing the Professor to smile and laugh. The joy of the scientist makes his heart skip a beat.

When the risotto is ready, Professor and Him sit, facing each order, enjoying their big lunch. "You do make a spectacular risotto. If my Diner ever serves dinner, I may just ask you for the recipe." Professor blushes, "Thank you, Him. I'll be sure to give it to you." Him scoops another spoonful of risotto in.
"So, why did you call me here? Couldn't stop thinking about me or my body?" Him asks, posing, trying to prompt the Professor to the point. "Actually, I needed to ask you something." Professor begins. Him braces himself. "Are you in love with me? Or uhm, I mean. Are we in love? Are you? Or, no. I mean... what are we?" Professor Utonium finally spits out. "What's your intention here?" Him looks at his food, putting down his utensil. "That's a... curious question." Him says, "Currently, I may think that I am." The Professor looks a little scared and confused, "You're what?"
"In love with you."
"Oh. Uh, I- I- I- I- I-"
"I intend to make you feel for me as I feel for you."
"Oh, uh. So, it's not about destroying my girls?"
"No. Our first date found me too... inebriated to think that far ahead. Say... is that question the answer as to why you've been such a distant lover, Professor??"
"Uh, well. I only want the best for my daughters. I don't want this to lead to them getting hurt."
"That's interesting."
"How so?" The Professor asked.
Him leans his own face into his claw. "Ah, well-" he was swiftly interrupted by the telephone. "Oh, that's the Hotline," Professor stands up, "Excuse me, Him." Him waves his claw, excusing the man of science. He's glad he finally gets to talk with the Professor like this. However, Him finds it upsetting that they were interrupted just when he was getting to his softening up on the girls. PowerPuff emergencies aren't any fun when Him isn't causing them.

Utonium begrudgingly picks up the phone, "Hello, Mayor, the girls aren't home right now. You might wanna use the PowerPuff signal-"
"PLAPR-PRO-PROFESSOR!!! THE POWERPUFF GIRLS HAVE BEEN CAPTURED!" Utonium's heart stops. "What?! My girls?! How?! Where?! By whom?!" The Mayor yells out, "Oh!! I don't know much. But I suspect it's... it's HIM!" He holds his chest and gasps, "You think it's Him? Wha-why do you say that Mayor?" He asks. "YES! Because it must be!" Mayor shouts, Utonium heard the phone being intercepted by Ms. Bellum. "Listen, Professor! The girls were captured by a demon who looked very much like Him. They had the same outfit, claws, and hairstyle. No one ever saw his face but it had to be Him!"
"When did this happen?" Utonium asks.
"Not even ten minutes ago. Him just took them and disappeared into the city sewage system! You have to save them, Professor!" Utonium is dumbstruck. "I'm on it." He hangs up before he can hear what else Ms. Bellum had to say.
He has to keep his wits about him. Utonium can't let Him think he's gotten the best of him. Especially after he hadn't been as eloquent as he wanted while asking his questions. He strolls into the kitchen, shaking, but calm. "So. If this isn't a scheme to hurt my girls, what've you been doing all this time?" Him shrugs, "I've been rebuilding The Otto Time Diner. It hasn't been easy with the Townspeople. They haven't even been able to clear away the rubble." Utonium wants to give Him a chance, "Really? I mean, haven't you been thinking about it? They're your enemies, after all." Him drops his silverware, after taking another bite of risotto. "This isn't about the girls. This is about us." He growls. Utonium rolls his eyes, "Oh, please. My girls are my entire life. They're my first priority. Always. Do you have any idea what call I just got?" Him looks taken aback. "No..." He says, almost looking smaller than usual. "Oh, just guess," Utonium says, in an accusatory tone. "I don't know! I didn't have anything to do with it!" The demon screeches in a deep, low voice.
    Utonium sighs, feeling his heart drop in his chest. "They went missing, Him! Ms. Bellum said you did it too. I don't know where to look for them, I don't know where to start." Looking up, Him's face is genuinely shocked at the news. "Really? Me?" Utonium feels distrustful all the same. "Listen, Professor. We're supposed to be lovers, aren't we? And lovers are supposed to trust each other." He holds out a claw for Utonium to take. "If they are in my realm... then..." he seems to have a hard time saying what he wants to say. Utonium looks into his peridot green eyes, "Let me help you... get them back." He grumbles, clearly embarrassed and unhappy about it. "Really, Him?" Utonium asks, squeezing his claw like it'd make his daughters come back. "Yes." The demon begrudges. "Prepare yourself."

    Utonium smiling, tears in his eyes. "Thank you. Thank you, Him! I'll be ready as soon as possible!" Utonium leans over and kisses the demon on the pink blush of his cheek. He strolls into his lab to look for some of his girl-related things. "What to bring? What to do? What about Him?" Professor wonders aloud, fearing for his future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 16 14
This is a Ppgxrrb story about Mojo jojo locking the Powerpuff girls in a empty room but some unexpected guest were also trapped,bet everybody can gu...
1.1K 57 13
The program sends Dan to a city called Townsville and was staying with a man named Professor Utonium and while Dan was staying there he notices that...
4K 174 30
UNFINISHED Katie is exhausted. She is struggling and dragging herself through dark days. After being left by the person that mattered most, there's...