The Lost Riders ( On Hold, Fo...

By MeryMayham

- disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my ocs In this story, Hic... More

Bios
Prologue
Chapter 1: When Darkness Falls, The Moon Rises ( part 1 )
Chapter 2: When Darkness Falls, The Moon Rises ( part 2 )
Chapter 3: When Darkness Falls, The Moon Rises ( part 3 )
Chapter 4: Bonding ( Part 1 )
Chapter 5: Bonding ( Part 2 )
Chapter 6: Bonding ( Part 3 )
Chapter 7: Gone Gustav Gone ( Part 1 )
Chapter 9: Gone Gustav Gone ( Part 3 )
Chapter 10: Gone Gustav Gone ( Part 4 )
Chapter 11: Reign of Fireworms ( Part 1 )
Chapter 12: Reign of Fireworms ( Part 2 )
Chapter 13: Reign of Fireworms ( Part 3 )
Chapter 14: Spending time together ( Part 1 )
Chapter 15: Spending time together ( Part 2 )
Chapter 16: Crushing It ( Part 1 )
Chapter 17: Crushing It ( Part 2 )
Chapter 18: Crushing It ( Part 3 )
Chapter 19: Shatter Rune ( Part 1 ) ( Short )
Chapter 20: Shatter Rune ( Part 2 )
Chapter 21: Shatter Rune ( Part 3 )
Chapter 22: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 1 of Part 1 ) ( Short )
Chapter 23: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 2 of Part 1 )
Chapter 24: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 3 of Part 1 )
Chapter 25: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 4 of Part 1 )
Chapter 26: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 5 of Part 1 )
Chapter 27: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 1 of Part 2 )
Chapter 28: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 2 of Part 2 )

Chapter 8: Gone Gustav Gone ( Part 2 )

119 7 7
By MeryMayham

Fig, Moon, Gustav, and FangHook were on a cliff that was on the northeast side of the island that was looking over the ocean.

Gustav: Okay, what are we-

Fig: ( whispers: ) Shush.... Look at the water closely and don't let it see you...

As they looked at the water, while hiding, Gustav noticed that a dragon that he had never seen before was swimming through the water, catching fish. It had tendrils on its chin, a dorsal fin, nasal horn, and ear-like lobe on the sides of its head. Gustav and FangHook looked at the dragon in awe.

( A/n: I don't own the image. This is what the dragon looks like. )

Gustav: ( quietly: ) What is it?

Fig: ( Whispers, knowingly with a smile: ) I call it, " Shockjaw ". 52 ft 2 inches in height, weighs about 950 pounds, and has the wingspan of 32 feet long.

Gustav: Awesome, have you train it yet?

Fig: Sorta, he's just not a fan of strangers.

FangHook accidentally steps on a branch, alerting the Shockjaw of their presence, causing the dragon to fly up to them and growl at Gustav and FangHook, as he thought that they were a threat to him and the light fury rider and her dragon. Gustav and FangHook backed away from the Shockjaw as he got ready to shoot a blast of bio-electricity at the two, but Fig and Moon quickly got in front of them and Fig quickly started calming the dragon down and looked into his eyes.

Fig: ( to the Shockjaw: ) Easy, boy... Easy... It's okay, they're friends.

The Shockjaw slowly calmed down as Fig raised her hand to him, and he slowly placed his nose in Fig's palm.

Gustav: ( silently, to FangHook while staring at Fig, starstruck: ) She sure is something, isn't she, FangHook?

FangHook snorted in agreement, but he was staring at Moon.

Fig: Okay, Gustav, you can introduce yourself now, just do what I did.

Fig and Moon slowly stepped out of the way to let Gustav get closer to the Shockjaw. Gustav slowly approached the dragon, being cautious as the Shockjaw was glaring at him, FangHook was getting ready to protect his rider in case the Shockjaw tries to attack him. Gustav then slowly raises his hand to the dragon, and did what Fig did by looking into the Shockjaw's eyes, the dragon slowly lowered his guard down and placed his nose in the palm of Gustav's hand.

Gustav: Whoa. This is definitely cooler than how Hiccup and the others do it, they just look away from the dragon.

Fig: Really? Interesting. Note to self, ask Hiccup to give a demonstration on they tame a dragon.

The Shockjaw then stood on his hind legs, and picked Gustav up by the back of his shirt.

Gustav: Woah! ( laughs ) ( to Fig: ) Have you named him yet?

Fig: Not really. I've been busy learning about his species. But, being a dragon rider just about riding and learning about dragons.

Gustav: It isn't?

Fig: No. The way I see it, Dragon riders help each other, work as a team, and trust one another.

Gustav thinks and gets an idea.

Gustav: You know what, that's what me and FangHook are going to do. But, um, how do we get the Shockjaw to put me down?

Moon purrs at the Shockjaw, telling him to put Gustav down. The Shockjaw whined but he carefully placed Gustav back on the ground.

Gustav: Thanks, Moon. I'll see you guys later!

Gustav then got on FangHook and took off before Fig could say or do anything.

Fig: Gustav, wait a- and he's gone. Those two have spunk, I give him that.

Moon purrs at Fig and gently nudged her rider.

Fig: ( Laughs ) Hehe, kind of like how we used to be. Huh, girl?

Moon purred in response as Fig pets her head, then the Shockjaw whined and nudged Fig, wanting pets as well.

Fig: ( to the Shockjaw, sweetly: ) Hehe, alright, alright. Settle down, you're getting pets too.

( Slight Time Skip )

It was now night time and Fig was walking to the clubhouse with a dark blue journal with the Tidal class crest on it, in her hands. She was about to go inside when...

Gustav: I'm sorry, I just-

Hiccup: You could've been killed, Gustav! FangHook could've been killed! Look, this isn't Berk, Gustav. The rules are different out here. You have to be smarter than this.

Gustav: ( weakly: ) I just wanted to prove myself.

When Fig heard that, a childhood memory flashed in her head.

- In Fig's Childhood -

A ten year old Figment was sitting in her room as her Dad was lecturing and shouting at her for trying to help by going outside during a dragon raid.

Figment: ( weakly, with tears in her eyes: ) I just wanted to prove myself...

Figment's Dad: Then do it without wasting everyone's time saving you from danger that you've put yourself in!

- Back in the present -

Fig snapped out of the flashback, and continued to stand outside the clubhouse and listen to the conversation.

Hiccup: ( to Gustav: ) Oh, you have. You have proven that you are not responsible enough, you're not mature enough and you're not trustworthy enough to be one of us.-

That's when Fig burst into the clubhouse, slamming the door open, earning everyone's attention. Rune knew by the cold look in Fig's eye that she'd heard the conversation and... they quickly hid behind Astrid, who looked at them confused. Fig then walked up to Hiccup and Gustav with a cold look in her eyes.

Fig: ( coldly: ) That's enough, Hiccup. It's been a long day, and we all need some rest.

Hiccup: ( sighs ) ( to Gustav: ) We'll talk about this in the morning-

Fig: ( coldly, to Hiccup: ) No, you won't. ( to Gustav: ) Come on, Gustav.

Fig and Gustav left the clubhouse with FangHook following, leaving everyone in shock by Fig's behavior.

Snotlout: Wow, Hiccup, what did you do to upset Fig?

Rune: Let's not worry about it, until she has calmed down, because if she hears us talking about it when she's not ready to talk about why the conversation upsetted her, it won't be good news for any of us, and the dragons might get caught in the crossfire.

The dragon riders looked at Rune with confusion, Hiccup was a bit concerned by what Rune meant by the conversation upsetting Fig.

( Meanwhile with Fig and Gustav, outside the clubhouse )

Gustav: Hey, Fig, is it okay if me and FangHook hang out at the stables...?

Fig: Yeah, of course. But, hey, don't listen to Hiccup, you're good enough in your own way.

Gustav just nods his head in response with a dejected expression before getting on FangHook and take off to the stables.

Fig then sighs before she began heading to her hut, and once she got there, she was greeted by Moon, Smidvarg, and the Shockjaw. Fig gives the Shockjaw a sad smile, as she wasn't expecting him to be in her hut.

Fig: ( to the Shockjaw: ) Look who's making himself at home...

All three dragons noticed the sadness in Fig's eyes and looked at her in concern. Moon purred at her rider with worry, while Smidvarg flew to Fig's shoulder and tried to cheer her up by nuzzling her cheek.

Fig: ( lies: ) I'm fine, guys... it just has been a long day.

Fig then placed the journal in one of the bookshelves, before she wiped away the tears in her eyes that had just formed.

Fig: ( sighs ) ( silently, to herself: ) Let's get some rest and forget about the past, Figment, it's for the best.

Fig then gave the three dragons goodnight pets before walking up the stairs to her bed. Moon whined, before she gently nudged the Shockjaw with her wing and showed him where she and him could sleep. Smidvarg then flew off to find his pack, but he looked back to Fig with a worried look in his eyes, before leaving. Fig changed out of her morning clothes and into a white nightgown before going to bed with a tired sigh.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 395 43
- disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my oc Before you read: In this story, the third movie doesn't hap...
33K 541 25
Hiccup suddenly becomes ignored - Astrid's vanished, Snotlout is now the 'Dragon Conqueror', and the only friend Hiccup has is Toothless. Everyone se...
20.6K 425 12
Just like the Title says, this is a xreader book. I don't own any of the character and the storyline. Credit are all to the original writer. Only the...
1.4K 51 10
Basically; How to Train Your Dragon but with a female lead. Hiccup is now a young woman named Hicca. This has been classified as Mature just incase...