Every Arc Ends with My Death

By Aomine-san

For an extra inside a novel, there is no concept of life and death, and the clock never stops ticking with or... More

Chapter 1. The Prologue of a Tragedy (I)
Chapter 2. The Prologue of a Tragedy (II)
Chapter 3. And So, We Meet Again
Chapter 4. Bad Timing Reunion
Chapter 5. A Gusty and Daring Maid (I)
Chapter 6. A Gutsy and Daring Maid (II)
Chapter 7. Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 8. Special Treatment
Chapter 9. Flowers and Fortune
Chapter 10. A Fateful Encounter
Chapter 11. Fears and Tears
Chapter 12. Temptations
Chapter 13. Leila
Chapter 14. Parting Ways
Chapter 15. Whose Side?
Chapter 16. Heaven-sent
Chapter 17. Willing Lips
Chapter 18. Arrogance
Chapter 19. Princess of the East
Chapter 20. Scarred
Chapter 21. Love and Madness
Chapter 22. Trust
Chapter 23. Desires
Chapter 24. Lilith
Chapter 25. Illusory
Chapter 26. What Love Cannot
Chapter 27. Farewell
Chapter 28. Ruth Alessia di Camellia
Chapter 29. The Second Death
Chapter 30. Poisoned Spring
End of Season 1 -- NOTE --
Chapter 31. The Summer We Reunited
Chapter 32. History
Chapter 33. Something Dangerous
Chapter 34. Crossing Paths
Chapter 35. Haniel
Chapter 36. Curse and Promise
Chapter 37. Lover
Chapter 38. Heart to Heart
Chapter 39. Villains
Chapter 40. The Spring Named Isabelle
Chapter 41. The Way I Love You
Chapter 42. Love Me, Love Me Not
Chapter 43. Allies
Chapter 44. Intimacy
Chapter 45. Departure
Chapter 46. Disappearance
Chapter 47. Selfish, Ugly, and Vile
Chapter 48. Twisted
Chapter 49. The Third Death
Chapter 50. Treacherous Summer
End of Season 2 -- NOTE --
Chapter 51. The Fall of Leaves and Man
Chapter 52. An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53. Foes and Woes
Chapter 54. Two Suns
Chapter 56. Partners
Chapter 57. The Autumn We Reunited
NOTICE
Chapter 58. Confession
Chapter 59. Her Highness and Her Forces
Chapter 60. Double Agent
Chapter 61. The Grandiose Plan
Chapter 62. Memories
Chapter 63. The Truth Untold
Chapter 64. We Were There
Chapter 65. A Knight's Vow
Chapter 66. First Love
Chapter 67. Seasons
Chapter 68. Trap
Chapter 69: Sacrifice
Chapter 70. Immovable Fall
End of Season 3 -- NOTE --
Chapter 71. The First Snow
Chapter 72: Family
Chapter 73: Callista
Chapter 74: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 75: Alone in the Snow
Chapter 76: Revolution
Chapter 77: You, Whom I Love
Chapter 78: The Final Death
Chapter 79: Everlasting Winter
Chapter 80: The Epilogue of a Tragedy
Author's Note
NEW STORY ALERT!

Chapter 55. You

394 32 16
By Aomine-san

"Are you sure about this, Kallen?"

My eyes darted on Ashen, who stood from a distance as I prepped myself for my mission.

"Yeah," I answered while adjusting my clothes.

"It's only been days and your injury has yet to heal completely." The concern on his face was palpable. "Can you finish the job in that state?"

The side of my mouth lifted. "Who knows?"

No, this isn't me being arrogant. In fact, I'm acting tough but my wound still hurts. However, I can't afford to wait until this injury of mine heals. Time is running, and Princess Odette is running as well.

The crown prince wants her dead.

If I fail to complete my task, he'll surely get rid of us, the people who know about his odious plans to eliminate his sister. There's no way he'd let us live.

So it's not a matter of whether I can do it or not.

I must do it. I must kill the imperial princess.

I was given this role, after all.

"I'll be fine." I gave him a reassuring smile.

Ashen heaved out a deep sigh. "I truly hope so."

For the last time, we shook our hands and bumped our shoulders into one another. After waking up as Kallen, I had a hard time trusting anyone again.

But Ashen made it easier for me.

Because our relationship was strictly professional.

No one tried to get to know the other personally. As long as he gives me a job and I get it done, we were good. A relationship with mutual benefits with money on its center, no strings attached.

But I do admit that I'm very fond of this guy.

He doesn't need to know that, though.

"Report back to me as soon as you're finished with the job." He strictly reminded me for the nth time.

I lazily waved my hand. "Aye-aye."

With that, I left the Solstice fully determined.

As per my usual practice, in order to camouflage myself into the darkness of the night, I donned a black one-piece bodysuit and wore a mask of the same fabric to conceal my face and blonde hair.

The bodysuit hugged my curves and emphasized my fit and tall stature, as well as my lean breasts and plump bottom. This body is effortlessly sexy.

My twin daggers were strapped on each of my boots so that I can easily get my hands on them.

"The gods are crazy." I concluded while stealthily making my way into the inn where the princess stays. "They're wasting my beauty by giving me these insignificant roles. Those guys are blind!"

For some reason, the faces of all the important female characters in this novel flashed on my mind. Fine, I admit defeat. If you put me in the same room with Ingrid, Ruth, and even Princess Odette, I'd look like a potato compared to them.

I may be pretty, but not as pretty as them.

Anyway, I finally arrived at the inn located in the middle of the route connecting the capital and the adjacent city in Muehler. It was a two-storey house wherein the first floor was for serving food and drinks, while the second floor served as the lodgings. It was similar to Solstice, only smaller.

The crown prince informed me that Princess Odette will be meeting her lover in this place.

By now, they should have been reunited and preparing to leave and escape into the south.

"Princess, come out." I mumbled while positioned on a tree branch, eyeing the surroundings closely.

To be honest, I would have preferred to kill her while she had yet to meet the mysterious knight, but I couldn't go out right away due to my injury.

"Well," I seized the twin blades strapped on my boots. "Guess I just have to kill them both."

While waiting for the duo to appear, my mind suddenly noticed a number of notable points.

Why did the roles of the two imperial siblings changed? Who acted out of character first?

Was it Prince Dion? He was supposed to be the male lead, the love interest of the protagonist.

I can only think of two possibilities. First, that the crown prince is aware of the devil within Ingrid and works willingly with her. Second, that he's under the influence of the devil's black magic, that's why he's acting an antagonistic role.

I sincerely hope that it's the latter.

Even so, that doesn't explain why Princess Odette, who's supposed to be evil, is suddenly acting like a pusillanimous character. Why did she change?

I was startled when I saw two figures emerging out of the inn. One was a woman covered with a cloak while the other was an ironclad knight.

"Found you," I whispered. My voice drowned amidst the rustling leaves. "Hello, you two."

I examined the mysterious knight that Prince Dion had warned me about. He was tall, but his height was nothing exceptional. I've seen taller men.

Other than his height, I couldn't gauge anything more since he was covered in steel from head to toe. Still, I managed to conclude some points.

One, that armor must be heavy, so I'll have an advantage in terms of speed. Surely, I'm faster.

Two, however, it makes him more durable against attacks and his defenses will be hard to penetrate.

"There's no point in thinking about it." I gripped the hilt of my daggers tightly. "I have to move."

My jaw clenched. It's now or never.

However, what happened next was unexpected.

The moment I leaped from my hiding place and lunged forward, the princess turned her head on my direction, as if she's expecting my appearance.

"She's here!" Princess Odette enunciated.

Before my blade could even reach her, the knight swiftly moved between us, shielding his master.

In an instant, he unsheathed his sword and swiped my dagger upwards. It seemed like the knight was aiming to strip me of my weapon.

Too bad for him though, because these hands were trained to hold it as long as I'm alive and breathing. And so, I tightened my grip on them.

Since I'm able to move faster than him, I opted to utilize my fists and legs. I battered his armor with consecutive blows and kicked his body nonstop.

It didn't seem like my blows were doing damage, but the knight was pushed back by my consistent attacks. He couldn't even use his sword to counter.

He suddenly swung his sword from my side, but I managed to evade it by splitting and sliding my legs across the ground. I'm very flexible, asshole.

At that moment, I saw an opening.

I mustered all my strength on my leg and attacked him with an axe kick, hitting him straight on the jaw. As a result, I managed to remove his helm.

As soon as his head was exposed, I braced myself and leaped forward to attack him with my blades.

However, as soon as I saw the face on top of that heavy armor, I stopped and my mind went blank.

What the hell?

I subconsciously stepped away from the knight.

My eyes couldn't believe it. How could this person be right in front of me? Is this some kind of joke?

To my shock, the person in the armor isn't a man.

It's a woman. To be exact, a woman with blue eyes and blonde hair styled into a wolf cut. There was also a huge horizontal scar across her cheekbones.

More importantly, it's as if I'm facing a mirror.

The mysterious and ironclad knight... It was me.

Or rather, a version of myself I've yet to possess.

"Ellis!" Princess Odette ran to the knight's side.

At that point, I stiffened on my spot, my mind spinning in confusion. What in the world is this situation? What am I supposed to do with this?

I can't be mistaken. We look identical and there's no way I wouldn't recognize my own face. This person is, technically, my future self, a body that I might possess in the future after I die as Kallen.

"Shit," I muttered grimly. "You can't be serious."

If that's truly the case, then I can't kill this knight!

This is the first time I ever met another version of myself. I might've become Isabelle and Allari, but I've never met any of them before my possession.

If I kill this knight, does it mean that I wouldn't be able to revive as another person if I die as Kallen?

On the other hand, if she kills me and I have to possess her body as a result, does it mean that she'll die and her soul will leave that body?

This is so confusing! Why did I have to meet her?!

The female knight was about to take her fighting stance again when I raised my arms and dropped my daggers, which surprised the two of them.

"Stop." I inhaled sharply. "I can't fight you."

The princess and the knight seemed puzzled.

"Don't be too surprised." I remarked then slowly removed the mask on my head, revealing my face.

As soon as they saw me, they were shocked.

"Huh?" The princess frowned. "You have a twin?"

The knight shook her head. "I'm an only child."

"But she looks exactly like you, Ellis." The princess asserted. "How odd. What is this development?"

I was astounded by Princess Odette's next words.

"In the novel, I never wrote that you have a twin."

It did occur to me once, when I felt so devastated and I wanted someone to blame for my fate. Out of resentment, I thought of it from time to time.

Who is the author of this story?

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 324 28
Yecao Cao have just finished the ministerial exam, finally ending the torture his brother has forced him through. Now he can go back to his favorite...
44K 6.5K 63
စာရေးသူ - ယွီရှောက်လန်ရှန်း ဇာတ်ဆောင် - ရှန်ချန်းလင် x ချင်ရှောက်ယွီ - ယဲ့ကျင် x ရှန်ချန်းဖုန်း
272K 53.4K 10
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
7.1K 144 13
A Heartstopper story about Nick's mental health struggles. * This story contains anxiety, panic attacks, depression, eating disorders and self harm *...