Dabbling In Sweetness

Por CallMePhoenix99

Warnings, there will probably be love triangles and cuteness. Oh, and did I mention; some plot twists sure to... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51

Chapter 50

60 9 95
Por CallMePhoenix99

That day, Abacus and Sienna found us on our way through the forest, only to catch us as we passed out. We were sent to the infirmary at the cabin only to have us under observation, but I knew the nurse could tell we were on drugs. The truth came out and I had to explain everything to everyone. It took a lot of convincing that we were fine for them to let us stay to finish the trip. There was still so much I wanted out of this final trip to put this year to a close. Mostly, I wanted to enjoy my time with my friends who welcomed us back with open arms. So the days went by with days of campfires, swimming, and a lot of eating. The situation coming out also made people forget that they hated me for no reason and my friends lectured me.

"What were you thinking, sending a risky text?" Link says. I was sitting in my bed as they all barged in and decided to tell me how I could have done things differently.

I think about his odd phrasing but say, "it wasn't a risky text of sorts."

"Did it, or did it not put your life at risk?" He says matter of factly. I closed my mouth at his words and nodded, he had a point. Grayson looks at me, trying not to snicker when Link turns his attention to him. "What were you even there for, You helped absolutely nothing and you're a champion fighter." He crosses his arms, "she had to defend herself."

Grayson's mouth falls open as he defends himself, "I taught her how to fight."

"Did you?" Gina's turn now, "because last time I was at one of your fights you were getting your ass kicked."

Grayson is red, "That was different and you know it." At the moment, I was glad Grayson was done taking dives and that I didn't have to see him at the brink of what felt like death. Although, his outfit was a sight for sore eyes. His black shorts riding low, to expose his black boxers, and showing his abs on display as sweat dripped down his face.

"What are you thinking about?" Matt says, knocking me back into reality. "You're pink," he points out and takes a seat next to me. "You were thinking of something naughty, weren't you?"

Grayson's eyes flicker to me as a smirk plays at his lips and he takes a seat next to me, moving my hair behind my ear. Now, my ears are feeling warmer. He scoots closer to me and says, "you thinking about me?"

I gulp and scoot away from him which only makes him smile and lean on the bed in victory. I cross my legs and glare at him before returning to them. "You were saying?" I say cool and collective.

"Ugh," Gina sighs and takes a seat in her own bed, "they're hopeless."

I stand up, "we made it out alive and fine. Lynett and Jace are going to jail, what more should I want?"

"For them to stay in jail," Gina says.

I look at her and tell them the truth, "I feel bad for them." That makes everyone's eyes widen and jaw drop, except Grayson who sits up and takes my hand.

"What?" Gina says.

"How?" Matt says.

"You guys have lost it," Link adds.

"Well," I ran my arm, "you guys didn't hear the way she said things." I try to explain, hoping they understand, "We all have fucked up lives and did they go about it the right way? No, but they both needed help and no one was there for them. Jace had to be a parent and support themselves while being a kid himself while Lynett let herself be manipulated by her dad. It wasn't fair. So, I think getting help mentally is the best option and a reduced jail sentence is what will help them."

"You're really going to ask the court for that?" Gina says.

"You agree with this?" Link asks Grayson. I can see Matt sway in the corner, contemplating things as Grayson speaks.

"I fell in love with Amelia because she cares about people. She sees the best in everyone and gives second chances. So, if that's what she thinks is best," he shrugs, "then I agree." Then his face gets cocky as he adds, "Besides, next time they get close I'll beat them up or my girl." he nods my way and smugly says, "she knows how to fight."

"Lame," Link and Gina say as they roll their eyes.

"Let's just enjoy our trip, school is ending soon," Matt tells us. And that's exactly what we did.

On our last night, we all sat huddled together with a giant campfire in the middle. I sat next to Grayson who gave me his jacket and snuggled closer to me. I could see everyone from where I sat. Abacus sat next to Sienna as they still seemed to be discussing things further, both with drinks in their hands. They saw me and smiled before continuing their discussion. Then there was Alex and Matt holding hands as they ate their smores and talked about their college plans. Gina and Link kept arguing over the playlist.

"Hey," Grayson whispers.

"Yeah?"

"I got into my college," he tells me.

I stand up, yelling, as I embrace him in a tight hug. "When did you find out?"

"This morning," he told me. "I woke up and checked the online status. My mom already sent me a celebratory gift."

"A gift?" I ask, laughing as he mumbles a yes. He brings out his phone and shows me the message which is a simple dog with sunglasses popping out of a gift box that says congrats. He puts his phone away and starts roasting a marshmallow. "So you guys had a chance to talk?"

His grin widens and his gray eyes shine brighter. "She started talking to a lawyer and said my uncle can't get out of this one."

"That's great Grayson," I intertwine our hands, "I'm happy your uncle will get punished for you know-" I try not to say the words but Grayson smiles at me and nods his head.

"You can say, 'had my dad killed.'"

I nod my head, "I could." Then I remembered something, "Hey, you never told me your dad's name."

"You never told me yours."

"Okay, we'll both say it on the count of 2."

"Count of 2, Strawberry?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

I bump my shoulder with his and say, "come on."

"Okay, 2"

I roll my eyes but we both take the time and say their names. "Gustavo."

"Armenio."

We both looked at each other and realized that each of our father's names started with our initials. "Weird," we say and smile.

He hands me the roasted marshmallow and starts another one for himself. He then bumps my shoulder and asks the question I've been dreading. "Have you checked your application statuses?"

I take a bite of my marshmallow and pretend I'm too busy eating. He gives me an unimpressed look. I swallow my food and sigh. "I just haven't wanted to check. I got the notice before the trip and I've just been enjoying these moments, especially after all that went down."

"You're scared and that's understandable, but Colombia has been your dream."

"What if they don't want me? I haven't exactly been the most proper person this year."

"Strawberry," he gives me a lopsided smile, "we're not going over this again. You are an amazing person and any college will be happy to have you. If not, we'll get you into another one."

I nod, "Fine. I'll check later then."

"What are we talking about?" Link says as they walk towards us. I can see the rest of my friends come closer as well and take seats near us.

"The future," I tell him.

"OMG, did Link tell you guys he got into Colombia," Gina says.

Our eyes widen as we stand up to hug him and congratulate him. "Link, when did you apply for Columbia?" I ask him.

Link puts on his thinking face which consists of him looking into the distance, his mouth to the side, and a fist under his chin. Then he turns to us, "I decided to follow you, Amelia."

"Into pre-med? To be a doctor?"

He shrugs, "yea. You talked about it like the best thing in the world that I figured why not."

We all stare at his shell shock. Most people work hard to be a doctor and have always thought of the idea, but Link took things one day at a time. Which thinking about it, it wasn't such a bad thing.

"Not to be mean, but-" Matt starts.

"My grades aren't the best. Yeah, but they're decent." He shrugs and raises his eyebrows, "I won them over with my charm and good looks."

"Well, Alex and I are going to the same college. The big game is right around the corner and a scout will be there to see Alex," Matt brags.

"I'm going to film school," Gina says. We all groaned since she was the only one of us who got early admission and had been bragging about it all over school and anytime she got a chance. "Love ya, miss valedictorian," she tells me with a wink because she said she got in thanks to me staring in it.

"I was there too," Grayson says, playing offense.

Gina waves him off, "yea. Thanks."

"We'll just have to see about her being valedictorian," Abacus winks at me and says, "I'm runner-up and the year hasn't ended yet."

"My girl Amelia will come out on top, Mr. President," Gina tells him. I can see Abacus smile and nod his head.

"How about we bet Gina?" He extends a hand and she accepts it.

"Abacus is going pro and I'm going to Columbia for business too," Sienna speaks up.

We all look at them in surprise. "Really? That's amazing," I say and give them a hug.

Grayson extends a hand to Abacus and shakes it. "Guess I won't be seeing you in the fall, congrats."

"No, but you have my number to keep in contact. I'll get you and Amelia front-row tickets anytime."

"We'd love that, but right now. You need to focus on leading our team to victory."

"With a great defensive player like you, I can do my job." They nod at each other and I can't help but squeal with Gina at their friendship.

Then he turns to Sienna, "guess I'll be seeing you in the fall, Sienna."

"You're going to Columbia too?" She asks, but I'm shocked that Grayson was going to the school I applied to as well.

I jumped into his arms and looked at him, "why didn't you tell me."

"Because if you decide to go to another school, I'd follow you. They have business programs everywhere."

"Grayson," I say. His words were so sweet they filled my heart with so much joy. I knew that I would never be able to love someone as much as I loved him. He was it for me. He grabs my hand and places it in his heart. I can feel the steady beating as he looks me in my eyes. "You're it for me too, Amelia Genevie Lockheart."

At first, I think I said it out loud but then I realized he was just so good at knowing what I was thinking. I can't help but laugh as everyone else pretends to be in disgust and walks away to their seats again. "Grayson," I say, laughing more because of his confused face. He looked so adorable, I kind of didn't want to spoil it, but I did anyway. "I don't actually have a middle name. My mom likes to make them up anytime she's mad."

His face falls and I can't help but burst into laughter. He pulls me closer, making the laughter die down instantly. He leans closer and says, "I love that I get to learn new things about you."

Under the moonlight and with a campfire in the background, he leans in and kisses me. The kiss of a lifetime, where I see how our future plays out. I can see our wedding, the day I get my degree, the day he takes over his company, the birth of our kids, and the fights to come over things, but I also see a lifetime filled with happiness by each other's side. After he breaks off the kiss, I'm left with the need to stay in his arms forever, and he accepts me with them wide open.

And just like that, the end of the school year flew by. 

>>>> 

Okay, I'm crying now. I hope this pre-ending was okay because the next chapter is going to fly by y'all. I wanted it to be like a montage. So hopefully I did well. 

I can't thank yall enough for staying with me on this journey. It has been 3 years or more in the making and I miss them already. 

Oh, side note; I did have an idea of a spin-off for Abacus and Sienna. They're married life ;) 

Also, want to take this moment and ask if yall are looking to read anymore stories, please go on my page and look at my reading lists. There are so many writers who have become my friends and deserve some more recognition. I hope you give them a read. I want to list them all but it would be a whole chapter of just names. 

So I'm sorry to my amazing writing friends if I don't give y'all the proper shout-out y'all deserve.

Also, don't forget to vote, comment, and share.  

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

725K 24.7K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
6.8M 177K 51
In a town where the high school football team rules the school, Amelia is just another face in the crowd. Sure, her dad is the football coach but Ame...
862K 24.4K 30
"They always say that a bad boy is like a fire and he needs snow to tame him and calm him down. Some may call me the snow to his fire. But that's not...
68.1K 2.5K 34
Book one of the Good & Bad Trilogy Decker High is full of stupid idiot cliches. We have popular jerky jocks, popular brainless cheerleaders, crazy sm...