The Bad Batch: Tech and Vel

CT-9902 tarafından

During the Clone Wars, the Bad Batch is tasked with a variety of missions across the galaxy. An unexpected ad... Daha Fazla

1. Interference
2. Indignation
3. Interdependence
4. Instigation
5. Insight
6. Interest
7. Invitation
8. Intentions
9. Interception
10. Injustice
11. Intellect
12. Injury
13. Ingenuity
14. Incitation
15. Undercover
16. Untraditional
17. Undermined
18. Unrequited
19. Unpredictable
20. Upended
21. Unveil
22. Return
23. Revelation
24. Revilement
25. Repentance
26. Refreshment
27. Relentlessness
28. Resonance
29. Reactivity
30. Costuming
31. Conspiracy
32. Catastrophe
34. Cohabitation
35. Completion

33. Contentment

208 18 11
CT-9902 tarafından

A gentle breeze ruffled the waves of Vel's hair across her face, blurring her vision of what lay before her. She knew there were plenty of planets that she'd never heard of, but how a place like this had remained off the radar, she didn't know. Bendego was relatively small, with geography that ranged from snowy peaks to verdant valleys covered with a plethora of flora and fauna of every possible shape, size, and color. There were rivers everywhere, running down from the mountains through lush forests and grassy plains, all the way to the sea where it joined the sparkling blue waves and disappeared into the horizon.

It had been an agricultural farming community for generations, made up of a variety of sentient species that were mostly human or humanoid in nature. They held a deep respect for their planet and lived in vibrant harmony with it, cultivating it and caring for it to the best of their abilities and appreciating the beauty and sustenance it produced. Technology was minimal, yet the towns scattered across its surface worked in diligent cooperation and always had precisely what they needed to enjoy a simple, fruitful life. There was a prevailing spirit of contentment and curiosity, propelled by the bountiful resources that seemed to evolve and change regularly.

Tech had not only thoroughly researched all of the options but had somehow communicated with local leaders to secure a variety of potential careers and regions on the planet that would be attractive for each member of his family. They'd arrived to a warm welcome and had spent a number of days exploring the entire planet, visiting towns and villages with different needs, environments, and structures. As Tech had predicted, there was a fitting place for everyone, and since the world was so much smaller than most they'd been to, it was a short flight even between villages on opposite sides of the planet. With the war coming to a sudden end and the complete uproar in the Core Worlds, there was plenty of military equipment that no one was paying attention to, so the cargo ship and handful of LA-ATs that came to Bendego with the clones weren't missed.

"What do you think?" Tech asked, coming to stand beside her, following her gaze. They were standing on a grassy knoll at the edge of a village, watching the sun dip below the mountains. It was an older star than the ones that illuminated many of the other planets they'd been on, resulting in a larger, more reddish glow when it kissed the horizon each day. The atmosphere here was also a little thicker, and clouds of virtually every color were always dappled across the sky, impossibly large and fluffy. Grassy hills rolled away from them in gentle curves until they reached the forest that nestled along the base of the mountains. A large river wove its way through it all, continuing past the village until it disappeared out of sight.

"This entire planet is incredibly beautiful," Vel breathed, tears springing to her eyes unbidden. From Corellia to Coruscant, she'd spent most of her time on industrial, urban, gray planets, yet her heart had always yearned for nature. She'd held it in her heart from childhood, soaking it up whenever she could, and now, on a world where there was nothing but vibrant life in all directions, she felt as though her chest were about to burst.

"It appears to have an emotional effect?" Tech observed, ending with a question in his tone to invite her to share. She brushed the backs of her hands across her eyes quickly, turning to him with a closed-mouth smile.

"Overwhelming joy," she identified. "Disbelief. Awe. Excitement. Contentment. A nagging, foreboding sense that this cannot possibly be real... And yet undeniable evidence all around me that yes, it actually is real."

"That is an impressive variety of feelings to experience simultaneously," he responded, stepping closer as some of his "research", namely an archaic romance novel, popped into his mind. He gently turned her back to face the view, snuggling his torso against her back and wrapping his arms around her waist. His armor was safely tucked away on the ship, and he'd even relinquished his lifelong hold on the black base layers in favor of a simple, cream-colored henley shirt and dark brown pants. The utility belt was a permanent fixture, however, containing a variety of pouches and a holster for his blaster. His sleeves were pushed up to his elbows, and Vel relaxed her head against his cheek, heart thrilling as she caressed his forearms and relished his snug embrace.

"You are amazing," she murmured, feeling his chest swell a tiny bit at the praise. "I can't believe you found a place so perfect for everyone." She drifted off, considering all of the areas they had visited. They had talked about building a life together, but it had seemed hypothetical and distant. Now, the potential was staring them in the face, but neither had made any deliberate invitations or comments about it.

"I have something to show you," Tech said quietly, pressing a kiss to her hair as he pulled away, holding out his hand for her to take. They began a leisurely walk through the meadow, following a small path that looked as though it had been worn by the deer-like creatures that frequented the area. There was barely enough room for them to walk side by side without the soft grasses brushing their calves, but when the river came into view, it widened as it followed the curves of the bank. Passing into the trees now, the fading light was beginning to make it difficult to see.

The rushing water provided a soothing background hum to the sounds of the birds coming out for the night and the wind rustling through the tall trees. The ground was soft underfoot, and Vel's senses were delighted with the cool evening air, the scent of wood and earth, and the lushness of the forest all around. The warmth of Tech's hand around hers made it all that much better, and she gave his hand a squeeze of appreciation as they continued. He seemed to know where he was going, and this time she didn't question it, having been so enthralled with his stargazing surprise.

After another minute, a faint glow appeared, and Vel furrowed her brow, squinting a little in the dim light to better see what it was. Old habits stirred up a sense of fear in her, but as she took a deep breath and Tech cast a quick glance at her, she realized there was no need for that here. The dense trees opened up into a small clearing, where a quaint cottage came into view, warm light pouring from its windows and casting a golden glow all around. Lazy wisps of smoke drifted up from the stacked-stone chimney, dancing in the dusk until disappearing into the tree canopy.

Tech stopped at the foot of the stone stairs that led up to a small wooden porch wrapping around the front and side of the cottage. He turned to face Vel, taking both her hands in his, and met her gaze with a soulful expression in his amber eyes.

"I... apologize... if I have overstepped," he began, and her mind was racing as quickly as her heart was pounding. "But I took a calculated risk based on all the data I could consider." He swallowed, looking down and brushing his thumbs across her knuckles before continuing. "The villagers here are working to create a central ecological database. They have been compiling their information by hand. They expressed great interest when I suggested some methods to streamline the process and organize the material more efficiently."

Vel's eyes were wide, fixed on his with eager hope. It took all her patience to avoid blurting out questions that she knew he would soon get to. But she felt as though her entire life were about to fall into place. Finally.

"I immediately thought of your delight on Kashyyyk, and the way the geological cache and arboreal variety seemed to captivate you so... It brought you to life in a way that I have not yet seen anything else even come close to. I thought you might find great joy and lasting fulfillment in such an endeavor, and the comfort and location of this dwelling only solidified my inclination."

"Tech. What are you saying?" she asked, shaking inside as she smiled broadly at him.

"This is your home, if you wish to accept," he said finally, a softness in his eyes. "I believe you will be... happy... and that is my utmost priority."

"But..." Vel hesitated, considering a significant piece of missing information that brought her down from her euphoria for a moment. "Just... my home?" She shifted on her feet, tilting her head at him with the further questions remaining unspoken. A tiny smile danced at the corners of Tech's lips, and he heaved a great sigh.

"It would appear that this is the only living structure currently available in this area," he said slowly, slight twitches betraying his effort to keep a straight face.

"Tech..." she prodded, squeezing his hands and pulling him closer, arms now resting straight to where their hands met below their waists. "You're toying with me."

"I would never," he said flatly, biting his lip and dropping his eyes to the side. He seemed to be mulling something over. He took another deep breath and lifted his head back to hers, resolute now as he gazed into her eyes. Vel had been about to tease, but the intensity of his face stole the words from her mouth. His chin dropped a bit as he cast a glance to her lips, tilting his head slightly and leaning in to share an unfathomably tender kiss. He lingered for a moment before pulling away with a satisfied hum.

"Vel... While I have suspected it for quite some time, it is impossible to quantify and therefore entirely subjective in measure... It is also not at all within any realm of the purposes for which I was created and engineered, and yet it appears to be a human experience of which I am capable... Not only capable, but... assuredly entrenched. We are all starting over, in a way – crafting our lives from the basest elements. And while there are many factors that are both necessary and desirable, there is only one upon which I wish to build."

He gently dropped her hands from his own, moving instead to settle one on her hip and to affectionately caress the side of her face with the other. She closed her eyes for the briefest of seconds, leaning into his touch and committing his words to memory. It was as though she could hear what was coming, and she wanted to soak up every single moment of it.

"I love you," said Tech, voice suddenly quavering a tiny bit. "I am in love with you. I love almost everything about you."

Vel laughed, happy tears crowding her eyelashes again. "Almost? That's fair..." She felt her heart swell in her chest, completely enamored with his eternal factuality.

"Inaccuracy is not permissible simply for the sake of emotional effect," Tech murmured, bringing his forehead an inch lower, his nose nearly touching hers. "Therefore, considering the magnitude of both my commitment and connection to you, I would be most honored if you would allow me to make your provision, your safety, your fulfillment, and your happiness my utmost priority."

"I don't even know what you're asking, but that sounds fantastic," Vel giggled, her voice a broken whisper as a single tear escaped down her cheek, brushed away gently by his thumb. She looked up at him, enamored by the complete fullness of his presence. He was both intentional and vulnerable, leading and inviting.

"I am asking you to build a life with me, together in this home, upon the foundation of a mutual love we share for one another. That is, if it is something you hold–" Now it was her turn to kiss him, slipping her arms around his waist and pulling him against her as much as she could. She pressed a smiling kiss to his mouth, breathing heavily through her nose from the absolute thrill that was cascading over her.

"You have my whole heart, Tech," she said against his lips, her voice pitchy and breathless with emotion. She felt him smile against her as well, and his arms wrapped around her shoulders firmly, turning his head to the side to hold her close in a warm embrace. She could feel his heartbeat through his shirt, pressed against her own, and she cupped the back of his neck, caressing it with eager fingers. When they separated, cheeks flushed and eyes brimming with emotion, he gave her a small nod, taking her hand and leading her up the steps to the cottage. He touched the doorknob and paused, looking back to her.

"You didn't exactly say–"

"I love you!" she exclaimed, being unable to do anything else but laugh. She was in complete bliss, and the way his face reacted to her proclamation was yet another image she wanted to treasure forever. It was a mixture of relief and gratitude, affection and excitement, and finally settled into a simple, peaceful smile.

"Excellent. I believe you will enjoy what awaits us inside."

"I believe I will." 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

9.7K 326 56
~Book two to Valerie's story~ What was only one mistake turned out to be the very thing that possibly saved her life. Newly appointed Jedi-Knight Val...
1.7K 56 16
Have you read my Onyx x Tech books? Well then here is a collection of oneshots about Onyx and her life. From moments with the 501st to her time with...
5.3K 146 28
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...
10.5K 414 37
Crosshair+Force wielder OC Version one All her life she has been someone's weapon. Weather her wielder was the infamous Queen of Zygerria as the Com...