Let's Make A Deal, My King

By YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... More

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

33: Every Second Counts

183 15 1
By YuuMA08

A/N: I thought I wouldn't be able to post an update this week but then again, I never thought I would have enough free time.

The picture shows the color of Amelia's eyes.

******

Cassius

Ever since I met Amelia, I had this feeling that she and I were a bit similar. The both of us are keeping secrets. Not simple ones but something heavier that only we can understand. I know she was hesitating to reveal her secrets and I will not ask her unless she open up first. She also knew that I knew that she was hiding so many secrets.

I'm not angry though, or upset. In fact, I find it adorable how she's trying to avoid bringing up her secrets. It's amazing, this feeling of having an aethyraz. It's incredible how I can understand her so well like I've known her all my life despite only just meeting her.

I smiled as I followed her trying to find her way into the forest. Surprisingly, she knew where she was going as if she's been here before. Zeyd and Hansel found her in the forest but it was on a different path. The forest is very vast so I don't think she went this path before.

I already knew where she was planning on going with the path she took. Before we entered the forest, I could hear young wolves inside the forest. When we're nearing the destination, I can hear five pups and Hansel's nephew, Casper. They were bullying Casper and I can tell, this is the purpose of her visit to the forest.

"Hey! You kids, stop bullying Casper. Don't think I'll let this go! I remembered all of your faces." she yelled at the kids. As soon as the other kids left, Amelia rushed towards Casper.

"Hey, buddy! Are you okay? We should go, this place is not safe-" she suddenly stopped.

I can also feel it. A bloodlust not too far from here. But before I could respond, a gunfire could be heard. It went straight to Amelia and my body just froze as I watched her clutching the wound where the bullet went.

I could only finally move when I heard Zeyd and the rest of the warriors approaching and Amelia starting to fall. I caught her before she could reach the ground. A lot of blood kept pouring out from her wound and I tried to stop it.

She's not healing.

"J-just like that? So fucking anticlimactic." she scoffed.

"Amelia, you're going to be okay. Stay with me okay? You only need to stay awake. Quinn will be right here any moment." I said with my voice and hands trembling as I caressed her face. She reached out to my face and rubbed something under my eye. I didn't even realize that I started to tear up. Something that I thought I would never experience.

"I'm sorry." she said breathlessly before her eyes closed.

"Amelia? Non mon amour, please open your eyes." I said as I held her closer to me.

"Cassius!" Quinn arrived and checked Amelia's pulse and if she was still breathing. "We need to bring her to my clinic."

I ran as fast as I could, while carefully carrying Amelia until we reached the pack clinic with Quinn's wife waiting for us. I put Amelia on the stretcher and the staff quickly took her to the emergency room. I followed them but Quinn stopped me.

"My King, I'm sorry but you can't enter." he firmly said.

"Save her. Do everything you can to save her." I ordered him and he bowed down in submission.

"I-I will do everything I can to save her." he said and went inside.

"My King, we have apprehended the sniper and killed the rest. We already put him inside the dungeon." Zeyd said who was already beside me. I took one last look at the door. Behind those is where my aethyraz, my Amelia, is lying and fighting for her life.

"Let's go." I said and started to walk towards the dungeon entrance.

Don't worry Amelia, I'll make sure they spill everything.

******

It's been two weeks since Amelia was in a state of coma. Although the surgery was successful, it will take a while for her to regain consciousness. I interrogated the sniper who did it but he only said that he was hired by someone and gave the bullet to him. Instructed him to kill the kids. He said that he didn't know who it was.

I know those bastards weren't aiming for the wolves. They hired someone who was not involved with them and targeted the children cause they knew Amelia would step in. This is a carefully calculated plan. This is not from an ordinary rogue. Amelia's enemies are far more dangerous for her to handle alone.

Quinn took out the empty bullet shell a few inches away from her heart. There were unknown substances inside the bullet that started to spread. It was a good thing that it spread slowly and that Quinn managed to extract them before it could reach her heart and other organs.

But there are still that remains and stuck to her. Purple veins can be seen creeping out, towards the neck and her face, from where the wound is. They are also visible on her arms. It's the same as being poisoned. She is not recovering and she's still not waking up. It feels like something or someone is preventing her from waking up. I know it's strange but I can feel it.

Since I'm here 24/7, I let Zeyd handle the pack matters. I can't leave Amelia's side since any moment she could wake up. She'll be having an emotional roller coaster the moment she wakes up.

As I kept on looking at her sleeping face, Quinn entered the room, carrying with him a lot of papers. He placed it on a table and began to check on Amelia. He was quite nervous so I knew that something was wrong.

"Tell me." I said without looking at him. "Tell me what you found out."

"Well, the thing is. I did an experiment on the remaining contents of the bullet. First of all the bullet was made so that after contact through an immense force, the contents will pour out. It's liquid and gold in color. I tried my best but there are a few contents that are unknown to me and the guild. I don't know why but these contents are very harmful to her. It's not harmful to our kind since some of our warriors were shot as well but it did not react like how it is for Amelia." He said while looking at the papers.

"Did you contact the vampire and the witch?" I asked him. If there is someone who might know it would be those people closest to her.

"We did, but they also don't know. I gave the book to Vargo cause maybe she could recover the torn pages where the potion was probably used on the bullet. But...she can't do it or any of the witches since it was made by Winderwald himself. A powerful spell was cast that if it was damaged it could never be recovered. Unless the caster was the one who will recover it." I sighed in frustration.

"How long...how long will Amelia..." I can't say it. I will not say it.

"Your majesty, Amelia is currently fighting for it. It's a miracle that she's still okay after two wee-"

"HOW LONG, QUINN?!" I raised my voice and he cowered submissively.

"T-...two days." After he said those, I felt like my whole world fell apart. "I'm so sorry, your majesty."

Then this is not the time to sit still. Every second counts.

"No! It's not over yet." I said. I took one last look at Amelia before I left and headed towards the library. Towards the place where Amelia found that book.

The only answer I will find is where it all started.

I went to the hidden room in the library. Although it's small, there are three shelves that are filled with books. I started to read them one by one until I'd read all of them. I've been here for seven hours and I can't find a single thing related to that liquid.

"Your majesty! Her Highness- the Queen is-" Hansel mind-linked me but was cut off by an explosion. It came from the clinic.

I did not hesitate to run and head to where Amelia was. As I arrived at the clinic, flames covered the entire building. People inside the building went out and a lot of warriors were trying to put out the fire.

"Your majesty! We don't kno-" Zeyd was about to say something but I cut him off and entered the burning building.

Although the fire is very strong and some were caught by it and had burns it didn't try to burn me. In fact, the flames avoided me. It was very obvious for it to look like a coincidence as everywhere my feet or any part of my body came into contact with, the flames would immediately avoid me like the plague.

I went to the room where Amelia was and I was surprised at what I saw. I don't know if I should feel happy or concerned. Amelia was on the floor, her clothes were burned by her flames but her body was covered by her big wings.

Amelia looked at me scared and her eyes, her eyes were different. The colors of her eyes changed and it wasn't just one color, there were multiple colors. It shines like multicolored crystals. It appeared for only a moment before it returned back to normal.

She then vomited dark purple liquid. Some also came out from her eyes, nose, and ears, and some on her skin. As the liquid was being expelled from her body, she cried an agonizing scream. That seemed to snap me out and ran towards her but her huge wings pushed me and sent me flying across the room.

"Don't...come near me." she writhed. Of course, I didn't follow her as I ran and embraced her. She lashed out from my embrace but I held her tightly.

"It's okay, Amelia. I'm here. No one is going to hurt you. You're safe with me." I soothed her and that seemed to calm her down until she fell unconscious again.

"You're going to be okay, Amelia. I won't let anything happen to you again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7M 879K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
9.7K 148 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
63.5K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
7.1K 658 22
NOTE: This is completed but unedited. It will be going through major changes soon including with plot and character changes. Once it is all changed...