Love Amidst Chaos

By rhythm_says_hi

This story is a prequel of my previous story 'You Are My Everything'. But it can be read as stand-alone. 6 yo... More

Prologue
Cast and Plot Summary
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

421 38 51
By rhythm_says_hi

"Good morning, Cadets. Cadet Huda and Cadet Ahluwalia, step forward." Major Nair said in a no-nonsense tone.

Naina glared at Huda who just smiled cheekily at her. Naina huffed and looked at Major.

"Since, aap dono ki dosti ke kisse kaafi sunne mein mil rahe hein kal se, you both are going to be a team for the drill today. Any objections?" Major Nair smirked at both of then, specifically at Naina. He felt deep satisfaction, seeing her riled up like that.

'Come on, Naina. Bas ek baar... ek baar is arrangement ke liye mana kar ke dekho, then I'll have the perfect reason to get you suspended from the training. You may have joined the training. Par iska matlab ye nahi ki tum ye training kar paogi.' Major Nair felt proud of his evil plan.

Naina on the other hand, was very well aware of the mind-game that was being played by the Major. 

"No Sir." Naina replied confidently and gave a small smile to the Major, letting him know that clearly she had the upper hand here.

If it was a cartoon, the cadets could have surely seen smoke out of Major Nair's ears.

Huda on the other hand was different story. He assumed, mind you, assumed, that Naina was happy with this arrangement after seeing the smile on her face.

"Very well, back to your positions. Now, there will be two teams - seekers and hiders. The 'Hiders' Team will have the first go. Hiding the clues and evidences is one of the most important traits that a soldier should have. Therefore, each team will hide the artifact that will be given to you in a few moments. After the hiders have returned back to the base, the team of seekers will go to find the artifact with the help of some clues that you will be given after the former teams return. The objective of this drill are simple: 1. Team-work and mutual understanding. 2. Analysis and navigation to resolve the situation. 3. Ability to solve the situation in limited time in an unknown surrounding. Any doubts?" Major Nair yelled.

"No Sir." The cadets replied with equal fervor.

"The hiders... step forward and begin the drill." He said as he went to back to sit on his chair and drink his coffee.

Soon, it was time for Naina and Huda to find the artifact that was marked on the map.

As they went deeper in the jungle, Naina sweetly whispered to Huda.... sweetly... Naina... all good, right?

"Huda, see what a beautiful place this is..." She said in a sickly sweet voice.

It took Huda almost 10 seconds to process that Naina was indeed talking to him.

"Oye Phoolan, you are talking to me... ME...." He yelled back enthusiastically. "Of course, this place is very beautiful..." He replied with a goofy smile.

"Yup.... beautiful indeed.... to hide a dead body. You know, if I kill you now and hide your corpse here, then no one will ever find you." She said in dangerous whisper and Huda squeaked like a mouse and jumped away from her in fear.

"Mummyji... kya khatarnak janani hai ye... ab kya kar diya maine...?" He said but kept his safe distance from her.

"Kiya nahi hai... but just to remind you ki agar kuchh kiya to yaad rakhna maine abhi jo kaha..." Naina smirked and went ahead of him.

"Hey uparwale... sahi naam kaha maine... phoolan hai... phoolan nahi chudail hai... isse bach ke rehna, Huda... warna tu kunwara hi marega... bhoot pishach nikat nahi aave.........." He kept whispering words of encouragement to himself.

Naina reached the point which was marked on the map, the only problem was the place was way up from where she was.

"Abe phoolan yar kab se tujhse paani maang raha hu. Paani de de na yar. Maine kya bigada hai tera? Are sorry bhi to bola tha na. Are please na yar... sun to sahi... Phoolan... Phoolaaannnnnnn....." Huda kept whining behind Naina just to irritate her.

"Oh God... Shut up!!!!!! Ye lo pani ki bottle aur ab ek bhi awaaz ayi na to dekh lena....." She glared at him and Huda shrunk back in fear, nodding his head like a kid.

"We need to climb up if we need to reach there." She stated.

"You are right. But it is way up. You'll injure your soft, precious hands. Matlab mera samajh aata hai ki main to gabru jawan hu... roz bhaiso ka doodh pee kar mast body bana li hai par tum itni si..." Huda turned around to look at Naina only to find her climbing the small hill with the help of the roots of the trees.

'Kuchh to baat hai is kudi main.... Kamal ki himmat hai isme..." Huda kept looking at Naina with awe and admiration and something more..... new-found respect for her determination.

"Ab upar bhi ana hai ya neeche khade khade time waste karna hai." Naina yelled at him.

"Are aa raha hu... aa raha hu..." Huda joined her and soon they had the object in their hand.

They returned back to the base where Major was already waiting from them.

"We found the object, sir." Naina reported to Major.

Major smirked at them which both Naina and Huda found and look at each other, discreetly.

"Who figured out the map first?" Major asked.

Huda thought that this was the right time for himself to redeem his actions and hence, let Naina have the credit and respect that she deserves. So he gestured her to continue. Naina was confused at this.

"I did, Sir." She replied.

"And who decided that climbing up was the best option?" Major asked again as he looked them straight in the eye.

"It was Naina's idea sir, it saved us time." Huda replied.

"Then what was your contribution in this entire exercise, Cadet Huda?" Major asked him and he was stumped by this sudden question.

"Uh... Sir...." He tried to form a sentence.

"You both do realize that this was a team exercise not a solo one. Or Cadet Singh... ooops.... I mean Cadet Ahluwalia couldn't control that so-called leader in her?" He taunted Naina and for the first time after coming to the academy, she felt herself tear-up.

'But I did try my best. Why no one sees my efforts. Why are they trying to prove me wrong at everything I do?' She closed her eyes to stop her tears and took a deep breath. She couldn't help but feel a bit angry at Huda. 

'He could have lied for once and acted like a team... but no... He always messes everything up.' She looked at him.

Huda on the other hand was shocked by Major's words. 'Ye bawla hai kya? Ye har cheez ko ghuma kar Naina ko hi blame karne lagta hai. She did something good today and she deserved that appreciation for it. Ab Naina ko lagega ki maine jaan-boojhkar use fasaya. Yar mummyji.. main jab bhi kuchh achha karne jata hu... to bura kyun ho jata hai?' He saw Naina looking at him with disappointment.

"And who said that you both saved time? You both took the most time and hence are ranked the last in this exercise." He said in a booming voice and dismissed them.

Naina decided that she wasn't too hungry and excused herself and retired to her room.

When everyone left for the mess for lunch, the last person picked up a paper that was lying near the table where Major was sitting.

He saw the paper which had the timings of each pair on it. And the pair on number one was

1.Cadet Ahluwalia and Cadet Huda - 23.435 mins.

2. Cadet Baig and Cadet Reddy - 26.320 mins

The person clenched his fists seeing the unfair tactics of the Major. The Major didn't share the final results with anyone and therefore no one knew their finishing time. Turns out that mostly cadets opted for going around the hill to save time and the person could see his name on the third place. That means that Huda was indeed right. The person pocketed the paper in anger and waited for the right time.

TO,

THE READERS,

SUBJECT - APPLICATION OF APOLOGY FOR LATE UPDATED.

RESPECTED READERS,

I, YOUR LETHARGIC WRITER IS BACK WITH THE UPDATE. DUE TO MY BRAIN NOT COOPERATING WITH MY BODY, I WAS UNABLE TO UPDATE SOONER. APPARENTLY, EVERYTHING HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN AND WORKS ACCORDING TO IT (BUT NOT MY MIND  ̄へ ̄).

SO, YEAH.... PWEASEEEE GRANT ME APOLOGY. I'LL TRY TO BE MORE CONSISTENT WITH THE UPDATES.

SINCERELY,

WELL... YOU GUYS DO KNOW ME... ○( ^皿^)っ Hehehe...

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON : SOON (HEHEHE)

WORD COUNT : 1224 WORDS

DATE : OCTOBER 16, 2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 939 39
What is love. Some say it's a sacrifice, a feeling that you can't end. Ek Aisa ehsaas Jo aapko kabhi na akele chorta hai na kabhi kabhi aapko akele r...
13.2K 637 8
This is a short story based on the popular Hindi show "Left Right Left". What happens when the unexpected happens? What happens when your teacher st...
26.4K 2.9K 40
Two new entries in KMA. Why they both are posted in KMA? KMA is again targeted by enemies. Will it be saved without sacrifices this time? Who are t...
166K 8.7K 29
☾︎ 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚕 ☽︎ ~♡︎~ 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛�...