The Marriage Agreement

De ionlyseedaylight

Tine knew he needs to marry someone to access his mother's inheritance and open his own law firm. But what he... Mais

Chapter 1: Who is Tine Teepakorn?💋
Chapter 2: Why did you kiss me, Tine?
Chapter 3: Marry me
Chapter 4: I'll always keep you happy, Tine
Chapter 5: I am dating Sarawat Guntithanon
Chapter 6: When do we get married?
Chapter 7: Should we give them a show?🔥
Chapter 8: You and me from the night before
Chapter 9: I put my trust in you, Sarawat
Chapter 10: I almost do 💍
Chapter 11: The wedding night
Chapter 12: New money, suit, and tie
Chapter 13: It's been a long time coming
Chapter 14: You belong with me💋
Chapter 15: Baby, kiss it better 💋
Chapter 16: Reputation precedes me, in rumors I'm knee deep
Chapter 17: And he feels like home
Chapter 18: Help me hold onto you
Chapter 19: I don't want you like a best friend
Chapter 20: I am ash from your fire🔥
Chapter 21: Something happened for the first time💋
Chapter 22: The room is on fire, invisible smoke🔞
Chapter 23: Kiss me, try to fix it
Chapter 24: Dive bar on the east side, where you at?🔥
Chapter 25: There was nowhere for me to stay, but I stayed anyway 💋
Chapter 26: I'd marry you with paper rings
Chapter 27: Look what you made me do
Chapter 28: I'm falling in love 🔞
Chapter 29: Love is a verb
Chapter 30: Paper cut stings from our paper thin plans
Chapter 31: He looks up grinning like a devil 🔞
Chapter 32: You're my Achilles heel
Chapter 33: And you know for me, it's always you
Chapter 34: Love is a ruthless game
Chapter 36: Heartbreak warfare
Chapter 37: My castle's crumbling down
Chapter 38: Rain soaking, blind hoping
Chapter 39: I'll tell you the truth, but never goodbye🔞
Chapter 40: This is why we can't have nice things
Chapter 41: Who could ever leave me, darling?

Chapter 35: Your heart was glass, I dropped it

3.6K 288 89
De ionlyseedaylight

Tine's POV

"How dare you say no to me? Do you even know who I am?"

I cringe as I overhear the voice I never wished to hear in a beautiful place like this. This person shouldn't be in Italy. I thought coming to another continent would at least help me avoid assholes.

After strolling through the beach to clear my head, I found a restaurant overlooking the sea. I perched on a corner table with some kind of German beer in my hand, whose name I couldn't pronounce.

The plan was quite simple -- Drink at least three beers before walking back home and straightening things up with Sarawat. I hated that I had yelled at him and bolted out. And I never wanted to do that in my life again.

But I was only finishing up my first beer and really hoping my plan didn't get disrupted by the asshole yelling in this bar right now -- still yelling. The asshole, I absolutely did not want to talk to.

So, I scooted in the corner even more and bend down my head so he wouldn't notice me.

I didn't have it even me to deal with him right now. The last time we met I almost punched him in the face because he was talking shit about Sarawat. Still regret not punching him

"Look who it is, the man of the hour-- " I didn't turn my head as I heard him yelling out, again. Considering how far away he was from me, he definitely wasn't talking to me. "The true devil who ruined my whole family. How does it feel to be hated by everyone in this world, Guntithanon?"

"Fucking great.... Umm, I am sorry I can't remember your name -- Thanawat has too many useless sons."

My neck snapped in their direction as I heard Sarawat's voice.

When I turned, I saw Sarawat mumbling something to Fong and while I couldn't make what he was saying, he definitely wasn't saying anything nice.

And then it happened -- like slow motion -- Fong's fist flew in the air and hit Sarawat's jaw.

What. the. fuck.

It all happened so fast, I don't even think I registered what happened before I was running towards him.

Before I lost my cool and hit Fong with everything that I had. Before I pushed him to the ground and kicked him till the restaurant staff gathered to stop me.

"I will fucking murder you if you even try to hurt my husband, Fong. Did you not understand my warning the last time?"

"Tine, you have lost your mind." That's all Fong could say in his boozy daze.

"Sir, you can't do that here. You need to leave" Two waiters were pacing towards me, probably to throw me out of the restaurant.

"Don't you dare... touch him.

Step back right now" Sarawat stared down the waiters.

"Boss, sorry. You told us to keep our distance." Two buffed men dressed in black suddenly appeared next to Sarawat, looking obviously out of breath.

I sighed. I didn't know what was worse -- Sarawat bringing security with him even on a private vacation or Sarawat getting hit by fucking Fong even after paying for these idiot bodyguards who couldn't even protect him.

"Wrap it up neatly." He said before turning towards me. "Lets leave Tine."

I didn't protest when Sarawat asked me to follow him. I should have never left the villa. I should have never yelled at him. We could have been drinking together in the pool right now -- Or having lunch, god, was I hungry.

But instead, I had ruined this entire vacation that he had planned to just take me away from all of my family's craziness. All of my life's craziness.

.

.

.

.

.

I stared at Sarawat as we walked side by side on the shore. He was tapping on his phone and that's when I noticed the cut on his jaw. "Fucking hell, its bleeding. I should have killed him.

Where is all your security when you actually need them? Also, what is even the point of bringing security on our vacation?"

"I have to bring security with me everywhere I go, Tine. To protect me and to protect us. I have enemies. Case in point, the brawl that happened less than five minutes ago."

"Security that couldn't even protect you. I will sue your security guards if this cut leaves a scar"

"Its not their fault. I had asked them to keep some distance. I--I didn't anticipate any danger on this beach." He smiled.

I huffed. "I am better at protecting you, than them."

"That-- I'll agree with."

Sarawat tried to intertwine his hand with mine when I suddenly realised what a mess I had created at the bar for him and ruined everything.

"Is the jet still here?" I asked.

"Ah.. yes.." Sarawat's smile disappeared.

He probably hates me for ruining everything.

"Good, tell them to get ready for departure in 2 hours. There is no way I can stay here peacefully for another day"

"You want to leave?"

"Of course Wat, I need to leave."

Sarawat stopped walking and stood right in front of me. "Why?"

"Because I can't stay here anymore — Didn't we just discuss it?"

"No we absolutely didn't discuss it.

You are going to leave without me? You are really going to leave me here?"

I looked at him confused. "Why would I leave without you?

Do you want to stay here and watch me go or do you want me to get arrested here?"

"Arrested? What are you talking about? Why would you get arrested?"

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Wat, I just hit Fong. At least two dozen people saw me. If you think he is not going to get local authorities involved, you don't know him."

Sarawat's shoulders visibly relaxed. "You... want to leave together because.. with me...because you think Fong would call the police."

"Yes, I know he will. Why else would I want to leave?"

"I--I thought you were angry at me. I thought you didn't want to stay here with me."

"And why would I ever leave you? Wat..." I touched his cheek. "Fuck.

I am sorry for yelling at you.

It took me a bit of beer to clear my head but I understand that you were just looking out for me. I just wish you had been more honest."

Sarawat stared at me. "I am sorry for not telling you about everything. I--I was just trying to protect you."

"I know... And I am sorry for ruining this whole vacation."

"You didn't ruin anything. And we are definitely not leaving. I'll handle everything"

"But--"

"By the time we reach the villa, things will be settled and we won't see Fong anywhere on this island."

"You--you are not going to hurt him, are you?"

"Me? I am not the one who threatened to murder him." He laughed.

"Hey! I -- I was angry. And I am still fucking angry. That cut might scar." I looked around. "Wait.. I need to find a medical store."

"Honestly, never seen you physically hit someone — That was pretty hot."

I laughed. "It wasn't. I really wanted to kill him."

"For the record, if you killed anyone, I would help you hide the body and be your alibi"

"And people say romance is dead. — You know what, I might take you up on that offer someday."

Sarawat put his hand around my shoulder. "Do you want to eat out somewhere or should we go back?"

"If we go back, will you cook something? Because I am hungry."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Those noodles you made for me when you came to my apartment the first time."

"You got it.

And in return, you agreeing to go to a doctor's appointment with me in London next week."

"Wait, what?"

/

/

/

/

"Its understandable to be panicking about this Tine, but this is not a diagnosis. Its a way for you to prepare better for the future. You are perfectly healthy and all your reports seem normal. I also went through your mother's hospital records that were shared with me directly by the hospital and there is nothing in there that could potentially be alarming for you. Yes cancer can be hereditary but genetic testing is more useful for people who have a family history of incurable, autoimmune or life-limiting diseases.

But cancer is curable -- The sooner we can diagnose it, the more chances we have of fighting against it."

I bit my lip hearing the last sentence. Sarawat hadn't let go of my hand since we walked into this hospital. This was a normal checkup with a very renowned oncologist in London and I am sure Sarawat pulled quite a few strings to get this setup on a short notice, but all it did was make me more nervous. I just never want to go into the cancer wing of any hospital ever again.

"So, my mother could have fought this if only she had gone to hospital on time."

Sarawat squeezed my hand under the table. He hadn't said anything during my conversation with the doctor. All he did was listen.

"May be, may be not. Its too late to speculate on that Tine."

"All I have known in my life is that cancer kills people."

The doctor smiled. "And my job is to help people survive cancer. If cancer really killed all people suffering from it, I'd be out of a job.

Tine, the medical field has changed drastically since your mother was diagnosed, a decade ago. I have seen patients beat leukemia and live their life like nothing could hold them back. Genetic testing can be scary, knowing that there is a possibility of getting this godforsaken disease, but you shouldn't let it hold you back.

The goal is to use those test results to your advantage."

"Are there any major precautions or changes in lifestyle that Tine should consider?" Sarawat finally spoke up.

The doctor looked at me. "You should live your life the way you want, Tine. Of course, as a doctor I would recommend you to choose more healthier lifestyle -- Drink less, Exercise routinely, get good rest. I would also recommend getting annual health checkups or visit your local doctors if anything feels out of the ordinary. That's about it really."

"That's it?"

"That's really it. You can come in and meet me for your annual checkups, whenever you are in London."

"What--what if I suddenly get diagnosed? What's the first step? Chemo?" I finally blurted out the question that looms in my head every night.

The doctor smiled. "We'll cross that bridge when and if we get there, Tine. May be we will never have to have this conversation ever -- And that's how I hope you will lead your life, Tine."

/

/

/

/

/

"Can I tell you something really stupid?" I said as we walked through London's nightscapes. It was a good change in scenery after spending quiet nights in Italy. The city lights looked beautiful and my husband looked even more stunning as the lights reflected through him.

Sarawat narrowed his eyebrows. "Okay.. how stupid are we really talking here?"

"I made a will and asked Mil to be the executioner."

Sarawat stood his ground and just stared at me.

"I wanted to get things in order if something were to happen.. to me."

Sarawat ran his hands through his hair. "You can't be serious right now.

Nothing-- nothing is going to happen to you, Tine."

I nodded. "May be. May be not. We don't know. But I have decided not to bet against myself anymore.

I am only 25. I shouldn't be thinking about dying everyday. I should be thinking about my future. About our future.

So... once we get back to Bangkok, I am going to take that will back from Mil and destroy."

'"Can I burn it?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Why not?"

"So what's the future?"

"Huh?"

"What do you see for our future? What are the things that you want to do? I want a detailed list so we can stay on track with all the timelines."

"This isn't a work project Guntithanon."

"Give me the list."

"I don't know. I haven't thought about it."

"Then think about it..."

"Umm, I am planning to refurbish the apartments that were previously over my law office. The work is already under progress. There are only three apartments, one on each floor and the building is over 50 years old, but I really want to keep its essence."

"Do you want to rent them out?"

"I haven't thought about what to do with them yet. May be keep one apartment for the law firm and rent the others. "

"Okay.... that's a plan. But that's not the answer to my question."

He didn't have to repeat the question. I knew it. I just wasn't sure of the answer.

I put his hand into mine. "When we get back, lets go visit mom. I realised today, I haven't even formally introduced you yet."

Sarawat smiled. "Sounds like a plan.

What else is on the list?"

"Ummm.. I want to go back to the beach house, at least once a month. Only -- and only if you would feel comfortable going back there. May be one weekend a month. We could also take Miss Elizabeth with us."

"We could definitely do that.

What else?"

"Ummm.. you are not allowed to take me on surprise vacations anymore. I like to plan things, Sarawat. I am a planner. I need at least a three months notice before taking a vacation this long. And I also want to have some say in where to go."

Sarawat nodded. "Noted."

"And you are not allowed to hide things from me anymore.

Whatever it is, be honest with me."

/

/

/

/

/

The moment we touched down in Bangkok, I was already regretting coming back here.

My phone had been blasting off the past few weeks with my father in judicial custody.

Last night, Type had been arrested for drunk driving and possession of drugs. Not that it was any bit surprising. It was a long time coming.

I decided to ignore the news when I saw it on my phone and slept as soon as the plane took off. Technically I was still on vacation until I didn't reach Thailand and I didn't even want to think of all the mess back home.

But there was no ignoring now.

As I walked through the airport, there were newspapers lined up -- with my fathers face on the front page, along with Type's. Each newspaper had a different, more insulting words for him.

I sighed loudly as Sarawat's driver hauled our luggage inside the car. It was a good thing we decided to come back very early in the morning. The sun wasn't out yet and the airport was almost empty.

While I was angry at Sarawat for planning this sudden trip, when I heard the press had been hounding my office, I was relieved I wasn't there. Otherwise, nobody would have been able to get any work done and it would have been all my fault. The reporters eventually stopped coming to the office after a few days of realising they wouldn't find me there.

"Regretting coming back already?" Sarawat said as we made our way into the car.

"Yes? One month seemed like a really long time but it went by in a flash -- I mean it was only four weeks. I think I need a longer break."

Sarawat put his arm around me. "We could arrange that and add it to the list. Let me handle a few things at office and then may be we could take a longer trip around Christmas."

Christmas? It was almost October.

I moved slightly away. "Mr Guntithanon, your bazillion dollar company can run without you, my humble law firm cannot. I have overworked Mil already the past month, I don't think he will let me take a month long leave, ever again."

"Aren't you the one who pays his salary? "

"And I don't want to lose my best employee." My eyes went to my phone as new notifications silently popped up on it. "Did you know about this thing with Type?"

"I saw the news."

"Did you also have something to do with it?"

"I had some special plans for him but... turns out he didn't need my help at all.

The police is not going to let this go so easily, with Father already in the news so much."

I looked out the car. "I am not so sure. I think he can easily get out on bail for the right price. His mother is very protective of Type."

"Well, may be I could help with that."

"What are you planning, Wat?"

Sarawat stared at me. I could tell he didn't truly want to tell me what was on his mind.

"Sarawat...."

"He goes to the Plaza hotel a lot. A reporter may or may not get a tip about what Type does at the hotel."

"You want to vilify him in media -- so the police are pressured to not give him bail."

"That's what your father wanted to do with you."

/

/

/

/

/

"This is your party. You need to come, Tine." said Mil.

I looked at my watch and realised it was already 7 -- I arrived at the office, still jet lagged from my trip and it took me a whole day just to make sense of things I had missed out -- Emails, phone calls, meetings -- and so many cups of coffee to get me through the day. I hadn't made any progress in terms of work, but at least now I knew how much work I needed to get through.

I decided to invite all the staff for a dinner party to thank them for their hardwork, hoping they wouldn't hate their boss for taking a long vacation in Europe while they were in the office. Scratch that, they probably already hated me for it. But a dinner party would at least make them hate me less.

"I have already booked the hottest place." Phukong peeped into my cabin.

"Who said you could book one?" I stared at him in confusion.

"I did. Why are you being so rude to him?" Mil raised his eyebrow.

"I-- I am not!"

"He was being rude to me. You are right, Mil.

I think being around Sarawat 24/7 has rubbed off on Tine."

Did Mil just -- Did he wink at Phukong? What has been going on here while I was gone?

"Fine, I'll stop by for a while, but I'll leave early. Sarawat is cooking today. For me and -- Miss Elizabeth."

.

.

.

.

While everyone left for dinner, I decided to finish up some more emails.

But just as was closing down my laptop, I heard the main door open. And standing there was a man who should have been in jail right now.

Type's pictures, some truly bad and compromising pictures of his visits to the Plaza hotel were published in the evening today-- Just as Sarawat had said. I should have felt a bit guilty but I didn't -- He had been paying people and even blackmailing some to sleep with him, and I didn't have an ounce of guilt to feel for that man.

"What are you doing here, Type?"

I walked out of my cabin and stood in front of him. He was drunk. So drunk I could smell the whisky all across the room.

"You and your husband --You hired that reporter to follow me like you hired him to publish those pictures of you two together?"

"I have no idea what you mean. Type, you are drunk. Just leave, please.""

"No its the same reporter. You and Sarawat are in on it.

You have ruined my life.

They just released me today but mom said they might arrest me again this week -- and its all your fault."

"Is it really my fault you like getting black out drunk and driving? Is it my fault that you clearly have an addiction problem that your mother can't see? Or is it my fault you think its okay to coerce people into sleeping with you?" I said in a very low voice. The jet lag was finally getting to me now and I had a splitting headache.

"Max Jakrajutatip." Type suddenly put his phone screen right in front of my face. On the screen was an old article that I had read through a million times before. The headline that I still remembered.

Thai Billionaire Guntithanon seen cozying up with Industrialist Teepakorn's Youngest Son

The article that had published pictures of Sarawat and I when we met at a bar. The article that was catalyst to everything.

"Its the same reporter. You are intentionally doing this to ruin us.

You and your husband planted false evidence against Father and now you are trying to ruin me.

Father has done so much for you and you-- you are just a selfish bastard."

I leaned closer to Type. "I am not the bastard here."

"You--you..." Suddenly Type picked up a computer on the nearby desk and threw out on a window -- shattering glass everywhere.

"Type you need to leave right now before I call the police and get you arrested right now. Take your anger somewhere else, I don't have time to deal with your mess or your family."

"You have destroyed my life." Type picked another computer but before he could take another step towards me, two bulky men dressed in black rushed into my office, and one of them constrained Type. I recognized them instantly -- They were part of Sarawat's security team.

"Is everything okay, Mr Teepakorn?"

I sighed. I didn't even want to question how they suddenly came into my office on time.

"Can you just take him outside so I can lock my office?"

"Do you want us to call the police for disturbance or do you want us to handle him discretely?"

Discretely? How do they handle people discretely? How does Srarawat handle people discretely?

"Just handle him -- safely I guess? Make sure he gets home.

I don't want to call the police and drag my name or my firm's name into this."

"Got it."

"And.. would you know anyone who could fix the window glass and clean up the office before the staff comes back in the morning?"

"We'll take care of it."

"Thank you."

/

/

/

/

/

I decided to head straight home instead of the staff party. There was a thought drilling into my head and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheels while I waited for the traffic lights to turn green. Sarawat had left me a few messages asking me about when I would get home. I hadn't responded to those messages yet, I was on my way home, anyway.

Giving into my thoughts, I decided to open up my phone and check the reporter who had published Type's pictures today.

"Max Jakrajutatip." I read out the name.

Then, I dived into the old article that had published pictures of Sarawat and I at the bar.

"Max Jakrajutatip." It's the same reporter.

If Sarawat really tipped off a reporter about Type, why would he choose one who published his pictures without his consent?

I was confused. Very very confused.

There is a perfectly good explanation to it. I am sure there is.

Sarawat was sitting in the living room. Miss Elizabeth had already dozed off on the sofa next to him.

Seeing me, he stood up right away. "Are you okay? Did Type hurt you? I left you messages, but -- "

"How do you know Type was in my office? Is it because your security follows me everywhere?"

Sarawat pressed his lips. "Not always. We just came back from a long break. Your family is already dealing with the police. I just wanted to make sure you were safe."

"You didn't tell me there was security around me."

"I--I knew they wouldn't bother you."

"Have you had security follow me before?"

"Sometimes --" Sarawat looked away. "When your father was angry at you about your inheritance..." His eyes moved back. "Tine, they don't tell me your whereabouts. I never ask them. Their job is to keep you safe."

"You don't ask them? How nice of you, Wat.

But if you don't ask them, how did you know Type was in my office today."

"They are required to report to me of any instance where your safety is in jeopardy."

"How long have you had me followed, Wat? Before we even got married?"

"No. No I have not, Tine."

Frustrated, I ran my hands through my hair and sat on the sofa. "Wat, I am going to ask you a few questions and I need honesty from you."

"I am always honest with you, Tine."

"Did you-- did you have something to do with Type's pictures that were published today?"

Sarawat looked at me with a straight face. "Yes, I already told you I would tip a reporter -- I am not hiding anything from you, Tine."

"Is there a reason you picked this reporter?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Just answer the question. Have you known this reporter?"

"Yes I guess. We have had a working relationship for years."

I massed through my head again. The splitting headache was getting worse and worse with every passing second.

"Tell me something Sarawat, why does a reporter, who you have had a good working relationship with, for years, suddenly decide to follow you and publish your personal pictures with your consent?"

"I don't understand what you mean."

"This is the same reporter who published our pictures from when we were at the bar. When it was mom's birthday and you had followed me to the bar after leaving Father's party. The reporter published pictures of us getting into the same car. You remember that right?"

Sarawat's face suddenly changed.

"So Sarawat, either this reporter suddenly switched sides and you decided to hold zero grudge against him and give him another story, which by the way is very unlike you, or you intentionally had a man publish our private pictures. Which one is it?" I stared at Sarawat, hoping to get a more simpler explanation to all of this. Hoping that my own deduction in my head was all wrong.

But Sarawat's grim face was enough of an answer.

"I need an answer Sarawat."

"He didn't take the pictures."

"But he published them and you couldn't stop it."

Sarawat stared at the floor. "Some other reporter took those pictures and I bought it off them. -- And I gave it to Max to publish them, because I trusted him to cover this properly."

Now it was my turn to be out of words.

"You--you intentionally got those pictures of us published... Why?

Look at me and give me an honest answer."

Sarawat finally looked me in the eye. "Because I wanted you to marry me.

Because I wanted to marry you.

Because I wanted you to achieve all your dreams.

Because I fell in love with you and I was too afraid to lose you."

---- 

A/N: Wow, that was some chapter. Writing the last parts gave me the goosebumps honestly because I have been imagining how I would write this scene since I started this entire story.

I wrote several versions of this chapter and kept making changes to it because I really wanted the chapter to connect well together. For me, the focus of this chapter was Tine's love for Sarawat and his trust in Sarawat -- which shatters as we reach the end of the chapter.

I think with marriage agreement, and with many other 2gether AUs that I have written, its the same -- Sarawat falls first, but Tine falls harder.

And that is also the reason why I mostly write AUs from Tine's POV and in many ways Tine is the main character -- Because its so much more interesting to write from Tine's POV.

In the next chapter, we look through the windows of this love-- or rather, the shattered shards of glasses.

We only have a few more chapters left in this AU, and I am very excited.

PS - I am sorry for the delayed updates on this story. A lot has happened in my life since I started writing Marriage Agreement. The reason I don't get as much time to update is because I started my own business. Its a very small company with just five employees, but its mine and I am the boss -- I take the decisions and I love every bit of it. Of course its hardwork and I hardly get any free time these days. But its all mine and I am thankful for it.

Thank you for reading my stories and supporting me. I read through all the comments and they always motivate me to keep going. And a very special thank you to people who have been reading this since day one and supporting me -- I know who you are and I really appreciate you.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

160K 9.5K 41
A vampire that falls in love with a human story but with a twist........ Win Metawin, the social outcast of his university was constantly being coerc...
286K 13.2K 33
Tine, an indie game developer, had his incredible mobile game idea stolen by his best friend. Now, Tine wants to team up with Sarawat, the CEO of a b...
471K 21.7K 40
Bright has always been a obedient child. He is a hardworking person, who invests all his time time to make his dad proud. He wants to gain his dad's...
32.5K 1.6K 32
Tine begins his first year at university, this is the moment he has been waiting for a long time, but unfortunately, at his age, the search for a mat...