It Can't Be For Nothing | Ell...

By Phantomstream

Years after Ellie and Joel managed to defeat the Fireflies, they met a new threat, people that make the Firef... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
The End

Chapter 2

784 132 15
By Phantomstream

Ellie POV

Ellie: Joel! Tell me who the fuck that was, now!

Joel: We don't have time for that, we have to get to Jackson first.

Ellie: You can't talk while you walk?

Tommy: Ellie, let it be.

Joel: Yeah, we will explain everything to you once we're back home.

Ellie: Why can't you do it now?

Joel: Because I don't want the group to freak out.

Dina: Is there something to freak out about?

She asked, coming closer to us.

Ellie: Apparently there is, but they don't wanna tell us.

Tommy: We'll tell you when we-

Ellie: You'll tell me now. I need to know what the hell is going on.

Joel: Ellie, you don't have to be a pain in my ass 24/7, okay? Let me think for a minute at least.

Ellie: I'm a pain in your ass? Your ass wouldn't have even made it to Jackson without me.

Tommy: Alright, listen, we stepped into some bad territory, okay? There are bad people over there.

Ellie: People that dress in some old warrior attires? Do they think they're some kind of ancient soldiers or something?

Tommy: I'm questioning the mental state of them as well and it doesn't look good for them.

Ellie: So what do those people do besides protecting their creepy little forest?

Tommy: They're trying to expand and claim new territory, especially Negan's territory.

Ellie: Okay, I mean, I don't like Negan either but what's their beef with him?

Tommy: His men shot down a group of them, so now they're out there avenging their fallen brothers.

Ellie: They're hiding in bushes with machetes and bows, and they're trying to get to Negan? That's the funniest thing I heard all day.

Joel: Well, it wasn't so funny for us, was it?

Ellie: They used a sneak attack on us, that's unfair.

Tommy: Still, they got three of us, we only got one of them and I got a fucking arrow in my shoulder.

Ellie: Okay, okay, I get it, the bushmen are strong and shouldn't be underestimated.

Dina chuckled at my bushmen comment and shook her head.

Viktor: Geez, you two ignorant girls really don't know who the Legion is, do you?

Dina: The Legion?

Viktor: Yeah, the guys that attacked us, they're the Legion.

Joel: Viktor, let's not go too deep into his topic.

Ellie: Wait, they're the ones that killed Riley?

Joel: Ellie...

Ellie: You called them the Legion, it's them, isn't it?

Joel: ...Yeah.

Four years ago

Joel POV

Riley: Shit!

She cursed as she barely made it behind cover before two arrows hit the tree next to us.

Joel: Keep calm Riley. We're almost out of here, just a little bit more and we're through.

Riley: Those psychos won't let us leave.

Joel: They will, they'll have no other choice, cuz we won't ask them for permission.

I peeked out of cover but immediately pulled my head back as an arrow landed right before my face.

Joel: They're pretty damn accurate, too accurate.

Riley: What do we do now? We're surrounded.

Joel: Nah, not completely. There's a way that isn't guarded by them.

I explained as I pointed to a glade to the right of us.

Riley: Oh, I see that but how are we supposed to get there without getting annihilated by their fucking arrows, huh?

Joel: We'll have to risk it, it's a matter of a few minutes at a maximum before they'll close the gap and we're completely surrounded.

Riley: You're nuts, I won't run out onto this open field.

Joel: Do you want to see Ellie again, or not?

Riley: I do, obviously, but I won't be seeing her if I run out onto an open, active, battlefield.

Joel: At least you'll have a chance of making it through, just sitting here will guarantee your death.

Riley: Fuck! Look over there, walkers are closing in on us as well.

Joel: Another reason to get the hell away from here.

Riley: I won't fucking die in here!

She yelled as she shot at the walkers with her pistol.

Joel: Riley, we need to move, now!

A man in old fashioned Roman armor appeared behind the walkers and used his sword to cut them down and move towards us.

Riley: Holy fuck, shoot him!

We both opened fire at him, but he was too far away for us to shoot precisely.

Some of our bullets his his iron armor and bounced off.

Riley: He's coming closer and I'm out of ammo...shit!

Joel: We need to run now!

Riley: Then run!

Knowing that I won't be able to convince her, I ran out of cover and crossed the field as fast as I could while arrows landed all around me.

The armored man ran up to her and with a jump, rammed his sword into her chest which made her scream.

Her painful scream echoed through the forest and filled me with guilt.

The man then pulled his sword out of her chest and looked at me while dragging his bloody sword across his throat as a sign that he would kill me soon enough.

This was the day where I truly found out who the Legion was, a bunch of barbaric murderers stuck in the 4th century.

Present Time

Joel POV

Ellie: We have to get back there and avenge Riley.

She said, which snapped me out of my memory trip.

Joel: No!

I grabbed her by her shoulders and pulled her closer to me.

Joel: You will not get near this forest ever again, you got me?

Dina: Joel, she's an adult woman, she can do whatever she wants.

Joel: You!

I pointed my finger at her while slowly coming closer.

Joel: You've been turning her against me since you arrived here.

Dina: What are you on about?

Joel: You think I don't know? Talking her into doing stupid things or taking her on way too dangerous trips? Sneaking around the WLF territory, you think I didn't notice?

Dina: The WLF are not our enemies.

Tommy: Wouldn't be too sure about that.

Joel: They shoot strangers on sight, it doesn't matter if they see us as enemies or not, we're still strangers to them.

Dina: You're being paranoid and you're dragging Ellie down with you. She's young, she needs freedom.

Joel: Freedom? We're struggling to survive and you're babbling about freedom?

Dina: Not everyone is obsessed with thinking about survival like you do, Joel.

Tommy: Thinking about survival is the reason why we're still here.

Dina: I'm sure the three folks that we left in that forest would agree.

She stated sarcastically.

Tommy: We had no chance, if we would've stopped to try and save them, we would've suffered the same fate.

Joel: And besides, two of them were already dead, so there was nothing we could've done to help them.

Dina: Excuses as always. What are you gonna tell their wives and kids when we're back in Jackson?

Ellie: Dina, come on, now you're being unfair, it wasn't their fault.

Viktor: Guys can you save that for later? We need to keep moving.

Joel: He's right, we need to go, so let's finish this when we're back at home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.9K 51
As Joel and Tommy seek shelter from a blizzard, they end up in your area. Not thrilled, but neither hateful towards them, you allow the two strangers...
136K 4.9K 33
Y/N L/N, an alone 16 year old in the apocalypse, trying to survive a world full of killers, thieves and infected. After losing his parents 4 years ag...
45 8 5
in which, Joel and Ella meet again 20 years later. but neither are how they remember one another, and both would rather be miles away from one anothe...
3.7K 143 10
In the aftermath of life-altering events, Y/N L/N finds himself trapped in a turbulent struggle to rebuild his shattered world. Five years have passe...