Fate's Blades in Orario (DANM...

By Drunken_Crow

A mysterious Blacksmith from legends has returned to modern time as a not a normal Spirit that is known... He... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Walk
Chapter 3: Dine 'N' Dash
Chapter 4: Monster Feria
Chapter 5: Deals
Chapter 6: Test
Chapter 7: Casual Smithy's Day
Chapter 8: Exploration
Chapter 9: Flashback
Chapter 10: Short Times Pass
Chapter 12: Night Interruption
Chapter 13: Gods Banquette
Chapter 14: The Attack
Chapter 15: The Rescue
Chapter 16: The War Game
Chapter 17: Smooth Sailing?
Chapter 18: Welcome Home
Chapter 19: Hot Springs
Chapter 20: Red-Light District

Chapter 11: Boss Fight

2.4K 78 14
By Drunken_Crow

Throughout the day, Muramasa had been assisting Finn and the Loki Familiar with their preparations to leave. He had lent a hand willingly, and as the time for their departure drew near, Finn expressed his gratitude.

"Thanks for the help, Muramasa" Finn said, offering a grateful smile. Muramasa acknowledged the thanks by raising a hand in a finger salute. With that, Finn and the Loki Familiar set off as the vanguard party, tasked with eliminating monsters while Muramasa remained behind to protect the gods.

As the day progressed, about half a day had passed since the Loki Familiar's departure in the morning. Muramasa couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. He arrived at the open area that had previously been occupied by the Loki Familiar's tents. His senses went on high alert as the ground began to tremble violently.

"What?!" he exclaimed as he looked up, detecting an overwhelming aura of malice. The ground beneath his feet started to crack open, and the dungeon crystal nearby was rapidly losing its light. Realization dawned on him.

"What did they do now... Damn kids!" he muttered under his breath in frustration. As the ground continued to quake, a massive monster fell through the cracks, landing on the opposite side of the tree from where Muramasa stood.

He groaned audibly and crouched down, taking a moment to stretch his muscles. In the solitude of his thoughts, he began to monologue to himself, contemplating the situation and his next course of action.

"The monster that fell down was the Floor Boss of Floor 17. The evil quake had boosted the monster's overall stats so significantly that dealing with it alone would be troublesome even for someone at my level. However, what's even more troublesome are the other monsters." He paused in his planning as a roar echoed through the floor, accompanied by the screams of people and the presence of different races of monsters causing chaos.

"I also need to worry about the floor's other monsters, as the passive ability of the Floor Boss has evolved to the point where it affects more than just itself, it now influences all the monsters on the floor. I can hardly sense Bell's current magic, and it seems the monster is very close to him rather than me, so it will take some time for me to reach him" He stood up after stretching his muscles, ensuring he wouldn't suffer from sore muscles during the upcoming ordeal. As he moved forward, he was confronted by hordes of monsters with glowing red eyes, growling with malice at the swordsmith.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Muramasa fought his way through the hordes of monsters, dispatching them one by one. In normal circumstances, he would have rushed past them to confront the big boss directly. However, doing so would lead all the surrounding monsters to the group of adventurers, distracting them with numerous but weaker foes.

After approximately 40 minutes, Muramasa had eliminated all the weaker monsters and saved many lives. He had reached the other side of the floor, where the cave was bathed in red light, and the cacophony of monster roars and adventurer battles grew louder.

"Shoot..." He halted in his tracks when he spotted Goddess Hestia and Lili crouched beside an unconscious Bell. "What happened?" Muramasa inquired as he approached them, inspecting Bell's badly injured body.

"Muramasa, you've arrived!" Lili exclaimed happily, quickly moving to his side and providing an explanation of the situation and how Bell had sustained his injuries. Muramasa couldn't help but be surprised that Bell was still alive after what he had endured.

"Just like that brat..." Muramasa mused with a slight grin before he stood up.

"Are you going to go and fight?" Lili asked while Goddess Hestia softly stroked Bell's hair, her face filled with hope. This sight only deepened Muramasa's trust as he witnessed the pure and unwavering love she had for the young boy.

"I will, but not alone" he replied. Lili seemed puzzled by this response, but Muramasa turned to Bell with a confident grin.

"Hold onto your wish, cry out with all your desire... If you do, then you will see that this is when a Hero shines the brightest!" Muramasa leaned down and extended his hand toward the unconscious Bell. After a few moments, Lili watched in amazement as Bell's hand reached out and grasped Muramasa's.

"Welcome back, Bell" Hestia softly said, her smile conveying her relief. "Master Bell, you're alright!" Lili exclaimed, hugging Bell tightly before letting go as Muramasa helped him up.

"Sorry for being late, Bell, but I had my hands full" Muramasa said, gripping Bell's hand firmly. Lili released her hold on Bell's side, and he stood alongside Muramasa.

"Glad to have you back" Muramasa said, smiling with newfound confidence as he turned to Hestia and Lili. "Don't worry, everything is going to be alright" Lili nodded, wiping away her tears, and Hestia smiled unwaveringly.

"I know you'll be alright, and know that I believe in you... Bell" she said before Bell and Muramasa walked together toward their impending battle.

Muramasa glanced at Bell's expression, noticing the initial fear transforming into bravery. It was a display of confidence rather than arrogance. "He really is like you, old friend" he remarked, turning toward the Goliath monster causing mayhem.

"What is the plan, Leader?" Muramasa asked Bell with a voice filled with respect.

"We will defeat the monster and protect everyone" Bell responded. Muramasa nodded in agreement.

"Then allow me to set the stage for your act" He walked past Bell and came to a halt in front of the beast. This action puzzled everyone on the battlefield.

"Muramasa is back!" Some of them yelled with cheers upon seeing a powerful ally come to their aid. Muramasa closed his eyes and began a lengthy chant.

"Muramasa is chanting?" a woman with flowing hair, who had always been by Hermes' side, spoke in confusion. She quickly realized that this was going to be a prolonged chant, which meant that he needed time and protection and it has to be strong. Others also grasped the situation, and they began to strike against the monster to hold it back.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

"I'm not the invincible swordsman, Jūbei

I'm not the one praised as a master of espionage, HanzōWP,
I'm not the renowned caster Abe-no-Seimei.
Why, out of all people, I, a swordsmith, was summoned.
For being unable to foresee that, this is your defeat.

Once seeking for the ultimate blade.
A blade of steel cutting no flesh, nor bones and neither life.
What I seek for is the clearance of resentment.
The cutting of bonds, fate and destiny.

That is, to free oneself from Karma.

Upon one's arrival are countless tools.
Carved over a thousand blades, forming a pile of swords.
This is the place where all paths cross.
This is the place where all desires flow.
This is the place where all deaths await
My whole life was for this single swing.

The heart of the realm is right here!
Originless Creation of Swords!!

With a resounding yell, the ground beneath Muramasa burst into flames, reducing everything in its vicinity to a charred, smoldering wasteland. For those present, it felt as though they were enveloped in a blinding flash of light, and when they opened their eyes, they found themselves no longer within the confines of the Dungeon. Instead, they stood in an otherworldly landscape, a desolate plain adorned with an unimaginable number of swords protruding from the scorched earth. The heat was nearly unbearable, as everything around them burned fiercely, painting the landscape in vivid hues of orange and red.

The sudden and drastic transformation left everyone bewildered, and fear gripped the hearts of some as the colossal Goliath roared in agony. Flames began to consume parts of its massive form, adding to the chaotic scene.

"What is this?!" Some of the people wondered, especially those who were close to Muramasa.

"Bell" he turned to see a stunned Bell and locked eyes with him. "Take a blade and do your hero thing."

Muramasa swiftly grabbed two glowing blades from the ground and moved with incredible speed toward the Goliath. He leaped high into the air and brought the blades down, creating two fiery tornadoes that ripped into the Goliath. The creature roared in agony, and other adventurers attempted to rush in to help. However, the intense heat emanating from those blades was too much for anyone to handle.

Meanwhile, Bell, though initially shocked by Muramasa's astonishing magic and prowess, realized the gravity of the situation. He knew he had to become stronger, not only to reach Ais's level but also to protect everyone he cared about. With resolve burning inside him, he pulled a katana from the ground, feeling his heart beat faster and faster, and began to glow.

Muramasa wasn't playing around. Over 25 blades burst up from the ground and soared through the air, stabbing straight into the Goliath. They caused a continuous fireblast inside the beast, and it began to glow brighter and brighter from the flames. The Goliath could only roar in pain and smashed the ground in an attempt to stop the intense pain and initiate regeneration.

Everyone present was in shock, not only at the creation of this fiery field by Muramasa but also at the devastating damage it was inflicting on the Goliath. They still couldn't handle the flames, including the higher-level adventurers within Muramasa's Reality Marble.

"Are all these blades magic blades?! Is this the power of the Muramasa Blades...?" Ryu thought, flabbergasted. She had to cover her eyes due to the glowing light emanating from the white-haired boy who was heading towards the Goliath. "Bell?" she wondered.

"Finally" Muramasa sighed, but he didn't relax for a single moment. Instead, he tensed up every muscle in his body, raising his hands. A large blade flew past many people's line of sight and headed straight toward Muramasa, where he grabbed its handle.

"Just like old times!" Muramasa leaped past Bell, who was still glowing with white energy. He raised the massive blade over his head and, with precision, delivered a devastating slash. The blade cleaved through the Goliath's arms multiple times, severing them, before slicing off both of its legs. The Goliath fell to the ground, limbless but still determined, until further slashes from the blade beheaded it completely.

"Gotcha" Muramasa said with a genuine smile as a glowing Bell appeared right beside him. Suddenly, everything went white.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

The endless terrain of blades and fire collapsed and shattered, dispersing into white dust resembling snowflakes and fire sparks that spread across the entirety of Floor 18, leaving it with a faint glow in the dark.

Suddenly, everyone began cheering and celebrating around Bell, who was sitting tiredly on the ground with Muramasa beside him, rubbing his head with a grin. "Seems like you got your hero moment, Bell" Muramasa remarked. Bell looked up at Muramasa and smiled back. With Muramasa's help, he stood up, and Hestia and Lili rushed towards them, embracing them both. "You both did it! You defeated the Goliath!" Lili cheered. Bell could only smile, laugh, and savor the moment, while Muramasa sighed with a small smile, feeling the warmth of their embrace.

Later, after the celebration and their return to the surface, a group of tired yet determined and motivated warriors stood united. Nothing from the lower floors could deter them from overcoming the impossible and achieving what a mere rookie could not.

They made their way toward the Guilt, where a half-elf woman hugged Bell, tears welling up in her eyes. Muramasa remained there while Bell and the others went to the Hostess of Fertility to order dinner. Muramasa provided a detailed account of the events that unfolded after the Loki Familiar left but omitted his involvement with the Reality Marble. Once he finished, he joined the group at the Hostess of Fertility, where the entire establishment was abuzz with multiple Gods and Goddesses arriving to celebrate. The night was filled with lights and laughter.

Later that night, Bell and Muramasa stood outside. Muramasa placed a rice ball in Bell's hands. "Consider this a token of appreciation from me" he said, ruffling the boy's hair before turning to leave with Hephaestus.

"You've found such an interesting boy to go on adventures with" she remarked, wrapping her arm around his shoulder as he nodded in agreement.

"You made me worry, you know" she said to him. She felt a small pat on her back and saw him looking sorry.

"Apologies for worrying you, goddess. How about I make some dinner for you as an apology?" he asked, which excited Goddess Hephaestus.

"Make it dinner and breakfast, then you shall be forgiven" she responded. He agreed to the terms, and both swordsmith and goddess were reunited.

This was a true display of an upcoming hero with a loyal blacksmith by his side, and allies who supported the hero through thick and thin, through the scorching fires of eternal heat and the freezing cold. Nothing would deter the boy who dreamt of becoming a hero.

This Is The Familia Myth

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 381 7
For as long as you can remember you have served under someone whether it be a king or queen general or captain or even a master you have served under...
2.5K 350 52
Hikari, formerly trained as an assassin, learns to grow as a ninja. Hikari tries to get skilled in order to avenge the death of his parents. However...
30.8K 538 35
the hero's tournament is underway and a lot is at stake for Bells small familia because the history of the Hestia familia will challenge the strings...
4.9K 82 15
Where am I? Who I am? 「Sen.. Muramasa」 What the hell was that incomplete and blurry name... maybe it's my past, which I don't remember? "Young" Why d...