𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮...

By liaselectriccucumber

She fell for a woman for the first time. And never looked back. 🥇-#yejisu 🥈-#yejisu 🥇-#lia More

Intro
【1】
【2】
【3】『M』
【4】
【5】
【6】 『M』
【7】
【8】
【9】
【10】
【11】『M』
【12】『M』
【13】
【14】
【15】『M』
【16】
【17】
【18】
【19】
【20】
【21】
【22】『M』
【24】
【25】
【Epilogue】

【23】

187 16 7
By liaselectriccucumber

Lia smiled thinking back to the very beginning of her relationship with Yeji, she was truly in the moment and she didn't catch herself wishing she had paid more attention or said "I love you" more or sooner. They told each other as soon as they felt it and all the time.

What if I told you that story isn't as happy as it has been the past 22 chapters? What if all these chapters were just the most important memories that Lia had of the other woman, and that the painful reality is that she may never make more memories with her ever again?

They were.

Each chapter was just Lia remembering her first female love and her last lover.

Now we're in the present.

A grey, dull, depressing world that was. The air that used to be filled with hearts was now filled with dread and worry. Lia hadn't seen her bed in months, nor had she seen that smile of hers. Yeji's.

Not since the day of the accident, had she seen that smile,

The reality of it all? Like I said, it's dull and depressing. No one wants to start a story off so sour. Especially not a story about a love so sweet, so perfect. Everything was going for them, was it not?

They met four years ago in college, graduated, moved in together, got great careers, got engaged, adopted a dog, got married and now they're here. Hanging by a beeping machine in a hospital room.

"Lia... I-I gotta go, important business meeting, but I think you should go too. You know, see Oynx... and your bed." Felix told the blonde, who was sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed, holding the brunette's ringed hand.

"Y-yeah. I'll go home, Felix. Just after everyone comes for the progress report. I'll keep you updated?" Lia said just to soothe her best friend, her voice was famished like her body, her eyes droopy and tired, but her heart pounding in worry like it had been for months now.

"Yeah, I'll call you when it's over- or you can just text me- bye."

Lia gave him a half smile as he left the room to go to his important meeting. He's a model and his agency is thinking of moving him to Asia or Australia.

As soon as the door shut, Lia watched the brunette in the hospital bed, not moving, not but a machine keeping her alive. Thinking about all the things she hasn't seen her do since the accident and all the plans they made for their married life together.

Wiping her tears, she spoke about her day like she always does because she believes that despite Yeji being in a comma, she can still hear her.

"My company is really taking off... I'm opening stores in all of North America now! Not just The States. It went viral in TikTok so that really helped... Last night we threw a party congratulating me. We had that champagne we always have, the one we discovered in France- th-the vacation we took so you could propose to me and..." Lia broke down, unable to speak about the past. Think about it? She does it all the time, but speaking about it, she can't do it without breaking into a well of tears.

"...and then we had dinner at that one restaurant where I had dinner with your parents for the first time. The place you told me you loved me for the first time. And I really wanted to be happier, I really wanted to appreciate it all, I tried, but at the end of the night none of it mattered. The reason I do any of this is because I love it and because I love when you congratulate me. I want to celebrate with you, I want you smile and hug me and tell me you love me, and...and tell me that you're so proud of how far I've come with my fashion brand. And I wanna go to your matches again and..." Lia leaned over, crying, her tears hitting the floor. She squeezed Yeji's hand harder, covering her own face with her left hand, the hand with the engagement ring and wedding band on it.

Seven months.

Yeji's been in a coma for seven months and everyone keeps telling Lia to give up and let the doctors pull the plug, Haewen and Lim told the doctors to do it, but Lia's relationship to Yeji gives her authority as well. She refuses to give up.

She'll wake up, they'll go on their honeymoon, adopt children someday and grow old together.

Seven months prior

"I now announce you as wife and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

The couple peached the biggest of smiles, Lia's cheeks stained with fresh tears as she leaned in, and Yeji's cheeks stained with dried tears. Tears from earlier when she saw Lia walk down the aisle in her big beautiful, one-of-a-kind gown.

They embraced one another in a soul sealing kiss, the crowd going wild, their family in the front rows. The day was sunny and bright, the temperature perfectly warm with a comfortable breeze to cool everyone down.

They slow danced for nearly the whole reception; they might grow wrinkles due to all of the smiling they did the whole time.

"I can't believe I married an actual goddess." Yeji half joked, taking in Lia's beautiful scent.

"I can't believe it took us four years; we should've sealed the deal after two." Lia joked back, they both laughed in the comfort of others warmth,

"You're the only one for me, Lia. Now I'm spending the rest of my life with you, I'm not going anywhere so you better not get sick of me."

"Never." Lia looked up at her, smiling and kissing Yeji's lips with all the love in the world.

For their honeymoon, it was decided that they would travel the world, putting their careers on hold as best they could for one another. Their first location? The parts of Europe where it's safe for a sapphic couple to travel. Specifically, it was Sweden as their first location.

They set off in their SUV, the windows decorated with writings all over, 'just married!' 'WLW JUST MARRIED!!' 'gay rights' 'just married! Now until 4ever!'. As well as balloons attached to the top to match the royal theme of the wedding. They were very expensive balloons, made of a thicker material and decorated with thin lines of liquid gold.

"Be safe! See you next year! Call often! HAVE FUN!" Munyeong shouted as they drove off.

"Stay safe especially!" John shouted after.

"I love you! Bye, for now! Hurry and get back! I want grandchildren!" Haewen shouted, she and Munyeong cried together after seeing their daughters drive off on their wedding day, glad they made it.

Lia waved through the window until the venue could no longer be seen. Sitting back in her seat, sighed, completely happy, staring at the woman driving them to the airport.

"I worry about Onyx; you think she'll forget our scent? Who we are?" Yeji said about their Doberman that was staying with Munyeong and John for the time being.

"Now way! We've had her for years and we'll only be gone just shy of one, and my mom is gonna keep us in touch, remember?"

"You're right. I'm just so excited for this. Traveling the world with my true love, what more could I ask for in life?"

"Me too."

They held hands over the center console, listening to music and driving in blissful silence. They held their wedding in Colorado for the mountain scenery, so the drive down from the mountains was a bit tough, however, the scenery was just gorgeous. Unbelievable.

"What are these little candies in the cup holders?" Yeji questioned, noticing them finally. Lia looked over and took a couple in her hands,

"Looks like some kind of candy from Japan, I bet Hyunjin's boyfriend put them in here. They look good, I don't know what flavor they are, it's in Japanese. Wanna try one?"

"Yeah, open it for me?"

"Eung."

Lia opened two, gave one to Yeji and they tried it together, it looked like a lollipop minus the stick and the packaging was yellow, so Lia assumed the flavor was lemon. It was pineapple, they were all pineapple flavored and Hyunjin's boyfriend didn't know that Yeji is deathly allergic to pineapple.

"It's pineapple! Shit! Spit it out! Spit it out, Yeji!" Lia panicked, getting water from the cup holder in her door and opening it for the brunette.

"Shit!" Yeji cursed, spitting it out and letting it fall into her lap. "My EpiPen is in my bag, I'll have to pull over." She said calmly, pulling completely over to the side right safely, the shoulder was not that big though, so cars would have to go around a bit to pass them.

"I'll get it." Lia said, reaching to the back for the EpiPen in Yeji's EpiPen.

"Shit, I can already feel it..." Yeji began coughing and holding her closing throat.

"I almost have it- got it!" Lia jabbed the medication into Yeji's leg and quickly took it out then waited. It may take a few minutes to kick in, but they treated it pretty quickly so it should be fine. "Did we get it on time, do you think?" Lia questioned after a few minutes; Yeji seemed to be getting better.

The brunette nodded, closing her eyes and throwing her head back, that was scary. Driving on this mountain, they could have easily crashed.

"Should I drive just in case?" Lia pitched.

Yeji nodded easily, turning off the car and the emergency brake on. They took off their seatbelts and that's when they heard massive horns, not from a car, but from something else. It was from behind them and goodness, it was so loud.

They looked back, cursing at the sudden noise, as seeing a semi-truck speeding out of control down the road. Failed brakes. Extremely common for semi-trucks during mountain driving, it's up to how well trained the drive is whether anyone really gets hurt.

"Holy Fuck! Put your seatbelt back on! The road isn't big enough right here for that truck to pass us!" Yeji shouted, they both rushed to put their seat belts back on and Yeji turned the car on. However, the car didn't allow them to speed off due to the emergency brake still being on. "Shit!" The brunette turned it off, but by then it was too late.

The semi near ended the large SUV, ramming it clean off the edge of the road and over the barrier. The car violently threw itself down the cliff that luckily wasn't as steep as other parts, a shallow river at the bottom kept the car from getting completely smashed upon the landing.

Their car was not cheap, it was a very expensive car, so even though the crash was horrible, it could have been worse. So much worse.

Both passed out, stuck in their seatbelts that saved them from being thrown through the windshield, Lia woke up first, she first felt the pain in her collarbone, the seatbelt may have broken it. Then she felt it in her head. Her ribs were on fire, and she saw her bone penetrating through her skin on her right leg.

She wailed in pain, the car was on its left side, so her whole body was being held in place by the seatbelt that was digging into her skin and already broke her collarbone.

"Yeji!" Was the first word and first thought of hers.

She looked down to the driver's side, finding her wife unconscious, her forehead bloody as well as her nose, it didn't appear that she had many injuries on the outside. But unfortunately, her head got the most damage.

Gently, the blonde looked up through her window, wincing at the pain everything brought her. She was glad to already see people crowded by and authorities trying to get down to the wreck.

She checked on Yeji again, for any sign of life. She can't be dead.

"Y-Yeji, please..." was all she could get out, her body going into shock, threatening to pull her unconscious again.

"Mmmm..." Yeji mumbled, but she was so messed up in the head, she swore she said words but nothing of the sort came out.

But it was enough for Lia, she heard Yeji and was relieved to at least know she wasn't dead when she passed out again.

When Lia woke up in the hospital, she had feared that Yeji didn't make it. The nurse looked so distraught as if that was the case, but maybe she was right. Maybe Yeji didn't make it. Maybe she'll never wake up.

Initially, Lia was told that Yeji is in critical condition, but as the months go by, her body is healed but dammit. She just won't wake up.

It felt like just yesterday they were dancing in their living room, unable to sleep because they were so excited to get married and spend the rest of their lives together. What the hell is this black, grey, and white limbo that Lia's living in now? Lonely, even though there's plenty of people in her life. So much money, nothing she wants to spend it on.

It was her body breaking down because that's what love does to a person. Love is when you can't live without another person, and most of the time that person isn't stripped from you, so you don't have to find out what happens if you're still alive and they aren't. But Lia wasn't so lucky.

Was this worse?

Watching her die in a hospital bed. Was that worse?

Would it be better to pull the plug and find peace, knowing that for sure she's gone... Hope is motivating most of the time, but right now, all it's doing is tearing Lia apart. There's nothing of her left, she's left everything in this room, next to her soulmate.

"But I don't want to live without you." Lia whispered at loud.

"Please wake up, Yeji... Please prove everyone wrong, please I- I can't live without you, I won't make it-"

Knocking at the room door interrupted the crying blonde, it was Yeji's doctor and nurse coming in to inform Lia of any progress. In with the doctor and the nurse came Yeji's parents and Hyunjin. The whole family was here.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hwang." Doctor Connaway greeted Lia as she always does.

"Morning." Lia wiped her tears and used the biggest voice that she could. But she could see the way Haewen, Lim, and Hyunjin frowned when seeing her state. She truly looked as miserable as she is.

"Progress report like every Monday, in simple terms: she's showing very very slow improvement. Her heart has finally fully healed, and it looks like her blood pressure is regulating as well. As for her lungs, they are still a bit tight, and that's only because she has yet to breathe on her own. If she wakes up, they will get stronger on their own. As for her head... I ran through the tests back-to-back several times, she's completely healthy. I'm not sure why she's not waking up from this coma, and because the source is unknown, we may never be able to fix it. Meaning we may never be able to wake her up if she's unable to do it herself."

Was it bad that Lia wanted to assault the doctor for giving this news? Why did he have to say it like that? Starting off as if Yeji's perfectly healthy and will wake up soon, and then shutting that hope down immediately after. At least start with the bad news first you motherfucker.

The doctor and the nurse could sense the dreadful energy that filled the room as it does every Monday with these reports. So, they moved on to the next segment, but this segment was worse to discuss.

"It is the first Monday of the month as well, so now comes the question... do you all, as her family, see it fit to pull the plug? Call it completely? The next time we ask would only be four months away from a year."

Last month, Haewen and Lim finally gave in, saying that the hospital had their permission to pull the plug. However, Hyunjin and Lia stayed firm, believing that Yeji will wake up. But this month, it looked like Lia was alone.

"Haewen and I have not changed our decision, if there's no definite chance that our daughter will wake up... then we believe you should bring her out of her misery. Let her rest." Lim said, his voice fragmented. At his side, Haewen cried as she always did seeing her daughter like this. She used to be so lively. Obsessed with sports and moving, she was a big softie and the biggest cutie, even if she hated to admit it. Her favorite food is meat, she loves animals and children, and she has two teddy bears from her childhood that she would still sleep with if Lia wasn't home to sleep with her.

Yeji. That's Yeji. And there's even more to her than that. Just not enough words to put justice.

"I'll have to agree, doctor." Hyunjin looked down, unable to look at his sister like this a day longer. It pains him too much. He played with the engagement ring on his finger. He really wanted his whole family at his wedding. "This hope... it's killing all of us. We should just put it to rest."

"Oppa?" Lia whined, feeling like she had been betrayed, she thought Hyunjin was in this with her.

"I'm sorry, Lia. But they can't find the root to her coma, they've been trying since the accident, her head has healed, and she still hasn't woken up. She's gone."

"She's not gone! She's only gone once you decide to give up. That's when she's gone. Sh-she's not gone. She's right here, Hyunjin- Right here! You're all I have, Hyujin. It's a majority vote. I need you to keep it equal."

"I can't, Lia. Look at you, look at all of us, look at her. We can't keep dragging it on."

Lia crossed her arms, fuming at how unfair this was.

"If that's settled, then it is 3 to 1... any last-minute objections?" Dr Connaway sighed, moments like this make him hate his job.

"1 more month." Lia jumped in.

"Lia..." Haewen sighed, "Please, put it to rest. We can't do this anymore."

"No, you can't! You guys can't. But just one more month, Doc. Please. A-and if she doesn't wake up by then, then you can call it. Just one more month is all I ask. Guys, please? Haewen? Lim? Oppa?" Lia looked at the three of them desperately. "We have nothing to lose if we just wait one more month! Nothing to lose! Come on!"

The doctor and nurse stared at the family expectant of an answer.

"I know none of you are ready to let go just yet." Lia added to save it.

The three of them looked at one another, trying to make up their minds.

"One month." Hyunjin joined in first, looking at his parents and shrugging. "If it's meant to be, Yeji will wake up. If not, she won't. One more month." He told them.

The couple looked at one another, Haewen nodded first, "A-alright. One more month. Shall we pray?"

They all nodded, the doctor and nurse leaving them be. Lia was never religious, but she joined the Hwang's for this. Like Yeji used to pray for her, she did the same. 

A/n - I haven't written a story with a sad ending in a long time, not to spoil the ending or anything. It could be a happy ending

idk tho. 

anyway

I missed doing author notes at the end of my chapterssss. I just stopped doing them because the app is U N B E A R A B L E to use from a mobile device. I used to think it was my iPhone but even on my Samsung the app is just so bad. I can't edit a chapter with a picture in it otherwise the picture will delete itself. So from the time I paste the chapter into Wattpad and the time I publish, I can't make any changes otherwise the pictures delete themselves OR the whole chapter does bold font or italic font. It is so annoying. 

I'm literally doing this author note on October 30th from my laptop lmaoo

But have a great day!!! I hope you all are enjoying the book hehe :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 314 34
she was having a hard time trusting new people but he managed to break through her walls way sooner than anticipated. tommyinnit x fem!oc
2.5K 65 17
I've never thought I'd fall for my college professor but I did.
57.7K 1.6K 36
(Itzy's Ryujin x FemOC) After nine years of training, you finally debuted with five other girls called Itzy. Even though you girls have a 3-year dati...
1.5K 104 20
Seeing her there, with that perfect smile that takes you to the same sky, as beautiful as it is forbidden. How can I explain to my best friend that I...