Baseball and the Azure Blue S...

By Jacky-chan94

Aoki Sora would never have thought that having a love for cosplay and her unisex name would come in handy for... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Who needs Baseball Idiots?
Chapter 2: A maybe not so bad Baseball Idiot
Chapter 3: The Baseball Idiot's Boss
Chapter 4: Joining the Baseball Idiots
Sora Picture Gallery
Chapter 5: Eavesdropping Baseball Idiots
Chapter 6: Confused Baseball Idiots
Chapter 7: Helping the Baseball Idiot recover
Chapter 8: Worrying the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 9: The care of the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 10: Baseball Idiots hanging out
Chapter 11: A serious talk with a Baseball Idiot
Chapter 12: Retired Baseball Idiots and older brothers
Chapter 13: Baseball Idiots and battery partners
Chapter 14: Bonding with the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 15: A jealous Baseball Idiot
Chapter 16: A surprise for the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 17: Christmas with the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 18: Sleepover with the Baseball Idiot's Captain
Chapter 19: Baseball Idiots finally free!
Chapter 20: The blonde Baseball Idiot (Part 1)
Chapter 21: The blonde Baseball Idiot (Part 2)
Chapter 22: A Baseball Idiot being lost
Chapter 23: Baseball Idiots at practice
Chapter 24: Baseball Idiots revealing secrets?
Chapter 26: Baseball Idiots heart-to-heart
Chapter 27: Baseball Idiots and One Piece
Chapter 28: The Baseball Idiot's day off
Chapter 29: Forgiving the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 30: Getting to know the Baseball Idiot's Ace
Chapter 31: A drunk Baseball Idiot
Chapter 32: Valentine with the Baseball Idiots
Valentine Special: Cosplay Café Gallery (Part 1)
Valentine Special: Cosplay Café Gallery (Part 2)

Chapter 25: The Baseball Idiot and the fake girlfriend

127 9 7
By Jacky-chan94

Kuramochi Youichi was getting ready for his very first date in his life. Given, it was a fake date and there would be two more couples present as well, but he was still nervous. And not the nice kind of nervous. Rather anxious, actually.

He should've been anticipating and looking forward to going out with a girl for the first time. Sora had gone to the trouble to arrange it for him after all and the unknown girl had been nice enough to act as his fake girlfriend only to save his sorry little ass, but instead of being happy and excited, he seriously wished it would be over already.

Before knowing his blue haired teammate, the shortstop sure as hell would've hoped for the best. That he'd be able to get along well enough with the mysterious girl that they might have had the chance to develop true feelings for each other. He would've seen it as his unique chance to get himself a girlfriend, to start an honest romantic relationship, to fall in love... But now... Now there was Sora.

It was Saturday and the pitcher had been running through his mind all morning already. After morning practice, the blue head had left for work in the café where Kuramochi would be meeting his savior from humiliation later that day as well. He just couldn't get into the right mindset after all.

Plus, Miyuki that bloody bastard seriously had to have the nerve to inform the whole team about his dilemma and also about the fact that Sora would have to fix it for him with arranging a fake date for him only to protect his stupid pride. Even the third years had heard of it by now! No need to mention how much teasing he had received already.

The green haired teen questioned if the mortification in front of the team had been worth it...

No seriously, looking back now, wouldn't it have been just way easier to either just admit that he had exaggerated a little bit in front of those two guys he just had met in the arcades instead or to cancel the date and find an excuse? Even if it would've been a shitty excuse...?

Now he definitely wouldn't hear the end of it with all the mocking from his damn team members. What a pain in the ass! Well, no turning back now!

When he finally had gotten dressed into dark blue sneakers, a black pair of jeans, a white shirt and a warm black jacket, he left his dorm room with both hands dug into his pockets. Sawamura waved him goodbye and wished him good luck, which he only grumbled at.

The green head dragged his feet until he arrived at the café Sora was working in. Heaving a heavy sigh and preparing himself mentally, he entered and was greeted by a whole bunch of cute girls in cat cosplays. Most of them didn't seem much older than him except for a still young and beautiful blonde who was the only one not wearing a costume and looking more adult. Kuramochi blushed, although he knew from Sora that half of the staff here were guys cosplaying as girls just like the blue head, he really couldn't see any differences between the present waitresses. They were all so beautiful, it should've been illegal!

While fidgeting on his spot at the entrance, the young shortstop prayed that he wouldn't be dating one of Sora's colleagues. He hadn't been lying when he had told his teammates that he was usually awkward around girls and it was even worse when they were cute and he felt actually attracted to them in some way.

The blonde young woman with chin-length hair who was wearing a casual waitress uniform in beige and white threw him a friendly, but professional smile and bowed.

"Welcome to our café, my name is Tomo-chan and I'm the manager", she introduced herself. "How may we be of service for you today, dear customer? Would you be wanting to take a seat?"

Kuramochi panicked for a second, but regained his composure quickly.

"U-Uhm, Hi I'm Kuramochi Youichi and I'm supposed to meet someone here today...?"

"Ah, yes! Kuramochi-kun! I'm aware of your appointment", the manager beamed and winked at him a little cheekily before she turned and called out into another direction. "Ao-chan! Your boyfriend is here!"

"Coming!" someone chirped back from a back room of the café.

The shortstop's face flushed dark red, causing Tomoko to chuckle slightly.

"Oh my, young love...!"

The door in the back of the cosplay café flew open and in a flash of a lovey-dovey sparkling aura with hearts and stars, Sora came running towards her green haired friend in girls' attire and literally jumped into his arms, flinging her own arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

"My Ichi! You're here! I missed you!" she cooed sweetly, pressing her soft and warm body against his.

Kuramochi stopped breathing. His brain had successfully quit the service and his body only stood rigid.

What...?!

Ao-chan?

Boyfriend?

Young love?

My Ichi???!!!

What the fuck?!

Sora was wearing her sky blue long hair in a high ponytail and she had put on a light and natural make-up, making her cerulean eyes shine brightly. She had decided to go along a little bit with Kuramochi's usual style, so she was dressed in her black knee-length boots with low heels, black leggings beneath dark blue destroyed jeans hot pants and a fiery red long-sleeved shirt with a nice V-neck.

As she let go of an utterly blanched Kuramochi who was currently trying to process his state of mental shock, her manager was nice enough to help her into her dark gray coat and this time the blue haired girl had also been smart enough to bring a set of lighter gray checkered gloves, earmuffs and a fluffy muffler.

"Ichi as a nickname for Youichi?" Tomoko asked curiously and Sora grinned mischievously.

"Yup", she nodded. "And because he's my one and only number one. Plus, he's Seidou's lead-off man and number one batter, so Ichi is more than appropriate for him"

Hearing that kind of helped the shortstop to snap out of it, but only to change from being pale to exploding in red once again. This was bad for his heart! He could seriously die! His pulse was racing in high speed and still kept quickening.

"Aw, Ao-chan, I had no idea you were such a cutie pie!" the blonde manager sang with a glance in Kuramochi's direction. "But your boyfriend seems to have a little problem..."

"Sorry, Tomo-chan, my Ichi has always been a rather shy one with strangers. Don't mind it", Sora gave back with a cute girlish giggle, linking arms with her green haired friend and teammate.

"I see. Well then, I wish you two a very nice day!"

"Thank you, Tomo-chan!"

Waving her manager goodbye, the young girl dragged a still absentminded Kuramochi with her. When they finally had left the café and were walking side by side, Sora began laughing wholeheartedly.

"Holy hell, Mochi! You should see your face! It's just me, right? I'm not a ghost! You look like I've been revived from the dead or somethin'"

Hearing his blue haired team member talking normally to him again, helped Kuramochi to come back to his senses. With the cute and girly act gone, it was easier for him to recognize that it was really Sora and that he wasn't dreaming or hallucinating.

"You are aware that I filled in Tomo-chan about everything and that she also knows about my real gender and my real name, no?"

"Huh?! It didn't seem that way at all! What the fuck, Sora...?! You told me that I'd be meeting a girl today who'd act as my fake girlfriend!"

"It was an act, dumbass", the blue head deadpanned. "And Tomo-chan played along to show you how we would be operating today. I'm Ao-chan and the one playing your fake girlfriend today is me, of course! Why would I ask some random chic to help out my friend and my teammate when I could do it a hundred times better myself?!"

Kuramochi exhaled audibly, not so sure whether to be genuinely happy to have Sora as his date or if he should rather run and hide somewhere so that his heart could be spared.

"Ah, besides", Sora added nonchalantly gaining his attention. "I don't know if you've figured out yourself yet, but be prepared for the high possibility of your two buddies showing up alone today. And for them to expect you to arrive by yourself as well"

"...?!"

The green haired shortstop shot her a puzzled glance, causing the young girl to groan and to roll her sky blue eyes at him.

"Ugh, Mochi, seriously?!" she complained. "So, you lied to them about having a girlfriend, right? I'm pretty sure they just did the same. They met you, you've played videogames together, you've competed and they saw the cool dude and the popular baseball player in you from the very beginning. They wanted to brag! To show off in front of the elite Seidou High guy. I'd bet my own life on it that neither of them has a girlfriend and that they both didn't believe you to have one too. Most likely they've planned to meet and to laugh it off together or something like that"

"Eh?!"

The green haired teen stopped, dumbfounded.

"Wait a sec..."

He held up a hand to organize his scattered thoughts properly. With Sora so close by his side that was rather difficult.

"So, you already anticipated that, but you still set up that whole fake date thing?! Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"Naw, Mochi. Now you notice..."

In Sora's cerulean eyes shone a rather evil kind of amusement and she showed her friend her cheeky smirk.

"I've warned you plenty, didn't I?"

Kuramochi gulped and against his will he had to admit that Miyuki had been right. Sora was definitely fucking hot like this! Looking so cute and innocent and having such a sassy character was a way too tempting mixture. And not only for the female version!

"Is that you being a sore loser again? Because I won the base running challenge?"

The blue haired girl hummed, her malicious satisfaction fairly evident.

"See? Now we are talking. I'm glad you understand. You just know me too well, Mochi"

"Tch!" he clicked his tongue. "And there I thought that I'm the prank master"

"Don't worry, I still lost a bet and I promised to help you out, so I definitely will. I'm always true to my word", the blue head stated proudly. "So, how do you feel about making two guys lose their shit? You can show off your very loveable girlfriend to them and make them envious and jealous all you want, plus as a team we're gonna beat them to a pulp in each and every game that can be found in the arcades. Not to mention, I will brag about how popular my boyfriend is at Seidou and what a skilled baseball player and how many girls are in your fan club... And then we'll make 'em pay our lunch... How does that sound?"

Soon enough the green haired shortstop found himself grinning wickedly at his pitcher friend.

"Hyaha! You lil' punk! Couldn't have done it any better myself! Sounds good to me. Speaking exactly my language"

He put his arm around Sora's shoulders and nudged her slightly with his hips, making her giggle again.

"That's my Ichi for ya!"

It was official, Kuramochi wanted to kiss her so bad that it was almost physically painful. A crush could be such a fucking pain in the ass! But at least he would get to spend a nice day with the blue head and maybe he would even be able to treat it as a real date in his own thoughts.

Arriving at the game center arm in arm it was truly scary how accurate Sora's predictions could be. Not only in baseball, but also in real life it seemed.

As the young shortstop smiled proudly, puffing out his chest and introducing his girlfriend to his two new gaming buddies who had indeed come alone, without female company, their eyes were almost plopping out of their heads in disbelief. They even went as far as to throw a little temper tantrum at how unfair that was and that they had thought that they all three had been on the same page with exaggerating and just lying about having a girlfriend. Like the blue haired girl had already guessed correctly, they had planned on meeting at the arcade, clearing the misunderstanding or rather the mutual bragging, laughing it off together and find some comfort in pitying each other for still being single in their second, almost third year of High School.

Sora threw Kuramochi a knowing glance, raised an eyebrow and smirked.

See?! Told you so...

She had an older brother after all...

After the rather awkward introduction, the four teenagers decided to still enter the arcade and to hang out with each other. Sweetly enough, the two boys promised Sora that she wouldn't be the third wheel even when playing with three guys and they all hit it off surprisingly well.

At first the green head tensed a little at Sora's attempts to keep up the act as a lovey-dovey couple by holding his hand or hugging him or clinging to his arm while walking, but after some time he got accustomed to it and just a little while later he was casually putting his arm around her shoulders or also around her waist without a problem. It was still his Sora, after all. They had wrestled and slept in the same bed together, amongst other things like massages and generally hanging out with each other on a daily basis, so he soon lost his reservations.

Again, Sora's assumption that they would be able to beat the two other boys in every game and every challenge as a team came true and Kuramochi wondered if his teammate had clairvoyant abilities. Every time they won, they high fived or the young girl would jump into his arms in pure joy like when they played infield in baseball together. Their gaming buddies almost turned green with envy, but that fact just made it even more amusing for the power couple, how they were soon called.

Their new friends actually agreed quite lightheartedly to pay for the lunch since they had lost every single round and the young girl had to admit that they somehow gained her respect because they weren't sour or resentful or sulking at all. They accepted their defeat and of course it sucked, but altogether they just had a lot of fun as a whole group of friends playing games with each other.

When they finally decided to call it a day, it was already evening and almost dark outside. The last few shades of dark red, dark blue and violet were still visible in the sky and a cold winter wind was blowing. Kuramochi's buddies promised to come and cheer for his next match and he and Sora waved them off since they had to go to the subway station which was located in the opposite direction of the way they had to take back to the Seidou compounds.

Enjoying the casual and slow stroll through the city, the green haired shortstop threw occasional glances at his hand that was still holding Sora's. Their fingers were intertwined with each other like back in the night of the thunderstorm when his teammate had tried to soothe him after having heard his Junior High background story. Sora didn't even seem to notice or to particularly care, chatting away gleefully about their day at the arcades.

Kuramochi was aware that his blue haired friend was fond of skinship and had a very touchy-feely side as well, especially in the mornings or when being tired or exhausted. Sora never hesitated to show affection to his teammates, however in an amicable way. At first that had been a little weird, but by now all the first string members had gotten used to it. Seeing Sawamura and Sora leaning onto each other dozing off in the dugout after practice or finding the two of them in the same bed having fallen asleep while video talking to Ten or Sora's parents or even watching movies together with them as the brunette pitcher hugged the blue head from behind weren't an oddity anymore. Even the shy Kawakami had managed to get accustomed to Sora resting on his shoulder during breakfast while Shirasu always organized a cup of black coffee.

Nevertheless, holding Sora's hand and walking so closely side by side after having spent such a nice day with each other was a different matter and had a whole different kind of vibe that made Kuramochi's heart do summersaults inside of his chest. It felt like a date. And to his own surprise he also wanted to see it, to treat it as a date.

As he spotted a small food stall on the other side of the street, he told Sora to wait for him for a sec and jogged over to buy a snack for him and the blue head. Unfortunately Kuramochi had to let go of Sora's hand in order to do that, but it couldn't be helped.

Just recognizing that she had held the shortstop's hand the whole time coming from the arcades without even noticing, the blue haired girl's cheeks grew pink and she tried to snuggle a bit into her muffler so that her cheeky teammate wouldn't see it. It would've been teasing material for him anyway.

Returning back to Sora, Kuramochi surprised her with a chocolate filled taiyaki which made her beautiful cerulean eyes sparkle joyfully. She thanked her green haired friend with a wide and genuine smile and he only rubbed the back of his head sheepishly and avoided her gaze.

Starting to walk once again, the two Seiodu students soon entered the areas getting less and less busy since the school compounds were a bit outlying and also the number of people passing by decreased to an absolute minimum. That was when suddenly the rain started completely out of the blue.

"Ahh! Why rain now?!" Sora complained, trying to shield her precious taiyaki with her hands.

"Let's take shelter over there, c'mon!"

Kuramochi pulled her sleeve, leading the way to a dry area beneath an awning of a closed store. Well, it looked like it had been closed for quite a long time now since it was shabby and grubby, but at least they could get out of the downpour. They both looked at each other and started laughing and the green haired teen shook his head.

"We have some tough luck, huh?!"

Sora sighed in exasperation.

"So true. We actually had to pull a Miyuki so close to the Seidou compounds. And I didn't bring an umbrella today!"

"Hyaha! Pull a Miyuki?!"

"Yeah, 'cause he's got bad luck everywhere he goes, right? That's why he never wins in rock-paper-scissors"

The shortstop broke out in laughter, holding his stomach.

"You sure do have a point..."

"Duh..."

Nibbling on their chocolate filled snacks in mutual comfortable silence, the two friends leaned against the wall of the small building and waited for the weather to calm down.

"You think we'd make it to the next konbini to buy an umbrella?" Sora asked after some time had passed and there weren't any signs of the rain stopping soon.

"Not without getting drenched and risking to catch a cold"

"Ugh, coach would skin us alive"

"Miyuki as well"

"Word!"

The blue haired girl checked her smartphone and put it back into her pocket.

"I could try calling Eijun?"

"Nah, they're probably still practicing, right?"

"Ah, right. Voluntary afternoon practice and dinner and stuff..."

"Yeah..."

Another moment passed and Kuramochi glanced at Sora whose head had plopped back against the wall as well. The blue haired girl had closed her eyes and exhaled audibly. The young shortstop admired how long and thick her eyelashes were, how smooth and creamy her skin looked and how her azure blue bangs covered her forehead in a messy, but cute way. He noticed he was staring intensely, but he just couldn't bring himself to snap out of it this time.

His eyes wandered down to Sora's lips and he wondered if the blue head would taste as good as this sugar-cinnamon scent suggested he could smell even now in the rain. They sure looked awfully rosy, full and soft.

Before he knew what he was doing, Kuramochi had moved in front of the young girl, leaning in very closely and resting one arm above her head on the wall. His short temper and his inability to contain and to restrain himself had always been his personal weaknesses. Actually he was well aware of that, but sad to say in this particular situation he didn't even want to try anymore. He was sick of holding back! He only hoped that Sora wouldn't hate him for it.

Having noticed a shadow falling over her face, the blue haired girl opened her sky blue eyes only to lock them directly with Kuramochi's. Her heart skipped a beat and her brain needed some time to process what was happening. They were close! So close! Too damn close! Sora couldn't see anything but the green head's eyes and his gaze was so intense that it made her body shiver. She gulped and her breath hitched for a second. His warmth surrounded her and for the first time she recognized his dark and musky scent that came with it.

Absentmindedly Sora was faintly able to notice one of his arms resting against the wall above her and his other arm slowly wrapping around her waist. Seriously?! A kabedon?! Again?! First Miyuki with the dresser thing and now even Kuramochi?! What was up with those two recently? The blue haired girl had even gone to the trouble to research the correct term for this manga cliché situation because she had been curious. Well actually, she had scoffed at the fact that it even required an own name and now she was experiencing it for the second time and with Kuramochi of all people.

What was more alarming though was that she hadn't protested yet, that she was just fascinatedly staring at him and his beautiful eyes and that the blue haired girl didn't even feel uncomfortable in the slightest. She was rather excited. Nervous, yes, embarrassed as hell, sure thing, but not opposed, unfortunately. Sora felt her face heating up as Kuramochi slowly came even closer.

"Mochi...?" she mumbled almost inaudibly.

That's when his mind finally snapped. Hearing his nickname being whispered to him so sweetly, Kuramochi couldn't take it anymore. He closed the gap swiftly, but smoothly and pressed his lips on Sora's. Her eyes widened with shock as he kissed her and she could feel his muscular body pushing hers against the wall even more, his grip around her waist gentle, yet firm.

The shortstop sighed in relief into the kiss, feeling pleasant tingles running all over his skin. He inhaled the heavenly scent and held Sora's warm and soft body tightly. It was the best feeling ever! Much better than his first encounter with a girl who had seduced him just out of boredom. Back then he had thought that he had been so lucky, but right in this moment he could die happily without any regrets in life.

And that honey sweet taste of the blue head's lips was almost too much for his senses! Like a drug. He felt intoxicated, wanted even more. His tongue licked slowly over her lower lip, relishing the flavor. When Sora gasped surprised at his bold action, he entered her mouth gently, giving her time to adjust, tasting her, feeling her.

The young girl felt as if her whole body was on fire. She wasn't thinking anymore, only feeling. She basically melted into Kuramochi's kiss. Not knowing what else to do, she just let him do whatever he wanted to do, her hands desperately searching for some support by holding onto his shoulders. He answered by cupping her cheek with the hand that had been leaning against the wall, then readjusted it behind her neck, caressing her sensitive skin there with his calloused thumb.

Getting goosebumps, Sora's body shuddered and she was running one hand through the shortstop's olive green spiky hair to return the favor. It felt like time had suddenly stopped for the two of them until Kuramochi very slowly and hesitantly detached his lips from hers, resting his forehead against Sora's instead. Both teenagers had their eyes closed and were panting for air by now.

As the blue haired girl regained her consciousness, she slowly but surely started to panic inwardly. She had kissed Kuramochi! No, wait... Wrong way of putting it. Kuramochi had kissed her! But she hadn't rejected him. She had let him kiss her. Voluntarily! And what was even worse, she wanted him to do it again this instant. She didn't want it to end. Then another very embarrassing fact hit her... They were in public! They had fucking kissed in public! Shit!Shit!Shit!...!

Sora was afraid to open her eyes. She was still holding onto Kuramochi and tried to get her breathing and her erratic heartbeat under control. And her desire to kiss him again. Holy hell! That guy would be the death of her one day! But something else suddenly piqued her interest. The sound of rain had stopped.

"Mochi, look!" the blue head spoke softly, fluttering her azure blue eyes open. "The rain has stopped"

Making sure she could stand on her own, Kuramochi took a small step back from her and had a look around.

"Oh, you're right", he said, his voice dark and husky.

When their eyes met, both of the students blushed profoundly and hurried to avert their gazes again. An awkward silence was making them even more nervous, until the green haired boy could muster his courage to clear his throat. He grabbed Sora's hand and intertwined their fingers once again before he started walking.

"C'mon, let's go back!"

"Y-Yeah..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 348 12
It all happened so fast. One minute they were together, then the next they weren't. As Kazuya mourns after the loss of his lover, two years and seven...
70.1K 2K 16
Miyuki has been jealous lately that Sawamura had been hanging out with other catchers, mainly Koushuu. Kuramochi keeps claiming that Sawamura always...
8.6K 388 8
Sawamura & Furuya By: BrilliantDance Republished. Give them love!!!
161K 3.5K 124
Diamond no Ace X reader fanfic! I hope you like it 😉