Rowdy || 18+ || RH

By WakeWriteWrath

|| Reverse Harem || Four Men/One Woman || ⚔️ || "It's not about belonging to someone, but belonging together... More

Authors Opening Notes
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 🌶️
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 🌶️
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 🌶️
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 🌶️
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 🌶️
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 🌶️
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 🌶️
Chapter 30 🌶️
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 🌶️
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 🌶️
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 pt 1
Chapter 43 pt 2 🌶️
Chapter 44 🌶️
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 🌶️
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 🌶️
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 🌶️
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 🌶️
Chapter 59 🌶️
Chapter 60 🌶️
Author's Closing Note
Meet the Men of Rowdy

Chapter 32

4.7K 160 7
By WakeWriteWrath

Emersyn

My tears slowly subside, leaving a lingering ache in my chest. Fowler pulls back, his eyes filled with a tender concern that warms my heart. "Give me your phone," he says, his voice steady and reassuring.

I blink at him, confusion reflected in my eyes. But there's a determined look on his face, a silent promise that he's here to help me shoulder the burden. I hand over my phone, still unsure of what he's planning to do.

He dials quickly, his fingers moving with a certainty that I currently lack.

The phone rings, breaking the silence that has settled between us. After a moment, I hear the familiar voice of Valarie. Even though I can't make out her words, just hearing the sound of her voice brings a small comfort to my chaotic world.

"Hey, Valarie, it's Fowler," he starts, his voice carrying a warmth that I know Valarie would respond to. There's a brief pause as Valarie replies, her words inaudible to me.

"Yeah, I'm one of Emersyn's roommates. I'm here with her now," he continues, his voice holding a note of urgency. Another pause, longer this time, as Valarie responds.

He listens intently before responding. "Are you working?" he asks, the question hanging in the air as he waits for her reply. 

Fowler nods, his face breaking into a small smile as he hears her response. "She could really use her best friend right now," he says, his voice tinged with a hopeful note that lifts my spirits, if only slightly.

I can feel my heartbeat in my throat, a rhythmic reminder of the roller coaster of emotions I'm currently navigating. Fowler pauses, allowing Valarie to respond, her words still a mystery to me.

After a moment, his smile widens. "Great, see you then," he says.

He ends the call, his eyes meeting mine. "Valarie's on her way over," he tells me.

I nod, a lump forming in my throat at the prospect of facing Valarie with my messy, complicated feelings. I don't know why I feel so nervous. I tell Valarie everything. Or at least I used to. I haven't exactly told her much about what's going on here, with the guys.

"We're going to have a movie night, just the three of us," Fowler says, his words wrapping around me.

I'm a fragile mess as Fowler holds my gaze, his eyes a sea of understanding in which I find myself drowning. I feel exposed, my soul laid bare under his scrutinizing yet gentle gaze. 

I know he isn't judging me. I am judging myself enough for both of us. I want to be mad at Marx, but I can't bring myself to do it. I'm mad at myself for feeling so strongly about this situation. I could have stopped Marx if I had wanted. But I didn't want to. I wanted more, and that's what I'm upset about. That, and the fact that he left so suddenly. He left me confused.

As Fowler moves to rise, his hand finds mine, a warm, grounding presence. I cling to it, a lifeline in the storm that rages within me.

There's a knock at the door. Fowler moves to open it, revealing Valarie. Her eyes, always so full of life, scan my face, taking in the raw vulnerability that I can no longer hide.

"Em," she breathes, crossing the distance between us in a heartbeat. Her arms envelop me, a familiar refuge where I allow myself to just be.

She pulls back slightly, her hands framing my face, forcing me to meet her gaze. "Talk to me, love. Tell me what's going on," she pleads, her voice tinged with a desperation that mirrors my own.

I open my mouth, but the words catch in my throat.

I take a deep breath, a shaky attempt to steady myself. I feel Valarie's gentle touch on my face, a touch that used to bring so much joy, now bringing a sting of tears to my eyes.

"I...I don't know, Val," I whisper, the words barely escaping, laden with the weight of confusion and hurt. "I'm just so... sad."

Valarie's eyes well up with tears, reflecting my own sadness. "Oh, Em," she whispers back, pulling me into a tight embrace. I can feel her heart beating, a solid reminder that I'm not alone in this.

Fowler joins us, his arms wrapping around both of us, creating a circle of warmth and safety. 

After a while, Valarie pulls back, wiping away her tears and giving me a determined nod. "Okay, let's do this. Movie night, just like old times," she says. Then she turns to Fowler, fully taking him in for the first time. "Well, almost like old times."

We all share a weak smile before heading towards my bedroom.

I walk hesitantly, feeling the weight of my mixed emotions heavy on my shoulders. But I'm not alone. Fowler is at my side, a strong, silent presence offering me support. Valarie walks ahead, her vibrant energy lighting up the room, even in the gloom.

As we reach my room, Valarie goes straight to my bed, fluffing up the pillows and setting the scene for our movie night. Fowler follows suit, helping to arrange the bed into a comfortable nest for us to snuggle into.

I stand at the doorway, watching them. They move in sync, almost as if they are the same person. And in a way, they are. They're similar in so many ways. I can't help but wonder if that's why I instantly connected with Fowler. He has the same energy as Valarie.

I join them on the bed, lying down with a sigh that seems to come from the very depths of my soul. Valarie lies beside me, pulling me into a gentle embrace. My head finds a comforting spot in her lap, a place where I've found comfort so many times before.

Fowler turns off the lights and then lies down behind me, his body a warm, reassuring presence against my back. I can feel his hand on my back, his fingers drawing soothing circles against my skin.

Valarie starts a movie, a light comedy that we've watched a hundred times before, one that usually brings laughter and joy.

I feel Valarie's fingers playing with my hair, a soothing gesture that helps to anchor me to the present moment. Fowler's hand on my back remains a constant, grounding presence, a reminder that I'm not alone in this.

As the night wears on, we lie there together, a tangled mess of limbs and emotions, finding comfort in our unity, in our friendship.

The sound of the front door opening and closing with a thud jolts me back to reality. I hear Locke and Cruz's familiar voices echoing through the house, calling out to check if anyone is home.

Fowler raises his head, yelling back to let them know that we're all in my room. There's a brief moment of silence before I hear the soft thuds of Locke and Cruz approaching.

The door swings open gently, revealing Locke and Cruz standing at the threshold. Their eyes sweep over us, and I can tell they sense that something is amiss. But they don't pry; they just share a knowing look with Fowler, a silent understanding passing between them.

Locke breaks the silence, his voice soft yet attempting to bring a hint of normalcy back into the room. "We're thinking of starting dinner soon," he announces, his eyes filled with a comforting, yet concerned warmth.

Cruz chimes in, his voice light yet tinged with an underlying seriousness, "Yeah, and while we do that, maybe you guys can figure out what game we're playing tonight for game night?"

I manage a weak smile. I had forgotten about game night.

Fowler nods, giving them a small smile that holds a thank you within it. A thank you for understanding, for giving us space, for being there without pressing too hard.

Valarie sits up, her arms still around me, lending me her strength. "Sounds good," she says, her voice a soft caress that seems to ease the heaviness that has settled in the room.

Locke and Cruz nod, giving us one last comforting look before they turn to leave the room.

We lay there for a while longer, the movie playing unnoticed in the background.

Valarie's fingers resume their gentle dance through my hair, a grounding touch that helps to tether me to the here and now. Fowler's touch on my back remains a comforting pressure.

As the sky outside darkens, a signal of the approaching evening, we slowly start to move, stretching limbs that have grown stiff from lying down for so long.

Valarie looks at me, her eyes holding a silent question, a willingness to listen, to be there for me in any way I need.

I offer her a small smile, a silent assurance that I'm okay, at least for now. That I appreciate her being here, her willingness to stand by my side as I navigate through the murky waters of my own emotions.

Fowler stands, offering me a hand to help me up. I take it, feeling the warmth of his skin against mine, a simple yet comforting connection in a time where I feel so disconnected from everything else.

Together, we leave the room, the soft glow from the living room guiding our way. As we move towards the others, towards the promise of food and the distraction of a game night, I feel a tiny flicker of hope igniting within me.

As we settle down in the living room, the atmosphere feels lighter, more relaxed. The familiar scents of dinner cooking fill the air, and the comforting sight of Locke and Cruz moving around the kitchen brings a semblance of normalcy back into my life.

Valarie turns towards me, a playful glint in her eyes that I haven't seen in what feels like forever. "So, game night, huh?" she teases, nudging me gently with her elbow. "How come I've never been invited to one of these before?"

I can't help but chuckle at her exaggerated indignation. It feels good to laugh, even if it's just a small one. "I had to make sure it was Valarie approved before I invited you," I tell her, trying to suppress the smile that threatens to spread across my face.

Valarie feigns a hurt expression, placing a hand over her heart dramatically. "I can't believe you've been keeping this from me, Em," she says, her voice dripping with mock sadness.

I laugh again, feeling a bit of the heaviness lifting from my chest. "I promise, it wasn't intentional," I say, reaching over to give her a playful shove.

Valarie grins, her mood infectious. "Well, I expect an invitation to every game night from now on, got it?"

I nod, my heart feeling lighter than it has all day. "You got it, Val."

Fowler joins in on our playful banter, his smile adding to the warm atmosphere. "So, what are we playing tonight?" he asks, looking between Valarie and me.

I shrug, feeling a bit unsure. "What do you think, Val?" I ask, turning towards her.

Valarie taps her chin thoughtfully, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "How about a classic game of charades?" she suggests, her grin widening.

I can't help but join in on her excitement, the prospect of a game night bringing a much-needed distraction. "Charades it is," I agree, feeling a genuine smile spreading across my face.

Fowler nods in agreement, his eyes meeting mine.

Together, we start to prepare for the game, moving furniture around to create enough space for our antics.

As Locke and Cruz join us, bringing plates filled with delicious smelling food, I feel a warmth spreading through me, a sense of belonging, of being loved and cared for.

We gather around the coffee table, our plates filled with food, the room filled with laughter, and the comforting presence of friends.

I introduce Valarie to Locke and Cruz. They welcome her into our chaotic game night.

While we are eating, the front door opens. The room falls silent as Marx walks in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 5.2K 35
Callie It's been a long year. I like to think I've grown as a person and become someone I can be proud of. Still, a part of me is missing or rather f...
79.3K 3.7K 26
Sequel to More Than Just Roommates!! **Completed** It's been ten years since the four boys first got together, and a lot has changed. They've gotten...
152K 8.4K 26
Edited In a vast and mysterious land where no human can reach and only aquatic being had put eyes upon. Under all the darkness and the mysteries of t...
258K 10.5K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...