Whispers of Shadows and Bonds

By eat_sleep_study_die

Giyuu and Shinobu ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป HARVEST MOON- refers to the full moon that occurs closest to the autumnal equinox, typ... More

Chapter 1: Unexpected Encounters
Chapter 2: Bonds of Battle
Chapter 3: Shadows of the Past
Chapter 4: Confrontation in the Shadows
Chapter 5: Dawning Light
Chapter 6: Unintended Connection
Chapter 7: Whispers of the Heart
Chapter 8: Echoes of the Past
Chapter 9: A Fragile Bond
Chapter 10: Homeward Bound
Chapter 11: Reflections in Solitude
Chapter 12: Gathering of the Elite
Chapter 13: A Path Forward
Chapter 14: Embers of the Heart
Chapter 15: Unforeseen Shadows
Chapter 16: Unveiling Truths
Chapter 17: Wounds and Care
Chapter 18: Whispers of the Past
Chapter 19: Echoes of Jealousy
Chapter 20: Bonds of Crimson and Butterfly
Chapter 21: Doubts in Moonlight
Chapter 22: Thunderstorms and Comfort
Chapter 23 Bonds of Family
Chapter 24: A Breakfast and a Slip of the Tongue
Chapter 25: A Father's Smile
Chapter 26: Moonlit Harvest
Chapter 27: Moonlit Battle
Chapter 28: Poisoned Resolve
Chapter 29: Bonds of Care
Chapter 30: An Unusual Night
Chapter 31: The Demon of Deja Vu
Chapter 32: Breaking the Cycle
Chapter 33: Daylight Respite
Chapter 34: A Chilling Encounter
Chapter 36: A Father's Grief
Chapter 37: The Gathering of Hashira
Chapter 38: Heartbreak and Healing
Chapter 39: Dawn's Embrace
Chapter 40: The Divorce Deception
Chapter 41: Bonds and Harvest Moons
Chapter 42: Memories in the Rain
Chapter 43: "The Absent Giyuu: Pillar Meeting and Unspoken Concerns"
Chapter 44: The Worrying Silence
Chapter 46: The Search for Giyuu Tomioka
Chapter 46: found him
Chapter 47: Reunion in the Butterfly Estate

Chapter 35: A Shattered Innocence

27 3 2
By eat_sleep_study_die

The pool of blood in the dimly lit room sent a chill down Giyuu's spine. Without hesitation, he drew his sword and unleashed the first form of water breathing, his blade cutting through the air with the precision of a seasoned demon slayer. The demon lurking in the shadows was vanquished before it could even react, its lifeless form falling to the floor.

However, the macabre scene that unveiled itself in the aftermath of the battle shattered the silence. Shinobu's voice quivered as she spoke, her eyes wide with shock and sorrow, "G-Giyuu, look at the bodies."

Giyuu, still caught in the grip of his own thoughts, slowly turned his gaze toward the lifeless figures. Horror washed over him as he realized the gruesome truth.

Sakura's lifeless form lay on the floor, her innocent eyes forever closed, her tiny hand stained with her own blood. Beside her was her father, still breathing but grievously wounded. He clung to life by a thread, his eyes searching for his daughter.

Giyuu's eyes widened, and for a moment, he was frozen, unable to process the devastating scene before him. He could only think of Haruki and what this loss would mean to the boy.

Shinobu snapped him out of his stupor, her voice laced with urgency and anger, "Giyuu, move! We need to help him." She rushed to Sakura's father's side, trying to stabilize him and staunch the bleeding.

With a sharp inhale, Giyuu finally moved, his movements mechanical and devoid of his usual grace. He knelt beside Shinobu, his hands trembling as he assisted her in caring for the injured man.

Tears welled in Shinobu's eyes as she glanced at Sakura's lifeless body. She had seen her share of horrors, but the innocence of a child's death shook her to the core. She knew that they couldn't save Sakura, but they had a duty to ensure her father's survival.

As they worked together to provide aid, the weight of their responsibilities pressed down upon them. Giyuu's thoughts raced, his mind haunted by the knowledge of how he would have to break the news to Haruki. His young ward would be devastated by the loss of his dear friend.

In that dark and somber room, Giyuu and Shinobu were reminded of the relentless cruelty of their world. The innocence of childhood was a fragile thing, easily shattered by the horrors that lurked in the shadows. And as they fought to save a grieving father, they knew that their duty as demon slayers was to protect the innocence that remained, no matter the cost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1K 15
๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐ฆ๐ž๐๐ž, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ? *+:๏ฝก.๏ฝกใ€€ใ€€๏ฝก.๏ฝก:+* โ†ณ in which he reminds her of the moon. *+:๏ฝก.๏ฝกใ€€ใ€€๏ฝก.๏ฝก:+* โ†ณ ๐ข ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ...
243K 8.9K 37
[3rd place in Seijuro Akashi category of KnB Watty Awards 2014 Fall/Winter] [3rd place in Kuroko no Basuke category of Anime Watty Awards 2014/15 Win...
765K 6.4K 33
๐Ž๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ค๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ ๐ง๐จ ๐ฒ๐š๐›๐ข๐š. REQUEST ARE CLOSED!! #...
8.2K 217 11
โ““โ“˜โ“ขโ“’โ“žโ“โ“ฃโ“˜โ“โ“คโ“”โ““ หš เผ˜โœถ โ‹†๏ฝกหš โ€โžท ฮฑฮท ั”ัƒั” ฦ’ฯƒั ฮฑฮท ั”ัƒั”. ฮฑ โ„“ั”g ฦ’ฯƒั ฮฑ โ„“ั”g. ฮฑ ั•ะฝฯƒั‚ ฮนฮท ั‚ะฝั” ะฝั”ฮฑัั‚ โˆ‚ฯƒั”ั•ฮท'ั‚ ะผฮฑะบั” ฮนั‚ ฯ…ฮท-ะฒัั”ฮฑะบ. ส/ษด แดกแด€s แด€ สแดแดœษดษข ส™แดส ส™แดส€ษด ษชษดแด›แด แด›สœแด‡ แด˜แด€ส€แด€แด…ษชsแด‡...