Hidden

By Binary_Writter23

1980: A beautiful baby girl is born while another baby is miscarriaged. What happens when a grieving husband... More

Chapter one
Chapter three
chapter 4 (Edited)
Update
author note
author's note

Chapter two

587 25 0
By Binary_Writter23

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, the proud owners of number four privet drive, had always been proud to say that they were perfectly normal. Out of everyone, they were the last people you'd expect to be involved with anything strange or mysterious. That Nonsense just did not hold with the Dursley family. Vernon Dursley, was the director of a firm called "Grunnings" which of course made drills. The male hardly had a neck and was big and beefy. But he did have a very big mustache. Petunia Dursley however, was thin and had brown hair. But unlike her husband, she had twice the usual amount of neck. This is very useful to her when she has spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on her neighbors.

The Dursley family was completed finally with a little son. A little boy named Dudley Dursley. In the eyes of the parents, the boy could do nothing wrong and they believed that there was no finer boy than their dudley. But while the dursley family looked perfect, they had their own big secret that had also become their greatest fear should it ever get out. Petunia had a sister. Mrs.Potter was her sister, but the two had not met for several years. Petunia even went as far as to pretend that she didn't have a sister. This was because her sister and her Good-for-nothing husband were so undursleyish that they had broken the limit.

The dursleys were very aware of the little girl the potters had just had as well. Of course they had never met the child, and they enjoyed it that way. They did not want their precious Dudley to be mingling with that sort. The Tuesday that the family had awoken on, was gray and dull. But you see, this is where our story starts. Nothing about this Tuesday would have suggested that anything abnormal was about to happen to the family of Number four. Vernon Dursley hummed while getting ready for another day of work and Petunia Dursley was gossipping away happily all while wrestling a screaming dudley into his high chair.

Of course it went unnoticed as a big tawny owl had flown past the window. But of course, like any other day, Vernon kissed his son's head and picked up his briefcase, and gave his wife a kiss before he was out the door. He walked outside and got into his car and pulled out of his driveway, intending to go to work. That's when he noticed something odd. In the corner of the street, he saw a cat reading a map. For a moment, Vernon didn't realize what he had seen...but when he looked back, the cat was there, but not the map.

Vernon truly believed that it was a trick of the light. As he looked back at the cat, said the cat simply stared back. But as he drove past the cat, he shook his head and checked his rearview mirror and noticed that the cat was staring at the private drive signs, refusing to believe that the cat was reading the sign. Cats don't read. It was as simple as that. As he got to the edge of town, he noticed something different and strange.

There were people walking around in cloaks? Was this some new fashion that the youngsters were wearing nowadays? He rolled his eyes as traffic moved and he continued his journey to work. He walked up to the building and stepped inside. He went up to the ninth floor, where his normal office was. He smiled as he sat down. His chair was always situated so he had his back to the window. But upon doing this today, he missed the owls swooping past within broad daylight

The people down below were watching the owls with awe as normally owls didn't appear that day. Vernon's day went as it normally did. He made some important phone calls and yelled at about five people before shouting a bit more. His mood was good until lunchtime hit. As he was getting a bun from the bakery for lunch, those people in cloaks were whispering about something. While waiting for his bun, Vernon heard what they were whispering about.

" The Potters, that's right, that's what i heard—"

"---Yes, their daughter Elizabeth—"

Vernon paused with dread and fear. He got his gun and rushed back to his office, intending to call his wife and tell him what he heard. But before he could finish dialing their home number he stopped himself and thinked for a moment. He was being stupid. Potter was not that unusual of a name, surely there were a lot of people named Potter with a daughter named Elizabeth. He was not even sure his niece was named Elizabeth.

Upon arriving home, he noticed that the same cat from earlier was sitting in his yard. He paused and looked at it. "Shoo" he demanded, stepping out of the car. The only thing he got in response was a stern look. He rolled his eyes and walked inside. Upon seeing his wife, he smiled slightly and nervously. "Petunia, dear...you haven't heard from your sister lately, have you?" he asked, avoiding looking at his wife. Petunia looked at her husband with a glare at the mere mention of her sister.

"No," She snapped. She looked at him, fully facing him. "Why do you ask?" She said, Vernon gulped and shrugged slightly. He was not afraid of his wife, but when his wife got on the topic of her sister and freakishness, there was no stopping her rant. "Funny stuff on the news you see...Owls, shooting stars, and there were a lot of funny looking people within town today." he said, looking everywhere but his wife.

Petunia glared at her husband. "So?" she asked, glaring. Vernon finally looked at her again. "Well, I just thought that maybe...it was something to do with...you know, HER crowd" Vernon said. He watched his wife carefully, needing to make sure that he did not end up on the couch tonight. Vernon dursley, in that moment decided that it was not a good idea to irate his wife anymore by mentioning the name "Potter"

That night, a man walked into the streets of privet drive, walking right up to number four privet drive with a little baby girl, who was wrapped up in a blanket, a basket with a letter inside it right beside him. Nobody but mcgonagall knew he was here, not even mcgonagall knew his true intentions. He looked down at his little weapon. This little girl would be his weapon in the future, killing voldemort and then taking the blame all so she would be called the next dark lady and thrown in azkaban and he would then rise in power after twisting a sob story about how he tried to lead her down right the path and she just didn't follow him.

He smirked and set the child down on the doorstep of number four, smirking as he placed her in the basket, before turning and leaving. Petunia dursley woke up later that night after she felt something was wrong. She walked downstairs and opened the front door. She paused when she opened the door to find a baby girl on her doorstep. She looked down and brought the child inside. She set the child down on the table and picked her up, holding her as she looked into those striking green eyes.

Something inside her said that she shouldn't love this child, but she did. She looked at the letter and opened it while holding the baby. She read the letter while holding the child. She watched the child again, this was her sister's child and she felt no hate, but she felt that tingling feeling. She still hated her sister and the freakishness that her sister and her new family had, but this child...despite knowing that she would be like her mother, there was also something inside the girl's eyes that scared petunia.

She sighed as she walked into Dudley's nursery. She placed the child in the extra crib they had for the friends that Dudley already had. She then went back to bed, intending to tell her husband about the child's arrival and their new situation the following morning. When everyone woke the following day, Dudley was sitting at the table, watching the new baby girl from across the table, watching her curiously.

Petunia watched the children for a minute before looking over as her husband stumbled into the kitchen. She smiled slightly. She watched him, watching as he paused at seeing the cooing baby girl that was sitting across from his son. He looked at his wife. "Who is that?" he asked. Petunia nervously sighed. "It's our niece. Elizabeth potter. She is my sister's daughter" she said. She paused when she saw Vernon's angry face.

"No. We are not keeping that freakishness in MY house. She better be gone by the time I return home." he growled before stomping out and off to work. Petunia looked at the child and sighed. She knew a good orphanage in her old town...and as much as she didn't want to, she could write to her sister's old friend, Severus Snape to watch over the child while she was in the orphanage.

She nodded. She picked the child up and changed her diaper before changing her clothes and getting Dudley ready for the day before driving away with the children. She drove all the way to Spindler's end and to St. Joseph's orphanage. She brought the child to the orphanage and sniffled softly as she brought the child to the doorstep.
Upon knocking on the door, a young girl with brown eyes, freckles, and black hair.  had opened the door.

"Hello, my name is petunia Dursley, this child was on my doorstep...I don't know who she is and all that was left was that her birthday is July 31st and her name is Elizabeth" she said. The young girl took the child, hushing her as the child looked over at her. "Thank you for bringing her here." She said, After petunia signed some papers, the child was taken away from her and petunia left, never looking back as she turned around and left.

As Elizabeth grew, so did her magic. When she was 4 she found out she could speak to snakes. When she was 7, she had somehow ended up on the roof of the orphanage to run from the other children there. She also had turned the matron's hair blue. Elizabeth otherwise was a smart but quiet child. Something about her turned parents away from her. But there was always one man who would come and check on her personally.

A quiet 11 year old Elizabeth looked up as an owl flew towards her bedroom window. She walked over from her desk and took the letter from the owl. In her sleeve a white snake popped its head out. She turned the letter over and opened it gently and read its contents. She smirked slightly, her eyes for a split moment flashing red as power radiated from her before it was concealed again and her eyes were a greenish blue once more.

The girl slipped into her nicest clothes. She then put her hair up in a braid and the rest into a ponytail. She then fixed herself up and wrote a reply. She closed her eyes as she recounted her memories. She opened her eyes again and dully looked down at her desk. She got up and slipped her shoes and slipped out. She stepped outside and out of view as to not catch the other kid's attention seeing as that never went well.

With a pop she disappeared. When she reappeared she was outside a pub in london. She walked inside as she noticed that nobody saw it either. She looked around as she was inside. She looked like a proper pure-blood in the eyes of anyone who saw her. She walked over to the bartender. "Hello Sir. My Name is Elizabeth Evans and I was wondering if you could help me get into Diagon alley. My mother and father are walking for me in Gringotts." She said, the lie rolling off her tongue.

Tom the bartender nodded and walked out with her, tapping the bricks. She thanked him and stepped into diagon alley as she was left alone once more. She turned and looked at diagon alley as she grinned in a way that even from the spindler's end made Severus shiver randomly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 18.5K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
654K 33.1K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1M 32.5K 45
where two faceless and unique voiced people are ridiculously clueless. corpse husband x fem!oc [ started: 23/07/2021 finished: 25/12/2022 ]
594K 9.2K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...