The Memories Of Rauru And Son...

By SpiritOfSidon

Your collected memories regarding Rauru and Sonia as seen in dreams in The Out Of Body Experience. More

1: Rauru And Sonia, Two Strangers
3: The Feeling Is Mutual

2: Flowers, And A Zonai Named Mineru

17 1 0
By SpiritOfSidon

(Y/n) found herself in a location that looked vaguely familiar to her. There were water fountains in the area, and a whole arrangement of different flowers near the fountains. She was pretty sure she was in this kind of location before... With Sidon, on their short journey together.

Near the fountain stood those two strangers, Rauru and Sonia, having tea together while sitting on the edge of the fountain, a few Hylians staring at them in awe. (Y/n) noted that they were staring at Rauru in particular, murmuring softly to each other.

Rauru seemed to have noticed their stares, his long ears lowering. He must have felt like a spectacle, the way the others were looking at him.

"I have been here quite a number of times already, yet everyone still looks at me like that." He murmured softly to Sonia, who gave him a sympathetic smile. "It is not everyday a Zonai is seen."

"Even so... I am not quite sure it is just that..." Rauru frowned as his ears would twitch. He appeared... Self conscious, in a way.

"Perhaps, but do not let it bother you." Sonia smiled at him, as she brought her tea cup up to her lips. "Rather, let us continue to have our usual conversations. How has your sister been?" Sonia questioned him, which made (Y/n) perk up. Rauru had a sister? Could she be a Zonai, too?

"From when I last saw her, good. Mineru was busy tinkering with a Zonai device. It is supposed to make traveling long distances much easier. Knowing her, she will succeed, and I'd be able to see her more often in Faron." Rauru smiled softly at talking about his older sister, before he took a sip from his own tea cup.

"How splendid. Maybe you will be able to travel with something besides that peculiar scooter of yours." Sonia giggled softly with a gentle, teasing smile, which made Rauru immediately blush in embarrassment.

This made (Y/n) curious. What was the story behind this scooter of Rauru's that seemed to be so embarrassing? What even was a scooter?

"I-It's a work in progress..." He murmured.

Sonia seemed to want to ease up on him, her eyes going to look around the assortment of flowers surrounding them. "Alright, how about I tell you about how we have found a new type of flower?" She smiled, her eyes going to peer at a lone golden flower that stood out from the rest.

"A new flower?" Rauru perked up, before his blue eyes widened in shock at seeing the golden flower. His reaction did not look like one of someone seeing a simple flower for the first time. It was a look more of disbelief than awe.

Sonia seemed to have caught this, as she looked curiously at Rauru. "Rauru? Is everything alright?" She asked in concern.

He snapped himself out of it, giving Sonia a soft smile. "Y-Yes, my apologies, but it is just... That flower... It's a Sundelion. It's said to only grow in the sky islands, where we Zonai come from." He explained to her, making her nod slowly in understanding. "I see... No wonder you looked so surprised."

She then went to give him a gentle smile, placing her tea cup down on the fountain, with Rauru doing the same. "Then, isn't it quite the marvel how this flower had naturally bloomed here? I have been to this park many times for tea, and yet, this is the first time I have ever seen it. It can't be a coincidence that such a flower would bloom now, a flower you have knowledge of. Perhaps you are responsible for it?" Sonia mused with a teasing smile, causing Rauru's breath to hitch, as he shook his head.

"Not at all. It truly is a mystery how it had came to grow here... This kind of flower is said to need a lot of sunlight." Rauru murmured in wonder, gazing at the golden flower, before his blue eyes then flickered over to Sonia, staring at her for a moment too long.

(Y/n) tilted her head at the look. She did not claim to be an expert on these matters, but the way he was looking at her now... She knew there was something more to it than a mere look.

Sonia casted a gentle smile his way, before lifting a hand to her lips, giggling softly. "I see... Whatever could be the source of this abundance of sunlight?" She asked in a way that almost seemed like she already knew the answer to her own question.

"I... Might know..." Rauru mumbled in response, forcing himself to break eye contact from the blonde woman as Sonia was yet again giggling. Did she know something that both Rauru and (Y/n) didn't know about this situation?

"Excellent! Then perhaps you can help me cultivate more of these beautiful flowers? I have seen many flowers, but this one, the Sundelion... Has to be my favorite of them all." Sonia smiled tenderly as she gazed at the golden flower.

Rauru sat more upright. "Why, of course! You have been more than hospitable to me when others would have kept their distance. It would be my honor in helping you grow more Sundelions!" He nodded to her with a firm smile, a determined look in his eyes.

(Y/n) had found herself in what had appeared to be a library of sorts, where strange beings were seen organizing, much to her marvel. What in Hylia's name were these strange beings?... They did not appear to be an organic life form at all, what with a string of light being seen inside their bodies as they moved, soft jangling being heard with every movement.

In the center of this library, (Y/n) saw a female who appeared to be in the process of tinkering with something. It had appeared to be one of those strange beings, who appeared to be broken down.

"That should do it... Do you read me?" Her smooth voice spoke out as she addressed the strange being, who came to life at her work, going to stand up. It nodded in the affirmative. "Yes. Shall I continue organizing the library?" The being asked, as the female nodded with a soft smile.

Looking more closely at her, (Y/n) then felt herself gasp as she spotted a sight she couldn't believe.

On her neck... Was a very familiar necklace... It was the very exact necklace that (Y/n) always wore, secret stone and all!

There was no denying who this person was... This was Mineru. On her head was one of the very masks (Y/n)'s own family was known for creating, the one no one else made!

Here she was, very much not a Hylian, but a Zonai, seeming to be reaching for a book to read as the doors to the library were opened, revealing Rauru.

"Mineru, I believe I am in trouble." Rauru began, which made the female Zonai give a small smile. Her eyes were still on the book she had just reached for, going to place it on her lap to open it. "Did your scooter break down again?" She asked him, to which he shook his head with a nervous laugh.

"I-It is nothing like that. It is... About a woman I have met." Rauru elaborated, which finally caught his sister's full attention, whose big ears twitched as she then looked up at him. She had a far more composed face than her brother's, (Y/n) noted. A more mature air, too. Could she be the older sibling?

Appearing embarrassed, Rauru's ears lowered a bit as he ran a hand through his long hair. "Her name is Sonia, and I... Think she is really kind. We often go on walks and would frequently have tea together. She makes me feel comfortable in a world so wary about us." He told her, as Mineru went to hold her chin with one of her hands, putting her book aside as she smiled in amusement at her brother.

"Sounds to me like you have taken quite a liking for this Sonia." Mineru deduced.

"P-Perhaps, but it is just... She is a Hylian, and I am not. With that in mind... I was hoping you would know a way to fix this feeling. I can not be feeling this way towards her, I shouldn't." Rauru turned his head away with a grimace.

Mineru stared at him for a bit. "Why shouldn't you?..." She asked him softly, as he turned his back towards her.

"Because... She is so beautiful, so very kind, and she deserves someone as lovely as she. I can not even construct my own device without it either blowing up or barely working." Rauru gripped at his long hair, as he started to pace anxiously around.

"She is seen as a leader to the Hylians, something of nobility, and I am anything but! I am a Zonai, associated with a group of barbarians that let our ancestors' technology get to their heads. What the rest of our people have done to this land, have done to the Faron region, has completely messed with the balance already in place before our arrival. Seeking to take over more land by force... It has only created animosity between the people, and eventually our own destruction. Now we are the only ones left of our people, Mineru... The only ones who kept separate from the wars, but even that separation would not be enough for most people... They will still see us as monsters..." Rauru murmured, going to clench his fists.

(Y/n) saw the deep pain that were in his eyes as he spoke. This must have been the reason why he was not so keen to go back to Faron. So, there was a war that eventually wiped out the vast majority of the Zonai?...

"Rauru... I know how you feel, but... You cannot let the past haunt you like this. Yes, we are Zonai, but, why should that matter when it comes to your own happiness? You are making the call for Sonia already without knowing how she feels about you." Mineru pointed out, which made Rauru turn around to face her.

"But how could she ever feel something for me, when I am so different from her?..." Rauru murmured, before shaking his head. "B-Besides that, there is something else... She is a priestess of the Goddess Hylia, and she told me how I am the light to quell the darkness... How the Goddess Hylia has a purpose for me. Whatever could this mean, Mineru?" He questioned his sister, who hummed in thought for a few moments.

A smile then appeared on her face. "...First things first, I think you are letting your own doubts get to you too much. You are so worried about how Sonia feels about you, that you don't realize just how much potential you hold, Rauru. You are capable of greatness, of doing whatever you desire... You just have to have faith in yourself."

"Faith?..." Rauru parroted, as Mineru nodded.

"Things happen as they do for a reason. There is a reason we are the only Zonai, just like there is a reason why you are said to be this light that quells the darkness. It cannot be for nothing, and that is something you need to keep in mind." Mineru told him, before letting out a soft laugh.

"Oh, Rauru... If you truly want to earn Sonia's affections, you just have to be yourself and court her. Take little steps at a time, and do not put all your problems in one basket to handle." She told him.

"But... How can I do that?..." Rauru asked her softly, as Mineru was then reaching for another book, and tossing it to her brother to catch.

"This is a book holding the customs of the many people of the land, including Hylians. I hear Hylian women were especially keen on flowers when being courted." Mineru continued to smile at him, as Rauru's face then morphed into that of realization. "...Like that Sundelion she likes..."

"But, most importantly, Rauru... You have to always lead with your heart. Appearances can only do so much, and even that fades with time, but the heart always stays true, and that will be your key to unlocking Sonia's affections." Mineru advised him, while Rauru seemed to be taking all this information in, a sort of hopeful gleam now appearing in his bright blue eyes.

"O-Okay... Then I will study this book, and try and court her!" Rauru decided with a firm nod and a fist pump, which reminded (Y/n) a lot of Sidon.

"Don't forget, Rauru... Your secret stone is always there when you feel ready to get it, and you are always free to grab any device you want to tinker with." Mineru reminded him, as the male Zonai nodded again with a smile.

"I know, and thanks, Mineru. Though I do not feel ready yet to accept my secret stone, I do know that when I do, I want it to be special, to mean something..." Rauru hummed thoughtfully as he then went to open the book to start reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 4.1K 37
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
983K 60.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
185K 8.5K 30
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
108K 856 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...