CHOSEN

MelancholicMelodia द्वारा

"I'm human! I can't participate in the mating game." अधिक

Intro
PROLOGUE
Meh
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.5

Chapter 7

786 23 2
MelancholicMelodia द्वारा

Ever have the feeling of contentment, relaxed, like you're on the cloudnine kind of feeling? Like the feeling of refreshed, light, and just right? Because that's what I am feeling right now. My eyes still shut, my body's draped on the most comfortable matres I have ever been, one of my leg is propped up on a pillow and I was hugging the most soft and squishy pillow with my face burried in it. I was already awake but my body refused to get out of bed.

It's ironic.

I was supposed to be aching, especially on my legs since I ran, tripped, and walked a lot in the mating ceremony. The scratches supposed to be in pain too. But, here I am, being so so comfortable and not in pain at all. I was to be scared at this point while questioning everything; how am I not in pain?, Where am I?, What happened after I passed out?, like hell I care, I refuse to trade this comfort for something that's way out of my control anyways.

I could lay here forever.

But the persistent knock on the door said otherwise.

"Hmhmmm" I mumble on the pillow, too lazy to move.

An opening and closing of the door was heard before a sounds of footstep comes towards me then a chuckle. It was a man, but I know it was just Denv so I don't really mind.

"Wake up princess. Breakfast in bed"

At the sound of breakfast, my stomach growled so loud I didn't even know it was capable of making that sound. I flipped over so fast, staring wide-eyed, flushing and blushing at Denv who then chuckled again then smiled warmly.

"What happened after?" I asked feeling comfortable as I settled on the bed, with Denv sat on the chair aside. The aroma reached my nose making me swoon on pancakes and maple syrup and hot chocolate. I'm not really a fan of pancakes but this goodness is an exception and I moaned, not really minding Denv.

There's a lot of question swarming on my head I don't even know where to start or what to start asking, like how are we in the North already and etch.

"Well, " he started with a clearing of his throat. "Henry helped you fall asleep since the portal might make you uncomfortable."

"A portal?" I gasped. So that must be the reason why we are on the North when it was supposed to be a one week travel. I expected to be on the road and on the sea while traveling to the North, passing on a portal was way beyond my expectations. It was so shocking since from what I know witches and werewolve doesn't involve each other that much.

It was disappointing that I was asleep on the whole ride though.

"But I though witches and werewolves don't like each other?" I can't help but ask. Witches stick to their coven, though most of them are quite adventurous, but majority doesn't really like the other race.

"We have a good relationship to them. It was like going to another pack, you don't really know what to expect hence we're uncomfortable in each other." He said as a matter of factly. "Witches is quite unpredictible since they all vary, with a variety of magic, a broad kind of majics. Unlike us, who's strong, hightened senses, fast, best tracker, a hunter, but sometimes predictable since we just shift." He shrugged.

"And you might not know if a witch cast a spell on you sometimes" I interjected, repeating what the teacher said in school like a qoute in which made Denv nod.

"They're our ally. They help in things that we cannot do alone."

And I felt there's something more to it. More to the happenings, and more to everything that he said because, he sound so lost for a moment.

"Henry is one of the doctor." Changing the topic. "He persistently administered you painkillers, anesthesias on your scratches." He grimaced as he looked at my state, his eyes roaming around my arms that's showing on the large tshirt that I wore. It must be a bad memory for him to have that awful expression on his face. "I had to stop him from drugging you though."

I stopped from taking a bite when I heard him say about Henry and Drugs. "Why is he drugging me?" I raise a brow at the question.

"He believed you're on too much pain. You're scratches aren't healing and you bruised your knee." He said while grumbling some other words I can't really hear. " He seems to forgot what Humans are."

That's why I feel so light and comfortable like I've never been. I feel so relaxed, refreshed and so light. I was already clean, a comfortable oversized shirt, a comfortable oversized shorts, socks that way past up my thigh, clean underwear. I feel so clean, the place is clean, the heater felt good on my skin, the matres and pillow felt like clouds. I thought I just had a good night sleep after all those stress but turns out I was high.

I was freaking high on painkillers.

My face must be wearing what I was feeling since Denv looked alarmed. He's much different from what he is when he was on the forest. It was like on the forest he was a guard on duty and now he was just a friend.

"I'm sorry. We're not used to see wounds that taking too heal."

And I dread it. What happens if the painkillers wores off? This time, it was me who grimaced as I stared at the purple hue of my knees. I gulped, and it seems like Denv knew what I want to say,

"That's a painkiller." He pointed out a small circular on a plate that I never noticed before. "You're supposed to take it after eating."

Nodding. I continued eating while waiting for Denv to speak. What I like about Denv is he gave off that feeling of safety, security and a mind that's so quick I don't really need to ask more questions since he'll just answer what comes to mind.

"I'm sorry on behalf of the Royalty."

I choked.

Yes, indeed, I was waiting for him to speak, to explain something, and to answer what has been bothering me since the ceremony, but this was not it. I was not waiting for him to apologized with the name of Royalty. But what was I really expecting, clearly, not this.

"What's with the Royalty and the apologizing?"

"There's a lot of happenings lately." He sighed as he looked down, looking stressed and dejected. "There's a report against a pack who's abusing omegas, other wolves, weaker pack mates and peculiar persons showing up everywhere from another planes."

And this is the second time I gasped. "From another planes?" I murmur.
I was originally from another planes. The humans are from another planes. It's just that my mother mated to an escaped-adventurous wolf that's why we were granted passage and we stayed here. I was supposed to go back to the Human world when they both died, but Alpha Bryans was adamant to the idea, I was too young, innocent, I won't survive. Until now, he was the reason why I was still here. Going back there scared me, I don't even remember what the human world looked like.

"The King conducted an all-out investigations by gathering all the omegas and others here to interrogate each. He believe that this may encourage them to talk more and be brave if they're away from their abuser."

So this must be the reason why the King said to do a proper mating ceremony. Everything is just a facade, by forcing everyone to attend, they can gather everyone faster, leaving the perpetrator unprepared.

"Most of the people who came here from another planes got sad circumtances too." He continued.

We fell on a comfortable silence, staring comfortably to each other, my breakfast long forgotten. "But you're an exceptions. You're not needed to be interrogated so feel free to relax." He smiled. This time, it was sincere.

"Why?"

"We know you're well taken cared of and safe on your pack. So you're free to go after everything is settled. " He said, dragging the words 'go' and 'free', like he was unsure and with a tight smile. Of course, I was free to go if I remained single and not chosen in his pack. But with the face his making, I might get chosen.

I gulped. "Are they okay?"

"No. Most of them are too scared and broken." He sounds sad and dejected. They really did care. The North is a strong pack and a pack of warrior, but they are strong because of the weak. They got their strength from the weak, they needed to be strong to protect what they aim to protect.

Nervousness slowly creeped up on me. How can you feel so lucky but unlucky at the same time? Lucky because someone is protecting you. Unlucky because you might get locked up because you're weak and you might be harmed if you go outside.

"So, I might get chosen?" I asked as he stood up taking the bed table with him.

"I don't know."

But I know he knows since he refused to make eye contact with me as he utter those words.

"I suggest you stay here in your room unless you're called for the time being since your scratches aren't healed yet, you knees still bruied." Then he pointed out around the room. "Help yourself. There's spare clothes on the closet though they're too big for your size since it was donated by Lance. But we'll go shopping once you're healed."

After that he's out of the door. And I swear I heard him murmur.

So the owner of this giants clothes that I wore is Lance, whoever he is, I'm still grateful since it's comfortable. The sleeves goes past my elbows, the shirt goes just above my knees. Maybe he was taller that Denv.

I dismissed the idea and thought of exploring the room, the books on the shelves, what movies are on the TV but I was getting sleepy again, maybe because of the food, or maybe because of the medicine that the Doctor gave me.

The underlying hate that I had for that Doctor Henry resurfaced again as my body felt heavy and I fought my eyes to flutter shut. But dizziness came crashing and I can't fought it far too long as I succumb to the darkness with my mind replaying what Denv murmured.

"I'm not really sure."

What is it that made you unsure?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

29K 499 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
8K 305 29
I am predominantly a human, a wrong species in the wrong pack, raised in the wrong home. But Nightstalkers is home and the human world is just too co...
2K 5 56
"Touch my mate again and you're dead! Got it?!" "Y-yes sir!" Started: April 4,2023 Completed: June 14, 2023 *Language, Trigger Warnings, Mature Theme...
885K 19.8K 38
I was being given away to alpha's of another pack i look up to see who i was being given to. As soon as i look up at them ,they growl and grab me 'MA...