No Shit, Sherlock

By WhelmedGrayson

Twenty-three year old (Y/n) (L/n) is an intelligent and well respected woman and an incredible poet with a we... More

London
Enola?
Silly Drunken Man
The Police Chase
Emotionless
I Always Do
Don't Be Ridiculous
No Shit, Sherlock
The Musical Map
Corsets Save Lives
The Ending
Author's Note
Reviews!
➳𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒯𝓌𝑜
The Theater & the Rude Brother
The Missing Cabbages
Tea With Tewkesbury
Sherlock To The Rescue
The Imaginary Son
Snooping Sherlock
Not According To Plan
not an update !
The Rescue
A Miserable Day
Can We Stay Like This?
Dinner With Watson
Unrequited Love
Acknowledge Me
The Handsome Stranger
Lonely
I've Got You
Detective (L/n)
I'll Behave
Nervous
Ravenous
Busted
Mycroft's Acceptance
The Fitted Blouse
The Blond Man
Safer When I'm With You
Family Dinner
Jealousy, Jealousy
Diamonds and Pearls
Sherlock Punches A Sexist
Catch Me If You Can
Sibling Drama
I Am A Lady
Vampire
➳𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
Young Love
Purple Is Your Color
Moving On
A Walk In The Park
Family Outing
Murder At the Theater
But We're Lords
Weird Looks
Kindred Spirits
Weapons and...Weddings?
Throat Punch
(Timbury's Version)
Our First Trip
Kitchen Counter
I'm All Yours
Mrs. Holmes
Happily Ever After
My Final Note
Bonus (1/2)
Bonus (2/2)

I'll Kiss Your Tears Away

11K 418 746
By WhelmedGrayson

Spending time with Sherlock at his childhood home was truly one of the best things I've experienced. The intimate nights and stolen kisses were everything I could ever dream of. But, I've noticed that since we've been back, he's been hesitant around me. There's even been a few times where he's accidentally tripped or knocked stuff down. Which is very uncommon for the stoic man.

I sigh as I walk into the office, "Your brother is driving me insane."

My voice stops as I observe the scene in front of me. Enola sits in Tewkesbury's lap, her hands are up his shirt, and his hands rest on her hips. I drop my bag to cover my eyes, letting out a dramatic yell in horror.

"Oh my God, my eyes!"

I can hear feet shuffling across the floor, and my hands are pulled away from my eyes. Enola stands in front of me with a red face, "There's no need to be so dramatic about it."

"And now you know how it feels," Tewkesbury says, smirking at me.

Enola raises her brows in confusion, "What is he talking about?"

"Good morning, my dear friends," Timothée says.

He stops when he notices the awkwardness in the room. "Is this a bad time?"

"Enola and Tewkesbury were snogging."

Timothée shrugs, "Most couples do."

Tewkesbury rolls his eyes at Timothée. Shortly after Sherlock and I returned from our trip, which was about three weeks ago, Timothée and Tewkesbury decided to remain friends. I don't know the full story, but from what I can gather, a pretty blond boy had caught Timothée's eye. And the feelings  Tewkesbury and Timothée had for each other seemed to be strictly platonic.

"Now, why is Sherlock driving you insane?" Enola asks.

I sit at my desk and run my fingers through my hair, "He's been acting weird since we got back from our trip. I can't quite explain it, but it feels like he's avoiding me."

Timothée and Tewkesbury look at each other, sharing a look I can't figure out. My eyes narrow as I try to decipher it. Enola pushes her way in between them, causing them to look away quickly.

"You know he can be a bit odd, and he's definitely not avoiding you," Enola says.

"Yeah, Sherlock would never avoid you. I'm sure he wants to spend the rest of his life with you," says Tewkesbury.

Timothée elbows him harshly, his green eyes glaring at the poor boy. Enola sighs, "You should talk to Sherlock about this."

"You're right. I'll talk to him tonight," I say.

Enola pulls me to my feet, "Nope, you'll talk to him now. And you can come tell me all about it tomorrow."

Her and Tewkesbury both push me out the door, making sure to shut and lock it behind me. I huff and make my way downstairs, passing Edith, who gives me a big smile.

According to Sherlock, he and John have been working on a case for a bank just down the road from here. So that's where I go. I try to keep my nerves at bay as I walk inside the building.

A woman greets me, but my focus is on the man with broad shoulders who just now noticed my presence.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?"

I straighten my back, trying to appear more confident than I actually am. "I wish to speak with you."

"And this can't wait until tonight?"

John nudges him, "In my own personal experience, it's best to not ask any questions, and do as the woman says."

I nod at John's words, giving him an appreciative smile. He smiles back as Sherlock grabs my hand to lead me out of the building.

When we're outside, Sherlock turns to me, "What is it that you wish to talk about?"

"You," I answer simply.

He tilts his head, and I let out a sigh. "You've been distant lately, and it's starting to worry me."

"I'm sorry, it's never my intention to worry or hurt you," he says.

"Then tell me what's going on."

He shakes his head, "I can't tell you right now."

"But I can tonight," he adds, smiling softly.

I agree, even if it's killing me, not knowing what's going on. I've never been patient, Sherlock knows that, and it almost feels like he's doing this on purpose.

"I have to finish up here, but you should go back to your office."

"Enola kicked me out," I say, frowning.

He kisses the top of my head, "Then go home, I'll be there shortly."

We share a quick kiss before I leave. Thoughts race through my mind as I walk home. Sherlock would never cheat on me, I know that. But I can't help but feel nervous.

I unlock the apartment door and walk inside. After I put my shoes in their spot against the wall, I go to our bedroom and lay down.

~~°°••°°~~

"(Y/n)? It's time to wake up, love."

I smile at Sherlock's voice and slowly open my eyes. He sits on the bed next to me with a kind smile. "You should get ready. We're going for a walk."

I sit up and stretch my arms, yawning loudly. "What time is it?"

"Seven."

My eyes widen, "Oh my God, I slept too long."

He laughs as I frantically move around the room, looking for my hairbrush and a decent outfit. Sherlock goes through my dresser and hands me an outfit. It's a blue blouse and dark trousers. I begin changing my clothes, and he sits back down on the bed. When I'm done brushing my hair, we leave As we walked out, I noticed that John had winked at me.

"So, where are we going?" I ask.

Sherlock smiles, "You'll see."

We keep walking until he stops in front of a store. I look up at the sign with a smile. It's the bookstore I had my book signing at. The very first time I had seen Sherlock.

I notice that Sherlock had dropped my hand, and when I look back at him, I see that he's messing with his pocket watch.

"Again?" I ask.

He finally gets the watch open and pulls something from inside it. The light from the lanterns and the bright moon above cast just enough light for me to see that he's holding a ring.

"I've been distant because I've been planning this. Getting permission from your mom was hard since it had to be done over letters. But getting permission from Enola was even harder. I think if Tewkesbury hadn't been there, she would've killed me."

He takes a deep breath, "I'm not good with words, so I apologize for how non-romantic this is. But I want you to know that every second I've ever spent with you has been the best of my life. The thought of not being by your side is enough to send me into an uncontrollable panic."

He gets down on one knee, holding out the ring to me. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

By now, there are tears streaming down my face. My heart is racing so fast that I'm beginning to feel lightheaded.

"Will you marry me?"

I look down at him. His blue eyes are full of love. A love I know I don't deserve, but relish in it greedily. My words refuse to leave my mouth, so I nod my head frantically.

"Yes, I will," I finally manage to say.

He's crying as well, and he slides the ring on my finger with ease. I look down at my clothes and laugh, "I wish you would've told me this was what you were doing. I could've done my makeup and put on a dress."

"I prefer you like this," he says.

~~°°••°°~~

When we got back to the apartment, John was gone. He had left a note saying he would be spending the night with a friend. Sherlock and I sit on the couch, drinking our fresh cups of tea.

"How long have you been planning this?"

Sherlock meets my questioning gaze, "A couple of months. I didn't ask for permission until after we got back from our trip."

"And my mother agreed?"

"Yes, but only because my mother helped convince her."

I smile, "And I'm assuming Enola, Tewkesbury, Timothée, and John have known?"

"Timothée screamed when I told them. I think he was the most excited," Sherlock says, smiling.

I spin the ring around on my finger, my smile slowly fading away. Sherlock scoots closer to me, "What's wrong?"

The tears fall from my eyes. "I'm just worried that I'm not good enough for you. That I'm too broken and utterly ridiculous for you. And I fear that one day you'll realize that and leave."

I wipe my face and continue, "Are you sure you want to be with me? How could you even love me? I'm insecure and cry way more than a woman my age should."

He brushes my hair back and gives me a loving look, "I'II stay with you, and I'lI kiss the tears off of your face until you realize how much I love you."

"I thought I was the poet," I say with a smile.

He kisses all over my face, causing me to laugh. When he pulls away, I meet his gaze, and he rubs his thumb over my cheekbone.

"I know I've said this before, but I love you, Sherlock Holmes. I love you so much that it scares me."

"And I love you too, more than you'll ever know."

He pulls me into his chest, and I hold my hand out in front of us, "The ring is beautiful."

"Tewkesbury helped me pick it out."

I smile, "Really?"

"Yes, I had asked Enola, but she was too angry to agree. So Tewkesbury stepped in."

"Sounds like Enola is against us getting married."

He sighs, "She's afraid I'll steal you from her."

"And what does Mycroft think?"

He laughs, "He laughed at first, but once he realized I was being serious, he told me to be careful. He's afraid you might kill me if I break your heart."

"That is a very valid fear," I say, laughing.

The ring shines beautifully, the little diamonds resembling stars. Sherlock holds my hand and rubs the ring gently. It's silent between the two of us, but words don't need to be spoken in a moment like this. The loving gazes and soft touches are all we need.

Author's Note: There are only two chapters left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 89 15
Adelaide Evans was the childhood best friend of Sherlock Holmes. They were practically inseparable until he left for London to become a detective and...
56K 860 18
Enola (18) and her younger sister (16) have lived with her mother their whole life. but up until recently, their mother was acting really strange. ne...
85.2K 1.6K 29
"𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨. 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐧 �...
55.8K 1.1K 29
Ester Lyon, a girl who's brother has always been favorited by her parents. Tewksbury, a young Lord who felt he didn't have his own choices in life. E...