The Sister Of The Famous Lucy...

By EmberFire131

This story takes place in the rookie universe, in which Alexis Diaz, has just joined the LAPD as a rookie. Le... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning Of It All
Chapter 2: The Very First Shift
Chapter 3: When it all goes wrong
Chapter 4: How could you? [TW]
Chapter 5: Picking up the pieces [TW]
Chapter 6: We got this, Right?
Chapter 7: Can it be fixed?
A/N
Chapter 8: I'll protect you
Chapter 9: You Can Do This
Chapter 10: MASSIVE TW
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: TW
Chapter 14: TW
Chapter 15: TW
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: TW TW TW

Chapter 11

858 20 7
By EmberFire131

LEXI POV:

I take a deep breath and walk into the station, head held high. Lucy and Nyla walk in behind me, both trying and failing to hide the expression of pride on both of their faces. A small smile sits on my lips. Some people are looking at me, but I ignore it. Today is going to be a good day, I've got this. I head for the locker rooms, Lucy and Nyla still walking right behind me.

.....................

I'm sat waiting for roll call to begin when Olivia comes and sits beside me.

"Hey Olivia, how's it going?"
I ask her, smiling.

She scoffs and ignores me, facing the front. What did I do? I think to myself as the smile fades from my face. I guess I'll just wait for Sargent Grey to come in. Right on cue, in walks Grey, a cold look on his face, this can't be good.

"Morning everyone. I'm afraid I have some disappointing news. As some of you may have noticed, one of our rookies is missing. Officer Smith was fired last night after he was caught using narcotics on shift. He has also been taken into custody at a different station. He will not be returning to police work."

Sargent Grey tells us this, and I hear a few gasps and whispers. Maybe that's why Olivia was annoyed? It's a shame, James seemed like a good guy, maybe not, I guess. Grey finishes Roll Call, and I get up to go find Nyla, but as I do, in typical mean girl fashion, Olivia sticks her foot out in front of me, so I trip. I hit the floor like a sack of potatoes, smacking my head off of the desk behind me on the way down, and I black out for a couple of seconds. I re-enter the land of the living to Tim, Angela, Nyla, and Grey all stood around me, trying to figure out what to do. I go to pull myself up but feel a hand on my shoulder stopping me, to my suprise it's Tim.

"I'm fine.." I mumble as I go to try and pull myself up again.

"Diaz, I swear to God if you try to get off this floor before you've been checked out, so help me. I will tase you." Tim tells me with a stern yet soft look on his face.

Deciding not to take my chances, I oblige and lay back down on the floor , mostly because sitting up made me feel like the world was spinning backwards instead of forwards. Behind me, I can hear Olivia giggling to herself, and I roll my eyes as much as possible. Nyla spots me do this and looks around with a confused face before she clocks Olivia. She stands up straight and moves herself over to Sgt Grey. Oh dear God, here we go.

I watch as Nyla whispers in Sgt Grey's ear and see his face drop into a stone cold stare. Trying my best not to smirk, I close my eyes to try and keep from puking from nausea. Angela shakes my shoulder and tells me,

"Sorry, sweetie, gonna have to keep your eyes open for me. Shutting them could be dangerous seen as we don't know how bad you hit your head. Bailey will be here in a minute."

She smiles at me as I decide to pull myself into a sitting position. I grab hold of the desk leg and hoist myself up. I am just about to fall backwards when a soft pair of hands catches me. I look up to see my sister and smile weakly. She smiles back and helps me sit up against the desk. As my vision gets less blurry, I notice that Sargent Grey and Olivia are no longer in the room. However, I don't have time to think about it as Bailey arrives.

Bailey checks me out and tells me that I've probably got a concussion, but she wants to take me to the hospital to be safe, as I originally lost consciousness. I agree, and she brings a gurney in, Lucy and Nyla help pull me to my feet and onto the bed, although as soon as my body hits the bed, I lean back over the side and vomit on the floor.

"Sorry..." I mutter to Grey as he walks back in.

"Don't worry about the floor, worry about yourself. We only just got you back Diaz, don't go breaking yourself just yet, that's our job. " He says to me through a cheesy grin.

I muster a smile as I lay back on the gurney, and Bailey takes me into the ambulance, Lucy beside me. We head off for the hospital.

Just my luck huh, first shift back. How am I ever going to succeed?...

.............................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.2K 21
"Let me be your light at the end of the tunnel" - Ana Cabrera Ana Cabrera is a Cuban immigrant. She lives in a three bedroom apartment with her grand...
11K 302 9
"Are you sure you don't want to go?" Tim asked. "Yes, I want to stay!" "I want to be where you are, you are my safe place!" Kira said. Tim Bradford x...
5.9K 252 13
Based on 2x11 Dancer Maya Bradford, the 14-year-old daughter of a decorated LAPD officer is abducted by the prodigy of incarcerated serial killer Ros...
4.4K 62 7
Lucy is just starting her job as a police officer and gets paired with officer Bradford. He knows something is off after a while but will she be able...