𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘...

By The_need_for_speed

"ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ" Colette "Tinker" Ruth is a bright, young, and caring woman. After her mother died w... More

𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎
𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐒
𝟢𝟢𝟣| ᶠᵃᵐⁱˡᵃʳ ᶠᵃᶜᵉˢ
002 | ᵖᵃˢᵗ ᵍʰᵒˢᵗˢ
003 | ˡᵒⁿᵍ ᵈᵃʸˢ
004 | ᵐⁱˡᵏˢʰᵃᵏᵉ
005 | ᵗʰʳᵒʷⁱⁿᵍ ᶠⁱˢᵗˢ
006 | ʳᵉᵍʳᵉᵗˢ
007 | ⁿᵉʷˢ
008 | ᵀⁱᵐᵉ
009 | ᵇⁱᵗᵗᵉʳ
010 | ʳᵉᵗᵘʳⁿ
011 | ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ

𝟶𝟷𝟸 | ᴱᴾᴵᴸᴼᴳᵁᴱ

1.8K 35 6
By The_need_for_speed

CHAPTER TWELVE

Epilogue

[₀₁₂]

song: Love of My Life - 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙎𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙨

⟵⌖⟶

"Baby, you are the love of my life."

Three years later...

The birthing room was filled with perfect chaos. Similar to the quiet before a storm, except for the ones that resulted in rainbows and the comfortable feeling of rain on your back. Colette and Bradley Bradshaw are taken aback by the arrival of a gorgeous newborn baby boy.

He resembled Bradley when he was born, with honey-coloured eyes and a little mop of blonde hair. Colette was exhausted, but she was determined to see Maverick, Penny, and her father before falling asleep and allowing Bradley to tend to his newborn boy. Henry moved towards his daughter, battling the overwhelming sleepy feeling that was attempting to possess her.

Colette smiled at the man as he kissed her on the cheek. "Your mother would be very proud of you, sweetheart. We're both." Colette looked up at her father, tears welling up in her eyes threatening to flow down her cheeks.

Colette sighs and closes her eyes as she lays her head against her hospital bed, attempting to alleviate the exhaustion she was experiencing after giving birth. Bradley stood next to Penny and Maverick, holding his son in his arms, and staring at his sleeping wife. He quietly smiled, unable to fathom his life any other way.

« ✵ » 

2 years later......

Colette hurried around the Bradshaw house, looking for the cooler bag she had purchased a year ago from a Costco somewhere after being lured into the wonders and maze that Costco had to offer. Bradley entered the kitchen, Nick looking around with a puzzled expression holding his father's large, tanned hand.

Bradley locked gaze with his son, who was looking up at him with his large, honey-coloured eyes. "I don't know, either bud."

Colette noticed both of them while looking around the kitchen. "Ah! I can't find the cooler, so there you are. If I don't find it soon, we'll be late." Colette exclaimed as she approached the two. Nick smiled when he saw his mum. "Mumma."

The sound of her son's voice took away all of Colette's worries. "Hey there, baby." Colette muttered, kneeling, as Nick lurched towards her with a smile. Bradley smiled as he observed the mother and son combination; they were his universe, nothing else mattered.

"Honey, I think you're going blind." Bradley commented with a chuckle as he looked at the dark blue cooler laying on the kitchen counter, looking a little melancholy. "Why?-" Colette questioned as she followed his gaze, spotting the cooler bag in front of her.

"I swear I put it somewhere else." We'd better get moving or else we'll be late." Colette replies as she grabs the cooler bag from the counter, draping the strap over her shoulder, and scooping up Nick, placing him on her hip. As Bradley followed behind her with his keys, the woman began making her way out to the Bronco parked in the driveway.

He slid into the driver's seat after closing the door to the Bradshaw house and watching as his wife buckled Nick into the car seat and kissed his freckled nose. Colette smiled at the boy before closing the door and settling into her own seat. She looked towards Bradley giving the man a smile. How did she get so lucky.

The soft sound of music flooded the grassy backyard area surrounded by aviators and their spouses, a couple of children playing around, shouting in joy as the Bradshaw three arrived. Nat came to a halt when she noticed Colette. "Colette! You arrived quickly!" Nat exclaimed as she approached the woman tightly embracing her with a smile..

Colette chuckled, wrapping her arms around the woman. "Aww Nat, I didn't want to miss anything important at the engagement party, what kind of best friend would I be?" Colette explained, a toothy grin on her face. As the 2-year-old ran towards his mother's knees, holding to them fiercely, as Bradley let the young boy free.

Nat smiled as she noticed the tiny youngster wrapping himself around his mother. "Hi there, Nick." Colette smiled at Nick as he responded with a laugh. She had the destiny to be a mother. "Where is the groom-to-be?" Bradley questioned as he approached the conversing trio.

Natasha approached the man and moved to embrace him before looking for her fiancé. "He should be around here somewhere, he was preparing the BBQ and talking to Javy." Natsha revealed, receiving a nod from Bradley. Jake Seresin's orange Texas shirt drew the man's attention.

"There you are!" Natsha exclaimed as Jake smiled at her. He approached his fiancée, throwing his arms around her waist and kissing her on the cheek. "If it isn't the Bradshaw clan." Jake smiled as he noticed the tiny boy standing near his mother, the Bradley replica.

"Nick! Hello, buddy!" As Nick went towards the man, throwing his arms at him, Jake exclaimed, bending down. The interaction made Colette and Bradley grin. Colette noticed Maverick and approached him, tapping Bradley on the back and pointing in his direction. Bradley remained nearby, allowing Nick to get hugs from his godparents.

Maverick stood next to the white picket fence that extended against the end of the backyard and the beginning of the beach next to the house. As Bradley and Colette approached the man, he simply began to drift out of his daydream, gently returning to consciousness. Maverick smiled at them before opening his mouth.

"If it isn't the Bradshaw duo." Maverick exclaimed, moving closer to Colette and smilingly embracing her. "Nice to see you, Mav." Colette responded as they parted ways, Maverick affectionately nudging Bradley. "When you two showed up, I thought I saw Carole and Goose." With a solemn expression, the older man admitted.

Bradley smiled slightly as he cast a glimpse at his wife; she reminded him of her mother in some respects; her energy was significant, and she was a force to be reckoned with. "How have you been?" Bradley inquired as Maverick smiled brightly, bright enough to outshine the stars.

"I've done really well." Penny and I are going on a trip in about a week. "I'm excited about that." Colette smiled as Pete explained. "I see you and Penny are getting along." Colette stated causing the man to smirk.

"I think I might want to marry her." Both of the Bradshaw's' faces crinkled in surprise as Pete stated. "I didn't think you were the type to settle down." Bradley smirked as he replied. Pete cast a glance towards Penny, who was standing nearby with Hondo. "I know, but maybe it's my time."

Colette noticed his look and smiled as she nudged Bradley besides her. "Do it, Mav, you've got more guts than your godson over here." The moustached man scoffs at Colette's statement. Pete burst out laughing. "He did tell me he wanted to marry you; it just took a while for him to pop the question." Pete responded attempting to make the woman laugh.

The woman smiled brightly, chuckling ever so slightly at the response. "Hey! I wanted to find the perfect moment and ring. I wanted it to be perfect." Bradley exclaimed in an attempt to defend himself. "Don't worry, it was perfect." His Wife answered placing a chaste kiss to his cheek.

Before the conversation could continue, Nick raced towards Mav with a giggle. Maverick was quick to take notice of the small boy, hoisting him up on his hip, messing up his hair as he giggled. "Mavy, look what Jake made for me!" Nick exclaimed earning an eyebrow raise from the man as he studied his odd-looking paper plane.

Mavy was the name that Nick had assigned his paternal grandfather. Bradley and Colette had decided that if he wished too, he could have three grandfathers. Colette's father, Bradley's father, and his godfather. "I can make a better paper plane then Jake can." Maverick stated studying the crumpled paper that was an attempt at a paper plane.

"You can?" Nick asked with wide eyes. "I absolutely can, lets go get some paper." Maverick responded before making his way towards the house with the Bradshaw boy on his hip. Colette leaned back into her husband's embrace letting out a sigh. "I think Mav is going to spoil him again Brad."

Bradley wrapped his arms around his wife placing a soft his to her forehead before looking towards the ocean. "Yeah, well. I am not surprised." The sun began to fade behind the rolling waves that creeped up on the sand that made up the shore. The salty, warm breeze was welcoming as the couple turned to make their way back towards the gathering group of people surrounding the BBQ.

After everyone had finished their supper and offered a couple toasts to the soon to be newlywed couple, people began to pair up and sway on the dance floor like leaves in a breeze. Bradley took his wife by the waist and swayed her to the jazz music that was playing.

Nick sat on the edge of the wooden dance floor, watching as the grownups swirled, his gaze falling on his parents and the look of love in their eyes. Their eyes could tell a million stories about the love they had and the life they have created.

The night continued on with the fairy lights hanging from the ceiling and the soft laughing of people. The world was at peace one more as the sun said its final goodbyes for the evening before falling behind the walls of the horizon, on its way to greet the other half of the world.

« ✵ » 

2 years later....

Bradley was sleeping until he heard a baby sobbing. His wife was on a much-needed vacation with Natasha, leaving Bradley and Nick at home with their newest addition, Amira Carole Bradshaw. Bradley rubbed the final traces of sleep from his body before making his way inside Nick's former nursery.

As the sun began to rise, Amira let out another yell. Amira was "a spitting image of his daughter," according to Henry. She inherited her parents' mop of blonde hair, as well as her mother's profound blue eyes, which could reveal a thousand secrets.

Her father cradled her in his arms, rocking her softly as she succumbed to the sleepy sensation that flowed over her. Nick entered the room, yawning and wiping his eyes. "Daddy?" Nick inquired as his father turned his head to look at the young boy. "Amira just got a little woken up buddy, she's okay." Bradley explained, eliciting another yawn from the youngster.

Bradley was relieved that the infant girl was easily settled. She was a gentle and sweet baby. Her parents described her as an angel. Nick had been a little more difficult at this point. He was always waking his parents up for everything.

Bradley noticed his daughter asleep in his arms, deciding it would be a good opportunity to place her back into bed. Nick watched his father carefully before making his way over to the crib to stare at his sleeping sister. Bradley placed a supporting hand to the boy's back before tapping him lightly.

"She needs some sleep buddy, how does breakfast sound?" Bradley questioned as Nick nodded with a smile. The Bradshaw boy had developed some light curls and a love for banana waffles and Strawberry milkshakes – he got that from his mother.

Bradley walked into the kitchen of the Bradshaw home, getting ingredients for waffles out, specifically banana waffles. Nick sat on the stools in the kitchen studying his father closely whilst casting a glance towards the model F-14 in his hands. The plane model was another gift that Maverick had spoiled the boy with. Henry had began complaining about how hard it was to compete with Mav sometimes.

Bradley began mixing the batter together as Nick stuck his finger on the edge of the bowl getting a taste of the delicious batter. It was now a habit the young boy had, every time his mother made waffles for breakfast, she would always give him a chance to stick his finger in and taste test. Nick Bradshaw had become the professional chef of the family.

"How's it taste bud?" Bradley questioned as he poured the batter into the waffle maker. "Its good. But not as good as mummy's." Nick responded causing his father to smirk. "Its tough competition Nick. Your Mumma is an amazing chef." Bradley explained earning a cheeky smile from his son. The sun cast a golden hue on everything in its path, waking everyone up that had still been sleeping.

His phone started buzzing in his pocket, drawing the attention of the young child across the table. Bradley paused what he was doing before picking up his phone, noting that it was Jake Seresin who was calling. "Seresin, what can I do for you?" Bradley inquired, giving his son a puzzled look.

"Can we swap kids for the day, Bradshaw?" I'll take Nick, and you'll take Emily." Jake enquired, eliciting a cynical chuckle from the man with the moustache. "Can't deal with your daughter, huh?" Jake let out a groan in reaction to the man's statement, regretting his call.

"But that's not why I'm calling Bradshaw. Colette and Nat are on their way home, so I'll meet them at the airport." Bradley hummed as Jake explained. "All right, perfect. Thank you very much." Bradley replied.

"Ok, great, see you soon," Jake said before hanging up the phone. Bradley inhaled deeply, recalling his wife's pleasant perfume. He couldn't wait to hold her again and tell her how much he loved her. She'd only been gone for a week, but it felt like a year in the Bradshaw household. Bradley could see his children missed their mother as much as he did.

The feeling Colette brought into the home was something that could never be replaced or simply swept under a rug. She was a ray of sunshine and a shot of expresso into the lives of those around her. Bradley continued to whip up breakfast as he thought about the woman he married, breakfast seemed to fly right past him when he was thinking of her, it was like nothing else on earth mattered.

Nick continued to play with his model plane, watching in awe as he made it spin and flip, imaging what it was like in the big blue sky, wind beneath the wings of a jet, nothing but freedom. Both Bradley and Colette had a feeling that their son would move towards the navy and what it had to offer, just like his parents. Colette could only hope he would be safe and take all precautions necessary.

The sound of the door opening shook the Bradshaw duo from their thoughts and imaginations. Colette entered her home, softly closing the door behind her as she placed the large bag on her shoulder, on the ground. Bradley placed the last waffle on a plate before hearing his son's voice beam throughout the home.

"Mummy!" Nick exclaimed before running towards his mother who crouched with outstretched arms. She enveloped him in her warmth and love, placing a kiss to his cheek with a smile. Bradley walked out towards the front door taking notice of his lover and son embracing each other tightly.

"Honey. You surprised me." Bradley stated softly as Colette made eye contact with the man. She let go of her son, moving towards the man as he wrapped his arms around her, giving her a passionate kiss. Colette giggled. "Yeah, thought I might surprise you. Someone missed me."

Bradley placed a soft kiss to her forehead, inhaling the sweet scent of her perfume, he was home. "You have no idea Love." With Amira softly sleeping in her crib, the three of them made their way to the counter for breakfast. Bradley wrapped an arm around his wife's waist as Nick held his mother's hand. Colette Bradshaw was back home to her family, and her lover.

She couldn't picture what her life would have ended up like if she had chosen not to make amends with him, chosen to not have a life with him. She didn't want to imagine it; all she knew is that she was at home with them. Home to her wasn't a building with windows, doors, and stick figure drawings. Home was her kids and Husband. Something that was irreplaceable.

⟵⌖⟶ 

Well...that's a wrap folks. First and foremost, I would like to say a big thank you for everyone having faith in me. I know I said like weeks ago I would have this uploaded, but I hated anything I wrote for a good couple of weeks and could not think of an idea that I was happy with.

I hope this is an ending that you guys like as much as I do. Thank you for everyone who has voted and commented words of encouragement and literally just anything. You guys are the reason this is where it is now. I will forever miss Colette and Bradley together, because I do not plan to write a prequel or sequel as of right now. If this fic really takes off I may consider writing one.

This will not be the last you see of me! I already have another couple ideas for fics in the works that I am planning atm. If you would like to keep track with this process and be alerted to when I release beginning chapters, stay tuned to my page by following. This is me signing off, I hope you have enjoyed 'Kiss me Before you go.' And I will see you next time.

- C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 8.1K 33
"You look..." "Beautiful, I know. Now, come on." FLYTRAP| In which two fighter pilots become best friends, or, in which a boy looks past his a...
75.9K 1.3K 15
" 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥'𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦 " 𝗢𝗖 𝗫 𝗝𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗡 In which a single mother navigates t...
96.6K 1.9K 34
Lieutenant (y/n) 'Wolf' Mitchell. That was you. The only child of the legendary Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell and Charlotte 'Charlie' Blackwood. ...
9.5K 115 29
Hennessey "Maneater" Benjamin, daughter of Penny Benjamin and Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, gets called back to Top Gun, for an unknown mission. As one o...