Various Genshin Impact x Read...

By Ariya_Wisteria

{It'll be a love story with the 3 on the cover} Y/n L/n's life was struck with tragedy when she decided to ta... More

Much Needed Info
0) Prologue
1) A New Mission
3) A Hectic First Meeting
4) Extreme Training
5) The Dream
6) The Gift
7) Training Gone Wrong
8) Weak Mortal
9) The Harbor
10) Qingce Village
11) Anemo Training
12) Ghost
13) Dusky Ming's Friend
14) Atlantis? No Alatus
15) It's Me Not You
16) Losing Control
17) Two Can Play That Game
18) A Letter
19) A Pact
20) Goodbye & An Encounter
A/n
โŸI'm BackโŸ
21) So, This is Rex Lapis
22) A Knight from the Land of Freedom
23) A Blessing from the Geo Archon
24) Lost...AGAIN!
25) Funeral Parlor
26) The Millelith
27) Rest
28) A Warning
29) Otherworldly
A/n
30)The Mother Lily
31) Control Over Me

2) Wangshu Inn

718 19 16
By Ariya_Wisteria

"So, this is Wangshu Inn?"

Y/n stared up at the building that seemed to be coming out of the tallest tree you'd ever seen. Golden leaves peeked from behind the roof of the inn. Or is it the other way around? Y/n thought.

You near the base and stare at the stairs winding around the trunk. Your expression dropped, great more walking. You decided to go over your journey so far and the mission.

After Dilluc's sudden departure, you were quick to follow. Thankfully you got out before the other two realized.

From there, it was a lot of walking, defeating hilichurls and minor abyss mages. It was great practice since you still couldn't control the anemo element.

Since coming to this world, you learned about visions. They granted you the power to wield elements. And you were given two, geo and anemo. You came to know that they were basically rock and wind.

Were you glad to be given such a rare gift from Celestia? No. Absolutely not. They were a nuisance, especially anemo.

You had learned geo quickly, but anemo would not bend to your will. Just like it's god, it was a bit too 'free.'

Another fun fact, you were old.

You arrived in Teyvet after dying at the age of 32 and you were now 28. Yup, you were 60 years old, but there are older beings here, so you weren't complaining.

End of fun fact.

On your way here, you encountered hilichurl camps. You thought it'd be perfect and try to tame this wind element.

Y/n had never been so wrong in her life. She clenched her fist as the hilichurls around her turned to ash. I'm going to beat this anemo god's ass for giving me this!

You sweat-drop at the memory, "Probably not a good idea to curse a god," you mumbled. Your eyes traveled up the tree, scowling. "Is this my punishment?"

A sudden creaking caught your attention, and you dropped into a fight stance. Hand poised over the dagger sheathed at your side. Is something attack

...

You stared dumbfounded as a man slowly appeared on the other side of the railing. Your eyes shook as he stared, confused. Holy Jesus, am I dying?! That guy's floating!

...

Your brow twitched in annoyance as a platform came into view. Various bags stuffed with goods, were placed around the guy.

Your hands dropped by your side as you stared in shock and were slightly pissed. There was an elevator!?

You flinches, realizing it was going to pass you. Y/n sprints to the next turn, taking her higher. You jump and land on the roof. Holding the edge, you swung next to the male.

He jumped, slightly startled, as you rose from the crouch with a smile.

"Why don't I help you with these bags, good sir."

Y/n placed the last of the bags in the kitchen. "Thank you for the help, miss." you turned to the male with a smile.

"I should be the one thanking you." He gave you a confused look. "If it weren't for you, I'd still be stuck on those stairs," you clarified.

He chuckles, "To be honest, I was a bit surprised someone was using them." He held out his hand. "Names Yanxiao." You took his hand firmly. "Y/n L/n pleased to meet you."

He pulled away and thought for a second as he looked you over. "You're not from around here, are you?"

You scratched the back of your neck, smiling awkwardly. "That easy to tell, huh?" He crossed his beefy arms and nodded knowingly. "So you must be a traveler as well." You perked up. "Is there another traveler here?"

He nodded. "Met him not too long ago, real good champ." He tapped his finger against his chin in thought. "I think his name's Aether." Your eyes widened in recognition.

A/n: To clarify, this takes place before the game, when they first came to Teyvet (before the Traveler & Paimon). Aether is the Abyss Prince, and let's say the Hilichurls now aren't the people of Khaenri'ah (they will be after though). He's traveling around recruiting people for his new nation/land/basically Khaenri'ah. Oh also, Dainsleif is with Aether and he's looking for his slumbering sister (an AU!).

Aether was a traveler said to travel worlds. He was looking for his sister. Whenever you had free time, you would listen to his stories of worlds he visited and his sister. She was asleep somewhere, and he intended to find and wake her. It's been a while since you've seen him after he left Mondstadt. His powers were out of this world! He possesses no vision yet still had special abilities.

He was the one who found out that you weren't from this world either but decided to keep it a secret. Your eyes softened as you stared absent-mindedly out the window. A memory of their departure comes to mind.

"You're not from here either, are you?" Your eyes were wide as you stared at the man before you. His long braid swayed in the breeze of the setting sun.

He glanced over his shoulder with a smirk, half of his face in shadow and the other in light.

...

You weren't sure what to make of it.

He patted the grass next to him. "Come join me." You hesitantly sat on the cliff next to him. Aether brought one leg up and placed his arm on it and leaned back.

Surprisingly Dainsleif wasn't with him, not that you knew how to communicate with that guy. He was always quiet and gave short replies and only ever talked to Aether properly. He didn't bother trying to strike up a conversation with anyone else. You had made that embarrassing mistake when you were left alone with him, because Aether told him to stay with you as he searched for information at Diluc's bar.

"How do you do? I'm an Honorary Knight..." You trailed off, seeing that he was still watching the door. "So, your name is Dainsleif?" Y/n asked, staring at the taller male with a strained smile. Getting annoyed when he made no move to speak. You looked ahead with a pout. Rude jerk, at least answer that much!

The moment you turned away, his diamond-blue eyes switched to you. He watched as you crossed your arms, leaning back against the wall.

Your eyes widened when you felt nothing. Wait, there's no wall here! You tried to catch your balance or, at least, grab onto something, but failed.

Miserably.

A gloved hand grabbed your hand, and the other rested against your lower back. Dainsleif prevented your fall and scoffs. "How clumsy."

A trail of fake tears fell from your eyes as your mouth twitched with a smile of despair.

Anemo Archon Bartobas or whatever your name is. You looked down in shame, unintentionally leaning against his chest. I can die of embarrassment now.

Unnoticed to you, Dainsleif was smiling softly, clearly amused.

"What was it like?" You raised a brow in question, pushing that embarrassing moment to the back of your mind. "Your world," Aether clarified.

Memories rushed past as you sighed, leaning back on your hands too. "Ha, where do I begin?" Silence fell between the two, as you thought. "Well, for one, the air was crappy where I lived. Teyvat is a breath of fresh air, literally."

Aether chuckled. "That bad, huh?" "YES! Don't even get me started on the people!"

He continued to listen as you told him of your world. Since meeting you, he'd found you a bit reserved. So seeing you so vibrant was a nice change. You kept talking about your world and without really realizing it, the night had taken over.

"Don't worry. I'll keep your secret." He chuckled as your eyes widened slightly. "Forgot, didn't you?" You chuckled awkwardly, rubbing your neck. "Totally~ didn't."

Y/n smiled at the memory. Too bad I missed him. "Thanks again for the help," Yanxiao said, dragging you from your thoughts.

"No problem. I should check-in. It's getting late." He nodded and bid you goodnight.

You made your way to the front desk, a cat catching your attention. It quirked its head to the side, tail swishing in anticipation.

You smirked as you leaned against the desk. Your finger scratched the cat under the chin.

A satisfying purr filled the area as you waited for the clerk. "My, what a surprise." You turned to see a woman walk behind the counter. "Hello, my name is Verr. How may I help you?" You pulled away and straightened yourself with a smile.

"Hi, I would like to stay here."

"Alright, how long will you be staying?" Your smile wavered as you replied. "...A few months."

"..."

"A few months?" she asked, her brow twitching. She still held her smile. "Yeah."

She sucked in a breath. "I doubt you have the mora for that." You chuckled. "Caught me." You placed a bag on the counter. "This is all I have, and I will help the staff here with anything as the rest of the payment. If you allow it," you finished, bowing.

You heard the coins clink as Verr looked through them. Your head was still down, so you didn't see her expression.

She chuckled. "Alright, I'll hold you up to that." Y/n rose and accepted the key. "Thank you so much."

She smiled, a shadow falling over her expression. "You should get some rest. You'll be up bright and early tomorrow."

You shrank from her gaze. That can't be good. You glance at her from the stairs, her expression the same as she waves. Y/n gave a strained smile and quickly left to find her room.

"I wasn't expecting you to be here," Verr said as she turns to the male sitting on the counter. Bright amber eyes met hers as he scoffed. "I was hungry."

She gave a closed-eyed smile. "This isn't the kitchen, and get off the counter. You're not a cat."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 5.6K 25
Y/n L/n was used to being alone, or having people leave her. She was adventurous and wished to see the world. Sadly, she wasn't allowed to. She longe...
230 27 10
๐ฐ๐žฬ„๐ข๐ฃ๐ขฬ„ ; "๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ" ๐จ๐ซ "๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ"; ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ค ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐๐ž๐š ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๏ฟฝ...
77.3K 3.6K 34
โ Is this another bitter herb you're forcing me to eat, you mortal? โž โ No, little Xiao, it is simply a pretty flower. โž โคท ๐˜Ÿ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฐ ๐˜น ๐˜จ/๐˜ฏ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ...
28.1K 1.1K 23
โ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐š˜๐šœ๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š– ๐š‹๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š.โž Thousands of years ago, Rex Lapis made a con...