The lake house <3 (JACK HUGHE...

By rowdyhughes86

The Zegras and Hughes Siblings have been friends since they were 5. But there was always something different... More

CHARACTERS
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.

11.

1.4K 11 2
By rowdyhughes86

"Hey, Have you seen Jack?" Kenzie asks Cole, Who's standing in front of the array of drinks on our kitchen counter.

"Uhhh yeah, He's outside with Alex , I'm pretty sure." He says not too confidently, Peering over the counter looking out the window to make sure he's right, Then nodding at Kenzie in confirmation.

Kenzie peers over the counter looking outside and spots Jack talking to some girl, While Alex is a few feet away from him, Talking to a group of people.

Although there's a slight twist in her stomach, Kenzie ultimately thinks nothing of it as she trusts Jack with all her heart and really, there's no reason to be jealous. She definitely doesn't want to be one of those psycho girlfriends who doesn't allow their boyfriends to even speak to any female, She was never that type of girl.

Kenzie shrugs her shoulders and makes her way back over to Cole smiling as he makes them a drink as the two begin to have a conversation of their own.

"Cole we need to find you a girlfriend, Huh?" Kenzie turns her head grinning at him as he sends her a grin right back

"Who you got in mind Zegras?" Cole raises his eyebrows at her then looks in front of him into the pool of people in the living room.

"I don't know! There's so many girls here, Why don't you try talking to one of them? Ou! What about that girl?" Kenzie nudges his shoulder as she looks into a direction of a girl standing in the corner of the party.

"Too tall, Kenzie come on, You know who you're talking to right now, right?" They both laugh as Kenzie continues her search with her eyes.

"What about her? Shes pretty!" Kenzie perks up at her potential match making abilities

"Yeah she is pretty, Maybe ill-

"Kenzie. Kenzie, Come here. MACKENZIE." Tate yells out just a few feet away, like she just witnessed someone get murdered as there's a look of sheer terror printed on her now pale white face.

"What?" Kenzie turns around to see her best friend's mouth to the floor looking out the window as she rushes over to her, Her heart sinking into her stomach, Praying it's not what she thinks it may be.

Cole turns his head, Seeing the girls reactions and immediately rushes over to them, Confused as to what they're looking at.

"Holy shit." Cole says under his breath as tears start to form in Kenzie's eyes looking at Jack and the girl kissing.

"Yeah.. Fuck that." Kenzie scoffs with her voice breaking, Immediately pushing through crowds of people, Sprinting upstairs to her room and locking the door, Dropping down to the floor on her knees, Her lungs Searching for air as tears pour from her eyes.

Trevor makes his way into the kitchen laughing with a few other friends, As his smile quickly begins to fade looking at Tate and Cole's faces, Standing by the counter looking at each other with pure sadness in their eyes from watching their best friend's heart break into a million pieces just a few seconds ago.

"What the fuck happened?" Trevor rushes over in a haste, Immediately knowing that something wasn't right.

"Kenzie saw Jack and some girl outside kissing." Tate says quietly trying her best to hold back her tears and heartbreak for her best friend.

"Are you fucking serious?" Trevor's tone snaps from worried to angry in the matter of seconds as he immediately storms outside, Going straight up to Jack without hesitation. Jack's now alone and far from the girl he was caught with, Sitting on a patio chair with his head in his hands.

"JACK. I'm gonna fucking kill you. I asked you for ONE THING. ONE FUCKING THING. NOT TO HURT HER." Trevor says shoving Jack immediately as a crowd begins to form around them due to Trevor's yelling catching the attention of many.

"Trevor." Jack says getting up as Trevor shoves him again not letting him get the chance to explain.

"CAN YOU JUST FUCKING LISTEN?" Jack yells as Trevor finally backs up from him and stands straight waiting for Jack to speak.

"She kissed me. I pulled away immediately. I swear you can ask her. I said I have a girlfriend and I got up and walked away. I promise. I would never fucking do that to Kenz. You know how much i love her." Jack explains, Pleading for at least Trevor to believe him.

"Is he lying? Is he FUCKING LYING? Someone answer me right now." Trevor says looking around at the crowd standing around them.

"He's not." Alex says walking up to the two, "He backed up immediately and walked away."

"Fuck. Bro." Trevor breathes out making a stance, Shaking his head. "She saw. Kenzie, Cole, and Tate. I need to go find her." Trevor says walking away as Jack's head drops into his hands once again.

"Dude why aren't you looking for her?" Alex asks Jack

"I fucked up Alex. I fucked everything up. She's gonna break up with me and not believe me. FUCK." Jack screams as his eyes begin to tear not being able to imagine a life without her.

Kenzie's in her room still drunk pacing around sobbing on the verge of a panic attack as she pulls out her suitcase stuffing everything she can fit in it.

She peaks outside her room making sure no one is out there before making a run for it, Pulling her suitcase through the packed party with a hoodie on over her head, Successfully making it out, without anyone seeing her. She hops into her car still drunk not caring, And pulling out of the driveway.

Trevor walks up to her room but immediately sees that the door is shut and locked, Assuming she didn't want to speak to anyone right now.

He sighs and gives his sister some alone time before he goes to talk to her.

Jack spends the rest of the night on the dock rethinking everything that just happened, Cursing himself and praying that this won't ruin their relationship.

As the party begins to clear out, The group comes back into the house but is very silent towards each other, Knowing what went down a few hours ago.

"I'm gonna go talk to her now. It's been like an hour." Trevor speaks up walking up the stairs to Kenzie's door.

"Kenzie, I'm coming in." He knocks three times before putting in the code on her lock.

Trevor runs back downstairs breathing heavily with a distraught look written on his face.

"She's gone. She's fucking gone. She left." He says as Jack springs up from the couch with the same terrified look Trevor has got on.

"Her suitcase isn't here, Most of her things are gone." Trevor says pacing in circles with his hand on top of his head.

"Her keys are gone."Jack says noticing her keys missing from her usual spot.  "She's fucking drunk." He says pulling out his phone spamming Kenzie's phone a million times.

"Call Mark." Trevor tells Alex thinking of people she could be with.

"He's not with her." Alex responds immediately looking at Mark's immediate reply.

"fuck. fuck. FUCK." Jack begins pacing around the kitchen along with Trevor.

Kenzie's in her car driving around with no direction with tears brimming the bottom of her eyes as she looks down at her phone feeling it vibrating dozens of times.

Jack: Kenz please answer. Where are you? We need to talk. Please baby it's not what it looked like. I need you to believe me. I love you.

Trevor: Kenzie this isn't fucking funny. You're fucking DRUNK. Get your ass out of that car right now. I'm not playing with you Mackenzie.

Mark: Kenzie, Alex just called me. Where are you? I can come get you wherever you are.

Tate: Mackenzie please come back or answer one of us were worried. Don't do this please.

Alex: Jack didn't cheat on you. that girl kissed him. i watched the whole thing Kenzie. He would never do that to you Kenzie, Please don't do anything stupid and come back.

Kenzie reads through the texts but tosses her phone on the passenger seat and continues her drive.

Kenzie thinks to herself for a while before pulling out her phone to text her manager.

Kenzie: Hey Michelle, Is there anyway you can get me on a flight from Michigan to LA Asap?

Manager: Of course, Everything okay? There's a flight at 1:45am.

I look at the time on my phone and see that it's 12:50 before responding back.

Kenzie: Perfect. Thank you so much Michelle.

-Back at the house-

Everyone is on their phone still spamming Kenzie and texting people she can be with but they're getting absolutely no where.

"FUCK. I forgot, I HAVE HER LOCATION" Tate realizes as she frantically scrolls to the life360 app on her phone.

"Please be on. please be on. please be on" she breathes to herself repeatedly as Kenzie's locations loading onto her screen.

"ITS ON! ITS ON!" She yells as everyone hovers over her zooming in on where she's at.

"Oh my god, She's at the airport." Tate says as a frown grows on her face looking at everyone around her as they all have the same expression.

"She's definitely heading back to LA" Trevor says starting to freak out even more.

Jack picks up his keys and storms out the house not saying anything to anyone, Just hopping into his car and pushing 100mph the entire way to the airport hoping he can catch her before she takes off.

He finally arrives, Running into the airport at 1:30. Jack is frantically running around the airport, dodging people trying to find the gate that takes off for LA.

"Hi excuse me where's the gate to LAX?" He asks the first employee he sees, Trying to catch a breath.

"Gate 144. takes off in 15 minutes." She says as his heart drops noticing he's far from her and only has 15 minutes to get to the other side of the terminal.

Jack finally gets to the gate at 1:40, 5 minutes before the plane starts boarding. Jack looks around in every direction before spotting Kenzie in a hoodie in line to board.

"Kenzie." He says a few feet away from her as the girl with swollen eyes looks up at him, Looking like her hearts been shattered to a million pieces, Which makes Jack's heart physically ache seeing her like that.

"Jack. What are you doing here?" She says trembling her words barely able to look the boy in the eyes.

"Please don't go Kenz. I need you. Let me explain please. It's not at all what it looked like baby. I would never do that to you. You've always been my one and only girl and will forever be." He says , Begging her at this point not to board the plane.

Her eyes start to fill with tears once again, As she looks at Jack standing there desperately. She nods her head and looks away from him scanning her pass and heading onto the plane.

Jacks heart drops seeing her walk through those doors knowing there was nothing he could do about it anymore. He sits down on a chair and begins sobbing uncontrollably.

Kenzie walks to her seat in first class and she's seated by an older woman who warmly smiles at her.

Kenzie sits down and sobs quietly hoping not to gain too much attention putting in her airpods and shuffling her "feels" playlist on apple music.

"She left, She's gone." Jack sobs over the phone to Trevor.

10 minutes into the flight, I feel a warm hand on my arm as I turn to the lady next to me taking out my air pods.

"Are you okay baby?" She asks frowning at me noticing i'm visibly upset.

"Yeah i'm fine, Just a really hard day." Kenzie says back with a fake grin which makes her start crying all over again.

"Oh baby, You can talk to me. Trust me i'm old enough and i've probably been through it." She says placing her hand on kenzie's forearm.

Kenzie begins to explain her and Jack's entire timeline up till tonight.

"Oh baby, That boy loves you." She says "Don't let a man like that go. I know it hurt you to see that but if everyone's saying he didn't kiss her you gotta believe them." She explains to Kenzie holding her hand.

"Well, It's too late now." Kenzie laughs through her tears.

"Oh no! Do not say that young lady! It is not too late. it is never too late. Get your man back. That is your soulmate."

"Thank you so much. You're actually the first person i actually talked to since i left. I'm sorry, What was your name?" Kenzie asks the sweet lady next to her.

"It's Luanne. And here, Let me put my number in your phone and i want updates! And invite me to the wedding Sweetie!" she says trying to comfort Kenzie which ends up working surprisingly.

"Thank you so much Luanne, You really helped me out here. I was so lost." Kenzie says giving her a warm smile

"Of course baby." she says bringing her in for a hug

"I need the next flight to LAX please." Jack says at the counter

"Okay, We have one taking off in 7 minutes do you want that one? There's one last seat available, Someone cancelled last minute." The lady working the desk tells Jack.

"Yes. yes. Please. I'll take it." Jack says panicking taking out his wallet as fast as he can, Buying the ticket and hopping onto his flight.

4 hours later-

Kenzie and Luanne walk out the plane together into the airport as Kenzie comes to a halt.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" Luanne asks Kenzie seeing her distraught.

"That's him. He flew to LA to get me." Kenzie says looking at Luanne tearing up again.

"See! I told you that boy was a good one. Go be with your boy Kenzie." She says pressing Kenzie's shoulder to comfort her.

"Luanne thank you. If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't make the right decision and end up hating myself for the rest of my life. Seriously, thank you. You are an angel." Kenzie says hugging Luanne as she hugs her back tightly.

"Anytime baby girl. Now go!!" She says smiling but also getting emotional at the sight in front of her.

Jack sees Kenzie walking towards him as he gasps with relief and smiles and waves to Luanne not knowing what she did or said or even who she is as she smiles back and waves at Jack.

"Thank you" He mouths to Luanne before Kenzie runs into his arms as the two begin to cry never wanting to let go of each other.

"I'm sorry Jack. I should've believed it when everyone was telling me it wasn't you. I'm sorry. I love you so much." She sobs into his sweatshirt

"No baby i'm sorry. You had every right to react like that but baby i would never do that you. Never. It's me and you forever. I mean it Kenz." Jack says holding her tight thinking about how close he was to losing the love of his life which scared the living shit out him.

"Come on we'll go sleep at my place for tonight and head back to Michigan tomorrow." Kenzie says as Jack holds her hand as they walk out the airport together going to Kenzie's house in LA for the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 165 9
In which Adelaide and her childhood best friend, Luke Hughes, meet again after years apart.
53K 414 15
The Weathers and the Hughes have been family friends for years. Jocelyn grew up with the three Hughes boys, although her closest bond seemed to be wi...
26.5K 1.1K 25
𝗛𝗒π—ͺ 𝗬𝗒𝗨 π—šπ—˜π—§ π—§π—›π—˜ π—šπ—œπ—₯π—Ÿ ! ✿⎯⎯ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ six months of struggling with heartbreak lead to a startling realisation. πŽπ‘ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰...
99.4K 1.4K 40
It's the most horrible time of the year for Miracle Zegras, especially when hearthrob, boy next door and-her childhood crush-comes home for the holid...