The Other Side Of Us - (gxg)

By supercollide

After moving away for college Kaden's life was as predictable as she had imagined. Living day to day until sh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
EPILOGUE
Elizabeth's Book

Chapter Thirty One

2.9K 187 107
By supercollide

Kaden's POV

I should've know that letting Elizabeth arrange the lunch would end up on her settling for the most expensive and fanciest restaurant in the city.

"This is fancy." Divya said as we entered the place.

"I've been here before, she has good taste I'll give her that." Jessie spoke from my side. She had met us at my apartment and we settled on driving together.

We stopped in front of the girl working at the entrance—asking us if we had a reservation.

"We do, it's under Sinclair?" I responded.

The girl nodded as she looked at her pad, "Yes, Sinclair table for four. Miss Sinclair is already waiting on her table—follow me please."

"What kind of food do they even serve here?" I muttered looking around the fancy establishment.

"I don't know man." Divya didn't look as she spoke as her sight was set forward.

"A lot of things, it's not an italian or french restaurant is very varied." Jessie was the one to respond.

I nodded, "Try not to get into an argument with her please."

She rolled her eyes, "I'll be on my best behavior."

"Thank you." I smiled at her and hooked the pinky that was not covered by my cast with her's. Jessie looked down to our hands and I swear I saw a faint blush on her cheeks.

Soon enough we arrived to the table where Elizabeth was waiting for us. She stood up and greeted us.

"Sorry have you been waiting long?" I asked as I pulled a chair out for Jessie with my good arm. She mumbled a quiet 'thank you' as she took the seat.

"Not really, just five minutes maximum." Elizabeth replied.

"Hi." Divya said to her awkwardly and I tried not to laugh.

She's actually going to go forward with the bet.

Elizabeth eyed her, "Hello Divya. Jessie."

Jessie acknowledged her with a 'hey' and a small smile. Our pinkies still intertwined together under the table.

"This place is nice, fancy." I commented.

The British woman hummed, "It is and don't worry lunch is on me."

"I can pay for myself." Jessie scoffed.

"What she means is you don't have to, but thank you." I gave a look at Jessie.

"I do, I invited you so I pay." Elizabeth looked at Jessie—challenging her with her eyes.

"We'll see about that." Jessie muttered and grabbed the menu with one hand.

"You sure know how to treat a lady." Divya commented with her face on top of her hand. I pursed my lips to suppress a smile while I felt Jessie's questioning gaze on me.

"Do tell that to my ex." Elizabeth looked up from her menu.

"Sure, what's the number?" Divya responded make my eyebrows go up.

The British woman chuckled, "She's crazy, I have to warn you."

"I'm not scared of other women." My roommate grinned.

"Bet you aren't." I commented earning a kick to my leg under the table from Divya. I hissed as the other two women on the looked at me quizzically.

"What are you all going to order?" Jessie asked as she read the menu.

"What I want is not in the menu." Divya muttered not looking up from the menu.

I had to disguise my laugh as chocking, which made Elizabeth's eyes widen as well as Jessie's—the latter handing me a glass of water.

"Are you okay?" Elizabeth asked.

"Oh I'm perfectly fine."

"Could've fooled me." Jessie shrugged.

Our conversation was short lived as the waitress came to take our order, but I was so engrossed in them that I forgot to even check out the menu—which everyone seemed to have done except me. So I ended up ordering what seemed the most appealing from what they ordered, whatever it was that Divya ordered so did I.

Eventually Elizabeth and Jessie formed conversation with one another —which shocked me— as we waited for the food.

Not wanting to interrupt their first civilized conversation I got my phone out and shot Divya a text.

Div

Bitch you are rather good at this

Did you really think that was good?

I mean...
You could've gotten me with that

Of course I would've
You are corny like that

Be ready to give me those $40

You gotta work harder than that!

Divya looked at me and rolled her eyes—she sent me a bunch of middle finger emojis before putting her phone away as the waitress came with our drinks.

"So Elizabeth, are you doing anything tonight? Some friends are coming over to our place, you can join in." Divya invited the British woman.

This made me turn to Jessie and lean in closer to her, "You are coming right?"

"I'm hoping I do." She grinned mischievously.

"I'll take your dirty innuendo as a yes." I glanced down at her lips, having to restrain myself from kissing her given the fact we were in public.

"I'm not leaving your side today."

"So you are leaving me after today?" I pouted.

"One of us has to work babe."

"Does that mean you'll spoil me?" I fiddled with her pinky with my own.

"What other reason is there for me to work if not to do just that." Jessie smiled at me as I chuckled.

"They are not listening to us." I heard Divya say—making me turn to look at her.

"Sorry what?"

"Told you." She said to our other companion.

"I was saying we could go to my flat, invite your friends over." Elizabeth offered.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Definitely, the place could use some actual using. I'm barely there when I'm here because I mostly work, so I've only used it for sleeping." Elizabeth took a sip from the white wine she had been served.

"That sounds great." I agreed.

"I thought the same, I'll let Grace and Jen know." Divya said taking out her phone again.

Our food arrived shortly, making the conversations almost none existing as we delved into our own food.

The restaurant meeting went better than I expected, Jessi and Elizabeth actually got along just enough. They didn't have any altercations except when it was time to pay and Elizabeth threatened the waiter to take her card and go—which worked as the waiter had scurried off with it not wanting to test the woman, ignoring Jessie's complaints.

We all had gone our separate ways, well only Elizabeth as she had some things to do, but we had agreed to go to her place later.

We went home and the three of us spent all afternoon watching movies. Jessie had asked a couple of times why was Divya flirting with Elizabeth if she was straight, but I just shrugged and pretended not to know.

When the night came we found ourselves inside of the elevator that was taking us to the very last floor of the fancy building—Elizabeth didn't just own a flat downtown, she owned a whole penthouse like ten times the size of my apartment.

"Wow." Divya said as we walked out of the elevator.

Elizabeth soon came into view, she came and carefully hugged me—giving Divya and Jessie and 'hey' and a wave instead.

"Nice place you got here." I muttered looking around the place.

"Thank you." Elizabeth responded.

"Great view." Jessie said as she stood in front of the window.

"Are you looking for a sugar baby?" Divya asked making myself face palm.

I shouldn't have betted with her shameless ass.

Elizabeth chuckled, "I'm not that much older than you."

And she was right, Elizabeth was merely thirty three while we were twenty six.

"But you are older than me, that's all it matters so?" Divya smiled deviously.

Elizabeth looked between me and her before she narrowed her eyes and approached my roommate and grabbed her chin. "You think you could handle me love? Are you up to the task?"

Divya's eyes went wide and her mouth opened and closed—her face flushed. She obviously wasn't expecting her to flirt back and honestly neither did I. "I'm not— I was just— you know I was just... kidding. I'm not—"

Elizabeth grinned as she let go off a flustered Divya, "I figured that much."

The elevator called our attention as it opened again, this time showing our other two friends.

Divya mumbled something incoherently before she went to approach Jen and Grace. Jessie stood again by my side as we waited for the pair to be introduced to the owner of the house.

"What did I miss?" Jessie asked me.

"Nothing just Divya looking like an idiot."

My roommate cleared her throat, "Jen, Grace this is Elizabeth a friend of Kaden's... Elizabeth—Jen and Grace." She said before awkwardly moving away and letting the three meet.

"Nice one." I told her once she was besides me.

Jessie went to greet them as well and it was when Divya spoke. "Shut up and give me my forty dollars."

"Jesus calm down." I pulled out the bill from my pocket and handed it to her. "You didn't expect to get flustered, did you."

She rolled her eyes, "I didn't get flustered."

"Sure you didn't. And I'm sure you still aren't." I said sarcastically.

"Now that we are talking about feelings tell me. What do you think of the fact that you had slept with half the population in this penthouse?" Divya asked referring to Elizabeth, Jessie and Grace.

Damn I didn't think that it was in fact half the population of this place.

I shrugged, "That I definitely wouldn't add you or Jen to that population. Elizabeth might though."

I laughed, making Divya swat my cast again causing me to hiss in pain.

"Fuck Divya you are going to make me lose the arm." I said through gritted teeth.

"Good, then you'll have a hand less to finger women with."

"I don't mind you don't know what my tongue can do." I showed my tongue to her.

"Thank you for the trauma."

"Don't worry I'm sure you'll get head soon enough." I wiggled my brows and nodded towards the host—with a look of disgust Divya walked away mumbling something about me being a pig.

A/N - Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 5K 61
Two childhood friends that were separated since elementary school are reunited during their college years. Both are happy by this occurance, but thei...
24.4K 557 50
Story about a straight girl who is confused about her feelings towards her stud best friend. Will she fall for her best friend? Will she finally stop...
416K 13.6K 102
A car accident started it all. Being pushed away Smart remarks And overall memory lost!! *Amari* How can she not, we are in love, the feelings, the...
426K 16K 29
After Luna ran away from home she finds herself in a new territory, a new school and with a new life. She finds out about her true self and eventuall...