A Real Defect

By Roxasfan58

First story of this kind for Hi-fi Rush More

Introduction
Track 1: Musical world
Track 2: Different way
Track 3: First boss
Track 4: Center of Earth
Track 6: More test!
Track 7: The pacifist

Track 5: Test chamber

229 7 0
By Roxasfan58

Finally I reached lab 44.

Zanzo: Alright, design and prototype constructed to spec. YAWN.

I never understood what that meant and I didn't care.

PGR-0101: Looks like a volounteer has entered the lab.

Yeah! Your doom!

Zanzo: Ugh, about time. Test volounteer, ahem, please enter the test chamber. With haste!

Chai: Wow! Have you heard Peppermint? He wants me to destroy his work quickly.

Peppermint: Then don't keep him waiting.

I got going and as I went, I could hear the moans of all the robots that were working, damn they really don't like Zanzo but soon that wouldn't be a problem anymore. After more walking I finally got to the chamber and lasers went off scanning me and then setting off the alarm.

PGR-0101: Test subject... unidentified.

Zanzo: Why is the image scrambled?

PGR-0101: Something's overriding our cameras to 480p. It's unviewable.

Chai: Maybe because I'm too handsome. That's why the cameras are 480p, to prevent them from blowing up because of my beauty.

Zanzo: Ah! Just get this over! Activate the security lasers!

And from a small door to the upper left of the door in front of me the laser came out.

Chai: Well... It had to happen.

Peppermint: Just call me in. I can help you with that laser.

Chai: No need, I can handle it myself.

The laser signaled it was about to attack twice. The moment the two circles appeared and then overlapped I blocked both attacks it exploded.

PGR-0101: Uhh. It exploded. That's... Not the design.

Zanzo: I added it in. Failure is so embarassing it self-destructs. Heehee! Try again.

Peppermint: You ok?

Chai: Yes, i can hadle this one too.

This too, like the first one, fired twice only that the second shot was faster but managed to block them and then the laser was destroyed.

PGR-0101: My accuracy code was... flawless!

Zanzo: Apparently not! Hey, subject, well done. Your gift basket is in the next room!

Then the door in front of me open.

Peppermint: Sounds like a trap.

Chai: Surely, though it's the only way we have to go forward.

I passed the door to continue but when I scanned the room my gaze stopped on my right because of two robots.

I stood there for a few seconds holding back tears of emotion, but was snapped back to reality as 808 hit my head and then signaled me to carry on.

Chai: If there is any way, I swear to recover this title.

And with that I was back to continuing to move forward.

Zanzo: Fix the image. I want to see who our test subject is.

PGR-0101: I'm locked out. It's a hack!

Zanzo: So un-hack it!

I can't wait to meet the hacker and be his friend, but now I had to pretend again.

Chai: Nice job, Peppermint.

Peppermint: Chai, i'm not doing anything.

Chai: Wait! what!

Peppermint: I'm telling you it's not me.

I had arrived at the entrance to the second test chamber but I stopped for a second to say hello to a friend.

Chai: Ehy Smidge.

Smidge: Oh, hello there, friend. They want me in the Training Room soon. I'm so excited.

Chai: I'm happy for you, I'm sure you can pass them all.

Smidge: Thank you. However I see that you managed to get here, which means that you have improved a lot since last time and that you have unlocked an ability called <PARRY>.

Chai: For a moment I thought I wouldn't be able to do it but luckily I seem to have the rhythm.

Smidge: I'm glad but remember: the key to perfection is practice.

Chai: Sure, I'll keep that in mind.

And so I entered the second chamber.

Zanzo: Please step into the center of the room for your prize.

The headlights around the yellow X on the floor lit up, now I perfectly remember that this was a trap to start another PARRY tutorial and right now I was thinking how to avoid it.

Zanzo: Subject step into the center of the room for the prize.

I thought for a few more seconds as I adjusted the grip of the guitar and at that moment an idea popped into my head, I approached the X and then placed the guitar in the centre, at which point the lights turned red and then around the chittarra there were green sparks at that very moment I ran after the points where the enemies would spawn.

Zanzo: Oh man, they fell for it! Hahahaha! This subject is an idiot!

I was grinning at Zanzo's guess as 808 joined me.

Peppermint: He doesn't know that he fell for it.

Zanzo: Those laser drones were Korsica's design, but NO ONE messes with my experiments. You'll be a nice punching bag for MY babies.

At that point the two doors on the floor opened and the two enemies came out who as soon as they saw the guitar were confused, at that point I silently approached the one on my right and punched them with my right arm, which leads to throwing him on the ground and losing his grip on his weapon which I picked up and used to destroy him, the other seeing this charged the laser and fired but managed to block it and then explode. Then I moved towards the exit door behind the spawn point of two more enemies.

Zanzo: What? What happened? Why didn't they shoot the subject? He was there on the spot. Send more in.

Two more enemies came out and as the last two too were confused to find my weapon there, I approached the BA-BOO from behind who was not armed with a shield and as soon as I was close enough with the sword I had stolen I pierced his chest and then it destroyed, and then I went up to the other one and destroyed it.

Zanzo: Wait... the one not in the spot was not the subject but a decoy. Hmmp! I'm actually impressed. Our subject here is not nearly as stupid as I had originally thought. Now I want to see how far this goes...

The front door opened and I took the guitar back, scanned the sword I had taken from the SBR earlier and decided to keep it in case I needed a backup weapon, I turned the weapon around and saw a button under the guard I pressed it and the weapon shut off getting smaller and so I put it in my pocket.

I kept going and then the alarm in the facility went off and all the electronic equipment was starting to go crazy.

PGR-0101: Hacks everywhere! IT WON'T LET ME OPEN THE DOOR!

Zanzo: Maybe we should find this hacker and give THEM your job!

Right now I felt sorry for poor PGR, he is just doing his job at his best while Zanzo keeps berating him, I swear by all you robots here his tyranny will end soon.

Peppermint: Uh, Chai? A private mail just came to me. "Use the side route"?

The door beside me opened.

Chai: Wow! I think our mysterious hacker wants to help us out.

Peppermint: It sure looks like it.

I kept going and reached room number 3 which was a jumble of the other two before which he got through without any problems.

Zanzo: Send in the BRUT-1L!

Wait! Did he say BRUT-1L?

PGR-0101: We haven't done field testing---

Zanzo: THIS is the test!

Oh no! No! no! no! no! For god, i hate that one especially the sound it makes when it operates the saw that frightens me.

As soon as he crashed to the ground, I ran immediately from him before he got up and begins to destroy him like a crazy while I had his eyes closed.

(Just watch the scenes where the purple guy use the axe.)

There was an explosion and I was sent back, I stayed on the ground for a few seconds and reopened my eyes. I looked at the point where the enemy had to be there and there was no place there were a black circle that made it seemed that a bomb had exploded, sighed and calmed me.

Zanzo: ALRIGHT! Enough testing. You' ve earned my respect. Whoever you are...

PGR-0101: We actually got some good data---

Zanzo: Is that all you programmers care about? Let's go. We're done here.

The door opened but I noticed that 808 was not next to me, ok this confused me.

Chai! 808?

I tried to call it but there was no answer.

Chai: 808 Where are you?

I turned around to look for her, she couldn't immediately find her but looking for more slowly I found it above one of the televisions that were reproducing the musical plot. I approached her and saw that she was trembling with fear, she was trembling as if she were seeing a monster, then with both hands I tried to take it.

Chai: 808 come down this is not the time to rest.

In response she screamed me and then tried to hit one of my hands with the claws of her right paw.

Seeing this, I immediately withdrew my hand and checked to see if he had left some scratches.

Chai: Wow! What is your problem?

Peppermint: What is Her problem? What is YOUR problem? You frightened her to death, I have never seen you take it so much on an enemy, for a moment it almost seemed that you had become a crazy maniac.

Oh ... she saw me as I destroyed the Brutus without even giving them time to react as if we were in a horror film. Well ... I have to invest another bullshit.

Chai: Oh ... I'm sorry. When I saw that enemy they returned to the mind of the frightening memories. Memories I hoped I had forgotten.

Peppermint: what memories are you talking about?

Chai: sorry ... but I can't talk about it right now. I will talk about it when I am ready so let's go on, agree?

Peppermint: Okay.

At that point we were again 808 while I put my hands again towards her as if to make a sign of going down in my hands.

Chai: 808, I'm sorry if what you have seen has frightened you, next time I promise not to lose control so you're quiet if in case it should happen next time you can close your eyes and not look, okay?

808 remained there for a few more second and in the end he throws himself into my hands and then stroke his face on my cheek.

Chai: Now let's go, we have an otaku to put in place.

I resume running and at this moment I found myself on the peripheral that I would take place to meet Zanzo.

Chai: You know, this Zanzo, I wonder how to do it to be in charge of an entire department, that is, I want to tell me it seems only a neet that comes out only for the work.

Peppermint: Yeah, he got promoted to head of R&D after Kale took over the company.

Chai: And you see the result, this place is almost a total disaster.

Peppermint: The company switched gears under him. Going from helping the world, to protecting their bottom line.

I headed for the next area

Chai: Just ahead---

I entered the alarms and then the door behind me closed.

I knew exactly what was about to happen so I turned off and launched my guitar high with great force.

Zanzo: So this was our...

The voice stopped because the sound of object that had hit something was felt. Then my guitar falls on the floor, I looked at the top and there I saw Zanzo and to judge from his face it seems almost drunk, at that point he fell beyond the railing and he also falls a few centimeters near where there was my guitar.

Everything when he became silent for the subsequent seconds and I decided to interrupt him.

Chai: Well ... now what do we do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 776 48
A bunch of one shots
1.6K 26 3
A host of Detroit: Become Human Oneshots
24.7K 1.4K 35
I will write any Os that comes on my mind ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚and feel free to give me ideas if u have any ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ž
301K 6.8K 36
โš ๏ธDISCONTINUED โš ๏ธ "๐˜ ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ" . . . ๐˜ˆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜น ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ . . Also, this sto...