Deadly Sins | Monsta X

By ImKyuned

Would you sacrifice fifty souls to save your own? Selling her soul to Changkyun, a Crossroad Demon, at the a... More

Introduction
Prologue
Part 1: Time's up
Part 2: Negotiation
Part 3: Anya
Part 4: Victim
Part 5: Tease
Part 6: New Rules
Part 7: Doll πŸ”ž / Shownu
Part 8: Peaches
Part 9: Promises
Part 10: Princess πŸ”ž /Wonho
Part 11: Saturday Night
Part 12: Magnus
Part 13: Bad Decisions
Part 14: Blood
Part 15: Comfort
Part 16: Time is ticking
Part 17: Shared πŸ”ž
Part 18: Goddess πŸ”ž /Minhyuk
Part 19: Reward
Part 20: Kyun
Part 21: Home
Part 22: A Little Something
Part 23: Sisterhood
Part 24: Babydoll πŸ”ž /Kihyun
Part 25: Yearning
Part 26: Fake it
Part 27: Firework πŸ”ž
Part 28: Core Memory
Part 29: Breathe
Part 30: Distraction
Part 31: Jealousy
Part 32: Reality
Part 33: Kitten πŸ”ž/Hyungwon
Part 34: Repulsion
Part 35: Savior
Part 36: Secrets
Part 37: Sunshine
Part 38: Collapse
Part 39: Babygirl πŸ”ž
Part 40: Play
Part 41: Gorgeous πŸ”ž / Jooheon
Part 42: Havoc
Part 43: Revenge
Part 44: Henry
Part 45: Shield πŸ”ž
Part 46: Drowning
Part 47: Torture
Part 48: Morals
Part 49: Paralized
Part 50: Denial
Part 51: Golden
Part 52: Just Pretend
Part 54: Truth
Part 55: Mine πŸ”ž
Part 56: Yours πŸ”ž
Part 57: Paradise
Part 58: Hopeless
Part 59: The Great War
Part 60: Nightmare
Part 61: Reminiscence
Part 62: Crossroad
Epilogue

Part 53: Final Warning

357 31 8
By ImKyuned

Hello my beatiful babes!
I hope you'll like this chapter.
Please don't forget to leave a vote if you like this story 🖤

~*~

Part 53: Final Warning

The moment Kyun speaks the demon's name, Anya knows exactly who's standing in front of them. The demon that tricked Kyun into his transition. Will's demon.

"It's been a while!" Alistair has a playful nonchalance, just like Kyun did when they first met, as he walks up and down the small alley. But different from Kyun, with whom Anya never was a hundred percent sure which side of hell he stood on, it's pretty clear with Alistair. The energy that surrounds him isn't comparable to her demon's. It's so much darker, so much more terrifying.

Kyun's hand searches for hers behind his body. Without hesitation, she grabs it, holds it tightly, and clings to his arm with her other hand, not letting Alistair out of her sight.

With a smile on his face, Alistair stops and his eyes meet Anya's. "Hello, darling!"

"Don't!" Kyun growls. "Don't you dare talk to her!"

"But Changkyun." He huffs a laugh. "You can't expect me to not be thrilled to finally meet the soul responsible for all this mess. I'm a huge fan!"

Anya feels her heartbeat in her throat as she clings to Kyun.

What mess is she responsible for?

"I must admit, you caught me a little off-guard, Changkyun," the demon continues. "It was a pain in my ass to find you. You neglected your job, haven't completed a single deal in weeks—" Anya's head snaps up to Kyun. Where was he when she was asleep if he didn't go to work? "—so often in the past weeks I've played the scenario of this exact moment of finally finding you in my head over and over again. I'd planned to ask you first how the hell you've managed to hide this long. But now..." He stops and smiles at Anya, his head tilted, awe in his voice. "It's obvious, so obvious that I'd be ashamed for not considering it if it wasn't so damn rare!" A slight smile appears on his face, his eyes rotating between Kyun and Anya and the artist has so many questions burning in her head.

"Fascinating." Pensively, Alistair lets his finger glide over his lips. "I've heard it's possible but I never witnessed it. I've never seen a connection like this between a demon and a human."

Again, Anya looks at Kyun, who is still gazing at Alistair, his jaw clenched. But not a wince, not a single reaction to the other demon's words.

"Oh?" Alistair raises his brow and chuckles. "She doesn't know, does she?"

Anya has to bite her tongue to not snap at either of them for talking in secret like this. Her heart is pounding so hard against Kyun's back, she's certain that he can feel it.

"Cut to the chase, Alistair!" Kyun spits. "What do you want?"

"Oh, you know exactly what I want!" The calmness in Alistair's voice decreases. "He's losing his patience, Kyun! I thought I made that clear the night I introduced you to my little friends. Too bad you disappeared so suddenly... I suppose it was her?" Alistair looks at Anya again. "She called you? I already knew something was odd when you kept on mumbling her name..."

Anya's breath gets stuck in her throat. The night he showed up bleeding like a slaughtered pig—it was Alistair's hellhounds who did it? Baffled, Anya nibbles her bottom lip so hard that she tastes her blood on her tongue. She knew Kyun despises Alistair for what he did to him. But she thought they were somewhat on the same page; they're both crossroad demons after all.

"Tell Lucifer and his other whores that I have a year!" Kyun holds Anya's hand a little tighter. "I know my rights!"

"Rights?" The white-haired demon throws his head back, laughing such a malignant laugh that it sends a shudder down her spine. "My god, Kyun! We're not talking about a Wall Street deal here! Lucifer doesn't care about bargains. Not that there has ever been a bargain after you chose to make this deal without permission. And when the king of hell loses his patience, he loses his patience! This is the last warning! They want her or the fifty others... or you know what will happen! You'd be dead by now if it wasn't for your power and your pathetic human shield. How does it feel, huh? How does it feel being so useless that only a worthless human stands between you and the wrath of Lord Lucifer?"

"I said leave her out of this!" Kyun's deep growl shakes the night Anya flinches at a sudden move of his. A shiny red ball, rippling with dark magic appears in Kyun's palm. Before Anya knows what's happening, he throws it into Alistair's direction. He dodges it with a smooth step to the side and the ball explodes against the cold wall.

The demon giggles. "Oh, Changkyun...we used to be friends. And now you're attacking me?"

"We've never been friends, you son of a bitch!"

Her heart is hammering in her chest. What if this situation escalates and Alistair repeats what he did to Kyun before? The thought of him getting hurt makes her forget all the questions, all the confusion in her.

Alistair presses his hand to his chest and gasps in a playful manner. "That hurts!"

This wide smirk on his face remains and he takes a deep breath. "Maybe I've found something even more valuable," He licks his lips and eyes Anya from head to toe. Growling Kyun steps to the side, blocking her from the demon's view. "What will you offer me for withholding the information that I found what seems like your only and biggest weakness?"

Before Kyun can answer, Alistair raises his hand.

"Don't!" Kyun shouts and Anya barely registers the word as an invisible force jerks her body to the side, letting a yelp escape her throat. Her body hits the cold wall of the alley and the impact knocks the breath out of her body. The invisible force pins her wrists next to her head and she kicks her toes, searching for purchase on the cobblestones just centimeters too far below.

"Kyun!" She breathes but chokes as if Alistair wrapped his broad hand around her throat.

She can't breathe, can't move. Her panic makes it impossible to save the last breaths of air in her and tears build up in her eyes as they meet Kyun's wide ones.

"One move and I'll snap her neck, Changkyun!" Alistair says but her demon doesn't seem to listen. She loses her strength as attempts at words escape her strangulated throat in the form of gags and whimpers. Kyun stares at her, shocked, panicked.

And suddenly his red eyes light up, a fire, like an explosion in them. He darts toward Alistair, grabs him by his throat and throws him at the wall across from her.

"Listen to me closely, you son of a bitch!" he growls. "Only because you're Lucifer's whore doesn't mean you're superior. I am still stronger than you, so know. Your. Fucking. Place. And let her the fuck go!"

The last time Anya saw Kyun this livid was when the vampire attacked her. She hates seeing him like this. Alistair gags and chokes under Kyun's grip.

"Don't shoot the messenger..." he gasps, a smug smirk on his face, but gags even harder when Kyun tightens his hand around his throat.

"Let her go!" He flashes his teeth. "Or I swear I will kill you with my bare hands even if that means pissing off Lucifer himself!"

Just as Anya's strength is about to completely leave her, the invisible force pinning her against the wall disappears.

She's been struggling so hard to get out of his grip that when the force vanishes she shoves herself away from the wall much too hard. But before she can fall on her face, Kyun catches her body.

"Fuck, babygirl!" he breathes and helps her back on her feet. "I'm so sorry! Let me see you!" As he turns her, Anya shakes so badly that she feels like she'll fall apart at the seams any second.

Shock and confusion still have her in so tight a chokehold that she can't speak, even though there are a thousand things she wants to say.

"You're playing with fire, Changkyun!" Alistair spits from behind them and goosebumps cover her body.

That's exactly what Will said that night.

With a hammering heart and a shaky breath, she looks at Kyun.

Can it be?

Sure, she's absolutely willing to give her life for this demon. But what about him? Why would he put himself in danger—for her?

Kyun doesn't even bother to turn around, too busy stroking Anya's wrists and adjusting her dress, making sure she's okay. And she wants to scream at him to say something, anything!

"You are already a demon..." Alistair jeers. "How much lower do you wanna sink?"

Kyun turns in a smooth movement and again throws that red, glowing ball rippling with dark magic at Alistair.

And again it misses the demon, explodes against the cold wall. Anya is convinced that this was a mere warning shot, to keep Kyun from getting in trouble for actually killing Alistair. There's no way he would miss him twice by accident.

The white-haired demon laughs devilishly. "She will be your downfall, Kyun, mark my words!" And into the darkness, he disappears.

Kyun turns around to her again and cups her cheeks, his brows pulled down flat. There's so much worry in his crimson eyes.

"Kyun, what happened?" she finally dares to ask. "Was he the one—"

"Not here, babygirl, okay?" He interrupts her in a soothing voice and pulls her closer. "Come here!"

Still shaking, she clings to the demon's body as darkness encompasses them.

Returning to their resort seems like waking up from a nightmare. In the past two weeks, this place was indeed paradise. It gave Anya warmth and comfort. But now, in the darkness with everything that happened in the past few minutes, it almost feels strange. Surreal.

So many questions are still spiraling in her head. She's so confused and scared at the same time.

Kyun stands in front of her, his hands stuffed in his pockets, his gaze lowered as he clenches his jaw.

"Get to bed!" he suddenly says. "You need re—"

"The fuck?" she interrupts him, wide-eyed. "No! No, Changkyun, I won't go to bed now, are you out of your goddamn mind?"

Anya can't believe he wants to play all of this down yet again. Just like the night he showed up hurting. She literally just got attacked by a demon! And he wants to pretend this wasn't a big deal?

"Tell me what just happened!" she demands, her voice echoing through the room.

"That's nothing—"

"Don't. You. Dare!" she spits. "Don't you dare say this is none of my business! Don't you dare do this to me again!"

So many emotions bubble up in her. It's as if the shock sobered her right up. The night was so fucking perfect and she thought... She thought things would be different from now on. Anya can't stand all this. She can't go on not knowing what's going on.

"I'm so sick of your secrets, I'm so sick of all these questions!" she yells, desperation in her voice. "What did you do the past two weeks while I was asleep if you weren't collecting souls?"

Kyun shrugs sheepishly. "I was here... I couldn't leave you..."

So he never left? It wasn't a coincidence that he was there every time she woke up?

"Why?" she asks, livid. His job is so important—even she knows that! "And why did he attack you that night, Kyun?"

"To... to warn me..." he gulps heavily, avoiding her gaze.

The way he refuses to give her straight answers makes her furious! He knows exactly what she wants to hear, why does he have to make it so hard now?

"Of what?"

"That the time is ticking..."

Another half-baked bit of information.

"So this is about my soul?" she asks, trying to get the pieces together herself. "They want it but you didn't give it to them?"

Anya whines, annoyed when she realizes that once again, it all amounts to one particular question. The question she's been asking for almost a year now, the question that he refuses to give her an answer to!

"Changkyun, why didn't you take my soul? Why did you save me? Why am I still here?" The questions pour out of her like a waterfall. "Why is this all happening? Fuck, I'm so done—"

Before she can end the sentence, Kyun takes a step closer and spits words at her that flip her entire world upside down.

"Because I fucking love you!"

~*~
Finally 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Info: I have to rewrite the complete next chapter and this might take a bit. Please have a liiiiitle patience 🥺🫶🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

879 104 12
Available on Ebooks and in Paperback on Amazon. Make sure to get yourself a copy today :) Dream Awards 2021 -- Fanfiction Category -- 1st Place Tim...
21.9K 3.5K 28
South Korea's image isn't what it's ought to be. The people are filed by wealth, precisely their skills. Those at the peak get to triumph, while thos...
962 262 23
【 π’˜π’π’π’‰π’ 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆. π’‰π’Šπ’” 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒕 π’ƒπ’†π’„π’‚π’Žπ’† π’„π’π’π’”π’•π’“π’Šπ’„π’•π’†π’…, π’‰π’Šπ’” π’†π’šπ’†π’” 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏 οΏ½...
655 37 25
What if the secret is displayed and there's no turning back? Time to panic then... - Sometimes you just need a friend to talk to, to comfort you, to...