"My Arrogant Boss". | Kim Tae...

By btssurmise7

"The night of my dream was the beginning of my reality." How can I survive at my workplace when my Boss disli... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
EPILOGUE

Chapter 25.

11.3K 594 144
By btssurmise7

Taehyung and I got no chance to have a talk in the office. He left early because of his other work so I had to leave home all by myself.

I received a call from an unknown number.

"Am I talking to Ms. Y/n?", The lady on the other side asked.

"Yes", I replied with squeezed brows, trying to recognise the unfamiliar voice.

"We have received your job application to Vovori Cybernetics Corp and you are shortlisted, in order to confirm your place at Vovori you are supposed to attend this orientation programme. May I know when you are available? It has to be within this week", she added.

I flew to cloud nine, I was aiming for the same and I couldn't imagine the glee mom would experience upon hearing this news.

"I require three days as I'm currently in another city", I told.

"Sure, we are happy to have you at Vovoris", she formally repeated the rotted line which she might have said to all the shortlisted persons.

I walked inside the mansion.

"My darling looks happy, is it the date?", Taehyung's mom approached me with her most comforting smile.

Oh I would miss her the most.

"I have something to tell you and mom", I said out of excitement.

"Sure but you better go freshen up. Let's meet at the living hall, shall we?", I agreed.

Maybe call it excitement but I was suddenly feeling full of good energy.

I walked downstairs after freshening up and saw Taehyung sitting with his mom as well. My expressions dropped and my pace slowed down.

How could I forget him?!

I suddenly became nervous and conscious.

His eyes instantly acknowledged my arrival. I sat near his mom while he was sitting across from us.

"Y/n have to announce something.", She told Taehyung .

"—Let me call your mom", she dialed mom and she immediately picked up.

"We three are sitting together and Y/n has news to tell", she chose to do the intro.

I stole glances of Taehyung, he looked intrigued and confused at the same time.

"I'm listening", mom spoke. I forced a smile at Taehyung's mom.

I was not sure where to start. My fingers were entangled together while I was collecting courage. I wasn't sure what Taehyung would think about it but maybe it was better to leave after all those awful things happened between us.

"I applied for a job in the company which is based in my city—", I took a quick glance at Taehyung but the span was too short that I couldn't figure out what his expressions were like.

"—I received the confirmation call today and I'm supposed to join this week", when I stopped speaking the silence turned out too loud. All three of them spoke no words, none of them looked happy with the news. Although I couldn't see mom, she was anything but happy.

Taehyung was the first to leave. His mom received an instant video call from mom. I could finally see her now. She had a smile on. At least she looked happy.

"I can't wait to have you here with me", her eyes shimmered. My lips pursed at the sight.

"I love you", I told her and she sent one on my way. I looked at Taehyung's mom.

"Are you not happy?", I asked with a heavy heart.

"Perhaps not, your mom is receiving her daughter back home but I'm sending off mine. I can be happy for you but I am certainly not. Whatsoever, I'm pleased for my friend. She misses you every hour. I'll miss you dearly", oh that broke my heart.

I hugged her. It lasted longer than usual.

"I'll make trips to meet you, I promise. And bear with my random video calls because I never know when my stomach will ache as I miss you so much", she stayed mute and we eventually broke off from each other's embrace.

"When will you be moving?", She asked.

"Tomorrow, I haven't done the booking yet but yeah", I announced.

"I forgot my phone back in the room", I excused myself leaving two friends in privacy.

Phone wasn't the reason, my idiot love was.

I walked up to Taehyung's room and entered without knocking. He was standing in front of the full length mirror, drying his hair. His torso was exposed while a towel was wrapped around his waist.

He sent a sharp gaze my way.

He ignored me and kept busy doing his things. He slid on his tee and turned at me holding silence on his lips for a while.

"I have to change", he grumbled. I shook my head.

"Not until you talk to me, say something", I whined at his silence.

"Please", he said pointing at the exit. I shook my head causing him to sigh.

"I will have no regret going naked but then you'll make a fuss about it", I wasn't scared of his baseless warnings.

"Your presence drives me crazy enough and you talk about your glory?", I bit the inside of my cheek to refrain bursting out a grin.

His jaw tightened and I was sure he was trying his best to keep that straight face.

"Y/n", he started to say but I butted in.

"Sir?", I tilted my head while his hands went on the hem of the towel.

Blood rushed to my cheeks and I wasn't probably the strongest soldier or maybe I was. He unwrapped while my eyes were wide open. To my unfortunate he was wearing shorts underneath.

My eyes unconsciously narrowed.

"You look disappointed", sarcasm dripped down his words while he walked around the room busy as if he wasn't affected by the news of me leaving.

A stifling silence fell this time. My throat formed a knot which hindered my speech. I cleared my throat quietly before I started to speak.

"Taehyung", he turned to me and I hushed.

"Is it because of me?", His voice cracked several times in that short sentence.

"No, it's for us", he looked addled.

"A lot happened between us in these few months. I think we need a break —", he wanted to say something but I didn't let him.

"— not that kind of a break. We need to be-friend distances in order to get closer", he shook his head and turned away releasing a bitter brief cackle.

"That's bullshit", he refused like a little feisty kid.

"Sometimes distances bring people closer......", My heart ached while I said that.

"Why do you care?", He was being salty and I understood why.

"Because I love you", he neither spoke or faced me so I carried on with the one-way conversation.

"I can't be here for ever, I need exposure in regards to my work. I know I earned that position in your office but things got easy for me because our moms were good friends'', I explained but he stayed quiet and so did I.

"The only area I see you accomplishing in is crumbling my heart and amusing yourself while watching me impaired with the feelings I never knew I would ever have them reserved for you", could that be said by any more enchantment? Because my stomach felt butterflies and my heart warmed up.

Tears landed on my cheeks.

I squeezed myself within his embrace.

"Impair the feelings which hold me? An act of atrocity I'll never want to involve myself for the second time", I mumbled in his touch.

"Then don't go", his voice went low yet desperate.

"I will have to, for mom", I held his cheeks within the bounds of my palm. He kept me closer to him.

"We'll call her here", he said, frowning. My lips curved.

"That's our home Taehyung.....I promise I'll go round trips often to see you and your mom. I'll make sure that you'll have no space to complain", he shook his head and hid his face in the crook of my neck.

I surrounded my arms around him. Just living in his embrace like that gave me all the comfort and security of the world.

I felt a soft peck on my neck which caused me to release a faint giggle.

"I love you", he mumbled but did not leave the contact.

"You see them?!", A voice startled me but Taehyung kept clinging. Taehyung's mom was in the room and my mom was on the video call.

"I told you there's definitely something going on between them", she said to mom.

"Taehyung", I tried to remove his hands from around me but his grip was so firm that I felt I was embedded into him.

"Mom give us a moment please", he whined which came out as a muffle.

"Sure thing", and she left.

"You knew she knows?", I frowned at him.

"I sensed it when both of them wanted us to go on a date together with different people. I'm not surprised", I chortled.

"I can't breathe", I complained and he loosened his grip yet not letting me apart.

"Ain't you being too clingy, is it the same arrogant boss who once couldn't stand me?", I laughed.

[NEXT DAY]

I applied for resignation and Taehyung said he would get it for me so I was back at home and packing up my things. I decided to take the necessities now and the rest later.

Taehyung knocked at my door, he entered when I looked at his way. He extended his hand holding an envelope.

"Your letter", he muttered. I took it back and kept it in my document file. I thought he would leave but he kept standing there. I zipped my luggage bag and sighed.

"It's exhausting", I exhaled.

I was aware that his eyes were on me and I was refraining from looking at him but I couldn't help and did. He had a straight face on.

"Don't tell me you are going to cry", I cackled but it did not last long, a tear rolled down from my eyes which I wiped almost immediately. His fingers ran through his hair.

"Mom is waiting for the dinner", he spoke and left the room abruptly.

After a few minutes I rolled down my luggage and placed it at a corner. We sat at the dining table and for the first time we ate in silence.

After the dessert it was time to leave. Taehyung's mom hugged me.

"We'll keep meeting", she said.
"Our movie nights are due", I reminded. My voice wasn't the finest but I let it show because we all knew the emotions we were going through at the moment.

"We should get going", Taehyung said and rolled my luggage bags outside. I held the other one and followed.

The car journey was painfully silent. I wanted him to speak something but I knew he perhaps was trying really hard to keep holding the sadness.

He parked his car. I held my bags but he did not leave the handle at once. My vision traveled to his face and my heart broke.

I hugged him.

"Don't make it hard for me", I requested as I sobbed.

"I'm not stopping you", he retorted in an unintentional shaky voice.

I leaned back my face and looked at his damp lashes. I kept a kiss on those lips but he caged my nape and got into a deeper kiss.

"Don't forget to call me once you reach", he said in his now raspy voice.
"Or what?", I teased through tears.
"I'll fly to your city", he replied bidding me a goodbye.

_____________________________________

And we are done with the story. Yet ten minutes for this month to end so I successfully stood my my oath hehehe.

Thanks for bearing with my procrastinating ass, you guys should be awarded for not already discarding the story.

Nevertheless, do you guys need an epilogue?
If yes then it will be up on the upcoming Wednesday but if not then thanks for reading till here <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.4K 17
You loved to dance but never liked having an instructor because you though they where bossy,mean sometimes perverted. One day you meet your long old...
490 64 7
Shaping my fake scenarios in a short fan fiction <3 *may contain a lot of time skips as it is a small story so please bare with it* FLUFF . A LITT...
320K 17.4K 27
"Ow.. Why did you throw a blanket at me, Idiot!" "Didn't you just say you were cold, dumbass?!" Some fluffy Jikook right here~ ©fullofrhymes Complete...
7.1K 427 38
❝I can't recognize you anymore.❞ ❝That was you? I can't recall...❞ ❝It's been so long.❞ (2/2) ____________________________________ If you p...